PDA

View Full Version : Sports usain bolt runs the football 40 in 3.82 seconds! wtf

VIP Style
08-21-2009, 10:00 AM
yes, an espn analysist did the math, bolt runs the forty in less than 4 seconds. thats insane.

mocha latte cupcake
08-21-2009, 10:04 AM
unfortunately usain mcstone hands is officially worthless in any dodging or catching manuever, but he is the quicker waterboy of all time

ATLSRT8
08-21-2009, 10:14 AM
yes, an espn analysist did the math, bolt runs the forty in less than 4 seconds. thats insane.

If he ran an even speed from start to end more than likely, but it's just like drag racing. He is going to spend the longest time from the block to about 20 yards building up speed; I am sure he is crazy fast at it, but not quite that fast.

VIP Style
08-21-2009, 10:34 AM
dude im telling you, at a dead start, 40 yards in 3.82. they did the math yesterday.
If he ran an even speed from start to end more than likely, but it's just like drag racing. He is going to spend the longest time from the block to about 20 yards building up speed; I am sure he is crazy fast at it, but not quite that fast.

FlipKing
08-21-2009, 11:17 AM
well, they did the math on the pull up run in the olypics to and it was about a tenth off. So....3.9 is still fast as shit

BABY J
08-21-2009, 11:20 AM
They did the math - and he is at 90% of his speed at 4 steps. In his last record breaking run just over 4 steps he was checking the FUCK out. There are no ifs about it - this fucker is FAST. And he's big too - doesn't even make sense.

TIGERJC
08-21-2009, 11:22 AM
HE is juicing

Spectic Tank
08-21-2009, 11:48 AM

Too bad he wouldn't last more than about 3 downs in the NFL.

BABY J
08-21-2009, 12:03 PM
^^ Why is that?

sogood
08-21-2009, 02:18 PM
^^ Why is that?

Let's see him run a route over the middle of the field and get decked out by a safety or linebacker. That's why.

BABY J
08-21-2009, 03:35 PM
^^ And? He's not a little boy. Just bc he doesn't play football doesn't mean he can't. Not hating - I'm just saying you have no way to support that statement.

j0nbunklah0m
08-21-2009, 05:36 PM
^^ And? He's not a little boy. Just bc he doesn't play football doesn't mean he can't. Not hating - I'm just saying you have no way to support that statement.
qft

Spectic Tank
08-21-2009, 05:43 PM

His speed won't translate quite as well with pads.

It also won't translate when a DB jams him at the line of scrimmage. To play either sport at that high of a level you train your whole life. The training for each is way different. Usain's body has never been through the type of punishment an NFL player has.

An important job for any football player is blocking. A WR is going to do more blocking than he is catching(even the elite ones). His speed won't help...

Unless he puts on the pads and lines up for an offense, you're right, I can't truly back that up. But I still stand by my original statement.

BABY J
08-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Every1 on the field will have on pads -- not just him.

I understand what you are saying -- I am just saying that there are LOTS of pro football players that were given the nod JUST b/c they were fast. There are lots of walk-ons that excelled at college and even turned pro.

He is 6'5 and 190 - w/ his acceleration and a combination of playing off the line he's not just gonna "lay down and get jammed up" -- 2, if he is - he's 3 steps away from pulling away from a LOT of talented backs. Sure - he'll get popped... if you play him deep it sets up the run. Even w/out the ball you have to defend him... not as easy as you think.

It's all speculation from both of our views... like you, I'd like some burgers and beer and watch him work in a "fun" scrimmage to see what he's got.

Spectic Tank
08-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Every1 on the field will have on pads -- not just him.

I understand what you are saying -- I am just saying that there are LOTS of pro football players that were given the nod JUST b/c they were fast. There are lots of walk-ons that excelled at college and even turned pro.

He is 6'5 and 190 - w/ his acceleration and a combination of playing off the line he's not just gonna "lay down and get jammed up" -- 2, if he is - he's 3 steps away from pulling away from a LOT of talented backs. Sure - he'll get popped... if you play him deep it sets up the run. Even w/out the ball you have to defend him... not as easy as you think.

It's all speculation from both of our views... like you, I'd like some burgers and beer and watch him work in a "fun" scrimmage to see what he's got.

Yes, they're both in pads. An obstacle that football players are used to, and sprinters aren't.

Again, you're right. Lot's of track athletes are recruited by college's, majority don't end up suiting up on Saturday's but there are exemptions. If we were talking about Usain playing college football, I would say he could turn into a star(I'd be tuning into his games). NFL is a different story though, any pro sport for that matter.

I'm just ready for REAL football to start, in the meantime all we can do is speculate:cheers:

drpepper14
08-22-2009, 01:19 AM
You can't "simply" do math to determine his 40

They probably did an average to achieve the time, but it has been proven repeatedly that sprinters consistently speed up and slow down throughout the duration of the race.

BanginJimmy
08-22-2009, 08:44 PM
190 is about 35lbs too small for a 6'5 NFL receiver .

Eddie Royal is 5'10 182 according to NFL.com and he is considered VERY small. Limas Sweed is 6'4 220 and considered about average or a few pounds too light. Bolt would need to weigh in at a minimum of 225. How many hits, and how strong will he be at his current weight? Then if he gains the weight, I assure you, he loses more than .1. He will most likely end up in the 4.2 or 4.3 range.

BABY J
08-23-2009, 01:08 PM
NFL reported numbers are garbage and you know it Jimmy. LOL. None of them are as big as reported, over half aren't as fast as reported. Also - the notion of comparing a WORLD CLASS athlete to a NFL athlete is a stretch anyway. This comparison leaves a lot of gray areas and there is only on way to know.

Food for thought, all under 6ft:

//Greg Jennings, Santana Moss, Lee Evans, Steve Smith, DeSean Jackson, Wes Welker, Devery Henderson, Laveranues Coles //

QUOTE:
Ideally, teams would like every small receiver to be built like Smith or Moss – strong, compact, fluid and tough enough to take a jam from a “hard” cornerback in a Cover 2 defense. Excluding physical freaks like Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson, most small receivers have a few distinct advantages over their “prototype” counterparts: quickness, change of direction and acceleration to top speed. All three of those things can help provide the separation that truly matters in successful passing offenses.

“They’re more explosive coming out of their routes because of their body types,” said Redskins offensive coordinator Sherman Smith, who starts a pair of 5-10 receivers in Moss and Antwaan Randle El. “Deion Sanders was talking about it the other day, about guarding a bigger wide receiver and how they are slower out of their breaks than a smaller wide receiver.”

“Regardless of how fast you are, you probably will get to your top speed quicker than a 6-foot-3 guy,” said Jennings. “You’re going to put that stress on a defensive back quicker than a 6-foot-3 guy would.”

BanginJimmy
08-23-2009, 01:39 PM
NFL reported numbers are garbage and you know it Jimmy. LOL. None of them are as big as reported, over half aren't as fast as reported. Also - the notion of comparing a WORLD CLASS athlete to a NFL athlete is a stretch anyway. This comparison leaves a lot of gray areas and there is only on way to know.

Food for thought, all under 6ft:

//Greg Jennings, Santana Moss, Lee Evans, Steve Smith, DeSean Jackson, Wes Welker, Devery Henderson, Laveranues Coles //

QUOTE:
Ideally, teams would like every small receiver to be built like Smith or Moss – strong, compact, fluid and tough enough to take a jam from a “hard” cornerback in a Cover 2 defense. Excluding physical freaks like Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson, most small receivers have a few distinct advantages over their “prototype” counterparts: quickness, change of direction and acceleration to top speed. All three of those things can help provide the separation that truly matters in successful passing offenses.

“They’re more explosive coming out of their routes because of their body types,” said Redskins offensive coordinator Sherman Smith, who starts a pair of 5-10 receivers in Moss and Antwaan Randle El. “Deion Sanders was talking about it the other day, about guarding a bigger wide receiver and how they are slower out of their breaks than a smaller wide receiver.”

“Regardless of how fast you are, you probably will get to your top speed quicker than a 6-foot-3 guy,” said Jennings. “You’re going to put that stress on a defensive back quicker than a 6-foot-3 guy would.”

I know teams exaggerate numbers but it it isnt always up, it is occasionally down. I believe it was Bernard Berian that used to be listed about 2" shorter and about 10lbs lighter than he really was.

Small guys are quicker, but taller receivers have their uses too. Look at the difference losing Plaxico Burress made for the Giants when they were around the red zone. I also think it is safe to say that Bolt would be considered an elite athlete in the NFL. I also think he loses at least .3 or .5 in his 40 if he puts on an additional 25-35lbs.

atlxpat
08-23-2009, 06:35 PM
3.9 without pads, if he had all the gear on im sure it would also mess up his mechanics.
and im sure he wont be in the crouch position before the snap.
i bet hes making more money then an nfl player per year

JDM onlyy
08-23-2009, 07:35 PM
but you guys do know that the 40 times that everyone gets clocked at is when they're damn near naked wearing under armor. just like how usain bolt is. they don't get they're 40 time clocked while wearing pads....

VIP Style
08-24-2009, 10:30 AM
uhh ok, so what your trying to say is that bolt is probably just as fast with his pads on seeing that he is just as fast as any other NFL player with his pads off?
but you guys do know that the 40 times that everyone gets clocked at is when they're damn near naked wearing under armor. just like how usain bolt is. they don't get they're 40 time clocked while wearing pads....

BABY J
08-24-2009, 01:06 PM
LOL @ every1 thinking that there is any1 in the NFL that could run w/ Usain - pads or not.

"Fastest in the NFL" is NOTHING compared to the fastest man ever to walk the Earth. Do the math. Making the pad/no-pad argument is like Honda guys taking the spare tires and floor mats out of there cars. If you have to do that - you're slow anyway.

Spectic Tank
08-24-2009, 05:59 PM
LOL @ every1 thinking that there is any1 in the NFL that could run w/ Usain - pads or not.

"Fastest in the NFL" is NOTHING compared to the fastest man ever to walk the Earth. Do the math. Making the pad/no-pad argument is like Honda guys taking the spare tires and floor mats out of there cars. If you have to do that - you're slow anyway.

Usain would dust anyone in the NFL...because that's what he does. He doesn't play football.

You realize that there is more to football than sprinting right? Even if he could run a 2.4 40 with a piano strapped to his back it doesn't mean he can play in the NFL. Just because someone is dominant in one aspect of a sport doesn't mean they're going to be any good at it.

BABY J
08-24-2009, 06:16 PM
EXACTLY.

That's why I said "can run with" and not "can throw better", or "cut better", or "can hit better" or has the "heart" for football.

seriousb13
08-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Usain bolt playing football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqanl8hCjNE

BABY J
08-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Heh heh heh. Good sport.

mp5o
08-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Heh heh heh. Good sport.

Awesome sig man... Had me rollin! :lmfao:

JDM onlyy
08-30-2009, 03:34 PM
uhh ok, so what your trying to say is that bolt is probably just as fast with his pads on seeing that he is just as fast as any other NFL player with his pads off?

umm no, cause he's not trained to run with pads, but you guys are talking bout everyone's 40 times....they run without pads too. so why judge by 40 times?

they should have a padded 40 time. lol

VIP Style
08-31-2009, 10:17 AM
lol x2
umm no, cause he's not trained to run with pads, but you guys are talking bout everyone's 40 times....they run without pads too. so why judge by 40 times?

they should have a padded 40 time. lol

Truegiant
09-03-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xUS30-RFf0

Sinfix_15
09-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Let's see him run a route over the middle of the field and get decked out by a safety or linebacker. That's why.

says the Gator fan.... Demps?????????????????? Caldwell????????????????

Honda_98_civ
09-17-2009, 06:57 AM
either way he's fast

sogood
09-17-2009, 12:52 PM
says the Gator fan.... Demps?????????????????? Caldwell????????????????

Uh...what about them...? Demps is a RB that rarely comes out of the backfield to catch a pass, so not sure what you're getting at there. Which Caldwell? Reche or Andre? Either way they're both good size for a receiver, so again, what are you getting at?

BABY J
01-04-2010, 02:08 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chris-Johnson-may-race-Usain-Bolt-Does-he-have-?urn=nfl,211662

BLK JDM
01-06-2010, 12:44 AM
An important job for any football player is blocking. A WR is going to do more blocking than he is catching(even the elite ones). His speed won't help...

How many times do you see T.O. or Randy Moss block on a run or even a pass play to another receiver on their side? Big name receivers are notorious for not blocking when the play is not to them. Hell most of them don't even run a false route when the play is not coming their way. Be serious.

JDM onlyy
01-06-2010, 01:09 AM
How many times do you see T.O. or Randy Moss block on a run or even a pass play to another receiver on their side? Big name receivers are notorious for not blocking when the play is not to them. Hell most of them don't even run a false route when the play is not coming their way. Be serious.

Roddy White and Larry Fitzgerald do and thats what makes them two great receivers!

Spectic Tank
01-06-2010, 09:46 AM

So they just stand at the line of scrimmage twiddling their thumbs when the play is called:rolleyes:

BLK JDM
01-06-2010, 05:20 PM
So they just stand at the line of scrimmage twiddling their thumbs when the play is called:rolleyes:

Almost!! They line up take two or three steps then half ass or start walking!! Look at them during a game when the plays not coming their way.

GoodOlHerps
01-07-2010, 12:52 PM
he is fast no doubt. i feel lucky to have seen someone like this in my lifetime. but he is no football player.