PDA

View Full Version : General Chat SOHC or DOHC??

Ghostface
08-06-2009, 11:42 PM
K here's my situation...I have a 96 Civic Ex with a D16y8 (of course) and the block blew a hole right behind the a/c bracket. K so I picked up a d16y7 head and block for $200. I put it together with some friends (mostly my friends did it) but now its running pretty shitty. I'm thinking about swapping a B16a2 into it and all necesarry parts (axles,ecu, rear 99 si mount, shift linkage, etc.) but that swap cost about $2,400 and that's not including how much it will cost to get it professionally swapped . Now I can save up the money but it will take a minute to do that.

Here's another thing I still have my y8 head. I was also thinking about putting that on the y7 block and just taking my car to a mechanic to get the motor checked out. I know there isn't anything seriously wrong with the motor, I just think it's cause it wasn't put in correctly.Now obviously i'll have much less hp and tq then a b16a2 but it will cost less money to mess around with a d-series and i still can make the y7/y8 pretty quick.

I'm not really sure if I want to boost specially if i go with v-tec. Really leaning towards n/a.

Anybody have any ideas they can give me or any other swap ideas?

slostang
08-07-2009, 12:06 AM
if you keep the d boost it. otherwise go with the b.

svtfocus123
08-08-2009, 04:12 PM
i second^^^

Evil Goat
08-08-2009, 04:23 PM
boosted d > any n/a b series....any day of the week

give us a call at JJSPEC (478-621-5000, we're in Macon), we specialize hondas, and love the single cams, have the fastest d-series powered Integra in the country, and all of our employees have turbo single cams, or have built one at one time, we have a platinum level certified honda master tech/ase master tech, and another ase certified tech, with a combined 30+ years of experience making hondas go fast

the integra sports a lot of stock parts, and justins civic pushes out over 300hp, both on d series and both will put bus lengths on 99% of the built n/a b series and a good bit of turbo b-series :goodjob:

jdm>usdm
08-08-2009, 05:05 PM
give us a call at JJSPEC (478-621-5000, we're in Macon), we specialize hondas, and love the single cams, have the fastest d-series powered Integra in the country, and all of our employees have turbo single cams, or have built one at one time, we have a platinum level certified honda master tech/ase master tech, and another ase certified tech, with a combined 30+ years of experience making hondas go fast

Sounds like an ad youd hear on the radio.lol

But x2. jjspec knows their shiz

CaTcH22
08-08-2009, 07:34 PM
K here's my situation...I have a 96 Civic Ex with a D16y8:ninja: That is all.

punkr6
08-08-2009, 07:43 PM
boosted d > any n/a b series....any day of the week

X3, D is the ne B...