PDA

View Full Version : IPhone now = remote for your DSLR?!?!?!

CHADbee
08-24-2009, 04:25 PM
WOW

http://prophotohub.blogspot.com/2009/07/dslr-camera-remote-for-iphone-comes-to.html

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Jb8_YQH3T6I/Sm8IOm-DI0I/AAAAAAAAAYs/9TVLfC__26g/s400/dslr-camera-remote-new-ui.jpg

.93lude
08-24-2009, 04:29 PM
kinda sick, might have to try that out

CHADbee
08-24-2009, 04:34 PM
im interested as well, i have a wired remote but this would make rig shots easier for me, maybe. lol.

joecoolfreak
08-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Good idea in theory, but the hassle of always having to have the camera tethered to the computer and the iphone tethered to the computer starts to complicate things a bit.

james
08-24-2009, 10:12 PM
when they were first talking about this, they were saying like 99$ pricetag weren't they? but apparently you can shoot remotely also - ie having the live view type thing on your iphone screen. i guess you would have to have a network set up between your camera and phone. either way, pretty rad technology. im glad im alive in this internet age!

Mr. Clean
08-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Good idea in theory, but the hassle of always having to have the camera tethered to the computer and the iphone tethered to the computer starts to complicate things a bit.

yeah this is what made it really not worth it for me. i mean how often are you really going to be shooting in a wifi hot spot? -only if you're a portrait photog with a studio.

it is cool in theory, but the wifi thing would just make its uses so limited that i don't think i would ever use it.

X-Runner
08-25-2009, 12:13 PM
yeah this is what made it really not worth it for me. i mean how often are you really going to be shooting in a wifi hot spot? -only if you're a portrait photog with a studio.

it is cool in theory, but the wifi thing would just make its uses so limited that i don't think i would ever use it.

You don't need internet access do you? Just set up a router in your car with a network for that lol

Mr. Clean
08-25-2009, 12:18 PM
You don't need internet access do you? Just set up a router in your car with a network for that lol

yeah i mean you just need a network. still just too much work so i can fucking see my pictures on my iphone vs. my camera screen lol.

only situation i can think of where i'd use it is a rig shot but then you'd still have to have a USB cable running down the rig and into a computer in the car with router hooked up with a DC adaptor and then look at your iphone. lol. why not just fucking look at the computer if you're going to go through all the work just to see it on a phone.

X-Runner
08-25-2009, 12:21 PM
yeah i mean you just need a network. still just too much work so i can fucking see my pictures on my iphone vs. my camera screen lol.

only situation i can think of where i'd use it is a rig shot but then you'd still have to have a USB cable running down the rig and into a computer in the car with router hooked up with a DC adaptor and then look at your iphone. lol. why not just fucking look at the computer if you're going to go through all the work just to see it on a phone.

Because its fun to over complicate things :screwy:

Mr. Clean
08-25-2009, 01:21 PM
lol i guess that's the bottom line.

Tarzanman
08-25-2009, 03:23 PM
You could use it to spy on your roommate

A.A
08-25-2009, 06:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/kurtscarpics/pole.jpg

or on a pole elevated shot... would have been nice to see if I am getting the house in the shot the first time instead of the tenth time...

Mr. Clean
08-25-2009, 07:10 PM
ok from what i understand the camera still has to be connected to a computer, right?

so for just about every situation you could use it for, you'd still have to have like a 15 ft usb cable. it's still fucking useless.

joecoolfreak
08-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Yes

eViLMunkey
08-25-2009, 10:27 PM
That would be a nice feature to have if I had a iPhone since all I have is a wired remote w/ 20ft extension cable, lol