PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods what gauages are you running?

patch515
08-10-2009, 11:02 PM
so im about to install my turbo and i am in need of gauges and was wondering what all gauages are people running on there cars and how are they working? brand,type ETC...

Z0_o6
08-10-2009, 11:05 PM
if you can afford them, defi's are gonna be one of the better options. they can datalog, peak recall, warnings, the whole nine yards

LordZed
08-10-2009, 11:05 PM
you need a boost guage, wide band AF guage, and a FPR. You can also run an EGT guage if your feeling froggy. Brands just depend on your taste, just dont go too cheepo

Z0_o6
08-10-2009, 11:08 PM
FPR? you mean a fuel pressure gauge? i'm gonna say a oil pressure gauge would be first over that. the most common setups i see include boost, oil pressure, and a wideband A/F. you can include fuel pressure, oil temp, and EGT as well, as they all are important parameters to monitor.

patch515
08-10-2009, 11:29 PM
ok sooo whats good resonable price brands? i know the aem uego wideband is the best wideband you can get for the price and its 200$ well so ive heard...but for boost and oil pressure which i figured were my other 2 whaat are good priced brands? autometer?

LordZed
08-10-2009, 11:31 PM
FPR? you mean a fuel pressure gauge? i'm gonna say a oil pressure gauge would be first over that. the most common setups i see include boost, oil pressure, and a wideband A/F. you can include fuel pressure, oil temp, and EGT as well, as they all are important parameters to monitor.

well I ment a fuel pressure regulator, but yeah were talking guages. Oil pressure as well, forgot about that one. but you gott tune that fuel pressure or your gonna hate life

Z0_o6
08-11-2009, 04:55 PM
well I ment a fuel pressure regulator, but yeah were talking guages. Oil pressure as well, forgot about that one. but you gott tune that fuel pressure or your gonna hate life

yeah but generally an adjustable fuel pressure regulator has a gauge on it, it's a set and forget item. he was asking about just gauges. :goodjob:

B18c1Turboed
08-11-2009, 07:04 PM
I run Oil presure , water temp , A/f and tach. Everything else i just look at the data log. Thats for my drag car.

On my street i just run oil and a/f and boost. No need to really have more.

LordZed
08-11-2009, 07:19 PM
yeah but generally an adjustable fuel pressure regulator has a gauge on it, it's a set and forget item. he was asking about just gauges. :goodjob:

This is true :) The Aeromotive ones are good

miro_gt
08-11-2009, 09:01 PM
wideband and boost gauge is all you need.

then put tire pressure, humidity, and girlfriend mood gauges

Bruce Leroy
08-12-2009, 11:03 AM

No need for a fpr on an ep... its returnless

Axix23
08-12-2009, 11:44 AM
so im about to install my turbo and i am in need of gauges and was wondering what all gauages are people running on there cars and how are they working? brand,type ETC...

You have an ep3? If so, no need for any gauges. Kpro with your laptop is your gauges :) a/f, boost, voltage, water, iat, knock level, knock count, tps, load, cam angle, and etc...

Turbodude06
08-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I've always ran autometer gauges:crazy:

eraser4g63
08-12-2009, 02:42 PM
All you need is a boost gauge. If you would like to purchase an A/F ratio gauge ( wide band) I would recommend one(Though I do not have one). If you get it tuned properly ( IE-Dyno) then you should be alright.

-S Double C-
08-12-2009, 05:00 PM
wideband,boost gauge,oil pessure gauge and my lap top :)

LordZed
08-12-2009, 05:46 PM
No need for a fpr on an ep... its returnless

EP? I could act like I know, but then I wont learn anything :D Im sure once you say it I'll know exactly what your talking about

Bruce Leroy
08-12-2009, 10:48 PM
EP? I could act like I know, but then I wont learn anything :D Im sure once you say it I'll know exactly what your talking about

EP3 is his chassis code. His car, like most newer hondas, have a returnless style fuel system, so there is no way to hook up a fpr..... Unless he converts to a return style system. Which isnt to hard to do. but usually not necessary unless you are going big.

LordZed
08-13-2009, 06:24 AM
I was thinking thats what it ment, thanks! Im not well versed in Honda speak per say :crazy:

trini_gsr
08-13-2009, 06:35 AM
boost gauge and narrowband a/f (basically worthless, it came with the car), that's it. one of these days i will swap the narrowband out for an oil pressure gauge tho. those 2 are the only ones you really NEED in a boosted car IMO once it's tuned.

jmmx258
08-13-2009, 10:19 AM
I ran an Autometer boost gauge. Chipped the ECU myself. Ran a downloaded tune which was mildly close to my set up. Threw in an NGK AFX wideband. Street tuned it with a friends lap top.

Ran 14psi on my B20. The motor still runs :) I just don't have it anymore.

cjhutch
08-13-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm using a ScanGauge II that I currently have for sale. *Shameless plug* it monitors what your OBD sends out so for me I'm reading boost, IAT, Oil Pressure, and Short Term Fuel Trim. I'm switching to a laptop setup in order to store information and review full run playback. It's more expensive, but it's what I want.

JKOBD
08-13-2009, 09:22 PM
boost, oil, fuel pressure and wideband in my car.

Drummerboy
08-13-2009, 10:48 PM
AEM Wideband, Glowshift Boost, Dakota Digital Oil pressure. Soon to have Emange Ultimate for storing info btw.

patch515
08-14-2009, 10:55 AM
thanks for all in the info guy...im figuring the aem wideband although i hate the price...and srti boost and oil pressure...now i have to find the pod to hold them i really dont want the long one across the side i want something on my dash or somewere but cant find one anywere for my car.

LordZed
08-14-2009, 11:39 AM
See if the WRX dash pod's will work. Also, JC Whitney had universal dash pod's IIRC

kte324
08-16-2009, 10:34 AM
The most important gauges, I think, is a wideband and boost gauge. I use plx.