PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Gran Turismo 5 will (finally) crush, flip those lovely cars

browningboy7
08-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Joystiq Writes: "On the official Gran Turismo 5 site, the latest spec sheet for the game touts that its physics model "completely renders deformation from crash." Not scratches, not scuffs, but deformation. (Backing up what we saw in the E3 trailer for the game.)"

VQ35 Star
08-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Yes! So the delay will def. Be worth the wait.

Blownb18c
08-18-2009, 10:30 PM
maybe lol.......how long has it been?

Black4DrEK
08-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Man its been WAY to damn long!!!

hurry up mutha Suckers!!

jdm eg6
08-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Man its been WAY to damn long!!!

hurry up mutha Suckers!!

yup

Deke
08-26-2009, 09:03 PM
GT5, lol

EJ25RUN
08-26-2009, 09:15 PM
^ me and you arguing about this for as long as we have. lol

I did read that not all the cars have damage (yet)

DownSouthGB
08-26-2009, 09:16 PM
I gave up on that game lol.

Elbow
08-26-2009, 09:22 PM
As GT5 is failing Forza 3 will have more damage, rollovers, more cars and tracks, more everything, interior views, better tracks, etc.

I am buying an Xbox, unless GT5 has Road Atlanta.

DownSouthGB
08-26-2009, 09:53 PM
As GT5 is failing Forza 3 will have more damage, rollovers, more cars and tracks, more everything, interior views, better tracks, etc.

:rolleyes:;). Lol jk. But I did hear Forza should be better, just because GT is taking so long to come out having people think it's gonna blow.

Deke
08-26-2009, 10:06 PM
^ me and you arguing about this for as long as we have. lol

Haha, QFT.

I just want the damn game to go ahead and come out. I'm so tired of hearing speculation about a game that people have been talking about since the PS3 was launched.

Is the release date still supposed to be in December?

Sinfix_15
08-26-2009, 11:35 PM
yet.... it still wont have cars that leave tire marks or smoke.

umairejaz
08-26-2009, 11:46 PM
When did all these details all off a sudden matter?

Paree4g63
08-27-2009, 12:37 AM

It might have Road Atlanta; the previous editions did. ;)

VooDooXII
08-27-2009, 02:51 AM
Are they going to put in functional reverse lights too? Heh :D

I never bought Prologue because I figured I'd just wait for the full game. Didn't realize how much waiting I'd be doing.

Guess this is what's taking them so long.

ItsBlack
08-27-2009, 04:52 AM
the GT5 delay is the reason I have an xbox. I was gonna buy GT5 and a PS3 together the first christmas, but when it got delayed I said fuck it... and here we are 3 years later?

ItsBlack
08-27-2009, 04:53 AM
It might have Road Atlanta; the previous editions did. ;)

Que? I don't remember GT having Road Atlanta...

Elbow
08-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah no other GT had Road Atlanta..

YoTa_BoX
08-31-2009, 10:02 AM

I think you're wrong here man, its said that GT5 will have over 1000 cars in game. With Forza only having 400.

GT5 will triumph over Forza with out any effort. The wait will be well worth it!! Polyphony always takes forever with their games, we all should know this by now. Yet when they do release the game its near perfect because they have most all bugs worked out of it. They strive to give us the best game possible, sure we may have to wait a while...but to me its always been worth it.

Capt._Ron
08-31-2009, 11:17 AM
I bought a ps3 for it...it better be the shit!! lol

NewGen33
08-31-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm expecting greatness for this game It's the reason I'm getting the ps3 over the 360.
http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/nws12506063474675442.jpg

August 18, GamesCom, held in Cologne, Germany:
Gran Turismo 5 has been announced! Here is the latest information on the game design:

■ models included
1,000 vehicles
170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage)
830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) [Read: Cars we have seen in GT4 before ]

■ Courses
more than 20 courses, more than 60 layouts

■ physical simulation of vehicles
Physics system simulation is brand new
Represented is full fall in vehicles [possibly rollover]
Damage representation (reproduced in full by real-time collision deformation)
faithfully reproducing the behavior of electric cars, i.e. Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla model

■ Arcade Mode
Single Race
2 player battle

■ GT Mode
World Map
My Garage
Car Dealer
Tuning Shop (parts, tires)
Car Washes/Oil Change
Race Championship (Series system, point system)
License Test

■ Online
Open Lobby
Text / Voice Chat
Private rooms
Online Photo Album
Online Replay Album
YouTube replay output

■ Photo Mode
Photo Drive (Circuit)
Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)

■ Gran Turismo TV
Video output to a PSP or PSP GoŽ
Progressive Download
Improved
user interface
Continuous Play for videos

■ Museums
The
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, + more information at TGS

■ Sound
Custom soundtracks (Use songs from your PS3 hard-drive)
Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1

User Interface
The
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same design concept. The icons change color
Able to track the movement of Cockpit Camera interface (confirmed in full 3-D. The camera can be fully manipulated and you can opt to have your head tracked by the PSEye)

VooDooXII
08-31-2009, 02:20 PM
Wonder if they'll animate the airbags deploying too, heh heh heh.

Elbow
09-01-2009, 01:21 PM
I think you're wrong here man, its said that GT5 will have over 1000 cars in game. With Forza only having 400.

GT5 will triumph over Forza with out any effort. The wait will be well worth it!! Polyphony always takes forever with their games, we all should know this by now. Yet when they do release the game its near perfect because they have most all bugs worked out of it. They strive to give us the best game possible, sure we may have to wait a while...but to me its always been worth it.

I use to hate Forza, but played Forza 2 a while back and it's pretty good. I still think GT physics are better, BUT, Forza has a lot more fun things to do. Such as:

-Paint
-Stickers
-Engine Swaps
-Drivetrain swaps
-Roll cages
-Better cars at least I think.
-Road Atlanta ;)
-and a lot more.

Forza 3 may have less cars, but GT has a lot of boring cars. Who wants to race a Prius? Or who needs 20 different Skyline models? Forza has a wide selection of cars from Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, down to the regulars, LMP cars, etc. They have damage which GT too too long to get, and they will also have the cockpits.

The list continues as well why I think Forza will be better, but it's just personal opinions.

RandomGuy
09-01-2009, 02:54 PM
will they have a used car showroom on gt5? Anyone know? That is one thing that turned me off from the GT line, I have owned every previous version, I spent literally hundreds of hours on GT1 on ps1 when it first came out, which was the reason i bought a playstation 1.

YoTa_BoX
09-01-2009, 03:41 PM
will they have a used car showroom on gt5? Anyone know? That is one thing that turned me off from the GT line, I have owned every previous version, I spent literally hundreds of hours on GT1 on ps1 when it first came out, which was the reason i bought a playstation 1.

with 1000 cars, I would expect it to have a used car showroom. But thats just a guess.

dc2teg2006
09-01-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm waiting for gt5 to come out so I can buy myself a ps3 slim, and logitech g25 steering wheel!!! be bad ass racing like this! I'll be on it like this all day! :goodjob:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8beiRg7HRZ8
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/playseat-overview.jpg