PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anybody that does chrome

csmiths
08-06-2009, 09:39 PM
I put this here to get more views sooo.......

As the title states i need to get my wheel bolts chromed, every place that i have called is asking outrageous prices. If anybody knows someone that does chroming let me know. thanks.

dallasb84
08-07-2009, 01:14 AM
buy chrome bolts

google it. i believe theres actually a company called chrome bolts

csmiths
08-07-2009, 06:12 AM
Uh no work wants $4 a bolt and I have 170 bolts. And I'm not going to buy none work bolts.

D3UC3S
08-07-2009, 06:31 AM
i think powdercoating companies can powdercoat chrome nowadays...maybe that will be cheaper

Dirty Octopus™
08-07-2009, 07:09 AM
just polish them Charles. i've seen it done. you just hold them up to the lil buffing/polishing machine and voila! polished. :goodjob:

OR if you absolutely insist on chrome, try General Chrome in Alpharetta

4075 Nine Mcfarland Dr # B
Alpharetta, GA 30004-5204
770-751-8558

:goodjob:

csmiths
08-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Polishing would take way too long kash. And general chrome wanted $3 a bolt and I have over 170 bolts. So that is not worth it.

I did talk to a powder coater that said they have "chrome" powder coat. So I might try that on one bolt and see how it looks

ty1854
08-07-2009, 10:03 AM
The powder chrome is what we call in the powder coating industry "five feet chrome" because from five foot feet away it looks like real chrome. If left uncleared it actually looks great but with a clear it looks like a bright silver. The bad thing is you have to clear it to keep it from oxidizing. Take it from a powder coater there is no substitute for the look of real chrome. I will only use chrome powder as a base for candies or if the customer just must have it. If you do go with powder coating then don't pay anymore than $2.00 per bolt for a chrome and clear and no more than $1.00 per bolt for a chrome by itself. If you do get the chrome have the shop use a acrylic clear as it is the best looking clear powders on the market. Good luck.

csmiths
08-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Hey thanks for that info! The guy I talked to was real cool about it and said the same thing about the chrome powder. I guess I'll have him do one bolt so I can see what it looks like.

ty1854
08-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Your welcome, glad to help!

Gabe
08-07-2009, 04:48 PM
The powder chrome is what we call in the powder coating industry "five feet chrome" because from five foot feet away it looks like real chrome. If left uncleared it actually looks great but with a clear it looks like a bright silver. The bad thing is you have to clear it to keep it from oxidizing. Take it from a powder coater there is no substitute for the look of real chrome. I will only use chrome powder as a base for candies or if the customer just must have it. If you do go with powder coating then don't pay anymore than $2.00 per bolt for a chrome and clear and no more than $1.00 per bolt for a chrome by itself. If you do get the chrome have the shop use a acrylic clear as it is the best looking clear powders on the market. Good luck.

Truth!!!

zspeed24
08-07-2009, 05:32 PM
You could try Foresters Chrome in Douglasville.