PDA

View Full Version : Sports vick debut

OUTLAW
08-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Andy Reid isn't budging. Oh, he admitted that Michael Vickhttp://assets.philadelphiaeagles.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=18476&spadaro=1#) would make his Eagles preseason debut on Thursday night and that he is as interested as we are to see how Vick responds to the game tempo after two years away, but that's about all he would say. Vick will play at some point in the opening three quarters of the game while the starters are on the field. How much he is going to play, where he is going to be used and what the X's and O's are all about remain a mystery.

Certainly, Reid could be playing the coy role here. He simply may not want to say much about Vick's involvement in the offense as a way of keeping the plans under wraps. Maybe the Eagles are working on so many way-out schemes with Vick that they don't want Carolina or New Orleans or Kansas City or Tampa Bay to have any idea what to expect when No. 7 is on the field during the first quarter of the regular season.

Then again, maybe Reid really doesn't know what to expect from Vick. He has seen Vick in practice for nearly two weeks, just enough time to get a glimpse of his strong arm and marvelous athletic ability. He has worked with Vick in the classroom to gain a quick knowledge of the West Coast offense. Reid and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg have probably tossed around a few ideas on how to best use Vick, and they want Thursday to be a toe-in-the-water step before they throw Vick in the ocean all the way and fully integrate him into the scheme.

Who knows? It sure adds some fun and some intrigue to the third preseason game, one that has generated a ton of interest and is shrouded in the mystery of Michael Vick.

"I can only go off of what I've seen in practice and it looks like he's moving around pretty good but again, realistically it's been two years," said Reid. "We'll see how it works out and give him a couple shots in there and see what he can do."

What can the coaches truly tell from a handful -- a large handful, but a handful, nonetheless -- of practices during which Vick wears a red jersey and, thus, nobody is permitted to lay a gloved finger on him? Yeah, the Eagles practice fast and they are precise and they get in a lot of work, but who is to say how Vick will react when a mass of defensive humanity comes hurtling at him on the short side of the field on a third-and-6 play?

Hey, maybe the coaches know. Maybe Reid and Mornhinweg and David Culley and James Urban and Ted Williams and Tom Melvin and Doug Pederson have had offensive meetings and have each submitted a couple of sketches of plays to include Vick. Maybe the Eagles are going to take a look a Vick now at quarterback and then have him move around the formation next week against the Jets and really give defensive coordinators nightmares when it is their time to game plan against the Eagles.

Maybe.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

At least Reid was consistent on Tuesday when asked repeatedly about Vick and the expectations and the plan for Vick in this game. See, we all want to know the plan. We want to know what the future holds for Vick and for the Eagles. And, well, Reid kept his thoughts focused on one game and one game only.

"I'm really just going to take it play by play, see how he adjusts to the game speed," said Reid. "If I think that's a problem I'd probably discontinue the reps, but if I feel like he's adjusting okay then I'd continue to give him an opportunity there."

I admit to daydreaming about what might happen. Vick trots out to the field as a quarterback and the crowd rises. He lines up under center and drops back, rolls to his left and the defensive backs bite up anticipating a run and, snap, there's a 47-yard touchdown pass to DeSean Jackson. And the crowd goes crazy, wanting more. And then the next time Vick plays he rolls left and keeps rolling all the way for a 72-yard touchdown run and ....

OK, time to wake up. This happens sometimes. Eagles delirium. You understand, I know.

Anyway, Vick is going to play and he is going to play with the starters in some way, shape or form and maybe he and Donovan McNabb will be on the field together and, as Reid said, he isn't afraid to use the Wildcat formation and show it to the rest of the NFL and ...

I'm breathless. We're in the hump-day part of the preseason, and Vick's presence adds a tremendous sizzle to the game. The Eagles Television Network is broadcasting the game and the NFL Network is going to have live look-ins at the action and there will be a much higher number of media in the house reporting on the event.

To the outside world, this is, indeed an event. Vick has to appear in Virginia earlier in the day for a bankruptcy hearing and his every move will, I imagine, chronicled and tweeted and broadcast over the World Wide Leader in Sports by personal Vick-stalker Sal Paolantonio (just having fun, Sal Pal) and so we'll know where Vick is every minute of the day. Kind of like the Christmas Eve Santa Claus tracker I enjoyed so much when I was nine years old.

To the Eagles world, Thursday's game is an important 60 minutes. There are roster battles to be had and jobs to be won. And in the case of Vick, there is a sense of discovery here. What can Michael Vick offer the Eagles? Andy Reid isn't saying because A) He truly doesn't know, or; B) He isn't saying a thing until Vick plays in the regular season.

Either way, the suspense is such a tease, and it makes this game so much fun to see.

NEWS AND NOTES AND THIS AND THAT

OK, so what does the addition of Tony Curtis mean at tight end? It has to mean something that the Eagles signed him without seeing him completely healthy (Curtis has a high ankle sprain), and it has to mean something when Reid describes him as a "big, strong, line of scrimmage player." This is something you don't hear that often about the Eagles. Does Curtis make the team before he is totally healthy? Is he on the verge of being 100 percent healthy and the Eagles just want to look at him for a week and see if he can block? The team is too heavy at tight end now with Brent Celek, Matt Schobel, Rob Myers, Eugene Bright and now Curtis. Way too heavy. It's going to be interesting to see how this position looks in a couple of weeks.
For all of you who want T.J. Duckett now that he was released by Seattle, I have to say I'm not with you. That's not to say the Eagles won't be interested, because Duckett is a quality short-yardage back. But what else does he do? I'd need to know more. And if you think the Eagles are going to keep a third halfback because he can gain a first down on a third-and-1 play, I don't see it. Leonard Weaver can do that if you are looking for a "big" back. Truthfully, I'm not sure the Eagles can keep three halfbacks active every week.
Stacy Andrews is ready to go. "I'm amped," he said. "I'm going to go out there 100 miles an hour." Andrews has practiced every day, he looks good and it sure seems like he is ready, barring a setback, to see his first game action since tearing his ACL in a late-season game for the Bengals in 2008. "I heard a lot of stories from people when it first happened about how long it would take me to get back," he said. "I used that as motivation. I gave it everything I had to get healthy, and here I am."
Nothing new on right tackle Shawn Andrews, who is still not practicing. Obviously, if he doesn't get on the field within the next week, it will be very, very difficult for him to play in the opener.
Curtis Gatewood has one of the most difficult jobs in the world on Thursday night. With everyone around him moving at warp speed and actually knowing where they are going, Gatewood is going to play with almost no knowledge of special teams and of the defensive scheme. Good luck, kid. About the only thing he can do is keep running to the ball and hope he catches up once in a while.
There is this notion that the Eagles are all kinds of beaten up physically, and it is true that they have lost Stewart Bradley and Cornelius Ingram for the season with knee injuries, and it's true that the offensive line has yet to spend time together. But they get back Stacy Andrews, Brian Westbrook, Trent Cole and Kevin Kolb this week. That is a great start to becoming as close to whole as they can for the Panthers on September 13. You want to see a team really hurting? Look at Carolina and the Giants and let me know what you see.
Offensive guard Todd Herremans said at his locker on Tuesday that he is fully confident that his "stress reaction" will heal in time for him to play against the Panthers. "I'm very optimistic about it," he said.
Funny scene in the locker room as Vick dressed after practice with about two dozen members of the media forming a half circle around his locker. McNabb went running over and said, "I'm talking to Michael! I'm talking to Michael!" and then the two of them left the locker room together. A chuckle-worthy moment.

VIP Style
08-27-2009, 06:54 PM
good to see him back, the crowd gave him a standing ovation.

HalfBaked
08-27-2009, 06:58 PM
I heard he killed like 30 dogs to warm up for the game

81911SC
08-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Won't do shit, I bet my reps on it. Lol

cjhutch
08-27-2009, 11:04 PM

The dog killer jokes got old a long time ago. Now if you take it old school with a Ron Mexico joke you may be able to redeem yourself.

VIP Style
08-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Won't do shit, I bet my reps on it. Lol
its just a preseason game, hell brett only had 4 passing yards in his first

VIP Style
08-27-2009, 11:47 PM
that was lame.

OUTLAW
08-28-2009, 06:06 AM
people are so dam childish quit with the lame ass dog jokes shit was old last year. im just glad the man is playin again and that the people of philly can respect that and give the man a standing ovation cant say the same for some of you inbreads here i know yall cant wait till he comes here n i hope he kicks the falcons ass

quickdodge®
08-28-2009, 08:06 AM
people are so dam childish quit with the lame ass dog jokes shit was old last year. im just glad the man is playin again and that the people of philly can respect that and give the man a standing ovation cant say the same for some of you inbreads here i know yall cant wait till he comes here n i hope he kicks the falcons ass

The people of Philly do not respect him. Some people in Philly do. But word is that it's actually split right now.

Also, Vick would have to be playing for him to "kick" the Falcons ass. More than likely, he won't be. Later, QD.

VIP Style
08-28-2009, 10:57 AM
The people of Philly do not respect him. Some people in Philly do. But word is that it's actually split right now.

Also, Vick would have to be playing for him to "kick" the Falcons ass. More than likely, he won't be. Later, QD.lol did you see those idiots protesting against vick a few blocks away? I was like goodness people give it up and get a life, be part of the solution instead of trying to hold the man hostage for the rest of his life. overall though, the crowd was cheering for him, i would say that the majority of phillys fanbase likes him.

VIP Style
08-28-2009, 11:01 AM
im not sure if the constant shifting vick in and out will work. unless donovan gets hurt or moves on next year when his contract expires, i dont see vick staying in philly. philly will polish his qb skills, and use him for trade bait.

quickdodge®
08-28-2009, 11:06 AM
lol did you see those idiots protesting against vick a few blocks away? I was like goodness people give it up and get a life, be part of the solution instead of trying to hold the man hostage for the rest of his life. overall though, the crowd was cheering for him, i would say that the majority of phillys fanbase likes him.

Yeah I see that, man. And I agree. This is what I don't understand (aside from him already doing his time; so leave him alone), but are these people's lives that un-fulfilling or miserable that they have to spend all their time trying to make others lives the same way? Let him be. If you don't like it, there's nothing wrong with that, but why run around screaming and yelling it to everyone. I know that they do it because of Amendment 1, but still.

And everywhere I've read/heard/seen, it's really mixed in the even spot as far as his being welcome in Philadelphia.

philly will polish his qb skills, and use him for trade bait.

That makes a lot of sense. Too many more teams could use a QB and the Eagles could (possibly) make a killing off him for that. Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
08-28-2009, 05:42 PM
good to see him back, the crowd gave him a standing ovation.

why cheer for someone who just got out of prison.....? He's back.. i accept that, i think its fair that he returns... but i dont see any reason to go out of the way to make him feel welcome. Guy is a low life piece of shit criminal that's good at football. He needs a job, his job is football. No need for an ovation.

OUTLAW
08-28-2009, 08:38 PM
people like you is why this country is so fucked up. who the fuck are you to say what the man does or does not deserve. he paid his debt period not like paris hilton the man did all his time all of it what else do you want from him. hating ass bitches like u make me sick
why cheer for someone who just got out of prison.....? He's back.. i accept that, i think its fair that he returns... but i dont see any reason to go out of the way to make him feel welcome. Guy is a low life piece of shit criminal that's good at football. He needs a job, his job is football. No need for an ovation.

StormShadow
08-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Hi!Haters. I'm glad to see Vick back even if it was for only 4 plays.He's a great player to watch.The truth be told,there is a lot of dirt in NFL and politics,plenty of good with the bad.He did his time,now he's tryin to get his paper.:2cents:

Sinfix_15
08-29-2009, 01:42 AM
people like you is why this country is so fucked up. who the fuck are you to say what the man does or does not deserve. he paid his debt period not like paris hilton the man did all his time all of it what else do you want from him. hating ass bitches like u make me sick

umm.... can you not read? i said it's fair that he's able to come back, i dont have a problem with that. More power to him.... i dont see a need to celebrate his return. People like you are why this country is fucked up. You always want to feel like someone is a victim when they do something stupid. Someone is always judging you or treating you unfairly. Taking up for Vick is obsurd, he's been a piece of shit his entire career. Good football player, no doubt. he's fantastic, but he's a low life piece of shit. Same for his brother. The Vick's cant stay out of trouble... am i suppose to feel sorry for this guy? here's a guy who could fly anywhere in the world.... do anything.. buy anything... be in the front row of any event.. own any car.. live in any house... and he chose to be a piece of shit criminal and abuse animals. You feel sorry for this guy????? fuck you and fuck him.

BABY J
08-29-2009, 07:39 AM

And who the fuck are you? I assume that you are so much better so please do tell. I'll wait for your answer...

umm.... can you not read? i said it's fair that he's able to come back, i dont have a problem with that.

Great. So just say that and shut what they call the fuck up. I don't remember this being a POLL to ask for your raggedy ass opinion. But on the same token no1 asked for mine either.

More power to him.... i dont see a need to celebrate his return.

Well obviously SOME people felt the need to and did JUST that. You don't see a need to? Great - sit in the corner and STFU.

People like you are why this country is fucked up. You always want to feel like someone is a victim when they do something stupid. Someone is always judging you or treating you unfairly. Taking up for Vick is obsurd, he's been a piece of shit his entire career. Good football player, no doubt. he's fantastic, but he's a low life piece of shit. Same for his brother. The Vick's cant stay out of trouble... am i suppose to feel sorry for this guy?

People like YOU is why this country is fucked up. Last time I checked he paid his debt to society in accordance w/ the law. Get over it, and get over yourself. I don't see any1 "taking up for" Vick as you have stated in this post. What have you done so fucking great that makes you kool enough to decide when some1 is a low-life? No1 asked you to feel sorry for any1.

here's a guy who could fly anywhere in the world.... do anything.. buy anything... be in the front row of any event.. own any car.. live in any house... and he chose to be a piece of shit criminal and abuse animals. You feel sorry for this guy????? fuck you and fuck him.

AND? YOU seem to be the one that are feeling sorry for yourself b/c you can't do the same?? You think b/c some1 is a fucking jock that it makes them smart? You think b/c some1 is a millionaire that they have any better judgement than the guy who gave you your sweet tea from McDonald's last week? YOU are the one who obv can't see the world for what it is and can't see people for what we are - PEOPLE. Not matter how many TVs you are on tonight and no matter how much money you have in the bank.

Maybe you need to accept the fact that there are people who can have any house they want, buy any car they want, and STILL rob banks - and STILL touch kids - and STILL fight dogs for pleasure. Welcome to Earth... enjoy your stay.

Sinfix_15
08-29-2009, 12:39 PM
And who the fuck are you? I assume that you are so much better so please do tell. I'll wait for your answer...

Great. So just say that and shut what they call the fuck up. I don't remember this being a POLL to ask for your raggedy ass opinion. But on the same token no1 asked for mine either.

Well obviously SOME people felt the need to and did JUST that. You don't see a need to? Great - sit in the corner and STFU.

People like YOU is why this country is fucked up. Last time I checked he paid his debt to society in accordance w/ the law. Get over it, and get over yourself. I don't see any1 "taking up for" Vick as you have stated in this post. What have you done so fucking great that makes you kool enough to decide when some1 is a low-life? No1 asked you to feel sorry for any1.

AND? YOU seem to be the one that are feeling sorry for yourself b/c you can't do the same?? You think b/c some1 is a fucking jock that it makes them smart? You think b/c some1 is a millionaire that they have any better judgement than the guy who gave you your sweet tea from McDonald's last week? YOU are the one who obv can't see the world for what it is and can't see people for what we are - PEOPLE. Not matter how many TVs you are on tonight and no matter how much money you have in the bank.

Maybe you need to accept the fact that there are people who can have any house they want, buy any car they want, and STILL rob banks - and STILL touch kids - and STILL fight dogs for pleasure. Welcome to Earth... enjoy your stay.

This is whats wrong with kids today. People like Vick are their heros.

Sinfix_15
08-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Vick coming back to the NFL is perfectly acceptable. He paid his dues and should be able to return to paying taxes and making a living. Which in this case is football. I dont agree with protesting him, outside of maybe an animal organization or something..

Vick should not be celebrated or rewarded for doing his time in jail. This fucking idiot above me giving the 2 cent speach about treating athletes like people... I am... No other people get standing ovations when they leave prison. Neither should Vick.

If you're honestly offended by me not wanting to celebrate Vick's exit from prison.... You're probably a low life piece of shit yourself.

As i already stated, its cool that hes back in the NFL. A man deserves to make a living, Football players shouldnt be treated any different than a construction worker. And that goes both ways....

BABY J
08-29-2009, 12:57 PM
.. Vick should not be celebrated or rewarded for doing his time in jail. This fucking idiot above me giving the 2 cent speach about treating athletes like people... I am... No other people get standing ovations when they leave prison. Neither should Vick.

An idiot is the person that thinks that the ovation was for completeing his jail time. Was this ovation outside of the jail when he walked out?? Or was it at the game? Hmmm - many athletes get standing ovations. The people that do that are called "fans" (something I am not) - look it up.

If you're honestly offended by me not wanting to celebrate Vick's exit from prison.... You're probably a low life piece of shit yourself.

Again, if you HONESTLY think people are celebrating his exit from prison then you are a bigger dork than you are potraying yourself to be - which is quite a feat in itself. Also... if you think that you can do anything that "offends" me I'd suggest you take a day and figure out who I am on this board and who I am not. It's a low life piece of shit that feels he has enough figured out about this rock to judge another man by his mistakes/shortcomings and call that man a low-life piece of shit.

As i already stated, its cool that hes back in the NFL. A man deserves to make a living, Football players shouldnt be treated any different than a construction worker. And that goes both ways....

And it's funny that you call me a kid Mr. October 1, 1983. I was getting pussy by the time you realized you had 3 chest hairs.

VIP Style
08-29-2009, 01:29 PM
whats wrong with youth paying attention to a man who has lost alot due to his previous way of living? IMO lots of younger and older kids will learn from him that making wise decisions is essential to your life. His whole rise and fall should be a strong standing example to any youngster who is out in the world living as if they are invincible to the negative decisions that they make.
This is whats wrong with kids today. People like Vick are their heros.

Sinfix_15
08-29-2009, 04:00 PM
whats wrong with youth paying attention to a man who has lost alot due to his previous way of living? IMO lots of younger and older kids will learn from him that making wise decisions is essential to your life. His whole rise and fall should be a strong standing example to any youngster who is out in the world living as if they are invincible to the negative decisions that they make.

he hasnt done anything yet.... he just got out of prison. If Vick turns it around and uses his experiences to be a spokesperson and does well... i'll be the first to support the guy. Given the history of the Vicks.... i'm gonna have to see it before i care anything about em. There's no reason to have a standing ovation for Vick leaving prison. Maybe another day he will deserve it... but right now, he's just another guy who screwed up and is trying to start over.

Sinfix_15
08-29-2009, 04:07 PM
An idiot is the person that thinks that the ovation was for completeing his jail time. Was this ovation outside of the jail when he walked out?? Or was it at the game? Hmmm - many athletes get standing ovations. The people that do that are called "fans" (something I am not) - look it up.

Again, if you HONESTLY think people are celebrating his exit from prison then you are a bigger dork than you are potraying yourself to be - which is quite a feat in itself. Also... if you think that you can do anything that "offends" me I'd suggest you take a day and figure out who I am on this board and who I am not. It's a low life piece of shit that feels he has enough figured out about this rock to judge another man by his mistakes/shortcomings and call that man a low-life piece of shit.

And it's funny that you call me a kid Mr. October 1, 1983. I was getting pussy by the time you realized you had 3 chest hairs.

typical angry idiot. Completely ignore the reasons or justifications behind people feeling the way they do. Serving your prison time is not an admiral act in society that should merit any type of ovation. Vick went to prison and served his time because he commited a criminal act and was forced to. It wasnt an option for him. What do you admire about this? What is so great about an employee returning to their job after serving prison time? People embrace the lowlifes in society. You glorify their every move. This is why so many young kids walking the street would rather be 50cent than a cop or firefighter. Start holding people accountable for their actions. Vick deserves any critism he gets. He may turn out for the better... if so.. more power to him. I'll be a fan. It hasnt happened yet.

BABY J
08-29-2009, 06:56 PM
What part of my posts makes you think I support/admire Vick as a person or a QB? Maybe you need to learn how to read. I'll break it down for you since you obv have a hard time understanding my stance has NOTHING to do w/ Vick - it has to do w/ people thinking that they are SOO kool that they can depict when they are better than some1 Mr. Drive Around With No Insurace and Registration Streetrace In Public. You could have hit a kid on the street and killed him... or hit a dog in the road (since we are talking about dogs). Then what if all of Earth called you a low-life piece of shit just b/c of that after you have done your time? Does that make you a low-life? No - it makes you some1 that made a mistake and a bad judgement call. Make sense??

What I am saying is you are no1 special to judge another man - THAT is what I am saying to you since you are having a hard time comprehending.

Sinfix_15
08-29-2009, 07:57 PM
What part of my posts makes you think I support/admire Vick as a person or a QB? Maybe you need to learn how to read. I'll break it down for you since you obv have a hard time understanding my stance has NOTHING to do w/ Vick - it has to do w/ people thinking that they are SOO kool that they can depict when they are better than some1 Mr. Drive Around With No Insurace and Registration Streetrace In Public. You could have hit a kid on the street and killed him... or hit a dog in the road (since we are talking about dogs). Then what if all of Earth called you a low-life piece of shit just b/c of that after you have done your time? Does that make you a low-life? No - it makes you some1 that made a mistake and a bad judgement call. Make sense??

What I am saying is you are no1 special to judge another man - THAT is what I am saying to you since you are having a hard time comprehending.

if i hit some kid on the road doing something stupid, i would feel like a low life piece of shit. I certainly wouldnt expect any type of ovation when i got out of prison. It's not even about judging Vick for me. He served his time... that's over with. I dont think anymore punishment should come his way. I dont care that hes back in the NFL, thats all fine and dandy. What im saying is.... this man has done nothing to deserve an ovation. Scoring touchdowns doesnt erase your mistakes.

ItsBlack
08-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Vick receiving an ovation was simply from respect out of the fans that never gave up on him. For example, if a close family member, maybe a cousin/uncle/etc. went to jail for the same thing would you be happy to see him back? Would you maybe through a welcome home party and accept him back with open arms? I would, that's why I cheer for Michael Vick.

quickdodge®
08-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Does that make you a low-life? No - it makes you some1 that made a mistake and a bad judgement call. Make sense??

I would think that scenario would make him a low life POS. And I would wish the same fate on him. But if he was brought through the system and did his time, acknowledging his fault and repented and came out a better and changed person, then my thoughts of him might change into "Hey, give this guy another chance."

Sinifix, if you want to berate someone, berate PETA. They're actively protesting every move he makes. Even though he has done his time and all. They won't let him move forward. They won't give him a chance to get his act together and show that he might be a different man than he was 2 years ago.

I don't think anyone (besides family and friends) are celebrating/applauding his release from prison, but cheering for their favorite player's return to the NFL. They're probably not even thinking about why he was gone over the wanting to see him get back into the game.

You should take your "anger" out on a more deserving person. Stallworth. Even though he got only a one year suspension from the NFL, he only got 1 month for the actual crime. It's not Stallworth's fault he beat the system, but it would be more reasonable if you were attacking him than Vick. Later, QD.

ueyedgr8tness
08-29-2009, 08:33 PM
LOL!! sinfix u hate on people for cheering vick on but the funny part is a little over 35% of nfl players beat there wifes and i am sure you have atleast 1 of your favored is a women beater yet you cheer for him at every game.WOW! get over it already he did the crime and done the time needless to say u break the law probley everyday yet u don't get caught now aint that a bit**.

quickdodge®
08-29-2009, 09:11 PM
is a little over 35% of nfl players beat there wifes

Source? Later, QD.

81911SC
08-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Source? Later, QD.I'm sure there's not one.

Sinfix_15
08-29-2009, 11:56 PM
LOL!! sinfix u hate on people for cheering vick on but the funny part is a little over 35% of nfl players beat there wifes and i am sure you have atleast 1 of your favored is a women beater yet you cheer for him at every game.WOW! get over it already he did the crime and done the time needless to say u break the law probley everyday yet u don't get caught now aint that a bit**.

:english: amazing the ammount of support a criminal gets vs someone who doesnt think he deserves as ovation. I dont want to bash Vick... i just dont support him. People fighting for the honor of a criminal. The world we live in.

01CDMLUDER
08-30-2009, 06:29 AM
Source? Later, QD.

Not the source but a list of some NFL wife beaters

Slap-a-hoe (http://ericathurman.ennoir.com/?p=248)

quickdodge®
08-30-2009, 09:06 AM
:english: amazing the ammount of support a criminal gets vs someone who doesnt think he deserves as ovation. I dont want to bash Vick... i just dont support him. People fighting for the honor of a criminal. The world we live in.

You're not really reading the responses, are you? The more you negatively post about him and the people behind him, the more it shows that you're not for anything positive he does. You're showing that he does NOT deserve a second chance. If I were to look at the database of PETA members, honestly, would I find your name on that list?

It looks like you're just trying to up your post count. You've got enough posts to post in the FOR SALE section, so why are you trying to get more posts? Later, QD.

BABY J
08-30-2009, 09:08 AM
It was obv that he wasn't reading my responses so that's why I just bowed out - LOL.

quickdodge®
08-30-2009, 09:12 AM
I've been out of school for about 20 years now, so I may not remember a lot of my lessons. On the other hand, Math was my strongest subject. Now according to the link that was provided above, 9 people are/were wife/spouse "beaters." With an NFL population numbering around 1,696 players, I hardly think that that would be 35%.

In fact, that would be only .5%. That is a far cry from 35%. In fact, it would take about 600 players to be considered spouse abusers to make a 35% number. Just adding posts to the flame to keep the embers burning or what? Later, QD.

Tracy
08-30-2009, 09:37 AM
I hope Vick has changed. Honestly. I accept that he has done his time. BUT.......

I would like to say that prison is not really a place for changing though. More often than not, it is a place to learn how to become a better criminal and a lot of people return after their release. Prison is supposed to be a place for "rehabilitation", unfortunately it's not.

In prison:
1998 561,020
1977 147,895

Conditionally released who return (I didn't see the facts for those who served all of their time, but I assume conditionally includes probation, etc.):
In 1998 209,782
In 1977 it was 19,617

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/prisons.htm

I think that is almost 40% back in 1998 and from the pattern in the stats, that % goes up every year.

Either way, only time will tell. Best of luck to him. Maybe now some kids will grow up KNOWING that dog fights are wrong—even if they were raised with it.

quickdodge®
08-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I hope Vick has changed. Honestly. I accept that he has done his time. BUT.......

I would like to say that prison is not really a place for changing though. More often than not, it is a place to learn how to become a better criminal and a lot of people return after their release. Prison is supposed to be a place for "rehabilitation", unfortunately it's not.

In prison:
1998 561,020
1977 147,895

Conditionally released who return (I didn't see the facts for those who served all of their time, but I assume conditionally includes probation, etc.):
In 1998 209,782
In 1977 it was 19,617

I think that is almost 40% back in 1998 and from the pattern in the stats, that % goes up every year.

Either way, only time will tell. Best of luck to him. Maybe now some kids will grow up KNOWING that dog fights are wrong—even if they were raised with it.

Hmmmmm. Ok. Later, QD.

Tracy
08-30-2009, 09:45 AM

Entered prison:
1998 561,020
1977 147,895

In 1998 209,782
In 1977 it was 19,617

edit: Their spread sheets are all weird and hard to read. My % calulations are off. I think the first stat I gave are annual admission, not total in prison. Either way, the 2nd set is right for the returning to prison. I just can't give an accurate % based on the info provided because it is wonky to read.

tony
08-30-2009, 09:47 AM

In prison:
1998 561,020
1977 147,895

In 1998 209,782
In 1977 it was 19,617

Are they not rehabilitated due to who/what they are or is it because their original crime was due to the lack of opportunities and incarceration resulted in even less opportunities which led them back to the original lifestyle? Theres more to the story than just the numbers, I guarantee those that did not return the jail were because they found an opportunity or initiative that changed their life.

Vick has his opportunity, I personally feel as an individual he might not has changed but he understands the consequences far outweigh the benefits which is why he will not make the same mistake twice.

Tracy
08-30-2009, 09:53 AM
Are they not rehabilitated due to who/what they are or is it because their original crime was due to the lack of opportunities and incarceration resulted in even less opportunities which led them back to the original lifestyle? Theres more to the story than just the numbers, I guarantee those that did not return the jail were because they found an opportunity or initiative that changed their life.

Vick has his opportunity, I personally feel as an individual he might not has changed but he understands the consequences far outweigh the benefits which is why he will not make the same mistake twice.

I can't say. I am not a professional. The best I can do is read the stats. I can't read into them. I get what you are saying about it being more than numbers, but numbers are usually taken as "fact".

To kind of go along with your post, he had lots of opportunity before he went to jail. It didn't prevent what happened. I think a lot of people are in prison because of their "lack of opportunity" (the is the US so I feel like everyone has some sort of opportunity, but for arguments sake I will go with this). To say you didn't know any better when you were so well traveled and socialized after all is said and done is a little off IMO to begin with. The "opportunity" didn't hinder the acts, now why all of a sudden would it create "change"?

quickdodge®
08-30-2009, 09:55 AM
I thought this thread was about people's reaction to Vick's return, not about prison statistics and such? Later, QD.

Tracy
08-30-2009, 10:02 AM
I thought this thread was about people's reaction to Vick's return, not about prison statistics and such? Later, QD.

Well it is relevant to my reaction to his return and to the rest of the discussion that was going on at the point of my entry. If you don't see that, sorry— I will make it more clear.

I am glad he has done his time. He deserved to and he deserves a life after based on our system and how it is SUPPOSED to work, but also based on my facts, doesn't all of the time. I hope he has changed, but I doubt it based on my personal experience with people who go to prison—and for added effect, my stats.

Do I think he should be able to play again? Sure. Football isn't about morals and good conduct. It's about entertainment. Lindsay and Brittany go to jail once a week and are allowed to have their jobs back. I wouldn't want him to be the principal of a middle school, but again—it's just football.

Do I think he has really changed? No. I think he realizes he lost a lot of time and money and based on his interview, he had awesome interview coaching.

Standing ovation? OK. I am not a football fan, so I don't feel the enthusiasm, but it is apparent that some people also don't see the big deal about what happened and love football more than dogs and are entitled to feel that way.

tony
08-30-2009, 10:07 AM
I can't say. I am not a professional. The best I can do is read the stats. I can't read into them. I get what you are saying about it being more than numbers, but numbers are usually taken as "fact".

To kind of go along with your post, he had lots of opportunity before he went to jail. It didn't prevent what happened. I think a lot of people are in prison because of their "lack of opportunity" (the is the US so I feel like everyone has some sort of opportunity, but for arguments sake I will go with this). To say you didn't know any better when you were so well traveled and socialized after all is said and done is a little off IMO to begin with. The "opportunity" didn't hinder the acts, now why all of a sudden would it create "change"?

Think about it, if you're the highest paid football player in the NFL, revered by many and hardly criticized for anything more than when you decide to throw the ball, you feel justified in any action you take. Whether its smoking weed, giving fans the finger or dog fighting. He said it himself in the 60 minutes interview, he felt untouchable but reality came when the prison doors closed and it was all taken away.

The social effect of dog fighting is still in him I think (and this is just my opinion) from what I've seen it was an exhilaration for him but the opportunity he has now is more important than that feeling he got from dog fighting. This is why he will not make the same mistake twice.

tony
08-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Standing ovation? OK. I am not a football fan, so I don't feel the enthusiasm, but it is apparent that some people also don't see the big deal about what happened and love football more than dogs and are entitled to feel that way.

I'm not going to lie I was very excited when he got on the field but that is because I am a fan and I am happy to see him get a second chance to do something amazing on the field. I think the media blows it up to be something more than what it really is, that a lot of people hate Vick when that is far from the truth.

Tracy
08-30-2009, 10:11 AM
This is why he will not make the same mistake twice.

Like I said, we will see and I hope not.

You know, I feel the same way about TI. So let me relate it to something I do enjoy—hip hop or rap or whatever (don't want my words to be minced). I love his music, but what a dumb fuck for buying guns off the street. He is a millionaire and well socialized and has no reason other than showing out to his friends and proving he is still hood and hasn't sold out and left the homies behind. Go to the Gwinnett Co gun show and buy a legal one for crying out loud. GA makes it so easy to do so.

You want to show out to your homies and show that you are still down? Make them a studio, buy them some cars, get them some pussy. Don't buy illegal guns and don't kill dogs.

Tracy
08-30-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm not going to lie I was very excited when he got on the field but that is because I am a fan and I am happy to see him get a second chance to do something amazing on the field. I think the media blows it up to be something more than what it really is, that a lot of people hate Vick when that is far from the truth.Personally, I don't care what the media blows up. I have a mind of my own and have personally seen some of the dogs and their condition after leaving the facility. I also watched some dog fighting vids and looked up some pics. It's gross what he did.

So, to go along with what you are saying. I have to admit that I was excited to see him go to jail because I am a huge fan of dogs and especially pit bulls :) I am happy to see some of the dogs get a second chance after living such a horrible first part of their life the way they did. Some of those dogs weren't so lucky though.

Sinfix_15
08-30-2009, 12:34 PM
You're not really reading the responses, are you? The more you negatively post about him and the people behind him, the more it shows that you're not for anything positive he does. You're showing that he does NOT deserve a second chance. If I were to look at the database of PETA members, honestly, would I find your name on that list?

It looks like you're just trying to up your post count. You've got enough posts to post in the FOR SALE section, so why are you trying to get more posts? Later, QD.

You're obviously not reading the posts. I see what people are saying and i dont get it. I dont understand how anyone outside of Vick's family members would be so passionate about his forgiveness. Where does PETA have anything to do with this? Why are you the only person talking about it? Vick is a high profile persona, PETA is protesting because thats their media outlet. If they were protesting some slaughter house in Nebraska, nobody would know about it. Vick is on TV, theyre on TV. It's a simple concept. I dont give 2 shits about what PETA does. Fielding critism should be something Vick should accept. Vick is not a victim. He's a guy who had everything and now after serving his time is being given a chance to have everything back. He's the winner here. expecting everyone to be a Vick supporter is insane. I have several dogs, i love my dogs, and i think anyone who would treat animals like that is a piece of shit. Him throwing touchdowns isnt gonna change it. However.... If Vick learned from his mistakes and changes... more power to him. I'm gonna wait to see if that happens and not give him the benefit of the doubt because he stepped on a football field.

The postcount comment is childish, Your argument is the one that lacks logic. Later, SF

Sinfix_15
08-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Personally, I don't care what the media blows up. I have a mind of my own and have personally seen some of the dogs and their condition after leaving the facility. I also watched some dog fighting vids and looked up some pics. It's gross what he did.

So, to go along with what you are saying. I have to admit that I was excited to see him go to jail because I am a huge fan of dogs and especially pit bulls :) I am happy to see some of the dogs get a second chance after living such a horrible first part of their life the way they did. Some of those dogs weren't so lucky though.

theyre just dogs tracy.... you can buy another dog.. can you buy another football team???

thats the way these idiots act. Glad to see atleast 1 other person sees who the real victim is here. Hint #1 - its not the millionare athlete.

quickdodge®
08-30-2009, 03:03 PM
and i think anyone who would treat animals like that is a piece of shit.

All this "holier than thou" bullshit coming from someone of your caliber. Makes you seem legit. You're an admitted (and bragging) street racing. You're just as bad. With what you do, who are you to call out someone else? You place a dog's life higher on a pedestal than a human life? I'm all for being against dog fighting the way Vick treated dogs. But when someone like you steps up to call foul, that makes no sense.

The postcount comment is childish, Your argument is the one that lacks logic.

The "post count" comment is valid because of your posts being invalid. You think it's cool to put innocent lives in danger, yet you say I lack logic? Later, QD.

Sinfix_15
08-30-2009, 03:22 PM
All this "holier than thou" bullshit coming from someone of your caliber. Makes you seem legit. You're an admitted (and bragging) street racing. You're just as bad. With what you do, who are you to call out someone else? You place a dog's life higher on a pedestal than a human life? I'm all for being against dog fighting the way Vick treated dogs. But when someone like you steps up to call foul, that makes no sense.

The "post count" comment is valid because of your posts being invalid. You think it's cool to put innocent lives in danger, yet you say I lack logic? Later, QD.

speaching of "holier than thou". Yeah, ive done careless things and been fortunate enough to have not had anything bad happen. There's a difference in being careless and deliberately doing something malicious. When myself or anyone elses speeds on a public road, we're not doing it because we want to harm anyone else. It's a careless act, i acknowledge that and recognize my faults. I'm fortunate enough to have never harmed another person and theres a big difference in me and Vick. Question is, who are you to judge me? Being a forum moderator is not a social status guy.
Later, SF.

JDM onlyy
08-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Vick coming back to the NFL is perfectly acceptable. He paid his dues and should be able to return to paying taxes and making a living. Which in this case is football. I dont agree with protesting him, outside of maybe an animal organization or something..

Vick should not be celebrated or rewarded for doing his time in jail. This fucking idiot above me giving the 2 cent speach about treating athletes like people... I am... No other people get standing ovations when they leave prison. Neither should Vick.

No one gave him a standing ovation for coming out of prison. They gave him a standing ovation because a great football player came back to the game. And it just so happens, they were at a football game.... :screwy:

Why wouldn't you give a great football player a standing ovation when he comes back to a FOOTBALL GAME...

No one was standing outside of prison giving him a standing ovation. You stupid fucktard.

Tracy
08-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Can't ANYONE have a discussion without name calling? I am so sick of it. Calling someone a fucktard doesn't make your point more valid. If anything it takes away form your intelligence.

And SF, just so you know the "Later, XX" thing is played out as an insult. You are new, so I know yo don't know this, but anyone who has a problem with QD resorts to it and it lost it's effect years ago.

JDM onlyy
08-30-2009, 03:31 PM
theyre just dogs tracy.... you can buy another dog.. can you buy another football team???

thats the way these idiots act. Glad to see atleast 1 other person sees who the real victim is here. Hint #1 - its not the millionare athlete.

No one said he was the victim, but yeah to be honest I was glad he went to jail for that horrible stuff he did to those dogs too but he did his time and paid his debt to society. But like I said before, we're not celebrating his coming out of jail, everyone is just happy to see a good player doing what he does best. Do I like him as a person? No. Do I like him as a football player? Yes. And seeing him play football again is great.

And you're still a fucktard. :chuckles:

quickdodge®
08-30-2009, 03:32 PM
There's a difference in being careless and deliberately doing something malicious.

You're not much different than Vick. You're engaging in an act that you know could be very harmful to human lives. But you don't care. Who cares if you've been "fortunate?" How about if you are "fortunate" 100 times, but on that 101st time, you do manage to kill someone/s. You know what? That previous 100 times is instantaneously null and voided.

i acknowledge that and recognize my faults.

Yet you doing nothing to change that. That's why it isn't careless. It's deliberate.

theres a big difference in me and Vick.

You're right. Celebrity status is the difference.

Question is, who are you to judge me? Being a forum moderator is not a social status guy.

I'm not posting as a moderator. I'm posting as a member. Who am I to judge you. A better person than you are to judge Vick or his fans. I'm not a walking hypocrite, man.

I was trying to engage you in a civil conversation and you're trying your best to pull all the stops on me. It's not working, but you're trying. And for what? So you can have your opportunity to mock my tag line? Like no one has ever done that before. Later, QD.

JDM onlyy
08-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Can't ANYONE have a discussion without name calling? I am so sick of it. Calling someone a fucktard doesn't make your point more valid. If anything it takes away form your intelligence.

And SF, just so you know the "Later, XX" thing is played out as an insult. You are new, so I know yo don't know this, but anyone who has a problem with QD resorts to it and it lost it's effect years ago.

Sorry but his ignorance just pisses me off greatly. Felt the need to throw it in there. Not sorry that I did neither.

quickdodge®
08-30-2009, 03:34 PM

Agreed on all counts. Tracy, you know my hatred for people who "street race" yet I've remained calm when bringing that up and left out name calling. Yet this dude is so out of touch with everything Vick-related, he can't really see things for how they are. Later, QD.

BABY J
SinFix what you are saying is that you are better than some1 (Vick) - you just don't realize it. Your "bad judgement call" is somehow not as bad as his (in yoru mind). I "like" dogs - that's just about it. When I date some1 who lets a DOG on their bed - game over. A dog belongs on the floor - or in it's doggy bed. There is on "so far" an animal that cleans itself w/ it's own tongue can go w/ me. My BED is where I (or humans) sleep. Kudos to animal lovers, but they are still animals in my eyes. Do I know better than to fight them for pleasure, sure. Do I have more respect for animals than to do what Vick did - sure. But at the end of the day, if you talk to some1 who has lost a loved one or badly injured a loved one to some tard who wants to admittedly blow by a cop going 130 - 140mph YOU would be the low-life. You are not better than Vick no matter what YOU think in your head to the contrary. But he is not better than you either -- that's all I am trying to get you to see man.

The only diff between you and Vick is that he got caught and paid a hefty price. And had you hit some Ferrari w/ your unregistered uninsured sooper dooper racing machine you would be singing a different tune. Hell, in fact... had you not even got pulled over you would not have even envisioned how much of a super dork you were. You only "realized" it b/c you got the break of your life... it took that happening for you to go "wow - I was THIS CLOSE to really fucking up."

To guys like us (yes I streetrace too) I think "I can drive better than any1 I will pass on the road today. Not only that, I can handle my car better at 130mph than average Joe's can handle theirs at 50mph." Not only do I think that, I BELIEVE it. Streetracing will NEVER be "real" to me as a dangerous thing until something bad happens. When I hear stories of people dying b/c of it, I always can find "the part where they did it wrong" or "the mistake that they made that I wouldn't have." That's a slick slope.

Take a guy from the hood who grew up fighting dogs as "normal" behavior and you MAY be able to .. even if JUST for a billionth of a second say "hey - he was just a dork whose 'fun' hurt other people or other beings... JUST like streetracing can." Good luck kid.

quickdodge®
Once we get into the name calling, the thread gets shut down.

Now I'm posting as a moderator. Later, QD.

Tracy
08-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Sorry but his ignorance just pisses me off greatly. Felt the need to throw it in there. Not sorry that I did neither.No one asked you to be sorry. Ignorance pisses me off everyday. I'm just telling you that decent debates get ruined by name calling. He is entitled to his opinion just as well as you are. How can I get your point (which might be a great one) if I can't get past the fact that you have to use name calling to make it? All I'm saying is you are diluting your message by name calling. Of course, just my thoughts on it.

Sinfix_15
08-30-2009, 03:37 PM
You're not much different than Vick. You're engaging in an act that you know could be very harmful to human lives. But you don't care. Who cares if you've been "fortunate?" How about if you are "fortunate" 100 times, but on that 101st time, you do manage to kill someone/s. You know what? That previous 100 times is instantaneously null and voided.

Yet you doing nothing to change that. That's why it isn't careless. It's deliberate.

You're right. Celebrity status is the difference.

I'm not posting as a moderator. I'm posting as a member. Who am I to judge you. A better person than you are to judge Vick or his fans. I'm not a walking hypocrite, man.

I was trying to engage you in a civil conversation and you're trying your best to pull all the stops on me. It's not working, but you're trying. And for what? So you can have your opportunity to mock my tag line? Like no one has ever done that before. Later, QD.

In my thread that you researched to have ammo against me, you obviously didnt take note to the fact that i said i wasnt interested in street racing anymore.

I wouldnt cheer for Vick. Its that simple, theres nothing to argue about.

quickdodge®
08-30-2009, 03:38 PM
He is entitled to his opinion just as well as you are.

Exactly. I may not like the dude's choices in life, but he is still entitled to talk hi feelings. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
08-30-2009, 03:39 PM
In my thread that you researched to have ammo against me, you obviously didnt take note to the fact that i said i wasnt interested in street racing anymore.

I wouldnt cheer for Vick. Its that simple, theres nothing to argue about.

I didn't research any thread.

And I wasn't "arguing" about you cheering Vick. I was "arguing" your "points." Later, QD.

Tracy
08-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Exactly. I may not like the dude's choices in life, but he is still entitled to talk hi feelings. Later, QD.I just don't get why everyone is so self righteous. Of course everyone feels strongly about their own opinions. Duh. I often use analogies of my experience to weigh an argument. Then I try as hard as I can to see all sides and even try to put myself in others shoes. I have been known to change my mind based on a good logical argument. I realize that sometimes another person may have some insight to add that I can learn from. Maybe it has to do with being old. Iono :) BUT I can't see your point if you make yourself look dumb by resorting to name calling. To me it just shows YOUR ignorance (not yours as in QD) on how to have an intelligent discussion and makes me think I shouldn't even listen to you.

Either way, since the whole Vick thing has happened I have thought a lot about it. I can go with "he was raised not thinking it was wrong". I think he should be able to have a job. I do not, however, think he would have ever stopped if he didn't get caught and I think he should have known it was wrong in our society. Then again, what's done is done. Only the future will tell what he does now that he has paid his dues.

quickdodge®
08-30-2009, 03:47 PM
I just don't get why everyone is so self righteous.

There is self righteous feelings and then there is just wrong. "Street racing" falls in the latter.

But that's for a whole different subject matter. Later, QD.

Tracy
08-30-2009, 03:49 PM
There is self righteous feelings and then there is just wrong. "Street racing" falls in the latter.

But that's for a whole different subject matter. Later, QD.I read ya. LOL. I know your stance. We been playing this game a long time together. Street racing is for another thread.

I could go on to say that dog fighting is just wrong—but I won't, even though I just did :D

JDM onlyy
08-31-2009, 06:52 PM
No one asked you to be sorry. Ignorance pisses me off everyday. I'm just telling you that decent debates get ruined by name calling. He is entitled to his opinion just as well as you are. How can I get your point (which might be a great one) if I can't get past the fact that you have to use name calling to make it? All I'm saying is you are diluting your message by name calling. Of course, just my thoughts on it.

I understand what you're saying. And it does make sense. I shouldn't have call him any names but I guess I wasn't thinking at the time. Its just, give the guy a break. I mean I know he did wrong but does he really have to suffer from it all his life? I mean thats one of the problems that people have. Learn to forgive and forget. I'm pretty sure he's sorry he did it.

Spectic Tank
08-31-2009, 09:13 PM
I really couldn't care less about what he did to get put in jail. What pisses me off is the way he treated the Falcons organization and their fans. Lazy, last to show up for practice and first to leave. Irresponsible enough to get locked up for something as dumb as dog fighting when you were basically given the franchise by Arthur Blank. He let down his teammates, coaches, and fans for something so trivial. It truly was a waste. Hopefully, he's learned from all of that. I think the Falcons have, and we're much better off without him.

Tracy
09-01-2009, 07:44 AM
word

VIP Style
09-01-2009, 09:32 AM
what do you mean how vick treated the fans? I met him before, and he was pretty cool and respectful towards me. LOL at the lazy comment, how do you know he was the first to leave and last to show? were you following him everyday?
I really couldn't care less about what he did to get put in jail. What pisses me off is the way he treated the Falcons organization and their fans. Lazy, last to show up for practice and first to leave. Irresponsible enough to get locked up for something as dumb as dog fighting when you were basically given the franchise by Arthur Blank. He let down his teammates, coaches, and fans for something so trivial. It truly was a waste. Hopefully, he's learned from all of that. I think the Falcons have, and we're much better off without him.

Tracy
09-01-2009, 10:33 AM
what do you mean how vick treated the fans? I met him before, and he was pretty cool and respectful towards me. LOL at the lazy comment, how do you know he was the first to leave and last to show? were you following him everyday?It was reported in the news and IIRC I think there was a comment from the team owner on it.

He has also been known to flick off the fans and I believe he was fined for it.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/10419514/detail.html

quickdodge®
09-01-2009, 10:34 AM
what do you mean how vick treated the fans?

He may be referring to when Vick fired off the middle fingers to fans a few times after games....at home.

LOL at the lazy comment, how do you know he was the first to leave and last to show? were you following him everyday?

That's widely been reported throughout his time with the Falcons. Teammates and all said that about him. Later, QD.

Spectic Tank
09-01-2009, 11:27 AM
what do you mean how vick treated the fans? I met him before, and he was pretty cool and respectful towards me. LOL at the lazy comment, how do you know he was the first to leave and last to show? were you following him everyday?

He obviously didn't care about the fans, or the franchise, if he put himself in a situation where he could end up in a federal penitentiary(the 07 season wasn't very fun for fans). Apparently getting your rocks off fighting dogs is more important than your job. Not to mention the one finger salute...

How do I know? Because I watched the 60 minutes interview, where...wait for it...HE SAID IT HIMSELF! LOL @ you!

SoLJames95
09-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Well on a side note.... My girlfriend works at Buffalo Wild Wings and they wont them wear Vick tshirts or jerseys on gamedays. The exact words is we do not want to upset the customers because of what he did. NOW THATS JUST OBSURD!!!! They say it could amosity and stirups between customers at the bar and result in casualties.... < I added the casualties part. LOL, but you get what the manager/company is saying.

Tracy
09-01-2009, 12:54 PM
He obviously didn't care about the fans, or the franchise, if he put himself in a situation where he could end up in a federal penitentiary(the 07 season wasn't very fun for fans). Apparently getting your rocks off fighting dogs is more important than your job. Not to mention the one finger salute...

How do I know? Because I watched the 60 minutes interview, where...wait for it...HE SAID IT HIMSELF! LOL @ you!

Totally forgot about that. Yea he did. http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5245553n