PDA

View Full Version : Race Track

Imperial
08-08-2009, 05:58 PM
We're trying to open up a drag strip/road course closer to Atlanta and we need A LOT of support. If you would like a track in town and will support us in our efforts, please sign below.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING HELPFUL OR POSITIVE TO SAY, DON'T COMMENT OR YOU WILL RECIEVE NEGATIVE REPS.

Thanx in advance
Imperial Enterprises

1. slimm
2. kpf2007
3. skacore
4. Warlock
5. Teh_Mugen18
6. WTF?
7. JayL
8. Strokedcert4

KPFphotography
08-08-2009, 06:10 PM
Im definatly in for that one

skacore
08-09-2009, 05:41 AM
I would love this. Where is the nearest drag strip that anyone can go to?

Elbow
08-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Are you kidding?...

www.roadatlanta.com
www.atlantadragway.com
www.atlantamotorsportspark.net (OMG A NEW TRACK OPENING...)
www.silverdollarraceway.com
www.roeblingroad.com

and that's just a few, huge lack of tracks in GA eh?

Road Atlanta isn't far from Atlanta at ALL, and AMP is close too.

Warlock
08-09-2009, 09:06 AM
^ i want to run at road atlanta sooo bad. still saving up for it!

Imperial
08-09-2009, 04:22 PM
I would love this. Where is the nearest drag strip that anyone can go to?
Atlanta Motor Speedway is the closest. Its about 40 miles away.

Imperial
08-09-2009, 04:23 PM
we want to do a road course too, so hopefully you'll be able to run on our track. it will be closer and cheaper, so you'll save $ and gas!:goodjob:

blacknightteg
08-09-2009, 04:30 PM
good luck trying to get that done. with the amount of money you would have to spend on insurance. it will be astonishing if you can make that happen.

Imperial
08-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Are you kidding?...

www.roadatlanta.com (http://www.roadatlanta.com/)
www.atlantadragway.com (http://www.atlantadragway.com/)
www.atlantamotorsportspark.net (http://www.atlantamotorsportspark.net/) (OMG A NEW TRACK OPENING...)
www.silverdollarraceway.com (http://www.silverdollarraceway.com/)
www.roeblingroad.com (http://www.roeblingroad.com/)

and that's just a few, huge lack of tracks in GA eh?

Road Atlanta isn't far from Atlanta at ALL, and AMP is close too.
For those of us that live within the city limits, AMS, Road Atlanta, etc. are long drives for us. The distances below are from the intersection of I-75/85 and I-20 in downtown Atlanta, which is about 10 minutes from my home:

Road Atlanta: Total Travel Estimates: Time: 57 minutes Distance: 52.89 miles

Atlanta Dragway: Total Travel Estimates: Time: 1 hour 11 minutes Distance: 69.42 miles

AMP: Total Travel Estimates: Time: 1 hour 7 minutes Distance: 58.03 miles

Roebling Road Raceway: Total Travel Estimates: Time: 3 hours 48 minutes Distance: 235.86 miles

Silver Dollar Raceway: Total Travel Estimates: Time: 1 hour 53 minutes Distance: 99.91 miles

We are trying to put our track in Ellenwood off of Moreland or out near Stonecrest Mall:

Moreland Ave.: Total Travel Estimates: Time: 17 minutes Distance: 9.45 miles

Stonecrest: Total Travel Estimates: Time: 24 minutes Distance: 19.26 miles

blacknightteg
08-09-2009, 04:52 PM
i dont know how you will be able to do that with as many homes and what have you that already exist. noise complaints are going to probably be your key killer in the idea.

Imperial
08-09-2009, 04:54 PM
i dont know how you will be able to do that with as many homes and what have you that already exist. noise complaints are going to probably be your key killer in the idea.
it has been zoned for such a business. they had a town hall meeting and it was approved. now, im working on the hardest part...money.

JITB
08-09-2009, 04:55 PM

in the area of moreland/675 that would be a nice area.. theres already a landfill there. So i doubt anyone would contest a race track. And the stonecrest area, would be decent too..Alot ot space in between there and stockbridge.. But there is also alot of new houses back in that area..

Imperial
08-09-2009, 04:58 PM
in the area of moreland/675 that would be a nice area.. theres already a landfill there. So i doubt anyone would contest a race track. And the stonecrest area, would be decent too..Alot ot space in between there and stockbridge.. But there is also alot of new houses back in that area..
i know where you're talking about, but the area im working with is a little fruther up the street; about 2 miles south of 285

blacknightteg
08-09-2009, 04:59 PM
yeah. i mean to me, honestly any of the distances you posted for those tracks is really not that big of a deal to me. the thing about those tracks is that most of them are already established and many people know the facilities at those tracks. it will be hard pressed for you to get an audience/crowd/racers to attend if they are already familiar with the workings of one.

Imperial
08-09-2009, 05:00 PM
yeah. i mean to me, honestly any of the distances you posted for those tracks is really not that big of a deal to me. the thing about those tracks is that most of them are already established and many people know the facilities at those tracks. it will be hard pressed for you to get an audience/crowd/racers to attend if they are already familiar with the workings of one.
you may think that, but i have over 1500 signatures and e-mail addresses from people that anxiously waiting for this. even if they dont show up, i am working with a few marketing companies that will get is out there.

blacknightteg
08-09-2009, 05:01 PM
hey i mean more power too ya. especially if its focused more along the lines of a grassroots track, nothing wrong with that. i hope i don't sound like im hating on the idea, just giving insight.

Imperial
08-09-2009, 05:05 PM
hey i mean more power too ya. especially if its focused more along the lines of a grassroots track, nothing wrong with that. i hope i don't sound like im hating on the idea, just giving insight.
we apreciate your input. all we're looking for is a bit of support so when we present it to investorts, they will see that we have support from the automotive community. IA is well known, so we are looking to you guys to help out a tad bit.

JITB
08-09-2009, 05:06 PM
you may think that, but i have over 1500 signatures and e-mail addresses from people that anxiously waiting for this. even if they dont show up, i am working with a few marketing companies that will get is out there.

are u a legit business person with the ability to make this happen or a dreamer? No offense..just a question. :cheers:

teh_mugen18
08-09-2009, 07:12 PM
BUMP for this thread, seems pretty legit and ill definately support it once it opens by taking groups of friends to all race legally :cheers:

Imperial
08-10-2009, 09:33 AM
are u a legit business person with the ability to make this happen or a dreamer? No offense..just a question. :cheers:
im legit. i own two other small businesses. ive never had a business on as large a scale as this one. its new territory for me, but with business partners as great as mine, im confident we will be successfull.

Imperial
08-10-2009, 09:35 AM
BUMP for this thread, seems pretty legit and ill definately support it once it opens by taking groups of friends to all race legally :cheers:
Thanx for your support.

JITB
08-10-2009, 09:37 AM
im legit. i own two other small businesses. ive never had a business on as large a scale as this one. its new territory for me, but with business partners as great as mine, im confident we will be successfull.

Sounds good.. what type of business you own? we got alot of people on here looking for jobs.. :goodjob:

Elbow
08-10-2009, 09:41 AM

It's $100...lol...

WTF?
08-11-2009, 11:55 AM
put me on the list i left varsity before i could sign the petition

JayL
08-11-2009, 12:08 PM
put me on the list

Warlock
08-11-2009, 04:22 PM
we want to do a road course too, so hopefully you'll be able to run on our track. it will be closer and cheaper, so you'll save $ and gas!:goodjob:

if you can set up a road course that would be awesome. Its hard to pay $400 to fun a weekend at barbers, and little talledega is $150 a day which is not too bad but its hard to find a track day group to go tag alone with

matthewAPM
08-11-2009, 04:51 PM
This will never happen. To make a GOOD road course, your looking at a multimillion dollar build.

Unless you have something like 50+++ million, will never even get started.

Turbd4DE
08-11-2009, 06:57 PM
What about getting the Dallas, Ga Raceway back open.:goodjob:

strokedcert4
08-11-2009, 07:48 PM
im down :goodjob:

WTF?
08-12-2009, 09:38 AM
if you decide to do a drag strip how long would it be 1/4 or 1/8 mile? and another area to do autocross would be great too along with a road course.

Imperial
08-12-2009, 10:34 AM
This will never happen. To make a GOOD road course, your looking at a multimillion dollar build.

the negative energy is not appreciated.

Imperial
08-12-2009, 10:35 AM
if you decide to do a drag strip how long would it be 1/4 or 1/8 mile? and another area to do autocross would be great too along with a road course.
it will be a 1/4 mile, but will be setup to run either 1/8 or 1/4, depending on what the drivers want to do.

WTF?
08-12-2009, 10:42 AM
it will be a 1/4 mile, but will be setup to run either 1/8 or 1/4, depending on what the drivers want to do. awsome this all sounds good and i hope it pulls through for you :goodjob:

Imperial
08-12-2009, 11:33 AM
awsome this all sounds good and i hope it pulls through for you :goodjob:
me too!! we could surely use the money!! plus, it will open up at least 100 jobs for others that need work.

Turbd4DE
08-12-2009, 09:53 PM
What about Dallas Raceway they have been closed for a while .. It was first built as a 1/4 then they said cars started getting faster so the changed it to 1/8.. They now have been closed for about 4yrs. Its in Dallas,Ga right outside of Kennesaw... Just a thought..

claybird
08-13-2009, 12:28 AM
Im down sign me up

Big Baller
08-13-2009, 12:32 AM
you must be fucking retarded if you think you are going to build a track close to atlanta

WTF?
08-13-2009, 12:18 PM
What about Dallas Raceway they have been closed for a while .. It was first built as a 1/4 then they said cars started getting faster so the changed it to 1/8.. They now have been closed for about 4yrs. Its in Dallas,Ga right outside of Kennesaw... Just a thought.. 1/8 sucks even if they open it back up i would hardly go. Its kind of a waste the minute you shift into third you have to hit the brakes :( .

WTF?
08-13-2009, 12:20 PM
you must be fucking retarded if you think you are going to build a track close to atlanta :rolleyes:

slimm
08-16-2009, 05:20 PM
bump

skacore
08-17-2009, 05:15 PM
What about Dallas Raceway they have been closed for a while .. It was first built as a 1/4 then they said cars started getting faster so the changed it to 1/8.. They now have been closed for about 4yrs. Its in Dallas,Ga right outside of Kennesaw... Just a thought..
+1 I'm pretty close to this one, it got closed down before I could drive though.

matthewAPM
08-17-2009, 05:18 PM
negative b.s. blah blah

To tell you the truth you are doing nothing but wasting your time acting like your going to open a track. Call the owners of little tally. Im sure they would be more than happy to give you an idea on the cost of building a "small" track

WTF?
08-25-2009, 03:58 PM
negative b.s. blah blah

To tell you the truth you are doing nothing but wasting your time acting like your going to open a track. Call the owners of little tally. Im sure they would be more than happy to give you an idea on the cost of building a "small" track who said he dosnt know how much it costs, go on somewhere else with you're negativity :goodjob:

Warlock
09-01-2009, 09:05 PM

Na i remember when they build barbers which is a state of the art facility it did not cost that much. I could build a track in alabama for less than $30k easy, but thats not for the public... might cost more to get insurance/permits.

Warlock
09-01-2009, 09:07 PM
negative b.s. blah blah

To tell you the truth you are doing nothing but wasting your time acting like your going to open a track. Call the owners of little tally. Im sure they would be more than happy to give you an idea on the cost of building a "small" track

Little talledega started out as a guy with some land and an idea. He was a little man. It can be done ;)

WTF?
09-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Little talledega started out as a guy with some land and an idea. He was a little man. It can be done ;) thats how all bussiness started, none of them were big from the get go. They all started small and worked there way up thats why i dont get why people are so negative, plus hes already a bussiness owner so its not like hes going into completly blind folded

Imperial
09-03-2009, 03:26 PM
hey guys. we've been laying low for a while getting things in order. its looking pretty good so far. we'll be out there tonight at the varsity. again, for everyone that is supporting us, thanx a million. when we open, you guys will be the first to know...and the first to enjoy some pretty good deals and discounts.