PDA

View Full Version : NEED EVERYONE'S INPUT ON THIS SCENARIO

Kevykev
08-19-2009, 09:10 AM
To help two colleagues settle an argument (see definition, arguments are not always violent) lol

I'll try to break it down simple and try to avoid any bias:

friend 1- finds niche market by offering an uncommon service most people do not offer

friend 1 introduces friend 2 to service - friend 2 has performed service before but has never marketed service

friend 1 and 2 agree to market service by handing out fliers, speaking with prospects etc.

friend 1 trains friend 2 how to perfect service and shows friend 2 proper supplies methods etc.

friend 1 advertises on Craigslist and receives 2-4 clients per week.

friend 2 wants to advertise same service on CL and will cover same area/region

Given the circumstances << Biggest thing to pay attn. to. Should friend 2 advertise on CL if they are covering the same area with 2-4 customers per week?

Feel Free to ask questions I had to keep it general - the "friends" will see this so I do not want to come off as biased.

Rather that "polling" Actual feedback is preferred!

dabuilding
08-19-2009, 09:16 AM
stop being hookers

Kevykev
08-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Hahaaaaa

"finds niche market by offering an Extremely common service most people do not offer"

FlipKing
08-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Does service included aids?

Kevykev
08-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Ok Ok No people :lmfao:

c'mon we need real - life feedback.

LOL it does not involve the Advance Immune Deficiency Syndrome!

FlipKing
08-19-2009, 09:30 AM
You should word less....sexually.lol

Kevykev
08-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Fk this site...

AnthonyF
08-19-2009, 09:39 AM
LOLOL @ dabuilding and kevy.

Friend 2 should find his own location. Can't be a cock block.

-Ant.

Zach79zx
08-19-2009, 09:49 AM
LOLOL @ dabuilding and kevy.

Friend 2 should find his own location. Can't be a cock block.

-Ant.

x2
and what did you expect you posted this in the whoreslounge people are not gonna stop saying dumb shit

Kevykev
08-19-2009, 10:01 AM
x2
and what did you expect you posted this in the whoreslounge people are not gonna stop saying dumb shit

It's hit or miss in the WL. Good feedback will come, it just started off with those two hooligans LoL

:cheers:

Elbow
08-19-2009, 10:06 AM
I would go with C.

AnthonyF
08-19-2009, 10:13 AM
The hookers response was funny though! lol

-Ant.

Paul
08-19-2009, 10:17 AM
i would chalk it up as experience in business.... be careful who you bring into your business. i would say they need to have a sit down and see if they can pool their resources and split profits or just do business separately competing w/ each other.

2 hookers are better than 1. hook a brotha up!

Kevykev
08-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Ok, ok feedback is coming through.

Hookers LoL

Simon ...clever.

Princess12
08-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Are Friend 1 and Friend 2 working together? Are they splitting profits etc? Or is Friend 2 now independent?

Jecht
08-19-2009, 10:29 AM
I would ask friend #2 not to offer the service in the same area or [avoiding the joke that this is about prostitution, because this would be cause for much humor] that they operate together and share the earnings. If they are friends, I don't see why they don't just work together and split it.

Kevykev
08-19-2009, 10:37 AM
^ Splitting is an option but to direct you attn. back to circumstances. CL yields 2-4 customer per week. Each job takes an hour to do so there is no overload. Would you split 4 customers with a colleague or no? The CL thing is the topic of discussion. Individual marketing is fair game, but advertising on CL while covering the same area is the topic.

Are Friend 1 and Friend 2 working together? Are they splitting profits etc? Or is Friend 2 now independent?

Both, say friend 1 had 10 clients pop up, he would ask friend 2 for assistance.

Profit splits have been discussed but not finalized.

Chuckster
08-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Friend 2 should go elsewhere. No point in 2 people advertising same shit on the same site. Try ajc or...ia lol

Chuckster
08-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Do you need a third friend? Sounds like you 2 need help.

Jecht
08-19-2009, 11:04 AM
^ Splitting is an option but to direct you attn. back to circumstances. CL yields 2-4 customer per week. Each job takes an hour to do so there is no overload. Would you split 4 customers with a colleague or no? The CL thing is the topic of discussion. Individual marketing is fair game, but advertising on CL while covering the same area is the topic.

Both, say friend 1 had 10 clients pop up, he would ask friend 2 for assistance.

Profit splits have been discussed but not finalized.

Well is this a job that either of them need to pay the bills? Personally I think friend #1 should get to advertise on craigslist alone since he taught friend #2.

Kevykev
08-19-2009, 11:10 AM
I'll have them look at this thread, hopefully a conclusion will be drawn.

Still waiting for that one member to come through with some off the wall sht. Like "YO Fk friend 1 he got caught slippin', should've kept it to himself, it's REAL IN THESE STREETS!!!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaa

Mike Lowrey
08-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Friend 2 is abusing the friendship. Friend 1 trusted Friend 2 and let Friend 2 in on Friend 1's business idea. It does not matter that Friend 2 had done it before, Friend 1 is the one who put the effort into marketing it and making a business. Friend 2 seems to be looking for a quick buck and is taking advantage of Friend 1.

My :2cents:

Kasper
08-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Friend 2 is basically stealing from friend 1. friend 1 should do some vagas mafia shit to friend 2 and crush fingers with hammer! then friend 1 should break a knee of said friend 2 to show him who friend 2's daddy is! just a thaught..

C-loS109
08-19-2009, 11:27 AM
so its u and who else?

and communication its the key to success

uproot
08-19-2009, 11:28 AM
If they are both advertising on CL and they are covering the same area, they should be working together. if they want to work separately, they should cover different areas.

Kevykev
08-19-2009, 11:31 AM
so its u and who else?

and communication its the key to success

LOL at people sayin it's me :ninja: maybe it is.

Truth about communication stated there.

BoosTKing187
08-19-2009, 11:33 AM
friend 2 is a dueschebag

RandomGuy
08-19-2009, 11:34 AM
I think Friend two should back off... If he was a good friend that is, Or market Friend 1's idea in another market. But of course Friend 2 will argue that he/she contributed to Friend 1's Idea/success and is entitled to be in on it.

Every client that Friend 2 takes, is a potential client for Friend 1, if they're using the same means of marketing then it is almost certain that if friend 2 wasn't in the business, that friend 1 would have received the same customer.

That is straight up theft IMO

Kevykev
08-19-2009, 12:47 PM
They will be reading this thread soon.

L to the O L.

I knew I would get quality feedback if the thread hung around for long enough.

ShooterMcGavin
08-19-2009, 01:40 PM
friend 2 needs to stop dipping in friend 1's bowl and find his own way.

TheProfiteer
08-19-2009, 01:51 PM
from reading this whole thread I have come to the conclusion that your friends really are hookers.

they gonna get busted posting on CL.

that is all

Kevykev
08-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Hahaaaa

You guys got it all figured out, they are whores for life.

BUSTED!

xxbckiexx
08-19-2009, 03:20 PM
friend 2 needs to fine his own fucking territory.

xxbckiexx
08-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Friend 2 is abusing the friendship. Friend 1 trusted Friend 2 and let Friend 2 in on Friend 1's business idea. It does not matter that Friend 2 had done it before, Friend 1 is the one who put the effort into marketing it and making a business. Friend 2 seems to be looking for a quick buck and is taking advantage of Friend 1.

My :2cents:

sounds like friend 2 is from NYC.

Kevykev
08-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Hahahahahahahaha ^ this guy is a GENIOUS!

bu villain
08-19-2009, 04:05 PM
I think a lot of this depends on the details of conversations. For example:

Did you all discuss any of these issues and when (rights to certain areas, working together vs separate, etc)? You stated you agreed to market together at some point.

Did friend2 mislead you at any point?

From the limited information it sounds like at very least you all should have discussed more details earlier on. There could be some douchebaggery going on from friend 2 but I can't tell for sure based on the info. For example, both people knew how to provide a service in the beginning and I don't think one person deciding to market it should prohibit their friend from trying to market their skills as well. It would be different if friend 2 didn't know how to perform the service and then friend 1 taught them. Also, if they both live in the same area, did friend 1 expect friend 2 to have to go to some other part of town to perform the service?

xxbckiexx
08-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Hahahahahahahaha ^ this guy is a GENIOUS!

from my experience.. new yorkers will use you until you realize it. They will do everything they can to make it seem like you're not helpin them out enough, cuz they've had the hardest life on the planet. You present them with an opportunity, and when they don't work hard enough to make the opportunity work out for them, they blame YOU, when it's working GREAT for you. Then you feel guilty and start sharing some of your success and then you end up paying THEIR bills. It's just the way of the north. Lazy fucks.

xxbckiexx
08-19-2009, 04:17 PM
I think a lot of this depends on the details of conversations. For example:

Did you all discuss any of these issues and when (rights to certain areas, working together vs separate, etc)? You stated you agreed to market together at some point.

Did friend2 mislead you at any point?

From the limited information it sounds like at very least you all should have discussed more details earlier on. There could be some douchebaggery going on from friend 2 but I can't tell for sure based on the info. For example, both people knew how to provide a service in the beginning and I don't think one person deciding to market it should prohibit their friend from trying to market their skills as well. It would be different if friend 2 didn't know how to perform the service and then friend 1 taught them. Also, if they both live in the same area, did friend 1 expect friend 2 to have to go to some other part of town to perform the service?

the info is clearcut you've just never been in this situation. Friend 1 said yo, i can make you some money do this. Friend 2 said, oh word? and Friend 1 was like yea, ill show you, free of charge. Friend 2 was all, im down! then he couldn't make it work for him, so Friend 2 was like, man you wasted all my fuckin time, now you gotta gimme YO BIDNESS. Cuz Friend 2 was too fucking lazy to make it work for himself, he wants everything done for him. Friend 2 should be hit by a car.

AnthonyF
08-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I can really relate to Becky up there. ^^^ My roommate does the same bullshit.

-Ant.

Kevykev
08-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Bu Villain - Everything was discussed/agreed first hand. Friend 1 Showed Friend 2 the professional way to do the service.

the info is clearcut you've just never been in this situation. Friend 1 said yo, i can make you some money do this. Friend 2 said, oh word? and Friend 1 was like yea, ill show you, free of charge. Friend 2 was all, im down! then he couldn't make it work for him, so Friend 2 was like, man you wasted all my fuckin time, now you gotta gimme YO BIDNESS. Cuz Friend 2 was too fucking lazy to make it work for himself, he wants everything done for him. Friend 2 should be hit by a car.

Somebody give this guy a Gold Medal, he's thorough and knows the truth. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

"OH WORD???" :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

xxbckiexx
08-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Bu Villain - Everything was discussed/agreed first hand. Friend 1 Showed Friend 2 the professional way to do the service.

Somebody give this guy a Gold Medal, he's thorough and knows the truth. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

"OH WORD???" :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

been there done that.. never again. I will do some thorough investigation before i ever hire anyone again, especially from new york.

bu villain
08-20-2009, 02:35 PM

Actually this is a lot more info than in the original post. The original post made it sound like two people both knew how to provide a service and friend 1 just gave friend 2 some tips on how to do it a little better. It's not like the idea of advertising on craigslist is some genius million dollar idea. If friend 2 is really that lazy then friend 1 will have no problem blowing away friend 2's buisness with quality and professionalism. I may not have been in this exact situation but I do know this about business... ideas are a dime a dozen...implementation is everything.

Kevykev
08-20-2009, 10:00 PM
^ Friend 2 didn't know how to do it properly, friend 1 showed him the right/best way

I'm still laughing at how XbckieX broke it down. :lmfao:

I Agree 100% on the implementation aspect, that's the hard TRUTH!