PDA

View Full Version : who wants to see my new car??

Kasper
08-09-2009, 07:37 PM
I know i would!

So i went to the dealership friday to go get my new lancer. We get on the lot and i start talking to the guy about what all i want and shit. He tells me "well i dont have one here but i have what your looking for off site" i was like ok well then can you get it down here so i can test drive it and we can get the paperwork started so i can buy it. he tells me "well it'll take about 25 mins to get it down here and its late. how about you just come back sunday, i'll bring it down here get it all cleaned up and ready for you sunday so you can just come in finish up the paperwork and you can get it" ok cool so we leave friday, Everything is cool, im all happy and shit cause its starting to come together, i go to work yesterday, and he calls me "hey i just wanted to let you know we got the car down here we got everything all ready for you for tomorrow. the owner will be here and you'll be able to talk to him and we can get everything all worked out and get ya down the road cause i know your ready to start building this thing." ok cool so im all stoked about goin into get it. So i wake up this morning, get all ready. we all head down there to get it. we get down there i arrive on the lot, and i start looken around. ok my lancer isnt around. ok so i guess they have it put somewhere. keeping optomistic i walk up shake the dudes hand and he says "you ready, lets go see your your your... wheres your car?" i was just like WTF! you dont know where my car is? hes just like "i'll be right back lemme go check where its at" goes inside for like 10 mins comes back out and says "uh yeah i sold your car yesterday by accident" Mother fucker almost got hit! but i was just like ok so go to your lot and get me another one. he then says, well that was the last one. i just looked at him and was like ok let me get this straight you waste my time friday night, tell me to come back today, tell me yesterday that everythings great and everythings all set for today, then you waste my fucken time today by telling me you sold my fucken car yesterday. then he proceeds to tell me they have no others like it except for all red ones! needless to say i had a nice long conversation with the owner of the place today and there ordering the car that i want. but im still so damn pissed.. its just fucken crazy that they pulled that shit. anywho figured id vent.

end rant

Catnip
08-09-2009, 07:40 PM
interesting.

Catnip
08-09-2009, 07:41 PM
I can't say I read it.

BKgen®
08-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Paragraphs.

EM1toEVO
08-09-2009, 07:42 PM
That would be the last time I visit that car lot.

Firefightin_tC
I've had that happen when it came to me at Landmark Dodge.

I was going to buy a 03 Chevy Blazer Xtreme and the day I go to buy ther truck, the bastard sells it to Auction.

It blows and youy want to PUNCH the shit outta that mo'fuggah...and in the back of your mind, you should've.

MachNU
hope you worked out a better deal! also what optioned lancer?

PURP
08-09-2009, 07:43 PM
I would have busted a wig on that fool. I would've been irate. Did the owner give you any kind of deal/discount on the other one??

Catnip
08-09-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm going to whore it up. Just sayin'.

Catnip
08-09-2009, 07:45 PM
not the thread, your new car.

Catnip
08-09-2009, 07:46 PM
just kidding, your sister.

Evil Goat
08-09-2009, 07:48 PM
so you're buying a lancer? like a regular lancer? and not an evo? and you're pissed it's not here.... :lmfao:

JDMJAYDC2
08-09-2009, 07:49 PM
lancer or evo this will determine if this thread is worthy

Catnip
08-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Who would buy a regular evo?

evo 8/9 > NEW lancer

just sayin

Revmaynard
08-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Who would buy a regular evo?

evo 8/9 > NEW lancer

just sayin

lolwut?

PRO®
08-09-2009, 08:02 PM
just kidding, your sister.

lmao

Catnip
08-09-2009, 08:02 PM
lancer**

see, that shit aint even in my vernacular.LOL

Evil Goat
08-09-2009, 08:05 PM
lancer**

see, that shit aint even in my vernacular.LOL

goober :lmfao:

Kasper
08-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Its a lancer es sport, 5spd sun and sound package, and yeah hes giveing me a decent amount off for this..

No i dont want an evo. 1 they dont make them in a 5spd anymore, and 2 i dont dont have the 30+ grand to drop on one.

what i will be getting is a hell of alot better then the tahoe im driveing right now. specially on gas.

I really dont give a shit about proper grammer. mainly due to the fact that i was never good at it.

Catnip
08-09-2009, 08:27 PM
least the new car fits you well.

Evil Goat
08-09-2009, 09:38 PM
should've bought a civic...

Kasper
08-09-2009, 09:53 PM
What you mean cat??

Uh no civic's for me.. im not diggin the new ones at all..

Slomaro Z28
08-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Should have gotten a nice pre-owned evo 8/9. But good luck with your deal, this stuff happens all the time......gotta put some money down if you don't want them to sell it.

MeFryRice
08-09-2009, 10:23 PM
No i dont want an evo. 1 they dont make them in a 5spd anymore

Where are you getting your information from? You can get the EVO X with a 5-spd. (GSR trim level).

I had a similar situation happen to me. I was interested in buying an '06 STi at Arbor Place Kia a couple years ago. The dealership was only going to give me half of what my current car at the time was worth and told them that I could easily sell it. I had a buyer come look at my car and said he would have a check from his bank to me within the next couple days. I call the salesman to tell him to give him an update an he said "ok, I'll put the keys to the STi in my desk to prevent people from driving it until you come back up here". I call him a couple days later to let him know that I was dropping my car off to the buyer and will be at the dealership within the next couple hours, his response was "Umm...I sold the car the car to someone else yesterday, sorry". WTF?? Needless to say, I was pissed and was forced to find something else within a couple days as I now had no way to get back and forth in.

Tech5
08-09-2009, 11:04 PM
dayum Shane!!!!

Atlblkz06
08-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Pretty big diff in insurance. The evo is probably in the top 5 when it comes to insurance cost per $$ value of the car. The STI is much cheaper (~15% less)

Tiff-O-Bitties
08-10-2009, 09:38 AM
I work for Mitsubishi... HELLO! We have an orange one on the lot... I've had quite a few calls to do a dealer trade... Which Mitsu were you working with?

DJ Maestro
08-10-2009, 09:53 AM
I work for Mitsubishi... HELLO! We have an orange one on the lot... I've had quite a few calls to do a dealer trade... Which Mitsu were you working with?

Orange FTW! Just sayin' :ninja:

ShooterMcGavin
08-10-2009, 10:59 AM
cliffs?

DriVaH
08-10-2009, 11:04 AM
I know i would!

So i went to the dealership friday to go get my new lancer. We get on the lot and i start talking to the guy about what all i want and shit. He tells me "well i dont have one here but i have what your looking for off site" i was like ok well then can you get it down here so i can test drive it and we can get the paperwork started so i can buy it. he tells me "well it'll take about 25 mins to get it down here and its late. how about you just come back sunday, i'll bring it down here get it all cleaned up and ready for you sunday so you can just come in finish up the paperwork and you can get it" ok cool so we leave friday, Everything is cool, im all happy and shit cause its starting to come together, i go to work yesterday, and he calls me "hey i just wanted to let you know we got the car down here we got everything all ready for you for tomorrow. the owner will be here and you'll be able to talk to him and we can get everything all worked out and get ya down the road cause i know your ready to start building this thing." ok cool so im all stoked about goin into get it. So i wake up this morning, get all ready. we all head down there to get it. we get down there i arrive on the lot, and i start looken around. ok my lancer isnt around. ok so i guess they have it put somewhere. keeping optomistic i walk up shake the dudes hand and he says "you ready, lets go see your your your... wheres your car?" i was just like WTF! you dont know where my car is? hes just like "i'll be right back lemme go check where its at" goes inside for like 10 mins comes back out and says "uh yeah i sold your car yesterday by accident" Mother fucker almost got hit! but i was just like ok so go to your lot and get me another one. he then says, well that was the last one. i just looked at him and was like ok let me get this straight you waste my time friday night, tell me to come back today, tell me yesterday that everythings great and everythings all set for today, then you waste my fucken time today by telling me you sold my fucken car yesterday. then he proceeds to tell me they have no others like it except for all red ones! needless to say i had a nice long conversation with the owner of the place today and there ordering the car that i want. but im still so damn pissed.. its just fucken crazy that they pulled that shit. anywho figured id vent.

end rantsry to hear that. try to get a deal for their fuck up

Sammich
08-10-2009, 11:04 AM
I LOL'D A BIT BUT THAT SUCKS...I THINK I WOULDA LOST IT

uproot
08-10-2009, 11:09 AM
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20021223_05_mistake.gif

tandem
08-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Wow, thats why you don't work with dealerships.
I was thinking about getting a new lancer non evo with the cash for clunkers deal lol, but things didn't work out.

VooDooXII
08-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Whatever the case, that's unbelievably ridiculous. Not a good way to go about business AT ALL.

Z0_o6
08-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Whatever the case, that's unbelievably ridiculous. Not a good way to go about business AT ALL.

just to play devil's advocate, why is that bad business? whoever has money first gets the product. i can't say i would hold something for someone if another person is in front of me with the money already. i do agree they were in the wrong for SAYING they would hold it and not following through on their word. typical dealership behavior. OP good luck with the car search. definitely consider going with a used evo or even wrx/sti as well. with the wrx you can get the awd/turbo thing and still save money vs. a sti or evo.

Kasper
08-11-2009, 12:25 AM
sooooo them selling a car that i put money down on and filled out most of the paperwork on isnt a bad thing? i truly think it is...

Slomaro Z28
08-12-2009, 08:08 PM
sooooo them selling a car that i put money down on and filled out most of the paperwork on isnt a bad thing? i truly think it is...

If you put money down, then yes its wrong. That's basically a deposit for them to hold the car.