PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors nra-where gun licensing leads

patrick4588
08-16-2009, 11:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkS2BRoCd2I

"In the two years following the 1997 handgun ban, the use of handguns in crime rose by 40 percent, and the upward trend has continued. From April to November 2001, the number of people robbed at gunpoint in London rose 53 percent.......And in the four years from 1997 to 2001, the rate of violent crime more than doubled. Your chances of being mugged in London are now six times greater than in New York. England's rates of assault, robbery, and burglary are far higher than America's, and 53 percent of English burglaries occur while occupants are at home, compared with 13 percent in the U.S., where burglars admit to fearing armed homeowners more than the police. In a United Nations study of crime in 18 developed nations published in July, England and Wales led the Western world's crime league, with nearly 55 crimes per 100 people."
http://www.reason.com/news/show/28582.html

BanginJimmy
08-16-2009, 04:20 PM
not a surprise at all. There is actually a pretty good case study here in the US. When Kennesaw enacted their gun ownership requirements, a city outside of Chicago went the other way and banned guns. Kennesaw's rate of home invasions and crimes involving guns dropped significantly while the other city's grew dramatically.

patrick4588
08-17-2009, 12:09 AM
yep. but somehow the anti's wont look at the past or the statistics.

BanginJimmy
08-17-2009, 05:11 AM
They think that if people turn in their legal guns then the criminals will also turn in their illegal guns.

btstone
08-17-2009, 08:19 AM
i hope the day never comes I have to shoot an asshat in my house....but im ready if i do have to

eraser4g63
08-18-2009, 09:22 PM
I wont have to shoot the ass hat in my house because my two GSDs will more than likely rip their wind pipe out. If they get past both 140lbs shepherd then I will shoot em.

Truegiant
08-18-2009, 10:34 PM
I have seen you mention in more than one thread about guard dogs. Guard dogs inside and outside a home are great animals. I will mention to you that in a couple of different carbine classes I have taken through the military we train to shoot dogs as well. Inside close quarters dogs are beasts. If there is any amount of distance between the dog and the perp (if he is trained) the dog will be dead and you will be defenseless.

Not trying to start a debate in this thread. I have just seen alot of people who solely rely on dogs for there home defense to be dissappointed in the long run.

I wish I had one of those GSD's that are trained for like 100 commands or whatever. They are definately neat animals.

eraser4g63
08-18-2009, 11:08 PM
I fully understand the limitations of dogs, but at the same time they are a great asset inside the home as you stated. I am actually going this week to purchase two handguns one for me and one for the wife ( she currently shoots ipda with her father and is scary accurate). So the GSDs are far from our only line of defense. I also heard the new thing to do is actually taze the k-9, it's becoming fairly regular.sorry for the tread jack, and thanks for the heads up.