PDA

View Full Version : tandem wheelies!

deathrex
08-25-2009, 10:30 PM
did my first tandem wheelie today.:bump: didnt end up like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoCjfOUUb4U (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoCjfOUUb4U) lol. chick i was riding with said she wanted to try it.:boobies: got it up in 2nd front wheel about 3-4 feet off the ground rode it out for about 3000ft. all in all a good time. wish i had a camera car or another person riding with us to get pics or video. :(

dazn
08-25-2009, 11:41 PM
this is cool because....... :thinking:

deathrex
08-25-2009, 11:48 PM
this is cool because....... :thinking:

never tried a tandem wheelie and it was a good time for me :D

DieselNuts
08-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Even if my passenger wanted me to, I would never fuck around like that with another person on my bike

deathrex
08-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Even if my passenger wanted me to, I would never fuck around like that with another person on my bike

i started riding when i was 5 dirtbikes and such started riding streetbikes when i turned 16. ive been riding most of my life. shes been riding for the past few years. if it were someone with no experience yeah i wouldnt do it. im confident in my riding skills and i was confident in my passengers skills in what we were doing. but if i felt it were unsafe or i was not confident in that person to do what they needed to i wouldnt do it.

toxxxic
08-26-2009, 12:09 AM
they're fun! :)

i hear its alot easier with a passenger anyway!

but yeah, i've been riding since i was 16 - i'm always the damn guinea pig when it comes to this stuff.

now moving on to clutching it up with a passenger. that - not my favorite.

deathrex
08-26-2009, 12:21 AM
it got up alot easier than i thought it would. but ive always ridden 1000's so they get up real easy anyways. haha yeah i know how you feel about being the guinea pig. everyone always trys to get me to try things first. clutching it is the same as if you were by yourself. just gotta watch the throttle and ease into it a little more carefully to keep your rpms to set the height you want your front wheel to be at. i sold my stunt bike a few months back so im a little cautious when it comes to stunting my repsol. id like to build another stunt bike soon though. but if you need help with any stunts or ride out just pm me. im always down to go ride.

toxxxic
08-26-2009, 12:26 AM
i dont have a bike :( but i'd love to take that repsol off your hands, that's my fav bike in the whole wide world! ;)

by clutching it up, i mean as a passenger, clutch up wheelies SUCK lol i always think i'm gonna get flung off into traffic :(

deathrex
08-26-2009, 12:33 AM
i dont have a bike :( but i'd love to take that repsol off your hands, that's my fav bike in the whole wide world! ;)

by clutching it up, i mean as a passenger, clutch up wheelies SUCK lol i always think i'm gonna get flung off into traffic :(

oh well you drive ill ride bitch!;) haha its my baby but i love riding the shit out of her. haha ive been flung arround quite a bit. just hold on tight! :D

turbosx©
08-26-2009, 03:28 AM
clutching up period takes a bit getting used to.

AnthonyF
08-26-2009, 08:19 AM
eh...I haven't even done a wheelie yet. lol. Not really caring too either.

-Ant.

deathrex
08-26-2009, 10:33 AM
eh...I haven't even done a wheelie yet. lol. Not really caring too either.

-Ant.

try a power wheelie! I think you'd feel comfortable with it. Just don't go wild on the throttle or it will kick you off real quick! Around 15-20mph at 2-4k rpm drop the throttle just a bit then kick it up to about 7-8 k and ride it out. Lots of fun. But from the pics I've seen of your bike I'd pick up a cheap bike to stunt cause that 6 is nicee :goodjob:

JDM-95-Hatch
08-26-2009, 12:16 PM
they're fun! :)

i hear its alot easier with a passenger anyway!

but yeah, i've been riding since i was 16 - i'm always the damn guinea pig when it comes to this stuff.

now moving on to clutching it up with a passenger. that - not my favorite.

yeah i think i have a dent in my gas tank where you slammed my nuts into it

AnthonyF
08-26-2009, 12:24 PM
try a power wheelie! I think you'd feel comfortable with it. Just don't go wild on the throttle or it will kick you off real quick! Around 15-20mph at 2-4k rpm drop the throttle just a bit then kick it up to about 7-8 k and ride it out. Lots of fun. But from the pics I've seen of your bike I'd pick up a cheap bike to stunt cause that 6 is nicee :goodjob:

Power wheelie as in just full throttle it? Yeah, I've done that and no tire lift at all. I heard R6's are hard to power wheelie, especially with stock gearing.

Yeah, I am very timid from trying b/c I dont want to mess mine up. lol Not yet at least. haha

-Ant.

DieselNuts
08-26-2009, 01:53 PM
i started riding when i was 5 dirtbikes and such started riding streetbikes when i turned 16. ive been riding most of my life. shes been riding for the past few years. if it were someone with no experience yeah i wouldnt do it. im confident in my riding skills and i was confident in my passengers skills in what we were doing. but if i felt it were unsafe or i was not confident in that person to do what they needed to i wouldnt do it.
Word, I hear ya. I grew up riding dirt bikes myself, but as you know, they are a completely different animal. Just be safe.

The reason I said what I said in my first post is because I know a guy that thought he was a bad ass and decided to fuck around with a girl on the back and ended up wrecking and left a nasty scar on her leg where the peg went through it...Beautiful legs ruined by a jackass.

turbosx©
08-26-2009, 02:44 PM
ugh.^^^^

ant get all the back in your seat next time you try.

deathrex
08-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Power wheelie as in just full throttle it? Yeah, I've done that and no tire lift at all. I heard R6's are hard to power wheelie, especially with stock gearing.

Yeah, I am very timid from trying b/c I dont want to mess mine up. lol Not yet at least. haha

-Ant.

bring the rpms up between 3-4k drop them off just a little bit not a big 500-1000 rpm then goose it. when you feel it coming up just back it out a little bit and hold it up there with the throttle. if you goose it throughout its gunna flip over on you. haha yeah i know what you mean ive seen pics of your bike its nice. i dont like stunting the repsol but i get bored at times haha. id like to build another stunt bike. i sold my stunt bike 6 months ago before i moved back to atl from la. you can definately get it up with stock gearing on an r6. takes a little more skill but will definately get up.

Word, I hear ya. I grew up riding dirt bikes myself, but as you know, they are a completely different animal. Just be safe.

The reason I said what I said in my first post is because I know a guy that thought he was a bad ass and decided to fuck around with a girl on the back and ended up wrecking and left a nasty scar on her leg where the peg went through it...Beautiful legs ruined by a jackass.

haha im far from a bad ass. ive gotten my ass kicked off numerous times and i know it will happen again. but like i said before if i felt it were unsafe or she had never done things like that before it would have never happened.

deathrex
08-27-2009, 01:19 PM
ugh.^^^^

ant get all the back in your seat next time you try.

wait are you telling him to move faurther back? if so NO DO NOT DO THAT. especially if your trying to learn. you want your center of gravity to be like your riding normally. you try and move it back yeah its gunna get up easier but its also alot easier to fall off or get you kicked off. trust me haha i know from experience.

turbosx©
08-28-2009, 04:58 PM
ya i no that but thats why u cover the rear brake. and if he is just starting he'll chicken out before it get anywhere close to that point.