PDA

View Full Version : Over 80,000 Dead Earthquake in Pakistan.

RandomGuy
10-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Yeah, a quake in my country, nothing spectacular, but the death toll is CRAZY high now. Death toll is up to 80k from what im told
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/10/09/quake.asia/index.html

Shits crazy what is the world coming to?

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 12:42 AM
Shit happens.

aaronfelipe
10-10-2005, 12:47 AM
Damn man...

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Well that is 80,000 less people we have to worry about getting the bird flu.

aaronfelipe
10-10-2005, 12:50 AM
Nah man,that's crude.
Imagine how tragic it must be to them and then rebuildin everything= lots of $$$.

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 12:51 AM
Nah man,that's crude.
Imagine how tragic it must be to them and then rebuildin everything= lots of $$$.

They live in shacks.

They can rebuild from the rubble did you not see the pictures?!

RandomGuy
10-10-2005, 12:53 AM
They live in shacks.

They can rebuild from the rubble did you not see the pictures?!
lol shut the fuck idiot... they dont ALL live in shacks thats the capital city... like sayin every1 in atlanta lives on a farm.

aaronfelipe
10-10-2005, 12:53 AM
It sounds a little ignorant to me.
You might be right though,

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 12:55 AM
No but being serious from here out.

I think we should all donate something to help them out.

Myself will be donating some

http://www.cornerpockets.com/images/Lincoln%20Logs/Commemorative_eddition.jpg

So that they may rebuild their homes.

aaronfelipe
10-10-2005, 12:57 AM
fuck that

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 12:58 AM
fuck that

How can you be so insensitive.

This is a time that those people need us!

THEY NEED OUR LINCOLN LOGS!

Selfish bastard...

RandomGuy
10-10-2005, 12:59 AM
:321:

mp5o
10-10-2005, 01:00 AM
How can you be so insensitive.

This is a time that those people need us!

THEY NEED OUR LINCOLN LOGS!

Selfish bastard...

Your an idiot.

Dragonfly5338
10-10-2005, 01:01 AM
For every lincoln log that any IA member donates for the rebuilding project, I will match with a brand spanking new..... cardboard box!

http://www.stuffyadontwant.com/stuff_pics/boxes.jpg

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Your an idiot.

Hey chief.

It's "you're".

Now who is the idiot...

mp5o
10-10-2005, 01:03 AM
Hey cheif.

It's "you're".

Now who is the idiot...

I believe it's still you. Thanks.

aaronfelipe
10-10-2005, 01:03 AM
I don't think this thread was meant to be a joke.

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 01:05 AM
I believe it's still you. Thanks.

That was rather clever of you.

I was trying to imply that you were an idiot but instead you turned it around to say I am still an idiot!

My god, how freaking clever.

I must be an idiot because you are smart enough to turn something like that around on me...

RandomGuy
10-10-2005, 01:05 AM
fuckin idiots. they need to bring their fruity asses over there... and say that shit there. :lmfao:

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 01:06 AM
fuckin idiots. they need to bring their fruity asses over there... and say that shit there. :lmfao:

If I did they probably wouldn't understand me, unless of course they spoke English.

Dragonfly5338
10-10-2005, 01:07 AM
If I did they probably wouldn't understand me, unless of course they spoke English.

Or French!

mp5o
10-10-2005, 01:07 AM
80,000 people are dead and all you can do is joke about it? Your a fucking idiot.

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 01:09 AM
80,000 people are dead and all you can do is joke about it? Your a fucking idiot.

What else can I do?

Go and give them CPR.

THIS JUST IN: CPR DOESN'T SAVE SOMEONE WHO HAD A BUILDING FALL ON THEM.

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Or French!

I guess I could bring a friend of mine with me, she is from Pakistan and speaks that language.

Tbird_guy
10-10-2005, 01:11 AM
well, on a serious note...to the thread starter, I hope you don't have family there, and if you do...I hope they are ok...

RandomGuy
10-10-2005, 01:16 AM
nah my fam is mostly in the south... but aside from these asshats above... someone posted a thread about that geological weaponry or whatever... doesn't that seem a little coincidential? Fuckin katrina levels a critical area in the states... and then a quake (which rarely happens of this magnitude in pakistan)... in the CAPITAL city??!

Tbird_guy
10-10-2005, 01:16 AM
conspiracy theory....things that make ya go hmmmmm.

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 01:19 AM
nah my fam is mostly in the south... but aside from these asshats above... someone posted a thread about that geological weaponry or whatever... doesn't that seem a little coincidential? Fuckin katrina levels a critical area in the states... and then a quake (which rarely happens of this magnitude in pakistan)... in the CAPITAL city??!

DON'T FORGET THE TSUNAMI!

MY GOD. COMMUNISTS ARE USING MACHINES THAT CAN CONTROL THE WEATHER TO DESTROY THE WORLD!!!!

Tbird_guy
10-10-2005, 01:21 AM
insert dale gribble voice here...its a conspiracy...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

RandomGuy
10-10-2005, 01:22 AM

MY GOD. COMMUNISTS ARE USING MACHINES THAT CAN CONTROL THE WEATHER TO DESTROY THE WORLD!!!!
i know right!! At least we're safe from the gun-wielding dolphins in our straw huts now!!111

shut the fuck up...

Dragonfly5338
10-10-2005, 01:23 AM

Hmm.. I knew the rain we had yesterday looked suspicious. Damn commie bastards!

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 01:24 AM
i know right!! At least we're safe from the gun-wielding dolphins in our straw huts now!!111

shut the fuck up...

If I've learned anything from the 3 little pigs it is that the straw and stick huts get blown over easily.

My recommendation would be to build something out of bricks.

Dragonfly5338
10-10-2005, 01:25 AM
If I've learned anything from the 3 little pigs it is that the straw and stick huts get blown over easily.

My recommendation would be to build something out of bricks.

Or lincoln logs.

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 01:25 AM
Hmm.. I knew the rain we had yesterday looked suspicious. Damn commie bastards!

Each rain drop had a microphone in it!

They were recording our conversations from MIR!!!!

YES THAT IS RIGHT! MIR IS BACK!

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Or lincoln logs.

Only if you use superglue to hold the logs together.

As a child I'd build lincoln log huts then run my RC car into it destroying it.

Dragonfly5338
10-10-2005, 01:27 AM
Each rain drop had a microphone in it!

They were recording our conversations from MIR!!!!

YES THAT IS RIGHT! MIR IS BACK!

Hahahhaa, but what they don't know is I'm developing an umbrella made of tinfoil to ruin their secret plans. Touché MIR!

Tbird_guy
10-10-2005, 01:28 AM
no, make an umbrella usong the shell from an armadilla, that will block them from stealing our brian waves.

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 01:29 AM
Hahahhaa, but what they don't know is I'm developing an umbrella made of tinfoil to ruin their secret plans. Touché MIR!

ACID RAIN MUCH!!!!!!!

They already thought about tin foil!

RandomGuy
10-10-2005, 01:33 AM
Only if you use superglue to hold the logs together.

they only have elmers there

Tbird_guy
10-10-2005, 01:33 AM
mmmm...elmers.

RandomGuy
10-10-2005, 01:34 AM
lol idiots this thread is serious yall turned it into a whore fest... with fuckin lincoln logs and communism... wtF?!

Dragonfly5338
10-10-2005, 01:34 AM
ACID RAIN MUCH!!!!!!!

They already thought about tin foil!

Fuck! Foiled again. (Note the witty pun ;) )

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 01:35 AM
they only have elmers there

Then the situation there is worse then previously I had previously imagined...

QUICK SOMEONE GET STAIND AND U2 TO DO A CHARITY CONCERT TO RAISE FUNDS FOR THE EARTHQUAKE/SUPER GLUE FOR PAKISTAN.

Dragonfly5338
10-10-2005, 01:35 AM
lol idiots this thread is serious yall turned it into a whore fest... with fuckin lincoln logs and communism... wtF?!

That's our plan. We've distracted you away from the real issue: The fog surrounding Georgia tonight is actually a secret cloaking device designed to infiltrate the secret lair of the capitalist pigs! Bwahahhaa!

Tbird_guy
10-10-2005, 01:41 AM
yall are some crazy folks, well, I guess I am pretty crazy myself, we are just one big happy family.

Bajjani
10-10-2005, 02:04 AM
i really dont like people who turn tragedies into jokes and then have the balls to go and try to criticize how they live or insult the fact they are poor..that obviously makes you a better person doesnt it? So because they can't afford some sturdy ass luxury home you think that its their fault? Dude your a tool it seriously pisses me off when people joke about tragedies..like you havent said one sincere fuckin thing...

I bet everyone can guess who this is directed at to

Tbird_guy
10-10-2005, 02:07 AM
seriously though, I know a lot of people from pakistan, I want to clear my statements and say that I was poking fun of the conspiracy idea, not the earthquake...I truly hope everyone there can move on with their lives and such...

and on a second note, if I offended anyone, I apologize...I meant no harm..

Bajjani
10-10-2005, 02:09 AM
wasn't referring to you and its not that i took offense to any of it i jus thinks it a douche bag thing to do...i mean..lets think bout it like this, its real simple:

You are suffering, you just lost your home and people you have grown up with know and love and many friends, and someone starts making jokes about it..

how the fuck would you feel?
(not directed at anyone in particular)

Tbird_guy
10-10-2005, 02:11 AM
I hear ya, I just got a little carried away in my ramblings, and I wanted to apologize.

RandomGuy
10-10-2005, 02:14 AM
yeah true... but i bet those asshats were just bored or something... i can tell they didn't have seriousness in their tone. They were fuckin round like idiots... Anywas back to the topic on hand... i hear the toll has raised up even more... Strange how this isn't all over the media yet. Hope well for those ppl.

Tbird_guy
10-10-2005, 02:15 AM
give it time, it will be.

Bajjani
10-10-2005, 02:16 AM
I appreciate it TBird..

And yea man, it sucks so bad. There has been so many fuckin natural disasters lately it is freaky as shit. Lemme kno if you hear a new estimate on the death count

Sh0rtys
10-10-2005, 02:17 AM
the weather seems a little crazy this pass year or 2 remember when we had like 8 hurricanes come towards the US? then the tsunamies , then katrina now te earthquake....wuts this world coming to

Tbird_guy
10-10-2005, 02:17 AM
no problem man, thanks for bringing me back to sanity, I have the other thread for randomness.

RandomGuy
10-10-2005, 02:19 AM
the weather seems a little crazy this pass year or 2 remember when we had like 8 hurricanes come towards the US? then the tsunamies , then katrina now te earthquake....wuts this world coming to
yeah i had a wierd ass email forward sent to me a while back that said "signs to doomsday" yeah i usually take these forwards for a grain of salt but DAYM... half of those shits came through... maybe a quick google will turn it up.

Sh0rtys
10-10-2005, 02:23 AM
i heard somewhere i cant remember like the myans book or greeek or somthing crazy that the tsunamies and landslides were predicted :confused:

IndianStig
10-10-2005, 02:39 AM
very sad

katrina for pakistan, but that took out that capitol

Tbird_guy
10-10-2005, 02:45 AM
I shall keep al the affected in my prayers.

The Yousef
10-10-2005, 07:35 AM
it's horrific....may God have mercy on those who perished and those affected....

...it's funny we didn't see these 'witty' comments when katrina hit....hmmmmm...makes one think

AtifSajid
10-10-2005, 08:35 AM
Also its 30,000 right now..not 80.

C22H19N3O4
10-10-2005, 02:54 PM
it's horrific....may God have mercy on those who perished and those affected....

...it's funny we didn't see these 'witty' comments when katrina hit....hmmmmm...makes one think

^^I agree. It's the generations of incest that cause Halfbaked's astute comments. Hurricanes and terrorists will not bring forth the demise of this country. I foresee only one true natural disaster that could lead to the collapse of our country..........stupidity. :rolleyes:

The Yousef
10-10-2005, 03:04 PM
^^I agree. It's the generations of incest that cause Halfbaked's astute comments. Hurricanes and terrorists will not bring forth the demise of this country. I foresee only one true natural disaster that could lead to the collapse of our country..........stupidity. :rolleyes:

well said sir...:goodjob:

Bajjani
10-10-2005, 03:59 PM
im suprised no witty comments have come back our way from him yet

mp5o
10-10-2005, 04:20 PM

Yea... Funny, huh?

SaraX5
10-10-2005, 04:44 PM
(directed to Half Baked)
obviously to people like you, you don't give a fuck unless something affects you directly. I would love to see some reactions if me or anyother middle easterner were to sit here and make jokes about Katrina and make fun of the situation. Just because you're not from there and don't know ANYTHING about the world around you nor do you care to relieve yourself from your ignorance and stupidity does not give you the o.k. to come in here and ramble with your lame ass jokes when if the tables were turned you know damn well you wouldnt make these fucking remarks. so keep your ignorance to yourself.

Undertow
10-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Man this world is falling apart. :(

99ITRGIRL
10-10-2005, 07:32 PM
i heard something about that. That's aweful! So many natural disasters happening lately.

HalfBaked
10-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Hahaha.

You all take the internet so damn serious.

I made jokes about katrina too. It lightens the whole situation for some as I know many who were definately effected by it.

But seriously, a friend of mine has family in the hospital in pakistan because of the quake. I feel bad for her.

But also, I think its funny how easy it is to make people get riled up on the internet. It gets me hard.

Dragonfly5338
10-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Please don't make Matt hard, people.

ahmonrah
10-10-2005, 07:48 PM
all i have to say, in light of the recent occurances in pakistan, is it's a tragic situation.
to those that chose to poke fun at the earthquake victims. fuck ya.
i recall sometime back in 2001, when this country lost 3,000 in a couple huge buildings, anyone that thought to crack jokes about that were propably threatened, seen as a terrorist or beat the fuck up. show some kinda compassion for the ones on this site that are pakistani and most likely still have family in the country.

ahmonrah
10-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Man this world is falling apart. :(it's simple. life as we've known it is changing. good for some, bad for others.

RandomGuy
10-10-2005, 09:50 PM
all i have to say, in light of the recent occurances in pakistan, is it's a tragic situation.
to those that chose to poke fun at the earthquake victims. fuck ya.
i recall sometime back in 2001, when this country lost 3,000 in a couple huge buildings, anyone that thought to crack jokes about that were propably threatened, seen as a terrorist or beat the fuck up. show some kinda compassion for the ones on this site that are pakistani and most likely still have family in the country.
well fuckin said

Bajjani
10-10-2005, 10:28 PM
halfbaked your a fuckin tool the internet has nothin to do with it if you said that shit to my face id blow up you there..its just fuckni immature man some things dont need to be taken lightly its that damn simple

blurred visions
10-10-2005, 11:19 PM
[SIZE=1]
i recall sometime back in 2001, when this country lost 3,000 in a couple huge buildings, anyone that thought to crack jokes about that were propably threatened, seen as a terrorist or beat the fuck up.

Not true, I do believe seeing videos of several middle eastern countries celebrating the event with a burning of the American flag. Not cool..

This event is very tragic due to the limited amount of resources they have. I was reading that operations were being done to people on soccer fields. Thats horrible..

SaraX5
10-10-2005, 11:30 PM
I, myself, am not pakistani nor am i saying it because I have family there. Regardless of i did or didnt is not the point. The point is jokes about situations such as this earthquake, the tsunami, Katrina, 9/11 are not things to joke about. I dont find any humor in people dying and losing everything they have, whether it be that they lost a mansion or a shack its peoples lives and families. Sorry that I'm not rolling on the floor laughing at your tasteless jokes.

SaraX5
10-10-2005, 11:40 PM
[SIZE=1]

Not true, I do believe seeing videos of several middle eastern countries celebrating the event with a burning of the American flag. Not cool..

I totally agree with you that that was wrong and I will say on behalf of me and 99% of all muslims that they are an extreeeeeeemely small minority that are ignorant and extremists. Because you see a minority of people of middle eastern descent doesnt mean we are all like that. Just like I don't feel all caucasian people are part of the KKK. they represent the small group of extremists and I wish that Middle Easterners and Muslims didn't have to continuously be classified for what a few of them are. But regardless this shit needs to stop somewhere. We shouldn't continue to use other peoples misfortune to humor ourselves.

blurred visions
10-11-2005, 12:53 AM
^yes but unfortunately thats the way the cookie crumbles.

AtifSajid
10-11-2005, 07:25 AM
I know that halfbaked is joking and trying to make light of the situation. Thats why I havent beat his posts to death..lol..

But its just bad that the children have to suffer. Entire schools came down while kids were in classes, and the injuries they have are horrific. My parents have the channel PTV - Pakistan TV channel, that has been showing all the damage and injuries. Most of the damage has been in Kashmir, but its wide spread. Looks like a bulldozer just squashed everything.

SaraX5
10-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Yea i know I saw that too.. I have satellite as well and theyre showing the same footage on the Persian and arabic channels as well. its the most depressing site

ahmonrah
10-11-2005, 04:57 PM
I, myself, am not pakistani nor am i saying it because I have family there. Regardless of i did or didnt is not the point. The point is jokes about situations such as this earthquake, the tsunami, Katrina, 9/11 are not things to joke about. I dont find any humor in people dying and losing everything they have, whether it be that they lost a mansion or a shack its peoples lives and families. good point, a loss of life isnt something to joke about. some people just dont care unless they are affected directly, and if that occurs they will be crying for sympathy.