PDA

View Full Version : Sports Fedor vs Brett Rogers

Sinfix_15
08-27-2009, 02:22 PM
this fight has been made official. Brett Rogers is a very underserving challenger but he's on a hot streak and there's not much to offer Fedor outside of the UFC. Not that the UFC HW division is much better. Brock Lesnar the champion is 4-1 while the unproven Rogers is still undefeated at 10-0.

I had already come to the conclusion that Fedor's next 3 fights would be Werdum, Overeem and Rogers, though i did not think Rogers would be first. I find it a little strange that Strikeforce did not put Fedor in an instant title shot. Either way, this is a very mediocre fight for a guy of Fedor's status and its a lot more risk than reward. Fedor's legacy is 1 punch away from being crushed and i hope that a no name like Brett Rogers wont be the guy to do it. He's big and has heavy hands, but thats pretty much where it stops.

Smart money is on Fedor, outside of a miracle happening.. this should be a 45 second fight that ends with Brett Rogers asking the ref where he's at.

that is all.

Sinfix_15
08-28-2009, 01:53 AM
This thread makes me sad. Fedor, the best fighter in the world... and hardly anyone knows him. I hope he makes it to the UFC before age catches him. Other wise he's doomed to obscurity, fighting lesser quality opponents on fight cards only MMA purist and hardcore fans know about.

asshowl
08-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Fedor is a beast, UFC already fucked up Fedor / Coture. Fedor vs Lesnar a no-go last i heard Fedor and Dana coulnd not come up with an agreement something about M1 wanting to co-promote with the UFC and Dana wanted no part of it. So its Rogers vs Fedor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrTNpdtCkEc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.mmanews.com%2Fgeneral-mma-forum%2F37767-fedor-brett-rogers-have-their-first-staredown-video-included.html&feature=player_embedded#t=39) should be fun on their feet but if it should go to the ground Mr. Rogers has some figuring out to do. I woulnt mind seeing a rematch between Fedor and Arlovski, i thought Arlovski was doing pretty well before getting KTFO.

Sinfix_15
08-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Fedor is a beast, UFC already fucked up Fedor / Coture. Fedor vs Lesnar a no-go last i heard Fedor and Dana coulnd not come up with an agreement something about M1 wanting to co-promote with the UFC and Dana wanted no part of it. So its Rogers vs Fedor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrTNpdtCkEc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.mmanews.com%2Fgeneral-mma-forum%2F37767-fedor-brett-rogers-have-their-first-staredown-video-included.html&feature=player_embedded#t=39) should be fun on their feet but if it should go to the ground Mr. Rogers has some figuring out to do. I woulnt mind seeing a rematch between Fedor and Arlovski, i thought Arlovski was doing pretty well before getting KTFO.

no doubt, The AA vs Fedor fight told a story that the results would not indicate. That was the best looking Arlovski ever and that was certainly the most scared ive ever been for Fedor. AA seems like a real emotional guy, he takes a loss really hard. He would need to win 5-6 fights in a row before id put him back infront of Fedor. He was mentally prepared the first time, he's broken right now.

Rogers is a big guy... if he lands one it could get ugly. Also... he's dissrespectful... which in this fight.. is a good thing. If you pay Fedor the respect he deserves, you're scared to death and already lost the fight. Rogers will come in with a chip on his shoulder. He's not scared.... even though he should be. If Rogers lands one this fight could get nasty. I still think Fedor has the advantage everywhere. If big Rogers falls on his back at any point, this fight will be over quickly. I see this fight looking like the Tim Sylvia fight, the first time Rogers throws something, he's gonna get overwhelmed with speed, knocked down and either pounded out or subbed.

americanctm
08-29-2009, 11:41 AM
M-1 Global had a thing on HDNet last night... their biggest draw was a FUCKING SPARRING matching between Fedor and a light-heavy weight i believe. Strikeforce only has 1-2 fighters for Fedor.. after his 3 fight deal with Strikeforce Fedor and his management better wise the fuck up and sign with the UFC without that gay M-1 Global co-promotion bullshit.

Yes the UFC's Heavyweight Division isn't stacked but it still offers more for Fedor than anybody else can right now: Frank Mir, Big Nog, Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin, Cheick Kongo, and maybe a rematch with Andrei Arlovski.

03RCode
08-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Fedor is going to tear him to absolute pieces.

americanctm
08-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Yep haha, only good thing now is that i can watch Fedor on Showtime instead of buying Pay-per-View

ironchef
08-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Looking forward to this fight. Sure Rogers is untested, but that doesn't mean he won't bring a fight. So, we'll see what happens, MMA is too unpredictable to say anything definitive as far as who wins/loses.

n2daizo123
08-29-2009, 02:52 PM
The reason for not giving him an instant title fight is because Overeem has a hand injury and it will be Fedors first time in a cage.

Sinfix_15
08-29-2009, 04:14 PM
M-1 Global had a thing on HDNet last night... their biggest draw was a FUCKING SPARRING matching between Fedor and a light-heavy weight i believe. Strikeforce only has 1-2 fighters for Fedor.. after his 3 fight deal with Strikeforce Fedor and his management better wise the fuck up and sign with the UFC without that gay M-1 Global co-promotion bullshit.

Yes the UFC's Heavyweight Division isn't stacked but it still offers more for Fedor than anybody else can right now: Frank Mir, Big Nog, Cain Velasquez, Shane Carwin, Cheick Kongo, and maybe a rematch with Andrei Arlovski.

i hope strikeforce crumbles just for this reason. Im happy the UFC will market aggressively towards them. If the UFC cornering the market is the only way to get Fedor then it needs to happen. The greatest fighter ever in the short history of MMA... MMA's Micheal Jordan.. is fighting in the minor leagues. It's a real shame.

Sinfix_15
08-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Yep haha, only good thing now is that i can watch Fedor on Showtime instead of buying Pay-per-View

i heard a rumor that theyre gonna start doing PPV eventually. If so... im dropping showtime and not ordering anything they do.