PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods stance advice

HillClimbGuy
08-17-2009, 12:12 AM
Ok I have run into a little problem the stance on my rx7 is al most complete but the rear wheels are sunken in but the front is hella flush.

so I have two choices I could either adjust the camber in the back to make it flush with the body or do wheel spacers.

now the only problem with that that I have is that I know that increasing my rear tire width will cause under steer. and it is already a under steer happy ride. but if I dial in more positive camber will it make my car over steer like crazy. (it would be more controllable) I am just really stuck and don't know which to do to fix the problem

specs on my car;
FC Rx7
front and rear sway bars

tanabe gf210 springs

kyb shocks/struts

wheel size is 17x8 with 245/40/17 tires +40 off set

night sports camber arm

Me86Rob
08-17-2009, 01:23 AM
you should come to the shop this week Chris

eraser4g63
08-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Call Rob at Mainstream performance he dialed my RX-7 in a while back.

HillClimbGuy
08-19-2009, 12:19 AM
thanks for the advice guys i will try out main stam and garage zero:D :D :D

speedminded
08-19-2009, 03:10 AM
Ok I have run into a little problem the stance on my rx7 is al most complete but the rear wheels are sunken in but the front is hella flush.

so I have two choices I could either adjust the camber in the back to make it flush with the body or do wheel spacers.

now the only problem with that that I have is that I know that increasing my rear tire width will cause under steer. and it is already a under steer happy ride. but if I dial in more positive camber will it make my car over steer like crazy. (it would be more controllable) I am just really stuck and don't know which to do to fix the problem

specs on my car;
FC Rx7
front and rear sway bars

tanabe gf210 springs

kyb shocks/struts

wheel size is 17x8 with 245/40/17 tires +40 off set

night sports camber armWhat do you mean the rear is sunken in? What's the rear camber?

"Dial in" more positive camber in the front to match the sunken rear? What's the alignment specs as it sits or do you now know yet?

Dirty Octopus™
08-19-2009, 06:33 AM
+40 is too high for your car.

get spacers for the rear to match the front. if you haven't touched your camber you may not be able to adjust your camber enough to make it flush. if it's sunken in the wheel as a whole needs to be pushed out. do some measuring to determine what size spacer you'd need without having your tires rub on the quarter.

blue_lude_91
08-19-2009, 07:29 AM
+40 is too high for your car.

get spacers for the rear to match the front. if you haven't touched your camber you may not be able to adjust your camber enough to make it flush. if it's sunken in the wheel as a whole needs to be pushed out. do some measuring to determine what size spacer you'd need without having your tires rub on the quarter.

x2

you only have lowering springs, so i doubt you have much rear camber at all because youre surely not slammed. so i would guess youll need a spacer to push the wheels out.

HillClimbGuy
08-19-2009, 01:04 PM
well i ordered the spacers all ready 25mm bolt on type and if you have seen the stock rear camber on a FC RX7 it is way to much and lowering the car makes it wrost and i have adjust ment in the back but i would like to leave it where it is at for right now.

having all that - camber will help me out because i am currently running a 4.30 gear vlsd which is a PITA and acts like a open diff untill you spin on tire fast enough. and because of this i was advised to put my stock rear sway bar on the rear to help with inner tire lift and control wheel spin.

thanks for the comments:D :D :D