Starrfire
08-15-2009, 10:59 AM
maybe yall can shine some light my direction
i have heard alot about people using a GSR block with LS crank and pistons
i heard it has longer stroke

if this was a good idea i was gonna try that with CTR pistons and a GSR head

please give opinions
im begging for help

I've just about got all my stuff together for my other gsr. I've got an Ls crank and rods with pr3 pistons, CTR would be too high compression for the most part. I believe you may have to bend the oil squirters to clear the pistons since they come down slightly further. I've got a lot of good toys for it, but since it is my dd hatch, I'm not getting too crazy with it, my other hatch is for that...

Superslow95
08-15-2009, 11:11 AM
thank i appreciate your opinion and advice

anyone else

all-mota
08-15-2009, 12:04 PM
yes you can do it but i would stay away from the ctr pistons you can make just as much power with jdm b16 pistons or type r's. you also do have to bend the oil squirters out of the way or just remove them all together and plug the holes

Superslow95
08-15-2009, 12:09 PM
thanks

ok lets say i do a B16 block crank and rods with CTR pistons and a worked GSR head am i gonna run into any clearance issues there

Crimson[b16]
08-15-2009, 03:20 PM
thanks

ok lets say i do a B16 block crank and rods with CTR pistons and a worked GSR head am i gonna run into any clearance issues there

c speed racings website has a good compression calculator. check that out so you can make sure you can run pump gas

chameleon30038
09-17-2009, 08:37 PM
golden eagle makes oil squirter plugs.....so they got ya covered in that regards :goodjob: