PDA

View Full Version : block code question

STRteg
08-25-2009, 03:32 PM
how can you find out what year a motor is? possible by block code? any help would be appreciated thanks

Barefoot
08-25-2009, 07:46 PM
how can you find out what year a motor is? possible by block code? any help would be appreciated thanksu can do it off the head as long as its the original head on the block. those #s on the side of the look something like 8/9 3/4 9/0 some shit that. i dont remember which was which without having 1 in front of me. im sure somebody else can fill that info in.

Tech5
08-25-2009, 07:55 PM
correct on the head there is a circle and in that is the year of the head as longs as the head is the orginal with the block other then that your screwed...there was a site you could look up the block code to find what car and vin to find out if it was stolen and all.. but I dont remember it now

Barefoot
08-25-2009, 08:15 PM
there was a site you could look up the block code to find what car and vin to find out if it was stolen and all.. but I dont remember it nowif u ever think of it lmk.

STRteg
08-26-2009, 12:26 AM
if u ever think of it lmk.

^^X2!!! and thanks guys really appreciate it reps for what my scraggly reps are worth lol

Turbodude06
08-26-2009, 11:54 AM
there was a site you could look up the block code to find what car and vin to find out if it was stolen and all.. but I dont remember it now

me too cause I've always wanted to know how to look them up:goodjob:

Barefoot
08-27-2009, 12:04 AM
correct on the head there is a circle and in that is the year of the head as longs as the head is the orginal with the block other then that your screwed...there was a site you could look up the block code to find what car and vin to find out if it was stolen and all.. but I dont remember it nowthis just a random thought. ive search the net for a tool or something that will look up codes no luck. there is no way (that ive found yet) to check a block for the general public without having the cops do it. so whats the point of posting a block code on here. its not like anybodys going behind the posters making sure there product is straight. when was the last time u bought a motor an really checked to see whats up. i know ive never done it. i can put money on it 99% of the people on here havent either. just a thought.

STRteg
08-27-2009, 12:32 AM
this just a random thought. ive search the net for a tool or something that will look up codes no luck. there is no way (that ive found yet) to check a block for the general public without having the cops do it. so whats the point of posting a block code on here. its not like anybodys going behind the posters making sure there product is straight. when was the last time u bought a motor an really checked to see whats up. i know ive never done it. i can put money on it 99% of the people on here havent either. just a thought.

hm....good point :thinking: makes you wonder