PDA

View Full Version : H22 Prelude won't start!!! HELP!!!

IMPORTchic
08-26-2009, 01:57 PM
So gotta make this short and sweet. I am sittin at the school trying to get someone to help me out. My car has been acting up the past few months in the sense of when I accelerate it has some loss of power, and then when I slow down below like 10mph it makes a clinging, bogging down noise. My car is all stock pretty much, just fujita intake. The timing belt was changed like 40k ago and everything else has been maintanenced like usual with no problems besides this. I took it to Honda a few weeks ago and they couldnt even figure it out with the time allotted that day. THere has been no codes thrown or anything. Well the problem got WAY worse last night as I cranked up my car to head home. It sort of sounded like a carborated vehicle like when the choke is not high enough and it boggs down and dies. It done that twice, and then finally the third time stayed on. Well I drove home no issues. Got in the car this morning and heaed to school and it done the same thing, except a lil worse. I didnt have time to stop and think about it. I just went on. Well.....last straw, I was trying to leave school earlier and it done it again except this time it made a small POP noise and then woudlnt crank at all after that. The starter is fine, and the alternator is fine, so that leaves us wondering if the time is off? If the engine locked? If the transmission is gone? OR if something having to do with the fuel pump is out which could explain loss of powerish, and better MPG. lol. We are going to try and manually crank it in neutral here in a few when the guys get here with the tools. Hopefully that will work and throw out the chance of it being locked. *crosses fingers* It is an Automatic also BTW.

THanks in advance for any help.

PURP
08-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Good luck with it. I hope you can get it to start back up and figure out the issue/issues.

IMPORTchic
08-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Good luck with it. I hope you can get it to start back up and figure out the issue/issues.

THanks. :yes: Meeeeeeeee too!

I might just end up getting a new car if the problem is bad enough. So what else better to do with my free time then to search cars for sale. :rolleyes: lol

PURP
08-26-2009, 02:05 PM
THanks. :yes: Meeeeeeeee too!

I might just end up getting a new car if the problem is bad enough. So what else better to do with my free time then to search cars for sale. :rolleyes: lol

Well, if you get a new car I'd like to buy the lude, maybe.

blue_lude_91
08-26-2009, 02:06 PM
dammit now who can buy my hood!
are you on prelude power? i can post this up for you if you want and see if anyone can help

X-Runner
08-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Sounds like what my civic did as the engine slowly locked down...

IMPORTchic
08-26-2009, 02:10 PM
dammit now who can buy my hood!
are you on prelude power? i can post this up for you if you want and see if anyone can help

Please do! and then send me the link! :D

Sounds like what my civic did as the engine slowly locked down...

Dont tell me that. :(

IMPORTchic
08-26-2009, 02:38 PM
BUMP

blue_lude_91
08-26-2009, 03:13 PM
here ya go lady:
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2267140#post2267140

IMPORTchic
08-26-2009, 03:32 PM
Gracias. Got car at the running. Details later. Gotta run to class. Heading to Honda tomm hopefully to let them look at it, possibly do a valve adjustment, and then get a new battery. :ninja:

......FML :lmfao:

nailbender
08-26-2009, 04:19 PM
great !! glad you got it back running....nothing sadder than a lude with weeds growing out from under the hood