PDA

View Full Version : Misc UFC 102 Results!

Greddypacked
08-30-2009, 03:11 PM
Anybody have a good summary on what happened in UFC 102?

SleepingTalon
08-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Nog wiped out Randy
Maia got exposed by our best student, Nate Marquardt
Jardine got blitzed again, this time by Thiago Silva
Leben got choked unconscious by Rosholt
Brandon Vera played defense striker again at LHW, and won a UD.

Oh, and Randy inked another 6 fight (28 month) deal with the UFC, and is finishing his career up with them.

All is right in the world today.

Sinfix_15
08-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Randy vs Nog was an epic brawl, but it eventually turned into a 1 sided beat down. Nog knocked Randy down several times, tooled him on the ground and damn near subbed em a few times. 30-27 dec Nog.

Nate 1 shot KO'd maia at the beginning of the fight.

Thiago Silva 1 shot KO'd Jardine after a minute or so skirmish.

Chris Leben looked like shit and got beat up then choked out by Rosholt.

Ed Herman twisted his leg in a fight he was losing badly, injury TKO.

Sinfix_15
08-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Nog wiped out Randy
Maia got exposed by our best student, Nate Marquardt
Jardine got blitzed again, this time by Thiago Silva
Leben got choked unconscious by Rosholt
Brandon Vera played defense striker again at LHW, and won a UD.

Oh, and Randy inked another 6 fight (28 month) deal with the UFC, and is finishing his career up with them.

All is right in the world today.

so you train with Greg Jackson?

Greddypacked
08-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Thankyou. Ya Thiago Silva is one mean dude, im glad he won. Cant believe Randy lost but eh happens to the best. Well if you check out Minotauro's stats, 6' 3 240lbs, 31-5 you can see that he's a good contendor. What about Ed. Herman, did he win? I remeber he was one of the winners in the first UFC seasons.

SleepingTalon
08-30-2009, 04:09 PM
so you train with Greg Jackson?

No, I train with Ricardo Murgel, who gave Nate his BJJ black belt, and helps train him for all his fights. He usually leaves for about 2wks at a time. Murgel also travels to Brazil to help Anderson Silva, Nog, etc. Nate doesn't live in NM, he lives in Colorado, which is also where Ricardo lived for a long time after moving here from Brazil. Anyway, Nate goes down to Greg's for a few weeks out of his camp, or the guys from NM (Jardine, Rashad, etc) go to him. The same with GSP. GSP travels from Montreal to NM, to Denver, rinse, repeat.

Ed
08-30-2009, 04:10 PM
randy vs minotauro was by far the best fight i'd ever seen.

BUT i have been following since UFC 86 or so... so i havent seen that many fights.

SleepingTalon
08-30-2009, 04:16 PM
randy vs minotauro was by far the best fight i'd ever seen.

BUT i have been following since UFC 86 or so... so i havent seen that many fights.

It was a good fight for sure. Go look up Takayama vs Frye and tell me what you think! That's REALLY legendary stuff right there, haha.

ironchef
08-30-2009, 05:10 PM
It was a good fight for sure. Go look up Takayama vs Frye and tell me what you think! That's REALLY legendary stuff right there, haha.Don Frye vs The Hawt One is EPIC and will be legendary for all time.

In fact here it is, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJOV1yY0g7w

lowazzcord
09-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Don Frye vs The Hawt One is EPIC and will be legendary for all time.

In fact here it is, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJOV1yY0g7w

agreed one of the greatest fights ever his face is destroyed

TIGERJC
09-04-2009, 12:33 AM
didnt don frye try and come back, and had a comeback like Randleman? Man I miss the pride days with don

SleepingTalon
09-04-2009, 12:51 AM
didnt don frye try and come back, and had a comeback like Randleman? Man I miss the pride days with don

Don Frye still fights. He's actually fighting Dave Herman on September 12th at the Shark Fights event. He's gone 2-2 in his last 4 fights. Very much on the decline.