PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods 92 cx hatch headers

alpine_aw11
08-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Basically I just want to know if d16 headers are compatible, when I look up headers it will mention every model but the CX and I don't want to waste my time getting something that doesn't fit. Mine is stock with the cat attached to it basically, and then theres another cat added on after it. They're both gutted and it sounds like shit so I'm going to redo the whole system with no cat.

speedminded
08-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Basically I just want to know if d16 headers are compatible, when I look up headers it will mention every model but the CX and I don't want to waste my time getting something that doesn't fit. Mine is stock with the cat attached to it basically, and then theres another cat added on after it. They're both gutted and it sounds like shit so I'm going to redo the whole system with no cat.Maybe you should try looking for a header instead.

alpine_aw11
08-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Maybe you should try looking for a header instead.

It's called grammar son, in that application it's ok to say headers. It's plural. Thanks for the help.

j0nbunklah0m
08-12-2009, 08:13 PM
It's called grammar son, in that application it's ok to say headers. It's plural. Thanks for the help.

haha reps for the ownage. i knew someone was going to come in and say that stupid shit:cheers:

BlackDubs
08-12-2009, 08:59 PM
^ What he said.

It gets pretty annoying when people reply back with dumb remarks, rather than trying help out with an answer.

But to answer your question. Most 92-00 D series header are compatible.

If there is a difference. It will most likely be the bracket on the bottom, not bolting up. But it will still work, with minimal to none modification needed.

goodluck:goodjob:

BlackDubs
08-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Heres a picture of a DC header that I found on here fs (by EJ1soSlo) , its to show you how D series are compatible. It says that it will fit 92-95 Civics/96-00 Civics/92-97 Del Sol. So you should be good with any header you choose.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee223/JDM_EK4/Shot6.jpg

alpine_aw11
08-12-2009, 11:06 PM
The bracket on the bottom isn't an issue, the whole stock system will be gone so as long as the HEADER bolts up to the head it will be worked out. And on that box it doesn't say cx, that's what I've run into with every one I looked at. Fuck it though I'll try one out. Thanks guys.

Vteckidd
08-12-2009, 11:26 PM
IIRC doesnt the CX have the cat in the header up top, or was that only the EKs?

alpine_aw11
08-13-2009, 01:00 AM
IIRC doesnt the CX have the cat in the header up top, or was that only the EKs?

Yes it does.

edit-in case you didn't catch it, I'm not looking for an OEM replacement style header. The test pipe will be fitted about the same place it would be on a non-cx model.

Turbodude06
08-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Yep it will fit just fine, I did the same thing on my 96 and 97 DX's.... U really should wait though before putting it on, cause it will bolt up to ur factory cx exhaust but there is such a size difference that u won't be able to run a header gasket.... So before u do it, buy the test- pipe and catback exhaust, and just put it on all at once.

speedminded
08-13-2009, 10:38 AM
haha reps for the ownage. i knew someone was going to come in and say that stupid shit:cheers:Tards taking it seriously lolol!

The 92-95 CX, DX, and VX headers are all compatible. The CX is a D15B8 and the DX/LX's D15B7 header will fit on it. The same should apply for the VX's D15Z1 header.

alpine_aw11
08-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Tards taking it seriously lolol!

The 92-95 CX, DX, and VX headers are all compatible. The CX is a D15B8 and the DX/LX's D15B7 header will fit on it. The same should apply for the VX's D15Z1 header.

I'm not upset. It's just hard to tell the difference between the douchebags and the guys that joke around.

alpine_aw11
08-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Yep it will fit just fine, I did the same thing on my 96 and 97 DX's.... U really should wait though before putting it on, cause it will bolt up to ur factory cx exhaust but there is such a size difference that u won't be able to run a header gasket.... So before u do it, buy the test- pipe and catback exhaust, and just put it on all at once.

That's the plan, everything goes on at once.

Thanks everyone.

Truegiant
08-13-2009, 09:12 PM
be prepared to buy a resonator or you will have that horrible honda drone sound..