PDA

View Full Version : NASA Hotlanta Challenge Photos

DGPhotoz
08-09-2009, 11:01 PM
These are photos I took on Aug-09-2009 at the NASA Hotlanta Challenge.
I found out about the event late, so these photos were taken between 11:30 am and 3:30 pm.

If your car was in the event and want a High Resolution photo of you or your car from this gallery,
E-Mail me at [email protected]

http://www.dgphotoz.com/nasa_gallery/nasa/index.html (http://www.dgphotoz.com/hotlanta_nasa/index.html)

man
08-09-2009, 11:07 PM
nice pics but please get a new gallery program

Me86Rob
08-09-2009, 11:16 PM
this is the car pics section....not the link to car pictures section

DGPhotoz
08-09-2009, 11:23 PM
yeah, I'll try something different tomorrow, when I have some time. Except I have a lot of photos to post and any other way it would take entirely too long.

Elbow
08-10-2009, 10:43 AM
It was HOTTTT.

matthewAPM
08-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Outside of the heat it was awesome!

Elbow
08-10-2009, 01:17 PM
No pics from the Parade Lap Race? Intense battle between that CRX and BMW.

matthewAPM
08-10-2009, 02:56 PM
^LMAO!!!!!! Yo simon, get on facebook...

chuck
08-10-2009, 07:28 PM
was def HOTTTT as hell...had tons of fun though, hoping you got a couple of my car!?

...was running with de1 sat and de2 sunday

DGPhotoz
08-10-2009, 08:44 PM
The new link is

http://www.dgphotoz.com/nasa_gallery/nasa/index.html

I'll try to see how I can get the better pictures on here.

I guess I'll have to upload them to another site and get the link from there.

Unless any of you guys can tell me how I can get the link from my website to make it work on here.

speedminded
08-10-2009, 09:13 PM
The new link is

http://www.dgphotoz.com/nasa_gallery/nasa/index.html

I'll try to see how I can get the better pictures on here.

I guess I'll have to upload them to another site and get the link from there.

Unless any of you guys can tell me how I can get the link from my website to make it work on here.Need to update original post...

DGPhotoz
08-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks

İhris
08-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Great picts!

matthewAPM
08-11-2009, 12:48 PM
awesome pics.

I wonder if cameron got any good ones? lol

imports
08-11-2009, 12:48 PM
this is the car pics section....not the link to car pictures section

x2 :taun:

matthewAPM
08-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Great picts!

how was the event for you?

İhris
08-11-2009, 01:57 PM
how was the event for you?

I had a lot of fun! they moved me up to HPDE-2 and ran solo on sunday which was cool...

didnt really have any problems with the car other than shitty tires caused me to be real loose and slow towards the afternoon when it hit 95 degrees.

can't wait until December, hopefully will have some slicks on some spare rims that i can throw on there and some Hawk HPS pads or something.

I think a big reason for being slow was also the heat and lack of sleep... slept in Chucks passenger seat friday night (which really sucked) while they slept in a van.

Can't wait until CMP in november... finally get to take on a new track! :D

Elbow
08-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Chris, I will be out there on track in December. FINALLY.

I was up there Friday and saw you, I was at 7 you drove by when the Vette was in the wall, I couldn't get a second to motion you lol. I have a CRX right now.

İhris
08-11-2009, 02:10 PM
i remember seing you! (didnt know it was you though) I was just driving around killing time. That vette hit the wall real hard too.

i originally thought you were working T6... i kept seeing an E30 at 6 and was thinking you had an E30.....

Elbow
08-11-2009, 02:14 PM
I did have an E30, but got rid of it.

İhris
08-11-2009, 02:16 PM
I did have an E30, but got rid of it.

:doh: just saw your thread in the WL too. thats too funny. ur like me, go through cars like pairs of shoes lol

Elbow
08-11-2009, 02:19 PM
:doh: just saw your thread in the WL too. thats too funny. ur like me, go through cars like pairs of shoes lol

Yeah I've gone through a lot lately lol, will probably keep this CRX for a while, it has potential.

İhris
08-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah I've gone through a lot lately lol, will probably keep this CRX for a while, it has potential.

that would be a great track car! Solar Velocity was running a CRX with B18C in DE3/4 for awhile.... i think he runs in TT now that he got his comp license last weekend.

He is turning some quick times at RA, and when we were at CMP back in April he was chasing a Viper for 5-6 laps.

Elbow
08-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Yeah this one has a B18, LSD tranny, coilovers, and some other things, I am about to order a cage I think and parting the interior.

matthewAPM
08-11-2009, 02:53 PM
I had a lot of fun! they moved me up to HPDE-2 and ran solo on sunday which was cool...

didnt really have any problems with the car other than shitty tires caused me to be real loose and slow towards the afternoon when it hit 95 degrees.

can't wait until December, hopefully will have some slicks on some spare rims that i can throw on there and some Hawk HPS pads or something.

I think a big reason for being slow was also the heat and lack of sleep... slept in Chucks passenger seat friday night (which really sucked) while they slept in a van.

Can't wait until CMP in november... finally get to take on a new track! :D

Yeah, I was with simon saturday and was there sunday as well. LOTS of wrecks on saturday.

Yeah, go after some D-force LTW's or Kosei K1's and some hawk HT-10 pads.

Me and simon are going to TRY to make it to the last few events but just depends on how long it take to get/build our cars

İhris
08-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I was with simon saturday and was there sunday as well. LOTS of wrecks on saturday.

Yeah, go after some D-force LTW's or Kosei K1's and some hawk HT-10 pads.

Me and simon are going to TRY to make it to the last few events but just depends on how long it take to get/build our cars

lots of time to get it track ready luckly. I know CMP in November is pretty cheap...I'll run RA as long as snow, rain, ice, etc.... stays away.

RONS Auto Sales said he would go pick up the Porsche 944 that I bought sometime soon. maybe that will be ready by december. then we could all chase each other around for awhile hehe

matthewAPM
08-11-2009, 04:39 PM
lots of time to get it track ready luckly. I know CMP in November is pretty cheap...I'll run RA as long as snow, rain, ice, etc.... stays away.

RONS Auto Sales said he would go pick up the Porsche 944 that I bought sometime soon. maybe that will be ready by december. then we could all chase each other around for awhile hehe

Yeah, I've seen a few pics from VIR in the snow...no fun.

That would be awesome. Spec 944 im guessing? I'll be in a GTS3 BMW M3 and simon will be in his car (H2 I believe).

Should be fun!:boxing::D

4uh8ers
08-11-2009, 08:16 PM
This was a fun, and hot weekend. I got up there around noon on sat, and most of the day sunday. Some good racing going on. I hope to be getting a more suitable car for the track and get out there in Nov. Prob gonna do some PDX events also. NASA is just soooooo dahm expensive.

Elbow
08-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah I will be running a PDX, the Topspeed time attack, and the NASA event, maybe something else, and that's it for this year.

Chris, were you at Road Atlanta last year in December? Fridays enduro we had ice on the track.

İhris
08-12-2009, 08:36 AM
i was not there last year. i just found out about NASA back in April. I heard about the Ice.

I really want to run in GTS3 so i could run with Drew Ewing (Fandango Racing). That is still a long ways off though. I might just run a season in TT to learn all the tracks and it would be good practice for W2W.

chuck
08-12-2009, 04:10 PM
These are photos I took on Aug-09-2009 at the NASA Hotlanta Challenge.
I found out about the event late, so these photos were taken between 11:30 am and 3:30 pm.

If your car was in the event and want a High Resolution photo of you or your car from this gallery,
E-Mail me at [email protected]

http://www.dgphotoz.com/nasa_gallery/nasa/index.html (http://www.dgphotoz.com/hotlanta_nasa/index.html)

no de2 love?? didn't see any of me or cars i recognized from my group.... :(

actually not getting anything from the link now...

chuck
08-12-2009, 04:12 PM
we will have to get us an IA corner in the paddock, party time sat night!

and yeah, i don't know how you drove at all sunday chris...the rough night then the rock hard car seat bed on top of that...hitting your head 20 times on the EZ-UP probably didn't help, need to wear your helmet next time.

İhris
08-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Chuck i might let you drive my car a few laps next time... set u up as a co-driver. i wanna drive urs too :)

İhris
08-12-2009, 04:49 PM
i will get it insured again... covers other drivers too

chuck
08-12-2009, 09:56 PM
i will get it insured again... covers other drivers too

get the insurance and i'm all game...just don't wad my heap

matthewAPM
08-13-2009, 01:16 PM
^lol. I remember when me and a few other instructors were running a PDX with a few "new" guys and I was chasing a C6Z down in the miata. Vette went flying off in turn one right in front of me. Messed up the bumper pretty bad and come to find out it was an instructor in a students car...NICE

dazn
08-13-2009, 08:02 PM
I was there friday testing one of our works cars. Then Sunday I was there supporting a couple of friends. evo x, supra and 2 vettes.

One of the instructors gave me a ride around RA in his NA MR2. not a bad little car, except for the header pipe that he repaired with a coke can. :eek:

İhris
08-14-2009, 08:14 AM
I was there friday testing one of our works cars. Then Sunday I was there supporting a couple of friends. evo x, supra and 2 vettes.

One of the instructors gave me a ride around RA in his NA MR2. not a bad little car, except for the header pipe that he repaired with a coke can. :eek:

Musta been Ken... TT guy?

Elbow
08-14-2009, 09:11 AM

Yalls little cap thing on the roll hoop fell off.

matthewAPM
08-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Im guessing that the supra blew a turbo? Tons of smoke when he went by us in T3/esses area.

İhris
08-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Im guessing that the supra blew a turbo? Tons of smoke when he went by us in T3/esses area.

oh yeah lol they were talking about it on the NASA-SE forums

matthewAPM
08-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I dont see why he didnt pull off?! When you getting some new wheels y0?

İhris
08-14-2009, 12:28 PM
i just got new wheels back in June. I kinda had to short notice... I had stress cracks in OEM wheels the day before we had to be at Road Atlanta and Butler tire was able to get me the TSW Varianos delivered same day...only ones they had in stock. BMW didnt even have anything in stock, neither did ATD.

The wheels i have on there now are 18 x 9 1/2 in rear and 18 x 8 up front.

gonna run Hawk HT10 pads and slicks (something close to slicks) at CMP in november. Just need to get some cheap rims to put them on so i dont have to drive all the way there on slicks lol

I think with HT10 and slicks i could shave off at least 10sec at RA.... the tires i have now suck so bad i was scared to push the car anymore than I was last weekend. Car felt very unstable and my beadline on front left tire was off so i had a hard vibration and shake in the steering wheel... the tire basicly shifted on the wheel.... scary lol

Cornering was not easy with all that going on... not to mention the rears are a different tread pattern than the front... 2 different brands too lol same speed rating and tread wear rating though. I was sliding all over it felt like, especially in the afternoon... felt like i was driving chewed gum.

matthewAPM
08-14-2009, 12:37 PM
What ever you do, dont EVER buy another staggered setup. lol

Get kosei K1's. Cheap, light, and can take a beating

Elbow
08-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I agree on K1's.