PDA

View Full Version : a question for the tuners

Tree
08-30-2009, 10:46 PM
i was on a few website looking at tuning rates across GA, and i notice that a good bit of the dyno rates were higher for a AWD car then a FWD or a RWD. why is that? is a AWD driver harder to tune then a RWD or FWD?? :thinking: :thinking:

Footefan52
08-30-2009, 11:00 PM
No, it is more of a pain in the ass to strap to the dyno and there are 2 sets of rollers not 1. That means that the dyno is a lot more expensive and they charge more because of that. A computer is a computer in the tuning world. It is dependent on the car wether it is a pain to tune. Subaru is one of the easier ones and E46 bimmers are one of the hardest

speedminded
08-30-2009, 11:10 PM
i was on a few website looking at tuning rates across GA, and i notice that a good bit of the dyno rates were higher for a AWD car then a FWD or a RWD. why is that? is a AWD driver harder to tune then a RWD or FWD?? :thinking: :thinking:
No, it is more of a pain in the ass to strap to the dyno and there are 2 sets of rollers not 1. That means that the dyno is a lot more expensive and they charge more because of that. A computer is a computer in the tuning world. It is dependent on the car wether it is a pain to tune. Subaru is one of the easier ones and E46 bimmers are one of the hardestLOL! AWD dynos cost more, simple as that...they're just recouping their cost. Strapping them down should be no different.

Barefoot
08-30-2009, 11:23 PM
LOL! AWD dynos cost more, simple as that...they're just recouping their cost. Strapping them down should be no different.:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Vteckidd
08-30-2009, 11:43 PM
AWD equipment costs more to own so the cost to use it is higher.

Theres also twice as much wear and tear, because you are using twice as much equipment

Echonova
08-31-2009, 12:12 AM
speedminded
08-31-2009, 12:17 AM
AWD equipment costs more to own so the cost to use it is higher.

Theres also twice as much wear and tear, because you are using twice as much equipmentI love the cheaper AWD dyno's with a belt between the rollers so they both spin no matter what the drivetrain is...then you have 1 million posts on youtube arguing about how they made the FWD into an AWD lolol!

Tree
08-31-2009, 12:35 PM
I love the cheaper AWD dyno's with a belt between the rollers so they both spin no matter what the drivetrain is...then you have 1 million posts on youtube arguing about how they made the FWD into an AWD lolol!
lol like this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2bJ_42G7Qs

speedminded
08-31-2009, 04:48 PM
lol like this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2bJ_42G7QsExfuckingactly. People are so retarded. Tards saying AWD was an option on the preludes...AWSteering was the only option.

Anyone have a stretched frame bike long enough to go on an AWD dyno? I would do it and post the vid as a response and let people be mystified how the front wheel is being powered...it's bluetooth technology yo! Wireless front wheel power! lulz.

quickdodgeŽ
08-31-2009, 05:06 PM
Exfuckingactly. People are so retarded. Tards saying AWD was an option on the preludes...AWSteering was the only option.

And technically that wasn't even the option. It was known as 4ws (Four wheel steering). They didn't even refer to it as AWS, lolol. Just a little bit historical data for ya. Later, QD.