PDA

View Full Version : Sports VICK is an EAGLE!!

Mchnhead2k5
08-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Vick gets to visit Atlanta December 6th.

I wonder what Donovan McNabby thinks.

zspeed24
08-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Glad someone picked him up

BKgen®
08-13-2009, 07:48 PM
McNabb is a better QB than Vick ever dreamed about being.... Mike will be lucky to start on special teams. At least he'll be able to run. Lord knows he can't throw for shit.

BKgen®
08-13-2009, 07:49 PM
ps - i hate his guts.

FlipKing
08-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Well, you probably hate the world considering you drive a bannana. :-p Wonder what kind of money he got.

BKgen®
08-13-2009, 07:59 PM
lolol... i don't hate the world. but i've never liked Vick.

ps - i love my banana.

pps - so does your mom :ninja:

*runs*

FlipKing
08-13-2009, 08:04 PM
You just ran from a guy that drives a miata....Ouch....

cjhutch
I'm happy for the guy. I hope he takes this second chance and makes the best of it. He's playing for my second favorite team so that works out well. If he puts together a couple of good years people will ignore his past indiscretions. It's going to be nice watching him play again because he is truly a joy to watch when he's at his best.

tony
Vick with the Eagles is an interesting fit, now the Eagles have insurance when Mcnabb inevitably gets injured. You now have a team with a very good quarterback and an explosive athlete that can throw the ball as well, put them on the field together along with Desean Jackson and you have a field that is hard to cover defensively.

This would have been the problem for defenses had Vick gone to the Patriots, you have Brady in the pocket picking the D apart, a wildcat type offense with Vick opens up the field and then you have receivers that are on par. Its still sinking in with me but I think this will be an interesting year for the Eagles.

yerrow
08-13-2009, 08:17 PM
already got my tickets for the game

OG-Skinny
Not to mention the Falcon's Salary Cap just went through the roof.

cjhutch
Well, you probably hate the world considering you drive a bannana. :-p Wonder what kind of money he got.

His deal is for 2 years and he gets $1.6mil the first year with a $5.2mil option for the second.

81911SC
08-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Vick with the Eagles is an interesting fit, now the Eagles have insurance when Mcnabb inevitably gets injured. You now have a team with a very good quarterback and an explosive athlete that can throw the ball as well, put them on the field together along with Desean Jackson and you have a field that is hard to cover defensively.

This would have been the problem for defenses had Vick gone to the Patriots, you have Brady in the pocket picking the D apart, a wildcat type offense with Vick opens up the field and then you have receivers that are on par. Its still sinking in with me but I think this will be an interesting year for the Eagles.I would have had serious issues if the Pats signed him. Buuuut, we don't need his ass. Pats are a class act, not a Vick type.

ueyedgr8tness
08-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Vick gets to visit Atlanta December 6th.

I wonder what Donovan McNabby thinks.

trust me there family he probley got vick the deal in the first place:)

ATL86
08-13-2009, 09:22 PM
I would've almost bet money that he'd end up in Oakland. Al David has a reputation for hiring idiots out of Atlanta, anyways...(see DeAngelo Hall)

Can't wait to see the reception he gets at the dome.

He'll see special teams and wildcat formation play. I doubt he'll be competing for the back-up QB spot.

tony
08-13-2009, 09:35 PM
I would have had serious issues if the Pats signed him. Buuuut, we don't need his ass. Pats are a class act, not a Vick type.

Yes I'm certain that is why they picked up Randy Moss, or spying on other teams.

ATL86
08-13-2009, 09:38 PM
^They signed Donte Stallworth and he killed a guy!

81911SC
08-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Yes I'm certain that is why they picked up Randy Moss, or spying on other teams.Look at Moss now versus then and if you don't think any other team doesn't you're in denial.

yerrow
08-13-2009, 10:58 PM
dec.6 willl quite possibly be a primetime game!

atlxpat
08-14-2009, 01:15 AM
thank god falcons vs eagles are a part of my 5 game ticket package
its pretty ironic that he got picked up by the eagles, we were pretty big rivals in 04-05 seasons and now hes on the bench behind mcnabb lol

dwnsthGABOY
08-14-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm happy for the guy. I hope he takes this second chance and makes the best of it. He's playing for my second favorite team so that works out well. If he puts together a couple of good years people will ignore his past indiscretions. It's going to be nice watching him play again because he is truly a joy to watch when he's at his best.

I'm happy for him too and I really hope he makes the best of this opportunity. IMO, philly is the best team for him to go to given his situation. As an organization they can really serve as a strong support group for Vick and help him stay on the right track. Vick can learn so much from Reid and Mcnabb. I kind of already have an idea of how the philly fans are gonna act towards Vick. But Mcnabb knows all too well what it's like to be unappreciated and not wanted by the fans so naturaly, Mcnabb can help/teach Vick to deal with this also. It's gonna be a great season. I'm a Vick fan, been one ever since his days at V-Tech, and I am really happy he has been given a second chance. I thinks he deserves it.
Can't wait til madden 2011 comes out! :cheers:

AirMax95
08-14-2009, 08:38 AM
already got my tickets for the game

Same here, field level too!

I would have had serious issues if the Pats signed him. Buuuut, we don't need his ass. Pats are a class act, not a Vick type.

LMAO.......no.

VIP Style
08-14-2009, 10:57 AM
any fans that all of a sudden quit becoming fans because of vicks signing were never fans in the first place. peta says they are disappointed in vicks signing, wtf for? it seems that peta is more for seeing him fail than seeing him succeed in his efforts to help youth and himself.

AirMax95
08-14-2009, 11:09 AM
PETA is on a publicity ride right now. I went to the site and read the blog comments. Yeah, maybe they should try a little more forgiving as opposed to hatred. They now hate the NFL and Eagles, lol.

Why aren't they outraged that people who murder and torture people aren't all given the death penalty? That would equate thier mindset. Hell, at least offer solution as opposed to just saying "he shouldnt ever play again and be a public shame forever".

Cunts.....

cjhutch
08-14-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm not a fan of PETA at all. I understand being passionate about something, but during his trial those people turned into hateful demonstrators. The worst part was they had their kids out there holding signs and saying things like "I hate Vick" and other things a kid should never say. I really think he has the opportunity for redemption.

By the way McNabb and Vick in the backfield is really scary. They can split him out and run some crazy reverse plays or play action fake. Westbrook is a great back that can also catch. Think about this play:

Vick splits out with Mcnabb in the shotgun and Westbrook to his right. Vick goes in motion and they hike the ball. Vick comes around and D-Mac can either hand it off or fake it. All the while Westbrook is coming out of the back field into the flats with Vick on the other side running a route. That leaves the middle of the field wide open for McNabb to kill the defense over the middle or dump it off.

AirMax95
08-14-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm not a fan of PETA at all. I understand being passionate about something, but during his trial those people turned into hateful demonstrators. The worst part was they had their kids out there holding signs and saying things like "I hate Vick" and other things a kid should never say. I really think he has the opportunity for redemption.

Good points. There is no need to spread, or teach, hate to children. They are creating a mockery of what the organization stands for. Vick payed his debt to society, judged by his peers, and served his time. His lesson has hopefully been learned, and now he moves on to live a better life off the field.

I am confident that the Eagles family, along with Tony Dungy and others, will ensure he gets the support he needs. A soft side of me wishes all criminals, to a certain extent, could get the support to turn their lives around. We would surely have a better society.

HalfBaked
08-14-2009, 11:37 AM
I would've almost bet money that he'd end up in Oakland. Al David has a reputation for hiring idiots out of Atlanta, anyways...(see DeAngelo Hall)

Can't wait to see the reception he gets at the dome.

He'll see special teams and wildcat formation play. I doubt he'll be competing for the back-up QB spot.
Why wouldn't be competing for the back up position?

Who is the Eagles back up?

Kevin Kolb??

Who just got hurt...

Kevin Kolb.

I think there is an opening for backup spot behind McNabb.

With Vick, Maclin, Jackson, and Lesean McCoy the eagles can be as explosive as anyone else in the league.

ueyedgr8tness
08-14-2009, 12:11 PM
I am a vick fan and i wanted him in atl for a wr:(

BanginJimmy
08-14-2009, 02:13 PM
no one actually pays attention to PETA, especially not respectable animal rights groups like ASPCA.

I knew Vick would be signed this year, but I figured it would be a team like oakland, or my pick, Denver. I NEVER saw him getting signed with Philly and I never saw him getting this type of money. I do find it ironic that his first year deal is the exact same money the UFL offered though. I expected a base salary in the 600k range that is loaded with incentives to max out at around 2mil.

Eagles just dont fit for Vick though. He will miss the first 6 games of the year, which means more than half of the games in good weather. Vick isnt a good passer in good weather and Ryan Leaf quality in less than perfect weather. I also know for a fact that the Eagles have one of the most feverish, and unpleasant, fan bases in the country. Remember, these are the same fans that pelted Santa with snow and ice balls.
Playing time will be an issue also. The only way he throws a pass is if McNabb is down and Kolb is out of the game. Kolb is by far a better passer than Vick ever was. That leaves Vick as the #3 QB and therefore inactive come game time. The only way he gets in the game is if they bench McNabb and Kolb. Great deal for Vick until it gets cold, but after that, he will sit on the sidelines for 3 hours and try to keep his place warm.

BanginJimmy
08-14-2009, 02:15 PM
I am a vick fan and i wanted him in atl for a wr:(

Why would you want him as a WR, he probably catches even worse than he throws. Ryan was a better QB from day 1 than Vick ever way or will be so he definitely wouldnt beat out Ryan for QB either.

AirMax95
08-14-2009, 02:24 PM
no one actually pays attention to PETA, especially not respectable animal rights groups like ASPCA.

I knew Vick would be signed this year, but I figured it would be a team like oakland, or my pick, Denver. I NEVER saw him getting signed with Philly and I never saw him getting this type of money. I do find it ironic that his first year deal is the exact same money the UFL offered though. I expected a base salary in the 600k range that is loaded with incentives to max out at around 2mil.

Eagles just dont fit for Vick though. He will miss the first 6 games of the year, which means more than half of the games in good weather. Vick isnt a good passer in good weather and Ryan Leaf quality in less than perfect weather. I also know for a fact that the Eagles have one of the most feverish, and unpleasant, fan bases in the country. Remember, these are the same fans that pelted Santa with snow and ice balls.
Playing time will be an issue also. The only way he throws a pass is if McNabb is down and Kolb is out of the game. Kolb is by far a better passer than Vick ever was. That leaves Vick as the #3 QB and therefore inactive come game time. The only way he gets in the game is if they bench McNabb and Kolb. Great deal for Vick until it gets cold, but after that, he will sit on the sidelines for 3 hours and try to keep his place warm.

If I recall, the goal wasn't for him to be an immediate impact as a QB, or even competing for the spot. This is his "rehab" to get back in the swing of things. To me, the Eagles are doing more for Vick than paying him money to fill a spot. They are giving him the opportunity to be an athelte again. McNabb said it himself, he lobbied for him to come there for a fresh start at a good home. Vick also realizes his role and goals for this first season.

With the personal, staff, and structure the Eagles have, I say Vick got the best deal he could have. If he would have went to a team that needed him as a starting QB, he would have been terrible.

atlxpat
08-14-2009, 02:53 PM
i liked vick but i dont want him anywhere near the falcons franchise. those days are in the past, i hope the best for him.
we're a legit threat in the nfl now

Turbo Terrance
08-14-2009, 07:13 PM
MY HONEST OPINION.... Vick will only see play time for a lil bit, or if My boi McNabb gets injured but eagles will be making back to the NFC champs again and hopefully the SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

ueyedgr8tness
08-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Why would you want him as a WR, he probably catches even worse than he throws. Ryan was a better QB from day 1 than Vick ever way or will be so he definitely wouldnt beat out Ryan for QB either.

well i liked vick because ATL sucked and i had full season tickets for yr's and never went untill vick played.I figured hey if were going to loose anyway we might as well go see a good show of ppl trying to run him down and him playing juke master down the field:yes: Ryan is a good QB but has no where near the speed of vick and u guy's will start to see more sacked RYan if our line sucks this yr:tongue1:

cjhutch
08-14-2009, 10:41 PM
MY HONEST OPINION.... Vick will only see play time for a lil bit, or if My boi McNabb gets injured but eagles will be making back to the NFC champs again and hopefully the SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

You don't pay a guy $1.6 mil for limited playing time. Not to mention there is the second year option of $5.2mil. A potential 6.8mil over two years means the guy is going to get some playing time and they want him to produce.

DownSouthGB
08-14-2009, 11:23 PM
The Eagles are gonna get rid of McNabb pretty soon. We all know he's not producing like he used to. He gets injured like 2 out of 3 seasons. Michael Vick on the other hand got injured bad once. I'm not saying Vick is gonna beat him out of a job right this year but I think by this time next year Vick is gonna be Philadelphia's franchise player.

And PETA just needs to get over this bullshit. The man lost enough time and money on this that he can never get back. He said he was sorry and did his time, end of story.

Firefightin_tC
08-14-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm surprised this one of the few Vick-Threads I've read over the internet that have been actually educated.

FlipKing
08-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Mcnabb still produces. Vick will just be a wildcat, trick plays, we are beating the so and so by 100 lets let vick play player.

pbstarr1
08-15-2009, 03:03 PM
ps - i hate his guts.
Dang man, can you say get the cock out of your a*#!!! You are a hater:lmfao:

sogood
08-15-2009, 05:06 PM
The Eagles are gonna get rid of McNabb pretty soon. We all know he's not producing like he used to. He gets injured like 2 out of 3 seasons. Michael Vick on the other hand got injured bad once. I'm not saying Vick is gonna beat him out of a job right this year but I think by this time next year Vick is gonna be Philadelphia's franchise player.

And PETA just needs to get over this bullshit. The man lost enough time and money on this that he can never get back. He said he was sorry and did his time, end of story.

Right... That's why they restructured his contract this summer to pay him more money. Not to mention he's been adamant about staying in Philly for his entire career.

koukis14
08-15-2009, 06:19 PM
any fans that all of a sudden quit becoming fans because of vicks signing were never fans in the first place.

I'm pissed but I am still a fan. I stood with them through that cock bag T.O. but atleast he was talented.

VIP Style
08-15-2009, 09:39 PM

dude i think you are just a vick hater. there is no way in hell that a unproven kolb is going to beat out a proven vick, its just absurd, why do you think mcnabb lobbied to get vick in as soon as kolb went down? reid himself said vick was one of the best QB's in the game, and you gonna tell me reid doesnt know what he is talking about? man please, you dont know what you are talking about.

quickdodge®
08-15-2009, 10:11 PM
I'll start by saying I'm glad he's back on the field. He, as well as most anyone, should be allowed to continue his career. I do think the extra games suspension is wack, but it is what it is. I'm not a "rider" of Vick, but I do think he is talented by far. I like watching him play as he does create excitement. A great quarterback? Fuck no he isn't. A good QB? I don't think he is. I think he definitely CAN be. And I hope he does succeed.

Above, I said "as well as most everyone." I say that because of Donte Stallworth. Given the sentence he got in court, I think he should be banned from playing in the NFL ever again.

a proven vick,

Lolol. Later, QD.

VIP Style
08-15-2009, 10:20 PM
I'll start by saying I'm glad he's back on the field. He, as well as most anyone, should be allowed to continue his career. I do think the extra games suspension is wack, but it is what it is. I'm not a "rider" of Vick, but I do think he is talented by far. I like watching him play as he does create excitement. A great quarterback? Fuck no he isn't. A good QB? I don't think he is. I think he definitely CAN be. And I hope he does succeed.

Above, I said "as well as most everyone." I say that because of Donte Stallworth. Given the sentence he got in court, I think he should be banned from playing in the NFL ever again.

Lolol. Later, QD.
lmao yes QD, a proven playmaker. look here my friend, if vick was not a good or decent QB, than how come there was more than one team after him? because he sucks? hell no, reid knows that he can develope something more in vick, as for now i know he will be donovans backup, just watch.

BanginJimmy
08-16-2009, 12:06 AM
lmao yes QD, a proven playmaker. look here my friend, if vick was not a good or decent QB, than how come there was more than one team after him? because he sucks? hell no, reid knows that he can develope something more in vick, as for now i know he will be donovans backup, just watch.

Yea because the Raiders and the Bengals, the only 2 others that made an offer, are such great franchises.

Vick is an outstanding athlete and he brings alot of excitement to a game, but he is NOT a proven anything other than thug. His passing ability is lacking, as is his ability to read a defense. The only thing he has going for his as a QB is his arm strength.

Mchnhead2k5
08-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Vick has arm strength and that's about it right now. I wonder how much speed he actually still has after not being around the game for the past 2? years?

TIGERJC
08-16-2009, 01:00 AM
I love how you so called football ppl call him a sorry qb b/c he brought a new dimension to the game when it came to a qb. Was he the best, hell no but he was a special passer as he can bring linebackers and or cornerbacks to spy him freeing up the middle for the te and making it easier for wr to get open. Some people can't see talent b/c he is not a conventional QB, shit reminds like the movie semi-pro when the alley hoop was introduced. I think if vick didn't go to jail, he would be true threat as he would have learned the new offense well enough to hurt teams with his arm and by now the wr would be developed which they're now. I hope the man is able to get back to his life, and all you ppl still whining about the dog abuse need to move on as he did his time. I still think he shouldn't spent more than 30 days for the dog fighting, also the gov't felt the same way b/c they got him for the money and the illegal organization.

BanginJimmy
08-16-2009, 02:29 AM
I love how you so called football ppl call him a sorry qb b/c he brought a new dimension to the game when it came to a qb.

I love how Vick apologists are trying to re-write history. Vick is an outstanding athlete, that is all. He is called a sorry QB because he is a sorry QB.

Was he the best, hell no but he was a special passer

If you want to call a retard special, then yes, you can call Vick a special passer. Other than that, his assets end at a strong arm.

as he can bring linebackers and or cornerbacks to spy him freeing up the middle for the te and making it easier for wr to get open.

And he still couldnt pass that 55% completion mark or manage 2 winning seasons in a row. I think that tells volumes about him. He was ALWAYS throwing into zone coverages or single coverage and all but 1 year of his career he threw for below the league average in percentage .

Some people can't see talent b/c he is not a conventional QB,

There are a lot of unconventional QB's in the league. You can call Tom Brady and Payton Manning unconventional as they play in a system that is VERY close to a college spread.

When people see Vick, they see an athlete playing QB, they dont see a QB that is also an athlete.

shit reminds like the movie semi-pro when the alley hoop was introduced. I think if vick didn't go to jail, he would be true threat as he would have learned the new offense well enough to hurt teams with his arm and by now the wr would be developed which they're now.

No he wouldnt. He would be exactly the same as he has been the last 4 seasons he played. Judging by how quickly those same receivers matured last year with Ryan throwing, I would say that they were being held back by the QB and not the other way around.

I hope the man is able to get back to his life, and all you ppl still whining about the dog abuse need to move on as he did his time.

As do I. I think the NFL should enact a rule that requires a lifetime ban for any player convicted of a felony while on an NFL roster, but since that rule is not in place, Vick should be allowed to play as long as there is a team that is willing to pay him.

I still think he shouldn't spent more than 30 days for the dog fighting, also the gov't felt the same way b/c they got him for the money and the illegal organization.

He didnt serve a day for dog fighting so I would say he got off pretty easy on that count. The feds wanted to make an example. Maybe the US Atty was a dog lover or maybe he was a Vick hater. Dont know, dont care. You do the crime you do the time.

quickdodge®
08-16-2009, 06:46 AM
I love how you so called football ppl call him a sorry qb b/c he brought a new dimension to the game when it came to a qb. Was he the best, hell no but he was a special passer as he can bring linebackers and or cornerbacks to spy him freeing up the middle for the te and making it easier for wr to get open. Some people can't see talent b/c he is not a conventional QB, shit reminds like the movie semi-pro when the alley hoop was introduced. I think if vick didn't go to jail, he would be true threat as he would have learned the new offense well enough to hurt teams with his arm and by now the wr would be developed which they're now. I hope the man is able to get back to his life, and all you ppl still whining about the dog abuse need to move on as he did his time. I still think he shouldn't spent more than 30 days for the dog fighting, also the gov't felt the same way b/c they got him for the money and the illegal organization.

Are you that much in love with the man that you can't see reason? In so much love that every single negative thing said about Vick sets you off? The only negative I said about Vick is that he is not a great QB. I DID say he had a shitload of talent. I DID say that he had the makings to be a very good (if not great) QB. I DID say that I'm glad to see him back in the game and that he should not have to have that 4 game suspension. I'm not looking or thinking about the "conventional" part of it. I'm just looking to see an all around good QB for a team. You mentioned he had a "special" knack for getting WRs and TEs open on the field. You're completely right, but what good is that when he can't get the ball to them or he just ups and runs trying to be the hero.

I think the time served was just fine. More time would have been way too much and less time wouldn't have been enough.

Proven playmaker. Ok. I thought you meant proven QB. Carry on, then, lolol. As far as more than one team after him, technically you can say that because there were more than one team, but don't act like it was half the NFL. And quit putting text into my keyboard. I never said he sucked. Even at QB I don't think he sucks. He's just not the QB you're making him out to be. And lastly, how do you know that Vick will be the back up? Are you a part of the Eagles' organization and know something set in stone that no one else here knows? No one knows anything. Not even the Eagles.

I hope he does become back up. I hope he improves as a QB. I hope that McNabb can be a good teacher for Vick to learn from to be an all around good QB.

You see, I watched Vick play just about every game when he was with the Falcons. I couldn't wait until Sunday so I could see what he would do that week. So I'm not a Vick "hater" (as you guys like to put it). I'm just seeing it for what I think it is.

But all the "bickering" about his future is in futility if you really think about it. He's been out of the game for a minute now and it will be a test to see what he can bring back to it. Let's just sit back and watch and see. Later, QD.

tony
08-16-2009, 08:55 AM
32 starting QB's in the League and I have to believe Vick even in his current state is better than one of them. Brady even said it himself that he wishes he could get a year off (as he did) to not have to take the kind of hits a NFL QB takes throughout the season, Vick has that. Rusty? Yes he definitely will be but once he gets back up to speed I think he will be just as good if not better than he was before, and he is in the right place with McNabb who made a similar transition from running to passing.

quickdodge®
08-16-2009, 09:24 AM
32 starting QB's in the League and I have to believe Vick even in his current state is better than one of them. Brady even said it himself that he wishes he could get a year off (as he did) to not have to take the kind of hits a NFL QB takes throughout the season, Vick has that.

I don't know how to respond to this because I don't really understand what you said.

Rusty? Yes he definitely will be but once he gets back up to speed I think he will be just as good if not better than he was before, and he is in the right place with McNabb who made a similar transition from running to passing.

If he learns, and then plays, the true role of the QB, I think he will become a much, much better QB. Later, QD.

VIP Style
08-16-2009, 10:50 AM
lol man some of you are putting too much thinking into this(bangin jimmy) you always say vick cant read a defense and all that mess, well how has he been able to complete a pass? or become a starter? yeah every qb has overthrown passes, but you seem to ignore the fact that some of those passes not being completed is not all his fault(wr drops, o line collapse). bottom line, these ball clubs know and have seen alot more to vick than we will which is why he is signed. its common sense, it doesnt take all these paragraphs, vick is signed because he is a good qb, and has potential to be better.

quickdodge®
08-16-2009, 10:55 AM
vick is signed because he is a good qb, and has potential to be better.

Perfect statement. +80-something. Later, QD.

atlxpat
08-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Yea because the Raiders and the Bengals, the only 2 others that made an offer, are such great franchises.

Vick is an outstanding athlete and he brings alot of excitement to a game, but he is NOT a proven anything other than thug. His passing ability is lacking, as is his ability to read a defense. The only thing he has going for his as a QB is his arm strength.
yes. thats exactly why the eagles signed him...for his arm strength. of course.

VIP Style
08-16-2009, 11:08 AM
I love how Vick apologists are trying to re-write history. Vick is an outstanding athlete, that is all. He is called a sorry QB because he is a sorry QB.

If you want to call a retard special, then yes, you can call Vick a special passer. Other than that, his assets end at a strong arm.

And he still couldnt pass that 55% completion mark or manage 2 winning seasons in a row. I think that tells volumes about him. He was ALWAYS throwing into zone coverages or single coverage and all but 1 year of his career he threw for below the league average in percentage .

There are a lot of unconventional QB's in the league. You can call Tom Brady and Payton Manning unconventional as they play in a system that is VERY close to a college spread.

When people see Vick, they see an athlete playing QB, they dont see a QB that is also an athlete.

No he wouldnt. He would be exactly the same as he has been the last 4 seasons he played. Judging by how quickly those same receivers matured last year with Ryan throwing, I would say that they were being held back by the QB and not the other way around.

As do I. I think the NFL should enact a rule that requires a lifetime ban for any player convicted of a felony while on an NFL roster, but since that rule is not in place, Vick should be allowed to play as long as there is a team that is willing to pay him.

He didnt serve a day for dog fighting so I would say he got off pretty easy on that count. The feds wanted to make an example. Maybe the US Atty was a dog lover or maybe he was a Vick hater. Dont know, dont care. You do the crime you do the time.
lol ok so just because one has enough common sense to realize vick is not a sorry qb, their all of a sudden a history rewriting apologists?dude just get over it, if the man is good, than it is what it is.

BanginJimmy
08-16-2009, 11:28 AM
yes. thats exactly why the eagles signed him...for his arm strength. of course.

As a QB what else does he have going for him? He had a well below league average passer rating ever year he started. He was well below league average in completions in every year he started.

Now, as an athlete, he has a lot going for him. He's fast, elusive, and given the benefit of being lined up at QB, he has the rules protecting him. That is a very dangerous combination.

BanginJimmy
08-16-2009, 11:39 AM
lol ok so just because one has enough common sense to realize vick is not a sorry qb, their all of a sudden a history rewriting apologists?dude just get over it, if the man is good, than it is what it is.

You keep saying he isnt a sorry QB, yet you have nothing to back it up. Dont cop out with receivers either.
Joey Harrington managed a 61% completion rate in 10 starts.
In 2 starts Leftwich managed 55%
In 7 Starts Redman manged 59%.
(Judging by the number of games these numbers include preseason and come off the NFL website)

All of these QB's had the same receivers as Vick did, yet all of them managed to complete more passes in a worse situation than Vick ever had. No, they didnt score as many TD's, but lets not mistake any of these QB's for actual NFL starters either.

I think you need to start looking for some common sense. Vick was exciting, nothing more. As a QB, he was far below the league average in every statistic.

VIP Style
08-16-2009, 12:51 PM
You keep saying he isnt a sorry QB, yet you have nothing to back it up. Dont cop out with receivers either.
(Judging by the number of games these numbers include preseason and come off the NFL website)

All of these QB's had the same receivers as Vick did, yet all of them managed to complete more passes in a worse situation than Vick ever had. No, they didnt score as many TD's, but lets not mistake any of these QB's for actual NFL starters either.

I think you need to start looking for some common sense. Vick was exciting, nothing more. As a QB, he was far below the league average in every statistic.
lol wow, vick was able to set his team up with more scoring opprotunity, but herrington, redman, and leftwhich are better although they didnt win vicks starting job, so your telling me that vick is sorry compared to those three although vick was the last qb to get atl within one game of the superbowl? man stats are nothing when you have nothing to show for it, coaches, teams, and everybody knows vick was good because he could make a few plays that could put your team over the tóp for a win, then again he could lose you a few as well.

1000cckiller
08-16-2009, 01:00 PM

Yo dipstick it was more than three teams looking at him. Philly denied being interested, and then look they signed him.

1000cckiller
08-16-2009, 01:05 PM

Yo sir are a hater, He was 38-21 as a starter which is above 500. He had three different head coaches, which in turn brings new OC in. The receivers dropped so many passes they all should have been cut. He won the Falcons more games with his legs that, they wouldn't have won if he had relied on those sorry as receivers.

BanginJimmy
08-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Yo sir are a hater, He was 38-21 as a starter which is above 500. He had three different head coaches, which in turn brings new OC in. The receivers dropped so many passes they all should have been cut. He won the Falcons more games with his legs that, they wouldn't have won if he had relied on those sorry as receivers.

Those same sorry receivers that all the sudden became 1000yd receivers after immediately Vick was gone?

So he was 38-21, with only 1 playoff season and 3 seasons with a winning record.

2001 7-9 record
2002 9-7
2003 5-11
2004 11-5 lost in NFC Champ
2005 8-8
2006 7-9

Outside of 1 season that the Falcons did very well, Vick is a below .500 QB.

As I have said several times. Vick is an outstanding athlete, but he is a well below average QB. If I need a score in the 2 minute drill, I can think of several back-up QB's I would put in the game before Vick.

quickdodge®
08-16-2009, 07:37 PM
As I have said several times. Vick is an outstanding athlete, but he is a well below average QB.
You can say that until Honda Civics are considered bad ass tuner cars and it will always fall on deaf ears, man. I agree completely, but even though you put in a positive comment on Vick, the folks that help Vick live and breathe will only see the negative part of it. The only way they'll be happy with you is if you concede that Vick is the next Fran Tarkenton or Brett Favre or any other great quarterback the game has ever seen. Later, QD.

VIP Style
08-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Those same sorry receivers that all the sudden became 1000yd receivers after immediately Vick was gone?

So he was 38-21, with only 1 playoff season and 3 seasons with a winning record.

2001 7-9 record
2002 9-7
2003 5-11
2004 11-5 lost in NFC Champ
2005 8-8
2006 7-9

Outside of 1 season that the Falcons did very well, Vick is a below .500 QB.

As I have said several times. Vick is an outstanding athlete, but he is a well below average QB. If I need a score in the 2 minute drill, I can think of several back-up QB's I would put in the game before Vick.
everybody knows those same receivers were still catching for vick, but they were less developed which meant more incompletions. im not saying you can put all the blame on them, but hell even last season ryan had 7 dropped passes in one game. and didnt vick break his leg when the falcons went 5-5? man just quit hatin on vick, he good, and the nfl knows it. lol gtfo trying to say herrington is better than vick, boy please.

quickdodge®
08-16-2009, 08:10 PM
he good, and the nfl knows it.

I think the NFL "thinks" he's good because he's good at bringing in money with his flair. Not because of his QB "skills." They like him for the entertainment value. And now especially that he's trying to make a comeback folks are going to be watching him for sure. Even the folks that talk trash about him will watch him; if for nothing else but to see him (possibly) fail. But the networks/stadiums won't care if you like him or not, you pay to see him is all that matters to them.

My opinion, ya know. You see where I'm at, VIP? Later, QD.

FlipKing
08-16-2009, 08:38 PM
I wouldnt let Joey harrington QB my highschool team. Just saying....

BanginJimmy
08-16-2009, 09:19 PM
everybody knows those same receivers were still catching for vick, but they were less developed which meant more incompletions. im not saying you can put all the blame on them, but hell even last season ryan had 7 dropped passes in one game. and didnt vick break his leg when the falcons went 5-5? man just quit hatin on vick, he good, and the nfl knows it. lol gtfo trying to say herrington is better than vick, boy please.

So Vick has these receivers and they do nothing but drop passes, then just as soon as he leaves they are all the sudden far more developed than when Vick was there. As I said, Vick apologists are simply re-writing history to match what they want to see.

Yes, Ryan had a few games with several dropped passes, yet still managed 61% completions. 8 points higher than Vick did for his career.

Yes Vick was out with a broken leg in the 5-11 season. I forgot to remove that season. Funny that I should do that considering I was at the game he broke his leg.

Why should I quit hating on him? I actually have facts and stats to show why I think of him as a bad QB. You are simply slobbering on his nuts.

Why should I not say Harrington is a better passer? All of his stats say he is.

I will repeat again. Vick has a strong arm, and thats the extent of his NFL QB talents. Everything else is simply athletic ability and he is approaching 30, which is getting old for an NFL player.

TIGERJC
08-16-2009, 09:19 PM
someone that doesn't fit a certain mold is consider a horrible player even though he was able to do his part in getting the W

BanginJimmy
08-16-2009, 09:22 PM
someone that doesn't fit a certain mold is consider a horrible player even though he was able to do his part in getting the W

The only people that say that are the ones throwing around personal insults. Just look through the last page or so to see which side that is coming from.

DemonEyez
08-16-2009, 10:35 PM
wait wait wait. did someone say something about the pats being a class act? /scratch head. I guess we can overlook cheaters and smug assholes just to call ourselves bandwagon fans.

VIP Style
08-17-2009, 10:31 AM
man my issue is this, QD you know damn well herrington is not a better QB than vick! if he was so much better at passing or getting a win, then how come he didnt win vicks starting position?
I think the NFL "thinks" he's good because he's good at bringing in money with his flair. Not because of his QB "skills." They like him for the entertainment value. And now especially that he's trying to make a comeback folks are going to be watching him for sure. Even the folks that talk trash about him will watch him; if for nothing else but to see him (possibly) fail. But the networks/stadiums won't care if you like him or not, you pay to see him is all that matters to them.

My opinion, ya know. You see where I'm at, VIP? Later, QD.

VIP Style
08-17-2009, 10:49 AM
you keep trying to throw all these stats and facts, you say that the same receiving core vick had all of a sudden had 1,000 yard seasons as soon as he left. well jenkins has not even come close, finneran has not even had a 1000 yard season, but he came close when vick was playing. alge crumpler came close as well when vick was the QB. crumpler had 877 in 05, and 780 in 06. when vick went down, crumpler only recorded 477 in 07! roddy white was pretty much the only receiver that started doing pretty well. so dude, just quit playa hating. vick is back, rather you like it or not, and most likely our falcons will not win more than the eagles this year. lol and another thing, herringtons stats say he is a better QB right? obviously stats dont mean as much as you wish they did because if so, herrington would not be riding the bench, but he would be starting for the atlanta falcons.
So Vick has these receivers and they do nothing but drop passes, then just as soon as he leaves they are all the sudden far more developed than when Vick was there. As I said, Vick apologists are simply re-writing history to match what they want to see.

Yes, Ryan had a few games with several dropped passes, yet still managed 61% completions. 8 points higher than Vick did for his career.

Yes Vick was out with a broken leg in the 5-11 season. I forgot to remove that season. Funny that I should do that considering I was at the game he broke his leg.

Why should I quit hating on him? I actually have facts and stats to show why I think of him as a bad QB. You are simply slobbering on his nuts.

I will repeat again. Vick has a strong arm, and thats the extent of his NFL QB talents. Everything else is simply athletic ability and he is approaching 30, which is getting old for an NFL player.

Kelly
08-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Who the F cares who the better QB was... etc? Vick was talented and has potential to be even better- regardless of who he's playing for. Wish him good luck (since he paid his time), and move on. And wish Matty even better luck. ;) :goodjob: I'm super excited to see what we can do this year!

VIP Style
08-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Who the F cares who the better QB was... etc? Vick was talented and has potential to be even better- regardless of who he's playing for. Wish him good luck (since he paid his time), and move on. And wish Matty even better luck. ;) :goodjob: I'm super excited to see what we can do this year!
hmph thanks, real talk though, i dont see our defense doing much for us this season. i doubt we even make the playoffs.

quickdodge®
08-17-2009, 07:22 PM
man my issue is this, QD you know damn well herrington is not a better QB than vick! if he was so much better at passing or getting a win, then how come he didnt win vicks starting position?

I never said anything about Herrington.

And the Falcons have been picked by a few sportscasters to win their division. I hope they're right. Later, QD.

DownSouthGB
08-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Joey Harrington is his name. Not Herrington. I was confused about who you guys were talking about lol.

And I think QD is right in some way about it being a kind of media stunt for them to bring in some fans and some haters. I also think that they should let him start 2 or 3 games this season, not just the preseason, to see how he responds to the fans and the pace of the game.

quickdodge®
08-17-2009, 08:04 PM
I also think that they should let him start 2 or 3 games this season, not just the preseason, to see how he responds to the fans and the pace of the game.

I don't think that will happen at all. Unless dire circumstances dictate otherwise. Philadelphia is slated to be the team to beat this year and I doubt (hope) that Reid won't risk the team's chances just to see what reaction he would get with Vick in there. If the team were Detroit, that would be one thing. But the Eagles have a lot to lose if they try publicity/media stunts. It's notr like they need to fill the stadium, you know. Later, QD.

americanctm
08-17-2009, 08:17 PM
And I think QD is right in some way about it being a kind of media stunt for them to bring in some fans and some haters. I also think that they should let him start 2 or 3 games this season, not just the preseason, to see how he responds to the fans and the pace of the game.

What!? I totally disagree with this. Donovan McNabb is the face of that organization. He IS their quarterback, and a damned good one. He may not have won a Superbowl yet, but Dan Marino never won one and he wasn't that bad. If they take McNabb out (without him being injured) and start Vick it will create a huge division in that lockeroom just like when T.O. was there, except probably worse. That is a HUGE mistake if they even consider doing that. I'm sure they will have some plays for him to run in some type of Wild Cat formation, and even that will cause some controversy, because McNabb is a better QB than Vick in all aspects.

VIP Style
08-17-2009, 11:12 PM
What!? I totally disagree with this. Donovan McNabb is the face of that organization. He IS their quarterback, and a damned good one. He may not have won a Superbowl yet, but Dan Marino never won one and he wasn't that bad. If they take McNabb out (without him being injured) and start Vick it will create a huge division in that lockeroom just like when T.O. was there, except probably worse. That is a HUGE mistake if they even consider doing that. I'm sure they will have some plays for him to run in some type of Wild Cat formation, and even that will cause some controversy, because McNabb is a better QB than Vick in all aspects.
vick is just the eagles insurance policy for mcnabb. i been watching the NFL network, and showed live clips of vick taking snaps at qb. coaches saying they are impressed with him so far at the throws he is making.

Kelly
08-18-2009, 09:38 AM
hmph thanks, real talk though, i dont see our defense doing much for us this season. i doubt we even make the playoffs.

As QD already said, we're picked to win our division... :dunno:

VIP Style
08-18-2009, 10:24 AM
we may be picked, but that doesnt mean much. last year we werent even suppose to make playoffs, but we did. predictions are really nothing more than...predictions, just what you "think" should happen. i see carolina or new orleans taking nfc south.
As QD already said, we're picked to win our division... :dunno:

1000cckiller
08-18-2009, 11:14 AM

The only developed reciever is Rody White. The rest still bite, falcons will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. Don't ever throw falcons stats up, because they make the playoffs one year, and then don't for the next three.

BanginJimmy
08-18-2009, 05:20 PM
The only developed reciever is Rody White. The rest still bite, falcons will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. Don't ever throw falcons stats up, because they make the playoffs one year, and then don't for the next three.

Vick was never able to do it either, so that makes him just as bad as any other falcons QB. I will go a step further and say White is the only returning receiver that is really NFL quality. I really wish the Falcons would sign Marvin Harrison to a 2 ear contract. He would be an excellent mentor for White and take that #1 WR pressure off of him.

BTW, I do think the Falcons goto the playoffs this year. They have a very ahrd schedule, especially compared to last year, but if they can stay healthy they should win the South with around a 9-7 record. I think they go 4-4 through the first half of the season then finish 5-3.

Spectic Tank
08-18-2009, 05:43 PM
I really wish the Falcons would sign Marvin Harrison to a 2 ear contract. He would be an excellent mentor for White and take that #1 WR pressure off of him.

Tony G will take the pressure off...

Michael Jenkin's and Marvin Harrison's stats were very similar last year, I don't see how that would make any sense. Especially when they just recently signed Ferguson and Booker.

BanginJimmy
08-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Jenkins and Harrison's numbers were the same last year, but look to previous years. Harrison has lost a step but he is still better than any receiver on Atlanta's roster right now.

I also agree that Gonzales will take some pressure off White, but I think his real purpose will be to take pressure off of Ryan. To give him that safety valve receiver.

Spectic Tank
08-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Harrison has lost a step but he is still better than any receiver on Atlanta's roster right now.

:lmfao:

BanginJimmy
08-19-2009, 05:23 AM
:lmfao:

Are you actually going to try to tell me that you think Roddy White is a better receiver than Marvin Harrison? There isn't a comparison between the 2. Even down a step harrison is far superior.

Spectic Tank
08-19-2009, 08:37 AM
Are you actually going to try to tell me that you think Roddy White is a better receiver than Marvin Harrison? There isn't a comparison between the 2. Even down a step harrison is far superior.

You got any stats to back that up? or are we just making ridiculous statements? I believe you meant to say that he 'used' to be better than any receiver on our team. Now, that he's lost a step, he is comparable to our #2 WR.

FlipKing
08-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Agreed. If Harrison could still put up 1400 yards and around 10 tds I think someone wouldv'e signed him by now. Harrison hasnt been more than a number 2 guy in around... 4 years or so. The colts have been reggie waynes for a while.

BanginJimmy
08-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Agreed. If Harrison could still put up 1400 yards and around 10 tds I think someone wouldv'e signed him by now. Harrison hasnt been more than a number 2 guy in around... 4 years or so. The colts have been reggie waynes for a while.

Harrison has been hurt more lately but his production is still there. It is VERY hard to compare stats on players from different teams though. In Indy you had Wayne, Gonzales, and Clark that were also catching a lot of balls. In Atlanta you had no one else of any consequence.

Spectic Tank
08-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Harrison has been hurt more lately but his production is still there. It is VERY hard to compare stats on players from different teams though. In Indy you had Wayne, Gonzales, and Clark that were also catching a lot of balls. In Atlanta you had no one else of any consequence.

Injuries happen often...when you're old.

It obviously wasn't very hard for you to conclude that Marvin Harrison is better than all of the Falcons receivers.

And I could say that Harrison plays in a Pass-Heavy offense with one of the best QB's in the game. Roddy White spends most of his time blocking, and helping the Falcons with the 2nd best run offense in the NFL last year. We could argue back and forth, OR we could just look at the stats and see which player is better. In the end it all comes down to what you do on Sunday...or Monday.

VIP Style
08-20-2009, 10:37 AM
exactly, Bangin likes to throw up all these stats, but just because your stats look good, doesnt necessarily translate to automatic wins every sunday or monday. bangin you say that the same receiving core vick had all of a sudden had 1,000 yard seasons as soon as he left. well jenkins has not even come close, finneran has not even had a 1000 yard season, but he came close when vick was playing. alge crumpler came close as well when vick was the QB. crumpler had 877 in 05, and 780 in 06. when vick went down, crumpler only recorded 477 in 07! roddy white was pretty much the only receiver that started doing pretty well. so dude, just quit playa hating. vick is back, rather you like it or not, and most likely our falcons will not win more than the eagles this year. lol and another thing, herringtons stats say he is a better QB right? obviously stats dont mean as much as you wish they did because if so, herrington would not be riding the bench, but he would be starting for the atlanta falcons.
Injuries happen often...when you're old.

It obviously wasn't very hard for you to conclude that Marvin Harrison is better than all of the Falcons receivers.

And I could say that Harrison plays in a Pass-Heavy offense with one of the best QB's in the game. Roddy White spends most of his time blocking, and helping the Falcons with the 2nd best run offense in the NFL last year. We could argue back and forth, OR we could just look at the stats and see which player is better. In the end it all comes down to what you do on Sunday...or Monday.