PDA

View Full Version : Sports Big Nog just tooled Randy Couture.

Sinfix_15
08-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Nog is back. thats all that needs to be said.

BanginJimmy
08-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Nog is back. thats all that needs to be said.

Havent seen the fight yet, but let him fight someone that is younger than Social Security age first. Couture is a great fighter but you cant fight off father time forever.

americanctm
08-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Big Nog never left... the reason he looked so sluggish against Frank Mir was because he was in the hospital for a whole week before the fight sick. And Randy Couture signed another 6 fight deal with the UFC early yesterday... and will hopefully go back down the Light-Heavy Weight to take on Loyota Machida and maybe Anderson Silva

TicketRedBB6
08-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Big Nog never left... the reason he looked so sluggish against Frank Mir was because he was in the hospital for a whole week before the fight sick. And Randy Couture signed another 6 fight deal with the UFC early yesterday... and will hopefully go back down the Light-Heavy Weight to take on Loyota Machida and maybe Anderson Silva
Damn 6 fights is too many for him. He's pretty much done IMO. I'd like to see him drop weight too and add some diversity to the UFC, but they're just faster at that weight. If he can't fend off slower heavyweights anymore, I dont see how he could do well against light-heavyweights.

Sinfix_15
08-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Randy Coutures age hasnt caught up to him yet. Saying he's washed up is a cop out... Couture is what he is and isnt much different today than he was when he was 40. Nog is a lot older than couture in fight years. My own personal opinion.... @ 16-10... Couture never was. He's a great fighter.. but the credit he gets is a bit too much. He's been given title shots his entire career.... he's 16-10 now.

If you havnt seen the fight, its definately one to watch. It will easily be fight of the year. Couture looked as good as he ever has and this fight was a brawl. With that said.... Nog left no doubt about who the better man was. He tooled Randy standing and on the ground.

Sinfix_15
08-30-2009, 12:17 PM

unless you like seeing Couture get his ass kicked, i'd keep him away from Machida or Anderson.

americanctm
08-30-2009, 12:39 PM
^^ Idk about that... remember he is also a 2 time champion at Light heavy. Plus he is stronger than both Machida and Anderson. If anything i would just like to see them fight to give Anderson a challenge, and Machida too if he defeats Shogun. Couture might be getting up there in age but he is a very smart fighter.

Sinfix_15
08-30-2009, 02:50 PM
i agree that Coutures strength could be an advantage vs some current 205ers, but Anderson and Machida are not those guys. Anderson and Machida both walk around near 220 lbs.. neither of them are small men. I think at this point in Coutures career he would have a hard time bullying either of those guys. The striking difference would be lightyears.... even though Coutures body doesnt look or seem to function like a 46 year old man, his chin does. He would not be able to survive shots from the great strikers @ 205. Its something we have seen before. Couture has lost several fights at 205 and HW. I think the most logical match for Couture right now is Wandy. Back when Couture and Wanderlei were both 205 champions, Couture called out Wand publically. Both of those guys are currently in the twilight of their careers and it would be a fair fight. Sadly... i think the loser of that fight would no longer have a place in the UFC.