PDA

View Full Version : Gaming XBOX LIVE HELP

burnout1990
08-30-2009, 12:21 PM
I need some help. I have googled this, with endless reading, nothing seems close to helping.
Situation: Im in Iraq and the only way to get internet is buy the service by the month, log on and your good. I have my wireless connection shared to my Cat5 connection and I am able to get Xbox live up, the problem is a strict NAT. I have read that you can change all this in the router but in my situation I cant access the router.
Any high speed computer techs know of a way to get around this so I can game freely?
I was able to talk to someone via private chat which I read wasn't easy to do, but this sucks, I can't play Call of Duty 4 , it signs in and shit but never finds a "host" to let me play.

Jblizzard
08-30-2009, 02:52 PM
If you can't access the router to change settings, then you're pretty well out of luck.

Sorry man, take care over there.

x Resilience
08-30-2009, 02:54 PM
1. Burn your Xbox.
2. ???????
3. Profit.

Rofl, you could try doing private matches with friends. Thats almost as good as pubs, if not better.

VQ35 Star
08-30-2009, 03:02 PM
start > Run > cmd > ipconfig /all) find default gateway Ip and put that into web browser to connect to your router.

but you've probably already did that, just throwing it out there if you didn't know.

Jblizzard
08-31-2009, 02:55 PM
start > Run > cmd > ipconfig /all) find default gateway Ip and put that into web browser to connect to your router.

but you've probably already did that, just throwing it out there if you didn't know.

It's not his router I dont think, it's whatever one the base has that is wired to all the rooms.

just a guess....

VQ35 Star
08-31-2009, 03:51 PM
I guess the internet is wierd over there. My buddy is in Kuwait (marine) and we google chat as often as we can but it always says hes offline when we are chatting and hes obviously online lol.

Hulud
09-01-2009, 12:20 PM
if you cannot reach your router then you are truely out of luck. you need to open gateways and shit in the router.