PDA

View Full Version : Any G1 Users Here??

1CleanEg
08-20-2009, 06:59 AM
Anybody thinking about getting the Mytouch or TouchPro 2? I love my G1 after the cupcake update but i have always been one to get new phones when they come out. Mytouch lacks a true Qwerty keyboard though and im not sure if i can go back to a Windows Mobile OS after experiencing Android.

Discuss....

DaSmittyman
08-20-2009, 07:34 AM
as far as i recall the my touch pro has android? I don't know, my big ol fingers, i have problems with the touch screen which is why i love having a slide out keyboard. The only problem i have with my G1 is that it runs slow sometimes, i mean i would have to wait about 39 seconds or more just for it to bring up a message which really annoying.

calmnothing
08-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Supposedly around November there are going to be a lot of new Android devices coming out. I'm not aware of any new android phones that will have a keyboard.

Currently I'm looking into the HTC Touch Pro 2. People are working on porting Android over to this phone. It's also got a nice keyboard and an amazing screen.

1CleanEg
08-20-2009, 08:13 AM
as far as i recall the my touch pro has android? I don't know, my big ol fingers, i have problems with the touch screen which is why i love having a slide out keyboard. The only problem i have with my G1 is that it runs slow sometimes, i mean i would have to wait about 39 seconds or more just for it to bring up a message which really annoying.

Nah the Touch Pro 2 is running Windows Mobile 6.5. Ur G1 is probably running that slow due to alot of apps. Do u have App Manager? It lets u save the apps to ur SD card and run them from there so u dont use any of the phones memory.

1CleanEg
08-20-2009, 08:15 AM
I agree the Touch Pro's screen is amazing like u said. I dont like the fact that u have to use so much pressure on the touch functions unlike the G1. But the touch flo interface is pretty kool as well. The keyboard is nice and big as well which is a plus but im just not sure if im sold on it yet. If people figure out how to port Android over i will definitely upgrade. As of right now the G1 is just so simple to use and the Market keeps growing daily

ironchef
08-20-2009, 08:25 AM
The MyTouch 3G is basically a thinner G1 with no physical keyboard. I'm waiting on new HTC Android phones w/ 1ghz Qualcomm processor.

1CleanEg
08-20-2009, 08:29 AM
^Yea pretty much. i believe the processor is slightly faster tho. And seems like they are making some pretty good apps specifically for the Mytouch which sucks. Im gonna stick with my G1 for awhile and hope that HTC releases another Android phone with a physical keyboard and a better camera

ironchef
08-20-2009, 08:34 AM
No hardware wise they're identical, same processor and everything. And the mytouch specific apps you can get on the G1, you just have to search for it.

1CleanEg
08-20-2009, 08:39 AM
oh ok, well i have found a few of them in the market but it says *For Mytouch Only* and most of the comments says they dont work on the G1