PDA

View Full Version : LET'S SEE HOW MANY OF YOU CAN BE HONEST.....

BobbyFresco
08-26-2009, 10:34 AM
The idea of this thread came to me after reading the responses in the " Bathroom Attendant" thread...

How many of you are self proclaimed cheap asses that will not tip bartenders, servers, valets, bellboys, strippers, or anyone else that works in a job where tips are encouraged?

If you'd like to list your reasons for not tipping then please elaborate.

Humphrizzle
08-26-2009, 10:35 AM
i deliver pizzas.. i live off of tips sometimes..

I dont remember the last time i didnt tip 40% or more.

Sammich
08-26-2009, 10:36 AM
i'm doing way better..i use to do 10% religiously..now i'm doing better w/ it...i generally do $4-5 at least..BUT...i'm no baller so they arent gettin no big boy tips yet

oneSLOWex
I tip everyone EXCEPT bathroom attendants...I hold my own junk to piss and i wash my own hands...untill that changes they get nothing from me :D

quickdodge®
I don't go anywhere that uses bartenders, valets, bellboys or strippers so I'm good.

I leave a deserving tip for restaurant servers/waitresses. Bad service equals bad/no tip. It's all up to the server/waitress. Later, QD.

DownSouthGB
08-26-2009, 10:37 AM
If they fuck with my food and I notice or if they're being major assholes. But now and days a lot of restaurants have good service so I don't complain about it.

BobbyFresco
Poll added.

Captain-Obvious™
Only people I don't tip are fuckin' sonic car hops. I mean they don't even wait on me. All they do is walk out and hand me a bag of food.

Kasper
08-26-2009, 10:39 AM
i ALWAYS tip my bartenders. i dont do strip clubs but IF i did and she was hot id tip her. i always tip my bellboys. but mainly they get there cut anyway cause when you take a cruise your required to do it. and servers always get paid unless they were really shitty. not like haveing an off day shitty. but stuck up bein all pissy with you for no reason shitty.. then they get up upside down penny.

oneSLOWex
08-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Only people I don't tip are fuckin' sonic car hops. I mean they don't even wait on me. All they do is walk out and hand me a bag of food.

They make enough there to not worry about tips anyways

Nemesis
08-26-2009, 10:41 AM
I usually always tip, but the problem is I rarely carry cash, luckily my girlfriend has a few bills with her. Does that count? lol

Pizza guys I usually tip a few bucks. I try to never let anyone valet my car. Bartenders? I guess i would, but im not a bar guy. I always tip 15 percent on meals in restauraunts, more if the service was exceptional.

Captain-Obvious™
08-26-2009, 10:42 AM

But they always stand and look at me like I'm gonna give them extra money. And I'm like "Was there anything else?"

BobbyFresco

I wouldnt call minimum wage enough....

AnthonyF
I over tip most times. Why isn't that an option?

If the waiter/waitress did their job with some personality, they will generally get more than expected.

I don't go to bars nor will I let anyone touch my vehicles. I don't care if they just pulled a Ferrari around. Don't attend strip clubs either.

-Ant.

BobbyFresco
08-26-2009, 10:45 AM
I tend to tip more than the norm, to be honest...
Call me a sucker, but I tip almost everyone that works a job where the money they make depends on being tipped...Maybe I'm too nice but at the end of the day, those ppl, regardless of whether they are working a job you respect or not, are busting their ass to make ends meet just like the rest of us.

Humphrizzle
08-26-2009, 10:47 AM

exactly!

I was actually supposed to start working there as a carhop like 6 months ago. I finished the interview, they told me the pay rate. it was 2.14/hour.

They expected me to work for 2.14 an hour and I was not aware the people at sonic were supposed to be tipped. I would have never thought of that as being a reason to pay someone.

Elbow
08-26-2009, 10:50 AM
I over tip anyone that can receive tips.

oneSLOWex
08-26-2009, 10:51 AM
exactly!

I was actually supposed to start working there as a carhop like 6 months ago. I finished the interview, they told me the pay rate. it was 2.14/hour.

They expected me to work for 2.14 an hour and I was not aware the people at sonic were supposed to be tipped. I would have never thought of that as being a reason to pay someone.

the sonic here pays a little above minimum wage and they took the tip line off the credit card slip

Dracc
08-26-2009, 10:51 AM
I don't go anywhere that uses bartenders, valets, bellboys or strippers so I'm good.

I leave a deserving tip for restaurant servers/waitresses. Bad service equals bad/no tip. It's all up to the server/waitress. Later, QD.

I go out with the mind set to tip rather well, take for an example my girl and I went to PF changs last night, Expensive place. The waitress was really nice. our food drinks and desert (well my drinks because she's still pregnant) rounded out to be 64 and some change.. I paid with four 20's and left the change.. She was really nice plus the guy she was waiting on behind us was an ass to her because he didnt like what HE ordered... if I'm feeling generous I'll tip but if your an ass to me or act like you dont want to be at work I'll say something like thanks and walk away

NEMO
08-26-2009, 10:54 AM
when i go out to eat most the time i tip $5. if im at a bar and the bartender takes care of me i take care of him/her. even at the club i give the bathroom atten. $1 everytime i go in there

oneSLOWex
08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
I had a waitress spill a drink on me one time...didnt say she was sorry just walked off and took 20 minutes to get back with a towel. Then has the nerve to walk outside as I was leaving asking what was wrong with her service...I was like....the drink in my lap....you not saying sorry....the fuck is wrong with you?

NEMO
08-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I go out with the mind set to tip rather well, take for an example my girl and I went to PF changs last night, Expensive place. The waitress was really nice. our food drinks and desert (well my drinks because she's still pregnant) rounded out to be 64 and some change.. I paid with four 20's and left the change.. She was really nice plus the guy she was waiting on behind us was an ass to her because he didnt like what HE ordered... if I'm feeling generous I'll tip but if your an ass to me or act like you dont want to be at work I'll say something like thanks and walk awayi still tip them pretty good but give it to them in person and say not everyone will do this with the way you treated us tonight and then walk away

BobbyFresco
08-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I can understand not tipping at Sonics but I also wasn't aware that they only made the server minimum wage...that's insane...

My question to those who refuse to tip is....why seek out a service and expect the service to be quality if you don't feel the need to tip?

Kevykev
08-26-2009, 11:00 AM
I always tip, but i was in a situation several times.

Tip bathroom attendant, damn drank too much, gotta go back...do I tip every time??

Naaah Beee Naaaah!

mocha latte cupcake
08-26-2009, 11:01 AM
BARTENDER - not gettin tipped every drink i get, you're doing the same basic chit. vodka redbull. you already charged me $4 for 1 drink. and didn't use half the damn can of redbull, so now i gotta pay you to open ANOTHER can. whatever bro, i can make X3 as many at home for 1/2 the price in the long run. they get 5-8 bucks up front for my next 3 drinks.

it takes less than a minute.

servers - always get tipped well, as long as they do a good job, ie, i asked for a coke and got a coke, i asked for medium well got medium well. they get 20% everytime even with bad service but great service is rewarded 30-50% depending on bill.

valet - never going to use it. i can park my own car just fine. :D

bellboy - if i got 1 bag and its not that heavy :lmfao: like a few bucks... if my woman brought half the damn wardrobe and house i'll spot you decent cash $20 or so.

strippers - :lmfao: why the hell am i even in a strip club? am i unable to pull ass myself? can i not have enough game to see tits on my own? why am i paying for blue balls again?! :lmfao:

ATLSRT8
08-26-2009, 11:02 AM
I tip anyone that offers me a service that I can't do for myself

quickdodge®
.why seek out a service and expect the service to be quality if you don't feel the need to tip?

In a customer service environment, quality of service is EVERYTHING. No matter the tip. Later, QD.

AnthonyF
I had a waitress spill a drink on me one time...didnt say she was sorry just walked off and took 20 minutes to get back with a towel. Then has the nerve to walk outside as I was leaving asking what was wrong with her service...I was like....the drink in my lap....you not saying sorry....the fuck is wrong with you?

SAME THING happened to me at taco mac in Lawrenceville. She spilled sweet tea all over me, took forever to come back and I didn't get another drink for awhile. I think, if shit like that happens, the food should be comped. Then the manager came over, knowing she just spilled shit on me and asked if everything was ok? :lmfao::2up:

-Ant.

BobbyFresco
08-26-2009, 11:05 AM
In a customer service environment, quality of service is EVERYTHING. No matter the tip. Later, QD.

I understand that however, most of us know the drill when we go out for meals at a full service restaurant...

How can one demand or expect excellent service when you are not willing to compensate the giver of said service for their hard work?

oneSLOWex
08-26-2009, 11:09 AM
SAME THING happened to me at taco mac in Lawrenceville. She spilled sweet tea all over me, took forever to come back and I didn't get another drink for awhile. I think, if shit like that happens, the food should be comped. Then the manager came over, knowing she just spilled shit on me and asked if everything was ok? :lmfao::2up:

-Ant.

I had a chunk of glass in the bottom of my beer glass once at Hooters...ALMOST drank it. I called the waitress over....showed her....she freaked out and got the manager...."uhhh...im really sorry about that...it happens sometimes when the dishwashers slam glasses together."

I said...So since I almost drank a piece of glass I get my food free right? He said "no sorry I cant do that..." I was like....dont expect to see me or any of the other 12 people I have with me in here ever again. He just walked off....i was like :thinking:

quickdodge®
08-26-2009, 11:13 AM
How can one demand or expect excellent service when you are not willing to compensate the giver of said service for their hard work?

I'm not a non-tipper, but I'm not a $5 tipper, either. I pay $20 for a meal/s and I tip about $2-3. I typically stay in the 10% bracket. I'm not rich. I don't eat out at restaurants like that but maybe 2-3 times a year.

But I do believe that, tip or no tip, you should always provide the most excellent service that you can because it is, in fact, your job. If the diner doesn't tip, that sucks, but that's the nature of the business that YOU (the server) chose to get involved in. If you don't like your pay, find a job that pays what you do like.

Bottom line, to me, is there is no questioning when (or under what circumstances) should it be ok to demand excellent service. It's always ok. Later, QD.

Humphrizzle
08-26-2009, 11:14 AM
if i have bad enough service.. i will get what i want. or i'll have someone fired.

oneSLOWex
08-26-2009, 11:15 AM
I understand that however, most of us know the drill when we go out for meals at a full service restaurant...

I have a couple friends who dont tip or just leave like a dollar on like a $20 ticket. Its so embarrassing so I make sure and leave them extra to cover for cheap asses.

PURP
08-26-2009, 11:16 AM
As a person that works a job earning tips, I tip when I see fit. I will not tip someone to dry my hands tho after I piss. I can do that myself. I don't tip strippers, because I see no use in going to look at a cracked up hood rat that has 10 kids and a stomach to prove it. I will tip for my beer. I will tip for my pizza, I will tip for amazing service at any sit down diner. But I will not tip a bathroom attendant nor a stripper.

BKgen®
08-26-2009, 11:19 AM
I don't carry cash, so unless the bathroom attendant has a built-in Debit Card scanner, he's shit outta luck.

BobbyFresco
08-26-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm not a non-tipper, but I'm not a $5 tipper, either. I pay $20 for a meal/s and I tip about $2-3. I typically stay in the 10% bracket. I'm not rich. I don't eat out at restaurants like that but maybe 2-3 times a year.

But I do believe that, tip or no tip, you should always provide the most excellent service that you can because it is, in fact, your job. If the diner doesn't tip, that sucks, but that's the nature of the business that YOU (the server) chose to get involved in. If you don't like your pay, find a job that pays what you do like.

Bottom line, to me, is there is no questioning when (or under what circumstances) should it be ok to demand excellent service. It's always ok. Later, QD.

I agree with most of your stance on the issue however...

Conversely, for the sake of playing devil's advocate, most adults eat out on at the very least, a semi regular basis...that being said, you know that the server relies on tips to make ends meet. You may or may not know the server gets paid $2.13 an hour so you operate on the assumption that they make minimum wage, which is hardly anything at all....Knowing these facts and knowing that most servers work hard to make sure that your meal is enjoyable, why would one not want to compensate accordingly?

Additionally, the argument could be made that if you do not feel tipping is something you should do (and when I say you, I'm not speaking of you specifically) then perhaps you shouldn't patronize establishments where tipping is someone's means of living.

BobbyFresco
08-26-2009, 11:26 AM
I have a couple friends who dont tip or just leave like a dollar on like a $20 ticket. Its so embarrassing so I make sure and leave them extra to cover for cheap asses.

Reps.
I find myself doing the same thing.
I have worked service industry jobs in the past so I can say that I know what it's like to work your ass off for people who think your job is a joke.

quickdodge®
08-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Knowing these facts and knowing that most servers work hard to make sure that your meal is enjoyable, why would one not want to compensate accordingly?

I don't disagree with this at all. I think that those folks are less than respectable when it comes to the restaurant scene. And it really sucks for the servers, but....

then perhaps you shouldn't patronize establishements where tipping is someone's means of living.

That shouldn't stop good service.

We're in agreement on the initial question, dude, lolol. Later, QD.

oneSLOWex
08-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Reps.
I find myself doing the same thing.
I have worked service industry jobs in the past so I can say that I know what it's like to work your ass off for people who think your job is a joke.

I have never been one to not tip or tip shitty...but dating a few chicks who work in this type of place you will learn just how bad some people really are.

Captain-Obvious™
08-26-2009, 11:28 AM
exactly!

That's how it is here. I feel sorry for them, but not sorry enough to tip them for the little work that they do.

antiv6
08-26-2009, 11:30 AM
i tip for everything but bathroom attendants, even the people at sonic get my money.

PhatbacK
08-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Dont forget to add THE PEOPLE THAT CUT YOUR HAIR! I am a barber and I am so suprised how many guys don't tip

AirMax95
08-26-2009, 11:49 AM
I can understand not tipping at Sonics but I also wasn't aware that they only made the server minimum wage...that's insane...

My question to those who refuse to tip is....why seek out a service and expect the service to be quality if you don't feel the need to tip?

I agree with most of your stance on the issue however...

Conversely, for the sake of playing devil's advocate, most adults eat out on at the very least, a semi regular basis...that being said, you know that the server relies on tips to make ends meet. You may or may not know the server gets paid $2.13 an hour so you operate on the assumption that they make minimum wage, which is hardly anything at all....Knowing these facts and knowing that most servers work hard to make sure that your meal is enjoyable, why would one not want to compensate accordingly?

Additionally, the argument could be made that if you do not feel tipping is something you should do (and when I say you, I'm not speaking of you specifically) then perhaps you shouldn't patronize establishments where tipping is someone's means of living.

What they said.....

I tip when I feel like it (97% of the time), but I should still get good customer service due to it being a service oriented job, whether I tip or not. Yet it is dumb for an establishment to expect someone to live 80% off tips. That is probably why I never wanted to be a waiter.

thecrazyone
08-26-2009, 11:51 AM

x2

BobbyFresco
08-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Dont forget to add THE PEOPLE THAT CUT YOUR HAIR! I am a barber and I am so suprised how many guys don't tip

LOL..Sorry..forgot about you guys..

I don't get haircuts because I shave my head but I do get my brows waxed, no homo, so I tip...So for instance, the charge for my waxing is 10 bucks and I usually tip 3 or 4 bucks and 5 when she is friendly.

PhatbacK
08-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Yea guys are pretty bad sometimes. And I love how some guys thinking tipping $1 on a 16 dollar haircut is making my day. get the F outta here. Now if they are old ment aht is fine cause they are old school. But I am so tired of this guys coming in here with this shaggy wanna be abercrombie and fitch haircuts and are SOOOOO high maintance and then dont tip. Its pretty bad when some men are worse than women when it comes to getting their hair done!!

I have even had a guy ask me if I could flat iron his hair for him!!!! F A G

oneSLOWex
08-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Yea guys are pretty bad sometimes. And I love how some guys thinking tipping $1 on a 16 dollar haircut is making my day. get the F outta here. Now if they are old ment aht is fine cause they are old school. But I am so tired of this guys coming in here with this shaggy wanna be abercrombie and fitch haircuts and are SOOOOO high maintance and then dont tip. Its pretty bad when some men are worse than women when it comes to getting their hair done!!

I get cheap ass hair cuts cause im pretty simple LOL....I tip unless the bish gaps me up

ultm8mind
08-26-2009, 12:20 PM
I don't like tipping the bathroom attendant guy, why is he even in there? I could see if the place was upscale but these guys have set up shop anywhere there is room. By the time you leave a club you gotta tip this person, that person, and then some guy in the bathroom? I mean come on, in some shitty hang out? They should only be in the "upper crust" type places. WHo knows how legit they are anyways.....

ultm8mind
08-26-2009, 12:22 PM

Aren't you getting paid from the haircut itself? You want $100 tip for a $16 haircut? Maybe $1 is cheap, should just leave a 20, but don't complain. LOL. Not everyone is in a job that's deemed tip worthy....

PhatbacK
08-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Aren't you getting paid from the haircut itself? You want $100 tip for a $16 haircut? Maybe $1 is cheap, should just leave a 20, but don't complain. LOL. Not everyone is in a job that's deemed tip worthy....

I get paid hourly Im not commision so I get nothing from the haircut. But Im physically doing to the job and you see my cutting your hair and if you sit there and rant and rave how great it is and then tip me a $1 and then go hope in your 2009 750li and drive home to your mansion...then wth. Im not saying everyone should tip 20bux. But I think if I do a good job and you know it then you can tip better than $1

So your telling me that you don't think barbers and cosmetologist are deemed as people who deserve tips?

Buttons
08-26-2009, 01:06 PM
I was on a date with some guy. and I went to the bathroom. The waiter apologize to my date for having to eat alone. Later the waiter came with our food. we had ate for awhile and was about half way done. the waiter asked "is the food okay?" and we said, "yes, it's good." he then said "no spit or hair or anything in there?" .. we literally dropped our silverware at that moment like WTF. he did something else, forgot what, that was also disturbing, and he never brought us anything when we asked. We ended up giving him either no tip or a very SMALL tip.

i tip usually very good. at least 20%, however bad services =no tip or small tip.

lanning
08-26-2009, 01:07 PM
fawk i didnt read it all before i voted, i tip everybody but the folks in the potty

Buttons
08-26-2009, 01:10 PM
I get paid hourly Im not commision so I get nothing from the haircut. But Im physically doing to the job and you see my cutting your hair and if you sit there and rant and rave how great it is and then tip me a $1 and then go hope in your 2009 750li and drive home to your mansion...then wth. Im not saying everyone should tip 20bux. But I think if I do a good job and you know it then you can tip better than $1

So your telling me that you don't think barbers and cosmetologist are deemed as people who deserve tips?

don't rant & rave about what he drives & what house he owns. everyone knows the richest people are the cheapest people. real rich people can tip and will tip.

Catnip
08-26-2009, 01:12 PM
The only place I generally go that would require a tip would be a restaurant. Fuck tipping at Sonic. If I like the server I'll generally tip around 20% give or take.

ScrapMetalDSM
08-26-2009, 01:29 PM
I as well deliver pizzas, and because of that, I always tip at least 5 dollars at restaurants, more if i got drinks, etc and the bill is high. I tip my hair cutter person 6 bucks because the bill is 14 and I just give a 20 and say keep it. They are grateful for that.

As a pizza delivery driver, let me tell you we DO NOT get the delivery charge that is put on your bill. Well technically we get 15 cents out of the 2 bucks. I got 95 cents per delivery before gas shot up, and now I get 1.10 after the instituted the delivery charge. That is supposed to pay for wear and tear AND gas and mileage. We like to see a minimum of 3 dollars tip on a delivery, and at least 10 percent on order above 30 dollars. and if you are far away form your store in which you get delivery, please tip more because it takes us much longer to get there and back. I HATE it when I delivery to a person 15 minutes away one way for a 2 dollar tip or less. That's 30 minutes of my shift taken away for one delivery and a measly 2 dollars. Also, if you order on the web and leave a shitty tip online, more than likely your order will be taken with 1 or 2 other orders and yours will go last, because those that tip better on an online tip, are obviously going to get their pizza first.

AirMax95
08-26-2009, 02:00 PM
real rich people can tip and will tip.

So not true. Whether or not someone tips is based on their ability to, but more so thier will to. That is determined by your personality.

1SICKLEX
08-26-2009, 02:06 PM
I tip depending on service and I write compliments or remarks on the ticket. I commend great service to managers and even call corporate.

I would say 20% average for good service and even 40% depending if you kick ass.

Also I look for the same people that served me. They take care of me, I take care of them.

I don't go out to eat with people that don't tip.

tandem
08-26-2009, 02:09 PM
I try to tip when I have the money.
I know being a waiter/waitress isn't a good job, or have a good pay.

Buttons
08-26-2009, 02:55 PM
So not true. Whether or not someone tips is based on their ability to, but more so thier will to. That is determined by your personality.

i said real rich people. not people who think they have money & flash it around.

AirMax95
08-26-2009, 03:03 PM
i said real rich people. not people who think they have money & flash it around.

Trust me, real rich or fake rich, long wealth or new money.....it's in your personality. I know someone of every income classification and they will even tell you it is in your personality first. I know broke people who tip and I know 7-figure people who are stingy as hell!

Atlblkz06
08-26-2009, 03:05 PM
I think tipping is based on an understanding of the profession AND personality.

I will admit, I used to tip 15-20% before I knew what went into waiting. These days its between 20 and 35%. If you cant "afford" to tip well: skip the diet coke and put that $2 towards tips. You make a healthy choice and helped someone pay the bills.

Haircuts are EXPENSIVE. 15 bucks for a mediocre haircut (shave with a #2 + neck shave) is a lot for something that requires no skill (I do it myself these days).
Here's the best part about haircuts - they screw it up...wth! They leave fuzzies all over the place, and I have to go home and clean it up.

I ordered a shake for 2.50 at Chick fil A once and left the rest as tip - her reaction pretty much made my day :)

Atlblkz06
08-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Trust me, real rich or fake rich, long wealth or new money.....it's in your personality. I know someone of every income classification and they will even tell you it is in your personality first. I know broke people who tip and I know 7-figure people who are stingy as hell!

Examples cannot add up to a proof, but I agree with you in essence. I know way too many rich people who tip worse than they umm "should". If I had that kinda money I'd tip 40% everywhere I get a service $40.

AirMax95
08-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Examples cannot add up to a proof, but I agree with you in essence. I know way too many rich people who tip worse than they umm "should". If I had that kinda money I'd tip 40% everywhere I get a service $40.

I shall throw a bowling ball at thy balls :2up:

Of course not all, but you a smart and got my point, lol.

americanctm
08-26-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm a pretty cheap person until it comes to tipping. I've always been a very generous tipper. Just seems that many of them need the money more than i do and i've always had that mindset when tipping.

IntegraXTR
08-26-2009, 04:44 PM

I agree, I tip depending on how the service went, normally 15% unless its a small bill then I would leave a minimum of $5 or more.

BobbyFresco
08-26-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm a pretty cheap person until it comes to tipping. I've always been a very generous tipper. Just seems that many of them need the money more than i do and i've always had that mindset when tipping.

That's not always the case...

I personally waited tables through school and not because I had to but for spending money.

Some ppl do it part time to supplement their income...and then there are those who do it as a career.

Keep in mind, if you were at some of the higher scale restaurants in Atlanta, you have the potential to make just as much as a salaried employee. I had a friend that worked at the Renaissance downtown and she cleared 60k a year, only working 4 days a week.

PhatbacK
08-26-2009, 05:18 PM
don't rant & rave about what he drives & what house he owns. everyone knows the richest people are the cheapest people. real rich people can tip and will tip.

Sometimes yes but not all the time. and Im not ranting and raving about what they have or live...usually they are the ones that tell me this information.

PhatbacK
08-26-2009, 05:19 PM

Yup!

PhatbacK
08-26-2009, 05:22 PM
I think tipping is based on an understanding of the profession AND personality.

I will admit, I used to tip 15-20% before I knew what went into waiting. These days its between 20 and 35%. If you cant "afford" to tip well: skip the diet coke and put that $2 towards tips. You make a healthy choice and helped someone pay the bills.

Haircuts are EXPENSIVE. 15 bucks for a mediocre haircut (shave with a #2 + neck shave) is a lot for something that requires no skill (I do it myself these days).
Here's the best part about haircuts - they screw it up...wth! They leave fuzzies all over the place, and I have to go home and clean it up.

I ordered a shake for 2.50 at Chick fil A once and left the rest as tip - her reaction pretty much made my day :)

OK WOW something that requires no skill? Granted a shaved head isn't hard...but I have had people come into my shop that have attempted that and screwed it up and ask me to fix it. I love when people thinking cutting hair isn't hard or requires "no skill" and then they attempt it themselves and screw up just to come in and have someone fix it.

Vteckidd
08-26-2009, 05:24 PM
i tip 20-30% routinely, sometimes more. I cut my own hair though lol

Phatback i think you were at the XGames movie premiere , swear i saw you there

PhatbacK
08-26-2009, 05:26 PM
I worked at restaurants before I started doing hair and it is the same kinda of customer service except with hair I do everything. Serving you have help from other servers and kitchen cooking your food and what not.

Regardless I think everyone should work in that type of atmosphere for atleast 6 months to have a better appreciation if they don't already. Even if I don't get the best service I still tip because everyone has bad days or isn't performing there best. But if someone is just an out right ass to me for no reason and could care less about my business..then thats a diff. story

PhatbacK
08-26-2009, 05:26 PM

I sure was!!! With MMS right? that movie was sweeeeeet! I had never seen a 3D movie before!

Vteckidd
08-26-2009, 05:28 PM
I sure was!!! With MMS right? that movie was sweeeeeet! I had never seen a 3D movie before!
Yup that was it. That movie theater was badass never even knew it existed.

You looked familiar but i think i heard you after the movie say something like " i wanna go get the STI" so i figured it was you, i was like 5 feet from you, CREEPY I KNOW (I swear im not a stalker)

Vteckidd
08-26-2009, 05:30 PM
I worked at restaurants before I started doing hair and it is the same kinda of customer service except with hair I do everything. Serving you have help from other servers and kitchen cooking your food and what not.

Regardless I think everyone should work in that type of atmosphere for atleast 6 months to have a better appreciation if they don't already. Even if I don't get the best service I still tip because everyone has bad days or isn't performing there best. But if someone is just an out right ass to me for no reason and could care less about my business..then thats a diff. story

My aunt is a stylist, hair cutter, whatever the professional term is. Its def a job i can see where most people dont get tipped. I always tipped like $2 for a normal hair cut back in the day. I thought that was customary. Nowadays i think its totally different.

How much should a girl "tip" for like a $50 hair cut? isnt that what it costs most of the time now haha. Interested

BobbyFresco
08-26-2009, 05:35 PM

Remember that night we all went out to that bar and our server took forever to bring our drinks and I had to run her down for the check?

We tipped her damn well, I believe..
IIRC, I tipped her 20 bucks myself and I think you threw in 10...and that was for 60 bucks worth of drinks.

americanctm
08-26-2009, 05:40 PM
That's not always the case...

I personally waited tables through school and not because I had to but for spending money.

Some ppl do it part time to supplement their income...and then there are those who do it as a career.

Keep in mind, if you were at some of the higher scale restaurants in Atlanta, you have the potential to make just as much as a salaried employee. I had a friend that worked at the Renaissance downtown and she cleared 60k a year, only working 4 days a week.

Yea i'll tip proportionately to the cost of my meal at higher end restaurants because by that time their already about to wipe me clean, but i've always had no problem giving away a little more than usual or what is standard to waiters, barbers, ect.

What really pisses me off though is when i have paid and left a more than generous tip at a restaurant, and later realize on my receipt that they had already charged me a percent on my bill for a tip and they don't even tell you. So i double tipped because of a deceitful practice.

ultm8mind
08-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Ummm, I tip my barber. I said MY, this guy, me, MY job is not deemed "tip worthy."

ultm8mind
08-26-2009, 05:48 PM
...I also tip servers at McDonalds, lol, just kidding....

Echonova
08-26-2009, 05:56 PM
I tip generously, I have worked in the food service industry as a yout, and I know I hate every mother fucker that ever stiffed me to this very day.

The only place I refuse to tip is Starbucks. Maybe I would if I didn't just pay $29.36 for one Mocha Latte half-calf de-calf with a shot of espresso and a twist of lemon made from beans that were grown on the plains of the Serengeti. But come on... you just ran water over some grounded-up coffee beans. Was it really that hard?

PhatbacK
08-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Ummm, I tip my barber. I said MY, this guy, me, MY job is not deemed "tip worthy."

oh ok I won't have to hurt you then. hah jk :goodjob:

PhatbacK
08-26-2009, 06:45 PM
My aunt is a stylist, hair cutter, whatever the professional term is. Its def a job i can see where most people dont get tipped. I always tipped like $2 for a normal hair cut back in the day. I thought that was customary. Nowadays i think its totally different.

How much should a girl "tip" for like a $50 hair cut? isnt that what it costs most of the time now haha. Interested

A girl I use to work with still cuts and colors my hair and only charges me $65 when it should be like $85 and I tip her $25

ItsBlack
08-26-2009, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=quickdodge®

I leave a deserving tip for restaurant servers/waitresses. Bad service equals bad/no tip. It's all up to the server/waitress. Later, QD.[/QUOTE]

this basically. I left a 20 for a teenager once, and 13 cents for a bad waitress in Vegas

PhatbacK
08-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Yup that was it. That movie theater was badass never even knew it existed.

You looked familiar but i think i heard you after the movie say something like " i wanna go get the STI" so i figured it was you, i was like 5 feet from you, CREEPY I KNOW (I swear im not a stalker)

Haha Yea and I wanted to call Travis Pastrana and ask him to be my sponsor!! The only thing I hated about that movie was that Ken Block wasn't in it!!

So did I see you there? Ive met you before..........? I have a horrible memory

Vteckidd
08-26-2009, 06:53 PM
i dont think we have ever formally met, although i do see you on barret from time to time (black STI right?)

I know some of the same people you do, and i think you know who my roomate is.

I thought it would have been weird if i walked up and was like "hey im vteckidd!" Usually 1 of 2 things happens when i do that:

1) I get a blank stare like "WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT"
2) I get my ass kicked cause it was someone i talked shit to online.

i didnt see you until the movie let out and we were both standing on the curb. I was in a silver RX8

Echonova
08-26-2009, 06:59 PM
First time I met Vteckidd it was at his house and he was drunk and yelling when I walked in the door.

Julio
08-26-2009, 07:08 PM
If the server is a female.. Big tits and nice ass..the % goes up a bit. No joke.

Nothing better then looking at eye candy while killing hunger.

Julio
08-26-2009, 07:11 PM
How much a barber charges ?
I've been going to the same place for 10 years now.. for the last 5 or so years I just give my barber "Jason" @ International Barber Shop on Lawrenceville Suawnee Rd and Riverside ( free plug).. $20..

Im going to check for signs next time.. I honestly dont know.. If I remember correctly it was 8 bucks 10 years ago.. But I cant remember...

Today I went to Get 2 tires put on my Toyota.. tipped the guy that did the work 12 bucks...
He was happy as hell...

PhatbacK
08-26-2009, 07:39 PM
i dont think we have ever formally met, although i do see you on barret from time to time (black STI right?)

I know some of the same people you do, and i think you know who my roomate is.

I thought it would have been weird if i walked up and was like "hey im vteckidd!" Usually 1 of 2 things happens when i do that:

1) I get a blank stare like "WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT"
2) I get my ass kicked cause it was someone i talked shit to online.

i didnt see you until the movie let out and we were both standing on the curb. I was in a silver RX8

hahaha I might have had the WTF stare but I don't think I would have kicked your ass cause I don't think youve talked shit about me..............or have you? :ninja:

PhatbacK
08-26-2009, 07:41 PM
How much a barber charges ?
I've been going to the same place for 10 years now.. for the last 5 or so years I just give my barber "Jason" @ International Barber Shop on Lawrenceville Suawnee Rd and Riverside ( free plug).. $20..

Im going to check for signs next time.. I honestly dont know.. If I remember correctly it was 8 bucks 10 years ago.. But I cant remember...

Today I went to Get 2 tires put on my Toyota.. tipped the guy that did the work 12 bucks...
He was happy as hell...

Everyone charges different. But at SPORT CLIPS IN ACWORTH GA.......we charge $16. But we do a lot of coupons and stuff too for $10 cuts.

Vteckidd
08-26-2009, 07:57 PM
hahaha I might have had the WTF stare but I don't think I would have kicked your ass cause I don't think youve talked shit about me..............or have you? :ninja:
Just leghumped you , many many many many many many times :crazy:

hondachik
08-26-2009, 08:06 PM
I tip accordingly because I used to be a waitress & I know how it feels to work for tips.

Plus, I also expect tips after sex. :boobies:

slostang
08-26-2009, 08:06 PM
i usually tip well when i get good service. but when the service is SHITTY i will leave a penny just to piss them off as much as they pissed me off.

AFSil80
08-26-2009, 11:02 PM
I usually overtip, and then if there's alcohol involved, I get more generous, haha.

IMPORTchic
08-26-2009, 11:37 PM
I for the most part at restaurants tip 20% + whatever rounds to the next nearest dollar so I dont have to deal with change. I HATE when I go out with someone and they do not tip properly or at all. That pisses me off to no end! I always go back and throw some down or make it a point to give it to the waitress myself. I was a waitress for about 2 months when I was 17 and it was HELL!! I will never do it again just plainly b/c there are too many people in this world with no respect! Mad props to the ones out there that can handle it! :goodjob:

As far as barbers/cosmotologist goes, my mom is a cosmo and she has dealt with all kinds of tards. Anywhere from no tips, to perverted men that tip $100 on a $25 hair cut. I do not use her(never allow family to touch you, never works out...lol) I go to a man in Cartersville at a semi-upscale place. They usually charge like $115 for cut and highlight but he cuts me a deal of $70 b/c I have sent him so much clientel and I drive so far. Even then, I still always give him $80, which is not really a good tip, but we have a deal worked out and it works. He is happy, and I am happy. He knows times are hard, so there has been quite a few times where he has cut me huge deals. Even done it free once. All around, people need to tip better when they get their hair done!!!!

And again to you people that tip shitty or not at all...:2up:

quickdodge®
08-26-2009, 11:44 PM
And again to you people that tip shitty or not at all...:2up:

No. Fuck you. If you don't like it, then get a job making better wages. Later, QD.

JITB
08-26-2009, 11:47 PM
i tip as much as i can afford too.. but mainly for restaurants... i don tdo strip clubs too much. But at restaurants i do def.

IMPORTchic
08-27-2009, 12:05 AM
No. Fuck you. If you don't like it, then get a job making better wages. Later, QD.

I did get a WAY better job after only working there 2 MONTHS!!!!! So there. ;) Smart ass.

claybird
08-27-2009, 12:08 AM
My accord makes me poor so i try my hardest to give 1 2 or 3 bucks

Atlblkz06
08-27-2009, 01:01 AM
OK WOW something that requires no skill? Granted a shaved head isn't hard...but I have had people come into my shop that have attempted that and screwed it up and ask me to fix it. I love when people thinking cutting hair isn't hard or requires "no skill" and then they attempt it themselves and screw up just to come in and have someone fix it.

The no skill thing was only for MY haircut (#2 buzz). If they cant get that right.... ugh.

Its not even about the price - just bang for buck. I'll gladly pay 40 bucks for a haircut that I think is worthwhile.

J-ROCK
08-27-2009, 01:27 AM
i usually tip good unless there is bad service like the other night at huddle house when i went and the guy acted like it was a problem for me to ask for a refill then brought me my mountain dew in my buddys sweet tea glass which = the worst taste ever!

PhatbacK
08-27-2009, 09:18 AM
The no skill thing was only for MY haircut (#2 buzz). If they cant get that right.... ugh.

Its not even about the price - just bang for buck. I'll gladly pay 40 bucks for a haircut that I think is worthwhile.

So what is you got a shitty haircut but the lady was nice as can be and she was trying her best? for instance someone that just started?

I believe people make their own tips. Granted I havent always been a ray of sunshine but it reflects in my tips... but then again ive had rays of sunshine coming out my ass and some people just dont care. So basically you never know what to expect.....I have a kid that comes in and and I do the exact same haircut on him that you do (2 all over) and because I sit there and talk to him and make convo and have even taken him when we are closing...he tipped me 20bux....cause he appreciated my effort and service. Its all too each his own. I just know how things go and I am guilty of tipping too much as well...mainly cause I believe in karma and hope that good fortune comes back on me. :cheers:

AirMax95
08-27-2009, 10:25 AM
My haircuts are usually $15 and I SOMETIMES leave $5 for the barber. If he takes longer than normal, stops cutting to run his flapper, or has bad breathe....I don't tip. Funny thing is, I have only 2 barbers, lol.

Atlblkz06
08-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Well I leave 3 regardless, 5 if my barber was awesome.

But if you cant do a buzz cut - you dont need to be working in a shop.
Let me put it this way. If someone fucked up and put transmission fluid into your engine - would you tip them? What if its their first day on the job?

Exactly - it's not my problem, its the shop's.

dizzle
08-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Tips are my only way of income right now while i'm in school. In most restaurants now, we also have to tip out the bussers, bartenders, and the host/hostess. So, if you tip $3 on a $30 tab, 3% of that WE have to tip out to pay them... even if you DON'T order anything from the bar & even if they don't even clean off our tables.

tmoney11286
08-27-2009, 09:11 PM
I tip excessively at- Bars, Restaurants, Barbershop, Taxis

I can't stand tipping-Valets, Bathroom Attendants.

Places that are Valet only piss me off.

Buttons
08-30-2009, 06:07 PM
I tip excessively at- Bars, Restaurants, Barbershop, Taxis

I can't stand tipping-Valets, Bathroom Attendants.

Places that are Valet only piss me off.

By Valet only, you mean places that you are required to have your car valet parked, right?

VQ35 Star
08-30-2009, 06:08 PM
By Valet only, you mean places that you are required to have your car valet parked, right?

Buttons
08-30-2009, 06:10 PM

The line above that he didn't specify Valet only, just he doesn't like to tip valets. Don't dot me. :goodjob:

VQ35 Star
08-30-2009, 06:11 PM
im dotting your statement where you answered your own question.

Buttons
08-30-2009, 06:28 PM
im dotting your statement where you answered your own question.

I'm just making sure, before I go off on a tangent about people not tipping valets. Valets usually work off tips alone, no minimum server wage or anything.

VQ35 Star
08-30-2009, 06:29 PM
this is true, i always feel sketchy giving random ppl my keys though

tmoney11286
08-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Yes. Places that Valet only. I have actually tipped places that Valet only to let me park my own car.

I went to Fogo Friday night and dude parked my car literally in the parking spot in front of the door. He looked at me, I handed him 3 bucks, and he handed me my keys. At Ted's a few weeks ago, I knew there was a self park in the back. I pulled up and said, "I'm going to park it my self." The dude said, "C'mon man, I always wanted to do burnouts in one of those things!" I swear, I could have punched him.

Buttons
08-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Yes. Places that Valet only. I have actually tipped places that Valet only to let me park my own car.

I went to Fogo Friday night and dude parked my car literally in the parking spot in front of the door. He looked at me, I handed him 3 bucks, and he handed me my keys. At Ted's a few weeks ago, I knew there was a self park in the back. I pulled up and said, "I'm going to park it my self." The dude said, "C'mon man, I always wanted to do burnouts in one of those things!" I swear, I could have punched him.

That would make me weary of Valets, but it's their job. Hopefully no Valet will ever do that to your car.

tmoney11286
08-30-2009, 07:27 PM
That would make me weary of Valets, but it's their job. Hopefully no Valet will ever do that to your car.

My friend watched the valet at 2 urban licks drive straight over a speed bump, bottom out, and stall on top of the speed bump. The dude denied it when I went outside. I told him to give me my keys immediately. Fucking asshole.

Chuckster
08-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Thats how waiters and waitresses make their money. With great service comes great tips even if I'm a broke ass. Poor service equal shitty tip.

Buttons
08-30-2009, 07:31 PM
My friend watched the valet at 2 urban licks drive straight over a speed bump, bottom out, and stall on top of the speed bump. The dude denied it when I went outside. I told him to give me my keys immediately. Fucking asshole.

Damn, that's horrible. But I assure you not all Valets are like that. A few members are valets & there is even an owner of a valet company on the site. Just all the bad experiences don't ever make up for the good service of others.

tmoney11286
08-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Damn, that's horrible. But I assure you not all Valets are like that. A few members are valets & there is even an owner of a valet company on the site. Just all the bad experiences don't ever make up for the good service of others.
? Even if I had nothing but great experiences with Valets, I would have no use for the service. The ONLY time it would be somewhat useful is if the restaurant only had parking in a garage that was some distance away from the front door. Most restaurants in Atlanta, they park your car around the corner, or even worse, where you can see it when you walk out the front door. I have no qualm with walking to 30 yards to my car.

Buttons
08-30-2009, 07:45 PM
? Even if I had nothing but great experiences with Valets, I would have no use for the service. The ONLY time it would be somewhat useful is if the restaurant only had parking in a garage that was some distance away from the front door. Most restaurants in Atlanta, they park your car around the corner, or even worse, where you can see it when you walk out the front door. I have no qualm with walking to 30 yards to my car.

Have you seen at least half the people who park? Especially at a nice upscale dinner place? Some nights they get busy and have to double up on parking and "normal" people would never be able to comprehend how to park or get out of the parking lot without hitting someone else.

What about your female? You park all the way in the back and make her walk with you or do you drop her off at the front door hoping she'll still be there when you get up there? To me, when going to a nice restaurant, I would want Valet parking. I would be a little skeptic about the person parking, but I'm sure they don't pick the first person they find on the street to park cars for their company.

tmoney11286
08-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Have you seen at least half the people who park? Especially at a nice upscale dinner place? Some nights they get busy and have to double up on parking and "normal" people would never be able to comprehend how to park or get out of the parking lot without hitting someone else.
Then they need to use some of the money that we pay for an expensive meal to buy some more land for parking.

What about your female? You park all the way in the back and make her walk with you or do you drop her off at the front door hoping she'll still be there when you get up there? To me, when going to a nice restaurant, I would want Valet parking. I would be a little skeptic about the person parking, but I'm sure they don't pick the first person they find on the street to park cars for their company.
Damn right I make her walk too. We aren't talking about walking a marathon. At Fogo, Bones, Cheesecake Factory, etc, they park you car a comfortable distance away. The walk is the perfect time to converse about the delightful meal that was just eaten.

Buttons
08-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Then they need to use some of the money that we pay for an expensive meal to buy some more land for parking.

Because just using, let's say $3 from each person that eats there will equal to around half a million dollar not even an acre land in downtown atlanta?

Just sayin', most places won't argue if you decide to park your own car.

02SloWrx
08-30-2009, 08:04 PM
809KiNg+lanning+pride2102+silverDA+whiteknights=CH EAP ASS MOTHERFUCKERS!

Echonova
08-30-2009, 08:05 PM
I don't care if I own a Yugo (it would be a step up if I did). Nobody drives my car but me.

tmoney11286
08-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Because just using, let's say $3 from each person that eats there will equal to around half a million dollar not even an acre land in downtown atlanta?

Just sayin', most places won't argue if you decide to park your own car.

Not true, it is about 50/50 in my experience if the place is "Complementary Valet Only" if they will actually let you park it yourself.

Buttons
08-30-2009, 08:08 PM
I don't care if I own a Yugo (it would be a step up if I did). Nobody drives my car but me.

They are so cute though :) I was watching Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist earlier and the guy owned one. You can get the one from the movie for $2800 on Ebay.

Echonova
08-30-2009, 08:19 PM
What a I really want is a Triumph Dolomite. Not a reliable as a Yugo, but much better looking.

In short, a car version of me.

Turbd4DE
08-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Only people I dont tip are @ buffets.. I mean all they do is get ur drink. U gotta get up to get ur food ..

Bigt8aford
08-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Well being a bagger/cashier at Ingles I feel the pain of minimum wages a crap hours. I tip at restaurants and sonic just because and the girls like to see a respecting man.. But when I am at work we can take tips, we aren't supposed to. lol

Echonova
08-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Only people I dont tip are @ buffets.. I mean all they do is get ur drink. U gotta get up to get ur food ..Ewwwwwww...

I don't eat @ buffets. It's like a human feeding trough...

Turbd4DE
08-31-2009, 12:08 AM
Rusans or Sushi Bites FTW

ShooterMcGavin
09-01-2009, 11:23 AM
i tip accordingly, depending on venue, the service received, etc.

Hulud
09-01-2009, 12:17 PM
i tip more than accordingly but i dont see that option, epic failure

ShooterMcGavin
09-01-2009, 12:43 PM
i tip more than accordingly but i dont see that option, epic failure
tipping accordingly just means you tip, not necessarily how much. not the point of the poll i guess.

eViLMunkey
09-16-2009, 09:40 PM
I always tip even if service is crappy, sometimes people have "off" days. Also I tend to over-tip. .

DriVaH
09-17-2009, 10:49 AM
I tip even when service sucks. I give a penny, just to let them think about it. I even ask for the same person to serve me the next time i visit, just to see if they got the message.

goi_ek
09-17-2009, 08:16 PM
I tip even when service sucks. I give a penny, just to let them think about it. I even ask for the same person to serve me the next time i visit, just to see if they got the message.

so that next time they can fuck with ur food?

DriVaH
09-18-2009, 11:31 AM
you have a point, but chances are they food has already been fucked with...LOl