PDA

View Full Version : Laura Ling and the other chick

tony
08-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Don't really know the other ones name, don't care. I like how they're putting them in front of TV like they're these freed prisoners from North Korea.. how about a damn apology for the waste of time and resources to negotiate their return to the U.S. Personally I feel they went to N. Korea on intentionally to make headlines, now they'll write a book and cash in on the experience.

Complete bullshit and I have no sympathy for either one, I would've left them over there if it was up to me. Never has it popped in my head to go tap dance on the border of North Korea or Iran. For those that don't know here is the story:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/07/journalists.nkorea/index.html

BanginJimmy
08-07-2009, 05:59 PM
I agree with you. This was nothing more than a political/PR game.

David88vert
08-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I agree also. If it was a North Korean trying to slip into the US through Canada, we would have arrested them also.

nsany(atl)
08-07-2009, 09:16 PM
I agree also. If it was a North Korean trying to slip into the US through Canada, we would have arrested them also.

S Ish,,, we would have given them a drivers license.

It was a ploy to divert attention from the healthcare reform bill

Total_Blender
08-08-2009, 07:37 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510-fKOhDYL._SL500_AA246_PIkin2,BottomRight,-13,34_AA280_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Required reading for anyone wanting to learn more about North Korea and how the system of imprisonment works there. Jenkins wandered off from a patrol in a drunken and paranoid stupor, ended up across the border, and was held there against his will for 40 years.

The hell of it is, because these girls were "pawns" in the political game, they were probably treated better during their stay than the average NK citizen lives.

I won't say I feel sorry for them as they knew the risks involved with what they were doing. But NK is such a closed society that people feel the need to get in to find out what the hell is going on. If we can get a definite report of how it is on the ground there, NK might be exposed for the paper tiger it really is. Pull back the curtain and see that its really just a tiny man with a big ego and a microphone, a malnourished army, and some stainless steel tubes (remember when Iraq supposedly had WMD). Type in "Pyongyang" into a google image search, you'll see the same 5 pictures over and over again, where if you typed Havana or Shanghai you'd see tons of pictures.

ShooterMcGavin
08-12-2009, 08:25 AM
complete idiots. i hope we don't have to bail those idiot hippie hikers that're now locked up by iran...