PDA

View Full Version : is this block rebuildable?

THEONE
08-23-2009, 06:48 PM
i just got this motor and i knew it was locked up the guy told me before i got it,so nothing to complain about lol

i took the pan off and found that a rod spun a bearing bent a rod bolt and sent a end cap through the girdle breaking it and wedgeing the bottom of the rod into the block.

the block looks to be dinged up but not destroyed. i did notice that at the bottom of the cylinder wall there is a small chunk missing,since i was planning on using h beam rods and would need to notch the block anyways does this matter?

and the crank on the spun bearing side is much darker in color is it scrap now or can i get it turned?

i attached a few pics the one of the inside of the block is crappy but i tried.

also if i can use this block where can i get a new girdle? and i found this u shaped thing in the pan aswell its in the pick i might be part of the crank like a shim what is it?

Barefoot
08-23-2009, 07:25 PM
what motor is it.

SPOOLIN
08-23-2009, 07:33 PM
i dont even know what the HELL im looking at.

.:Stirfry:.
08-23-2009, 07:34 PM
lol.. better pics would help

dallasb84
08-23-2009, 07:46 PM
im guessing when i say a thrust washer.... the u shaped thing.

but god damn those are some somali ass rods......

skinny as fuck. your pictures remind me of one of them save the children commercials. your rods screamin "for ten cents a day i can eat for a week MUTHA FUCKA"

;)

THEONE
08-23-2009, 07:50 PM
hahaha yeah its a tiny motor its a d16y8 and yeah i will get better shots. where does the washer go it was in the pan and can i buy a new girdle for it.
and those skinny rods are what so many people use on stock sohc's with boost and hope it will be ok lol makes ya wanna reconsider boosting one huh :D

dallasb84
08-23-2009, 07:53 PM
damn dude i got a better motor for yah....

honestly if the thrust washers fell out that means the rotating assembly has been tweaked.... i mean im no expert but the thrust washer is kinda what holds the crank inline in the bottom end. without a ton of machining id say your motors prolly a lost cause.....

btw i got a 98 d16 non vtec full swap

THEONE
08-23-2009, 07:58 PM

honestly if the thrust washers fell out that means the rotating assembly has been tweaked.... i mean im no expert but the thrust washer is kinda what holds the crank inline in the bottom end. without a ton of machining id say your motors prolly a lost cause.....

btw i got a 98 d16 non vtec full swap

i figured it was a loss i was lookin for a rebuildable core for a build. so what are you lookin to get for your bottom end or if you know where i can find one that needs a rebuild let me know im havin a hell of a time findin one . i have a y8 head atleast i got that out of the deal lol

dallasb84
08-23-2009, 08:07 PM
yeah mine has alot of miles its perfect for a rebuild to be honest with you. its still in the car so you can drive it if you like. clutch is great and tranny is like butter. tell you what make a offer and we'll talk more. if you know some people with parts thats cool too cuz i need some parts for my swap.

i got everything needed to pull the swap

THEONE
08-23-2009, 08:18 PM
yeah mine has alot of miles its perfect for a rebuild to be honest with you. its still in the car so you can drive it if you like. clutch is great and tranny is like butter. tell you what make a offer and we'll talk more. if you know some people with parts thats cool too cuz i need some parts for my swap.

i got everything needed to pull the swap

all i need is a bottom end.

dallasb84
08-23-2009, 09:28 PM
oic

Barefoot
08-23-2009, 10:11 PM
hahaha yeah its a tiny motor its a d16y8 :Dtrash that get u another 1

J-ROCK
08-24-2009, 01:43 AM
i would send that to scrap iron and get another one to build!

FasTech
08-24-2009, 01:57 AM
Give it to me. You can't pull jack out of it at the scrap yard anyways.

J-ROCK
08-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Give it to me. You can't pull jack out of it at the scrap yard anyways.

lol you get the:ninja: ?

speedminded
08-24-2009, 03:36 AM

btw i got a 98 d16 non vtec full swapWithout them just consider it a Mitsubishi engine lolol!

AnthonyF
08-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Get another one. dime a dozen.

-Ant.

southside
08-24-2009, 08:27 AM
lol.. better pics would helpx2 I aint know what the hell I was looking at.