PDA

View Full Version : I Got Owned Last Night...By Teh Coppers

Elbow
08-15-2009, 06:44 AM
So I went to test drive an E36 I am buying. RIGHT when I pulled out, blue lights came ablaze. I am like awwww shit. So I pull over, the cop walks to the car, and just looks at me...

"I'm just test driving it officer I JUST pulled out."

"Yeah but that doesn't mean you don't have to have registration and have insurance." -Cop

"I wouldn't know if it does, it's not my car."

The cop walked to get the VIN and is like it's covered up, this isn't good, then is all sir step out of the car to the curb.

I call the owner and he brings the title and comes and talks to the cop, the cop is being a dick the whole time. The owner never transferred titles, so legally nobody had ownership there. The owner explains it's been in his garage getting a swap since he bought it. The cop says.

"Well that's nice, you can pick it up from impound on Monday."

The owner fights and fights and the cop finally says well do you want to pay for a recker to tow it back home, the owner is like...yeah...but can't we push it or drive it two feet? :lmfao: The cop says no he can't do that.

He writes me a ticket for no insurance BUT I HAVE A POLICY. He said if I go to court and give the judge my policy dated that date, it will be a-otay. He totally thought I was BS'ing about having one. I said I could get him a policy number, anything, he just rolled his eyes and laughed.

So we wait for like an hour, get it towed two feet, $100....yayy!

What a night! I mean the cop was right legally, it could have been worse I guess, he could have at least been nice about it. ;)

End story. :gay:

ALVIN
08-15-2009, 06:52 AM
so are you or are you not buying the car?

MongolPup
08-15-2009, 07:02 AM
What motor is in the car?

Elbow
08-15-2009, 07:02 AM
A 2.8 M52.

Julio
08-15-2009, 07:25 AM
That cop was being a total douche if your info is correct.. lol

Funny though..

Elbow
08-15-2009, 07:30 AM
That cop was being a total douche if your info is correct.. lol

Funny though..

My info is correct, no lie! He was just trying to make it all hard lol, he could have just said ok take the car back, but noooo. :lmfao:

Oh well, I guess the county needs money.

MongolPup
08-15-2009, 07:35 AM
That motor came in early E36's and Z3's? Is it the same in both? Sorry, I'm not as well versed in BMW compared to other automakers.

Double_0_Rusty
08-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Athens-Clarke County PD can suck it...they are total douches. I told one "fuck off you pansy ass slut, and you need to go suck your boyfriends cock or something...." when I was downtown a few weeks ago.....

Leadfoot_mf
08-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Athens-Clarke County PD can suck it...they are total douches. I told one "fuck off you pansy ass slut, and you need to go suck your boyfriends cock or something...." when I was downtown a few weeks ago.....
holy shit dude you are hard. remind me to never fuck with you.

EM1toEVO
08-15-2009, 09:23 AM
^Rusty is the real deal!

Simon, that sucks about getting hassled by the ACCPD, but it honestly doesn't suprise me. Are you still getting the car?

Vteckidd
08-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Should have gotten his badge number and recorded the convo with your cell phone.

If you have insurance on another car , you are covers legally for up to 30 days on you're new car. The title issue is bullshit too cause all your friend had to say was the title was lost and he just received it

Take it to court a d fight it IMO make the cop have to show up

Leadfoot_mf
08-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Should have gotten his badge number and recorded the convo with your cell phone.

If you have insurance on another car , you are covers legally for up to 30 days on you're new car. The title issue is bullshit too cause all your friend had to say was the title was lost and he just received it

Take it to court a d fight it IMO make the cop have to show up
like he wont be at court any way for all the other bullshit tickets he wrote. i bet he is glad he didn't give you a ticket perry mason.lol

DynamicSound
08-15-2009, 10:22 AM
That's that bullshit.

WTF?
08-15-2009, 10:45 AM
cops = :gay:

Elbow
08-15-2009, 12:38 PM
This was in Gwinnett, not Athens.

I can't wait for court lol, I already have all my paperwork ready, and a bad ass lawyer even though he's probably not needed but he will come along anyway.

DieselNuts
08-15-2009, 12:44 PM

I can't wait for court lol, I already have all my paperwork ready, and a bad ass lawyer even though he's probably not needed but he will come along anyway.
What was his reasoning for pulling you over in the first place? They legally can't pull you over for no reason.

Elbow
08-15-2009, 12:53 PM
What was his reasoning for pulling you over in the first place? They legally can't pull you over for no reason.

No tag I guess, he walked to the car and stared at me until I spoke. :screwy:

DieselNuts
08-15-2009, 12:54 PM
That's weird. He never told you why he pulled you over?

Elbow
08-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Nope, not until I said...I'm test driving it, then he said I don't care doesn't mean you don't have to have registration and insurance.

DieselNuts
08-15-2009, 01:52 PM
hmmm.....I would plead not guilty, then bring that up when it goes to trial. Did it at least have a dealer tag?

Elbow
08-15-2009, 02:51 PM
hmmm.....I would plead not guilty, then bring that up when it goes to trial. Did it at least have a dealer tag?

No, used car, it's all good, it's not even my car, I have insurance, I won't get anything.

Frög
08-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Cops go by the book, and can't seem to veer from it.. That's what pisses me off.. Use a little common sense and let these guys park the car back..

NEMO
08-15-2009, 03:04 PM
damn that sucks.

should have just released the E brake and bumped the car:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

DynamicSound
08-15-2009, 03:06 PM

Gwinnett has nothing better to do. I used to think Marietta/Cobb County was bad. There are so many Gwinnett County cops out there that they have nothing to do, but to mess with people. At my store, I see an average of 15 people pulled over daily and 90% of time they get let go with no tickets. One cop will pull someone over and then 4 more will show up and just sit around.

Elbow
08-15-2009, 03:11 PM
He told me they are low on officers and out of money so they need every dime they can get.

speedminded
08-15-2009, 04:04 PM
ALWAYS have a bill of sale written up and dated within the past 30 days if you're driving a car without a tag or registration. It's complete stupidity not to. Simply keeping a typed bill of sale in the glove box with the date line blank is the best way, then if you get pulled over date it accordingly before handing it over. Nothing can be said about the car if it was purchased within the last 30 days and insurance can be found on the computer under the drivers name & license number, not just the car.

Even a hand written bill of sale on a napkin with a crayon would have prevented the $100 fee. :2cents:

Common Sense 1
Driver & Car Owner 0

DynamicSound
08-15-2009, 04:07 PM
He told me they are low on officers and out of money so they need every dime they can get.

Low on officers my ass. They need to come borrow from the precincts on Jimmy Carter and on Satellite Blvd north of Pleasant Hill...I see more cops in those areas near those precincts then I see anywhere I drive.

Frög
08-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Low on officers my ass. They need to come borrow from the precinct on Jimmy Carter and Satellite Blvd...I see more cops in those areas near those precincts then I see anywhere I drive.

Yeah, seriously! I just got pulled over at that light right there getting on 85 North..

Atlblkz06
08-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Wow what a bitch...

UpSideDownDesi
08-15-2009, 05:33 PM
lol next time tell the owner to write a new bill of sale every 30 days if he plans on keeping the car untitled.

matthewAPM
08-15-2009, 05:35 PM
I would have fired off a few rounds and then :burnout:

amandDA
08-15-2009, 05:43 PM
that sucks! the cop must have had a really bad wedgie or something else up his ass

Double_0_Rusty
08-15-2009, 06:29 PM
holy shit dude you are hard. remind me to never fuck with you.

no homo