PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods SOHC turbo help

GAsHONDABOI
08-18-2009, 07:30 PM
ok I have a 96 ex with a y7 block and a y8 head. im in the process of a full turbo. i have done housrs of research. and its lead to me to a tdo4 turbo small yes but thats all i want and a greddy cast iron manifold to keep my ac. i also have a greddy BOV. everything is hooked up and functionaly working.

my problem is tuning its currently unhooked from the intake while untuned. i have a p28 needeing chipped and dsm injectors out of a 91 eclipse and a resistor box if i hook all this up will my car be ok to drive then after my ecu is chipped and programmed. i believe the injestors are 390cc correct??? thanks for any and all your help

Drummerboy
08-18-2009, 09:06 PM
....you do have an Intercooler/piping and a wastegate right?

what are you using to tune? Hondata or straight from the P28?

THEONE
08-18-2009, 09:41 PM
so are you riding around with the turbo spoolin with the intake not hooked up?
oh and most people use a resistor box and dsm 450cc injectors i used scotty from mainstream to tune and chip one of my cars with a similar set up i used a t25 and only ran 7psi the dohc zc stock with turbo made right at 200whp.

scttydb411
08-18-2009, 10:11 PM
so are you riding around with the turbo spoolin with the intake not hooked up?
oh and most people use a resistor box and dsm 450cc injectors i used scotty from mainstream to tune and chip one of my cars with a similar set up i used a t25 and only ran 7psi the dohc zc stock with turbo made right at 200whp.

^^
what he said. you can look on the side of the injectors you have and if they are dsm they will have the size (ie: 450cc will have ndl450 on the side). 390 or 450 will be fine.

feel free to contact me if you have any questions/need guidance.
678-614-3596

GAsHONDABOI
08-19-2009, 05:10 PM
thank you all for your kind knowledge its nice to know that there is still some people out there that will help someone in need with out flushing out there pockets