PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors Caught a Man Eating Shark

TheSnail
08-10-2009, 07:02 PM
My parents just bought a beach house in ClearWater Florida so I went to check it out last week. The first night I went and caught a stingray with a net. The second day, I used the net to catch minnows and tried them out right at dusk. The locals said there was all kind of things out at the sandbar but advised me not to go out there at dusk since there were sharks and I was using live bait. So I swam out to the sandbar anyway. While going out there, I cut the shit out of my big toe on a seashell shuffling my feet for stingrays. So now I was out there bleeding in the water out at the sandbar. I tried to bury my toe in the sand to conceal the blood, though Im not sure if that helped as literally 2min out there I caught this massive man eating shark. Despite its size it was pretty fucking strong. Im not too sure what kind it is, but after looking at the different types of sharks around those parts, I think it is a Bull Shark. The next few days I caught a bunch of different fish and lots of catfish, but did not catch anymore sharks since I was too scared to swim out to the sandbar a dusk like I foolishly did the first night. Anyway, here is the monster. I don’t think it’s a record holder but it might be. Let me know what kind of shark yall think it is.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/Voya_with_shark_August_5_2009.jpg?t=1249947008

EmminoDaGreat
08-10-2009, 07:04 PM
beast!

TheSnail
08-10-2009, 07:09 PM
beast!

Thanks, prior to catching it, I watched it topple a jetski and devoured the poor guy. Hence all the blood around its mouth.

Danny
08-10-2009, 07:33 PM
lol awesome!

quickdodge®
08-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Lolol! Funny shit. And cool.

Here's a pic of a shark that I caught back in 1985 or so. Later, QD.

TheSnail
08-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Lolol! Funny shit. And cool.

Here's a pic of a shark that I caught back in 1985 or so. Later, QD.

Nice. What kind of shark was it? Looks similar. Though 1985? Damn, I didn't even know sharks existed back then. ;)

MachNU
08-10-2009, 09:10 PM
looks like a nurse shark. pretty common to catch near the shores and at that size!

ranger250x
08-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Looks more like a lemon shark(still eats people though). Very common through out all of Fl. coast

Edit found pic of lemon

TheSnail
08-10-2009, 09:20 PM
looks like a nurse shark. pretty common to catch near the shores and at that size!

^^^ Thats what I thought at first too. I think its nor a Nurse shark or a bull shark.

TheSnail
08-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Looks more like a lemon shark(still eats people though). Very common through out all of Fl. coast

Never heard of a lemon shark before. I'll google it, see how it compares.

choiiiiiiiii
08-11-2009, 03:57 PM
sand shark. caught them plenty up in delaware off the piers...strong bastards indeed. lol at the comments of it being a bull shark/lemon shark...:thinking:

mocha latte cupcake
08-11-2009, 03:59 PM
shark shark.

MachNU
08-11-2009, 06:04 PM
sand shark. caught them plenty up in delaware off the piers...strong bastards indeed. lol at the comments of it being a bull shark/lemon shark...:thinking:

LOL being wrong. Sand sharks eyes are more to the top of there heads, this ones eyes are on the side. Its either going to be a nurse shark or a lemon shark.

j0nbunklah0m
08-11-2009, 07:03 PM
hahahaha that was pretty funny. how did u catch it?? witha net?

Nang
08-11-2009, 07:45 PM
....:locked:

AyO Deebo
08-11-2009, 07:47 PM
yeah probably a silky

quickdodge®
08-11-2009, 09:44 PM
LOL being wrong. Sand sharks eyes are more to the top of there heads, this ones eyes are on the side. Its either going to be a nurse shark or a lemon shark.

Exactly. Not a sand shark. Later, QD.

TheSnail
08-12-2009, 12:00 AM
When I got back to the house that night, I looked up the types of fish in the gulf. There were about ten sharks I saw. The closest I found was a nurse shark or a bull shark. The nurse shark looked tan/brown, while the bull shark was the same color as my grey/blue (lighting in the picture makes it look grey/tan). I did not see a lemon shark out of the different species in the gulf, though I think that's what it might have been as it resembled the nurse shark though was closer to the greyish blue that mine was. All in all, I think it is a lemon/nurse shark, though I will continue telling the GF its a bull shark to make my catch sound more fearsome and deadly to humans. She already called her friends to tell them I caught the most aggressive type of shark, so I cant go and tell her now it was a lemon/nurse shark. She doesn't need to know about sharks to grasp that Bull/Tiger is a much more fearsome sounding name than a Lemon/Nurse. So to her I'll just continue calling my Lemon a Bull.

MachNU
08-12-2009, 09:03 AM
When I got back to the house that night, I looked up the types of fish in the gulf. There were about ten sharks I saw. The closest I found was a nurse shark or a bull shark. The nurse shark looked tan/brown, while the bull shark was the same color as my grey/blue (lighting in the picture makes it look grey/tan). I did not see a lemon shark out of the different species in the gulf, though I think that's what it might have been as it resembled the nurse shark though was closer to the greyish blue that mine was. All in all, I think it is a lemon/nurse shark, though I will continue telling the GF its a bull shark to make my catch sound more fearsome and deadly to humans. She already called her friends to tell them I caught the most aggressive type of shark, so I cant go and tell her now it was a lemon/nurse shark. She doesn't need to know about sharks to grasp that Bull/Tiger is a much more fearsome sounding name than a Lemon/Nurse. So to her I'll just continue calling my Lemon a Bull.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :goodjob:

man
08-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Never caught a shark but I caught this 90 lb Barracuda about 6 years back. This thing was a beast and tried to pull me off the boat, lol

B18c1Turboed
08-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Caught a few weeks ago in Gulf shores AL.

nsany(atl)
08-14-2009, 08:12 PM
why no catch and release for something that small

Master Shake
08-15-2009, 12:39 PM
LOL being wrong. Sand sharks eyes are more to the top of there heads, this ones eyes are on the side. Its either going to be a nurse shark or a lemon shark.agreed.

the nurse shark at full size is no where near the danger of a lemon shark. the lemon tends to have a lot higher chance to attack people than a nurse. its also rated one of the top sharks in the world as the most dangerous.

shark week FTW!

preferredduck
08-16-2009, 02:23 AM
lemon shark more than likely, i used to live in the keys and the lemons would come up to the shallows to feed at night and they love hiding under docks too.

Frög
08-16-2009, 06:23 AM
I love sharks.. I scuba dived 5 feet away from lemon sharks, blue sharks, silver tip, etc.. etc.. Such beautiful creatures..

sam.car
08-16-2009, 11:18 AM
I caught this fancy creature once..he started to flip the second before this picture was taken.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/npor/iPhone101.jpg

boostedb16
08-23-2009, 01:31 AM
why no catch and release for something that smallbecause that is one more saved leg from having teeth marks in it lol.