PDA

View Full Version : nismown3d

Chuckster
10-10-2005, 07:26 PM
so dude at my job just recently dropped a sr20 redtop (dont know the diff. between blacktop and redtop) in his fastback 240. So i tell him i wanna run him to see what i got on it. He put the motor in saturday. We went at it today.

His car is untuned stock turbo running 7lbs. booste

aight here go's....

Were in second(or at least i am) rolling at about 20....GO! i get a nose jump. He sticks right beside me all the way through second. BAM! Im in third, he shifts into the next gear and he pulls a strong car lenght. Topped out thrid gear on top of his ass.

Here we go agian but from a dig......GO! Im slipping like a bitch and his ass got on it easy(i should of done that) As soon as i got traction he has already pulled half a car on me. SLAM! i get into second, he pulls another car and a half. Here comes third.....wait nope he is breaking and we are running out of room.

so from a dig he got 2 1/2 - 3 car lenghts
from a roll he got 1 car

i think i did good being that his car was stripped. My car has shitty tires and the clutch is bad. But then again his car wasnt tuned.

PSINXS
10-10-2005, 09:07 PM
no major diffs between the two except the blacktop had cooling fins in the head and its a newer motor. usually having less miles. watch out for them SRs. base model fastback weighs in at 2699lbs.(i believe thats full weight too. 2 occupants etc.) they can run 13s with a stock sr.

JDMracer16
10-10-2005, 09:34 PM
no major diffs between the two except the blacktop had cooling fins in the head and its a newer motor. usually having less miles. watch out for them SRs. base model fastback weighs in at 2699lbs.(i believe thats full weight too. 2 occupants etc.) they can run 13s with a stock sr.
The fastback is also heavier than the coupe, and a stock SR in a 240 will never run 13's. Not trying to sound like an asshole or anything.

PSINXS
10-10-2005, 09:50 PM
The fastback is also heavier than the coupe, and a stock SR in a 240 will never run 13's. Not trying to sound like an asshole or anything.
u didnt sound like one at all. and good correction on the 1/4 mile time. my mistake they should be in low 14s stock wussmonster ran 14.1 in his

BCRAFTY
10-10-2005, 09:55 PM
the black top is better..

Nyteryder
10-10-2005, 11:33 PM
I ran a 13.9 when I had my stock turbo w/ open diff, sidemount and a couple bolt ons on street tires. Its possible.

ECE3040
10-11-2005, 12:01 AM
I like how u: "GO", "BAM!", "SLAM!".....hehe....

thought that was kinda funny. :-)

Wedge
10-11-2005, 01:44 PM
13.1 with 12psi street tires and open diff at commerce

nice death, i was debating on when to upgrade to a bigger quiter car (or the girl makes me), and thought a 1.8t would be fun, nice knowing they aren't that slow..