PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking Noise While Turning

90_ACCORD
08-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Like the title says i hear a squeaking noise from the front of my car everytime i turn. it has gotten worse over the past few weeks. It does it while turning both right and left and does it through the whole turn until i straighten out the wheels again.

What could be causing this problem?

Thanks for any help

jmmx258
08-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Is it lowered? Did you put bigger tires on it?

Barefoot
08-24-2009, 02:28 PM
your rack maybe. there is a lot of thing on the front end that can do it. the rack is to me the most common.

90_ACCORD
08-24-2009, 02:52 PM
your rack maybe. there is a lot of thing on the front end that can do it. the rack is to me the most common.

what you mean rack? can you explain anymore

someone did tell me it might be the power steering belt being loose or the power steering pump might be going bad...could that be true?

also the car is not lowered and the tires are the stock size. and have been on way before the car started making the noise

Barefoot
08-24-2009, 03:08 PM
what you mean rack? can you explain anymore

someone did tell me it might be the power steering belt being loose or the power steering pump might be going bad...could that be true?

also the car is not lowered and the tires are the stock size. and have been on way before the car started making the noiserack an pinon. the sound from the power steering pump or belt is more of a squealing. the easiest way to find out is have somebody turn the max out to 1 side then back to the other. while your listing under the hood.

90_ACCORD
08-24-2009, 03:11 PM
rack an pinon. the sound from the power steering pump or belt is more of a squealing. the easiest way to find out is have somebody turn the max out to 1 side then back to the other. while your listing under the hood.

aight ill do that. if it is the rack an pinon how is that fixed?

SilverSurfer
08-24-2009, 03:19 PM
u tried checking the fluids level. mine sqeaks from time to time because of it being to low of a level

Barefoot
08-24-2009, 03:22 PM
aight ill do that. if it is the rack an pinon how is that fixed?if it is a pain. as im thinking about it im not going to say rack atleast not without hearing it myself. do the listen thing and it will tell u for sure.

90_ACCORD
08-24-2009, 03:23 PM
u tried checking the fluids level. mine sqeaks from time to time because of it being to low of a level

yeah someone on cb7tuner just told me to check and now that i think about it i cant remember the last time i checked it or even put fluid in it

90_ACCORD
08-24-2009, 03:27 PM
well ive got pleanty of fluid

SilverSurfer
08-24-2009, 03:27 PM
yeah someone on cb7tuner just told me to check and now that i think about it i cant remember the last time i checked it or even put fluid in it

lets hope thats the problem

Barefoot
08-24-2009, 03:29 PM
yeah someone on cb7tuner just told me to check and now that i think about it i cant remember the last time i checked it or even put fluid in itthis is something u are supposed to do before u make a post. lol its like saying my oil lights on what do i do.

90_ACCORD
08-24-2009, 03:29 PM
lets hope thats the problem

sadly not that problem. ive got pleanty of fluid

the car turns fine tho. I havnt had any problem. it hasnt gotten stiff or tough to turn

Atlblkz06
08-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Anything like THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmWOOchr1uE

?

90_ACCORD
08-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Anything like THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmWOOchr1uE

?

naw thats not it. its a lot louder and a squeak. not a whin