PDA

View Full Version : Fuck Yalls Shit, I Gotz the POWAZZ!!!

dtmcnamara
08-16-2009, 11:44 PM
4.405 on air.

Yeah it might be running a little hot but fuck it I am stable and on air at the moment, plus with extended warranties on everything who cares. Linx ran for 2 min, I also ran prime95 for 10 minutes and intelburn for 5 min with no glitches or BSOD.

Current setup

Windows 7
i7 920 oc @ 4.405
6GB OCZ 1600 9-9-9-24
1 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD (OS)
1 1TB Seagate drives
4 1TB WD drives
Thors Hammer CPU cooler w/ 2 120mm 70cfm fans
Silverstone TJ10B case
GTX 260 SSC Core 216

Going for 5.0 next week on water, waiting on the block and a few other things to come in.

civicturbo10
08-17-2009, 09:30 AM
looks like you decided to keep your setup. Good for you.... A simple yo bro not selling to u anymore.....would have been greatly appreciated. Def. gonna look at Core i7 since there on sale currently....

dtmcnamara
08-17-2009, 10:31 PM
looks like you decided to keep your setup. Good for you.... A simple i'm yo bro not selling to u anymore.....would have been greatly appreciated. Def. gonna looking at Core i7 since there on sale currently....

sorry. phone and computer have both been down. Just got a replacement from AT&T yesterday and just got the computer back up last night just long enough to post this.

Let me know if you still need anything, I will hook you up.

guinness
08-17-2009, 11:08 PM
nice!!AMD now has the X965 that runs at 3.4GHz and x17.however,you could get the same performance out of the 955 if you just flash the BIOS and set it to x17 instead of the x16 it comes stock with.don't get me wrong,the i7s are nice,but the problem with Intel is that when they issue a new CPU,it comes with a new socket as well and then when you want to upgrade from what you have to the newest chip,99% of the time you can't put the new chip on the same board,so you're left only with the options of either overclocking or adding a liquid-cooling system to keep up with the new benchmarks that they are advertizing at that time.sucks for those that don't have the money or rsources to do all the upgrades right then and there with.still,nice setup,great numbers,and great job.it says that your GPU is running hotter than it should or would like to.have you looked at getting any coolers for your GPU yet or have you thought about adding any RAM coolers to the systemas well?a buddy of mine and i had overclocked a 2.2GHz intel chip to 4.3GHz on air cooling and all we did that you haven't done is add the coolers to the parts that didn't already have a cooler attached to them.it runs steady at 4.3GHz at 42 degrees.liquid cooling got it down to at its lowest 34 degrees.wether or not he's got it liquid-cooled still or what i have no idea.for all i know,he may have just scrapped it and sold it for spare parts to those wbho were looking for extras.

600 Double R
08-17-2009, 11:14 PM
you sob. i want an i7 in the future.

dtmcnamara
08-17-2009, 11:25 PM
the problem with Intel is that when they issue a new CPU

thats what extended warranties are for...lol

break it and bring it back and build something new...lol

but truthfully I do hate Intel for the socket change, look we have another coming out in a few weeks, 1156....and guess what, we will be back to dual channel memory again...WTF!!!

O well, like I said, get a warranty and then when you want to upgrade just blow it...and replace it

VQ35 Star
08-18-2009, 04:18 AM
Do you work at micro center? Saw the s2k outside of it, shit looks super nice

guinness
08-18-2009, 09:38 AM
thats what extended warranties are for...lol

break it and bring it back and build something new...lol

but truthfully I do hate Intel for the socket change, look we have another coming out in a few weeks, 1156....and guess what, we will be back to dual channel memory again...WTF!!!

O well, like I said, get a warranty and then when you want to upgrade just blow it...and replace it

lmfao!! :lmfao: well said.that is the cheap and easy way to look at it.never though of it that way,but point well made!! :goodjob:

jorgen
08-20-2009, 04:49 PM
How is windows seven?
I'd upgrade, but one of my primary uses is recording, and my sound card only has an XP driver.

I stand corrected, it now supports Vista.
I don't even think this thing works for mac...

civicturbo10
08-21-2009, 11:43 AM
You got PM, lmk if you can help me out on those items. Back on the hunt for Core i7 components since it's on sale and in stock....

sorry. phone and computer have both been down. Just got a replacement from AT&T yesterday and just got the computer back up last night just long enough to post this.

Let me know if you still need anything, I will hook you up.

Atlblkz06
09-01-2009, 08:09 PM
I hate you... lol

Reason:
Please see my thread
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252089

Windows 7 is awesome so far. A worthy upgrade from XP. (Whats vista?)

Nex
09-02-2009, 10:22 PM
nice are you planning on SLI ?

allmotoronly
09-03-2009, 02:57 AM
Nice setup. I'm currently running an i7-940 and 8gb ram. Haven't tried OC'ing yet, I'm still breaking it in lol. Maybe in a week or so I will start adding some extra cooling units for the CPU and GPU. Let me know how your's is holding up. I may have to go with liquid cooling on mine to get what I want out of it...

dtmcnamara
09-14-2009, 06:18 AM
nice are you planning on SLI ?

yep. waiting on the ATI 5000 series or GTX 300 series to come out first...lol