PDA

View Full Version : Misc I Lost 20LBS in 30 days!

batlbrandon
08-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Today marks my 30th day of my health and fitness overhaul. I am 5'11" 31 yrs old. I had always been fit and active when I was younger, up until I was about 23-24 ( a year or two after I moved here). Both my parents and my older brother are over weight. dad had reached 300 @ 5'8", mom 240 @ 5'6", brother is 265 @ 5'9". I was the skinny one not hitting 200 until I was 23. Since then it has been a slow incline each yr older a coulpe more lbs. July 4th this yr. I was at 229. I freaked out. I don't know why 230 was a red flag number but it was and I was almost there. I called a friend who trains vigorously and asked for his help. He basically give me guide lines to follow and a light regiment. I started on the 6th. I started jogging 2 miles a day, and mini circuits of push ups and squats. 100 each. More importantly I changed my diet. Piece of fruit or a cup of yogurt, sometimes both in the morning for breakfast. A turkey/chicken/fish sandwhich on whole grain bread, lettuce, tomato, mustard, some sort of fruit, and maybe a little cottage cheese occasionally. For dinner Grilled chicken breast or fish with any type of green veggie ( I like broccoli, spinach, green beans). I did make some substitutions on the veggies to mix it up. I did cut out almost all red meat, having only ate it twice in the last month. This was more a personal choice than a recommendation. It has to be lean though. Most of this stuff wasn't hard because I like these foods anyways, but it was always easier to eat out. NO FRIED FOOD AT ALL, NO SWEETS AT ALL, NO DRINKING ALCOHOL AT ALL, NO SODA AT ALL. I am pretty sure that those things contributed the most. I also started taking a multi-vitamin from GNC. One of those MEGA-MEN Sport pro packs. These also made a significant difference. I can feel the energy level gain. My goal for all of this was 15 lbs in 30 days. I was taking a trip and wanted to be significantly lighter when I went. My trip was this past Fri. and at the time I had lost 18 lbs. Not being content with that I continued through the weekend and today I have lost 20 lbs. I know my results are not typical, and I may be blessed with good genes, but you have to stick to it. You have to push yourself when its hard and it hurts. I plan on getting the P90X system to see how far I can actually go. The new short term goal is 199 lbs. and after that I want to try for 185. It really has not been that hard so far, the more I lose though the harder it will be to get where I want to go. Just thought I would share and maybe this will motivate someone who is in the same situation I was 30 days ago. Thanks :goodjob:

RL...
08-06-2009, 11:42 AM
good for you I am also going to do something similar to get cut up again!

Sammich
08-06-2009, 11:46 AM
I'M TRYING TO CUT OUT SOME OF THE UNNECESSARY FOODS/DRINKS AS WELL. I DONT KNOW WHEN I'LL BE ABLE TO DO THE FULL DIET CHANGE, BUT I FEEL ITS COMING IN THE NEAR FUTURE I.E. BEFORE THIS YEAR IS OUT

S II K
08-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Like you i was also in shape all through highschool i was involved in football and if i wast playing football id be out on the weekends riding my dirtbike. I tore my ACL playing football my Senior year and i got very dissapointed and i just said fuck it i started partying and drinking beer like it was my job and late night visits to waffle house/Downtown athens. all that took a toll on me by the time i gaduated i went from weighing 185 to 215. Previously to that when i was active and working out i took muscle milk and testosterone booster and mass gainer...i did get big and i could see my strength increase almost weakly. My biggest mistake was going from working out to drinking beer and eating like shit all my muscle turned into fat and then i went from weighing 215 in may of 08 to 242 in april of 09!!!! when me and my gf broke up this past april i was like fuck this im getting in shape and i started going to the gym every day and doing cardio like crazy and lifting weight consistently i dropped 25lbs that same month like it was nothing. but after those 25 lbs it was harder to drop weight. Long story short ive been religiously going to the gym for 3 1/2 months now and im down to 200lbs and I can see a HUGE difference as far as muscle deffenition. Plus muscle memory is amazing all though i stopeed working out for 2 years in 3 1/2 months ive gained muscle back easier then when i first started working out in highschool. I go to Lifetime Fitness and LOVE that gym! I recommend it! BUt anyways congrats on the weight loss keep it up youll reach your goal in no time, you just have to want it!

ruah_23
08-06-2009, 12:29 PM
congrats!

KevinT707
08-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Losing 1-2 lbs per week is healthy; you lost an average of 1.5 lbs/day. Your diet & exercise regiment sounds really good & good job on keeping it up. It only gets easier!

batlbrandon
08-06-2009, 02:05 PM
thanks! I'm really excited to see if this P90X works. I cant imagine what it would be like to be cut up to that degree.

SleepingTalon
08-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Yep, he did really well. He followed everything I said to do, and stuck to it. The results speak volumes for a someone who shows a bit of discipline. Everything I train is MMA specific, so what I did was give him a plan based on endurance and explosive strength. My training will REALLY beat you down, and is very mental, as you have to push through it. You will get the best results that way. As soon as I can get him into the gym to train some BJJ, and some stand up, he'll be even better, and the results will be exponential. Congrats bro, glad I could be of help. Just wait til you try what I do though! Haha.

THEONE
08-06-2009, 03:26 PM
awesome man, i must warn you if your eating this way and planning on doing p90x it will not work, i weigh 200lbs and according to thier calculator i need nearly 3000 calories per day and good calories so get ready to blow some cash on food protien vitamins recovery drinks and not gatorade thats shit..i first i was like what the hell but after doing the program i understand why .you need all thos calories and then some to do it right it is by no means a simple program if its easy for you in the first week them you are doing it wrong. remeber this word plyometrics lololol this will make you want to quit and give you hell 3 or 4 days after you do this routine. still its a blast i made it 3 weeks and took a break i need to get back on it.give p90x a shot you will love it hahahahaha

Barefoot
08-06-2009, 03:47 PM
thanks! I'm really excited to see if this P90X works. I cant imagine what it would be like to be cut up to that degree.p90x is the shit i just started it monday. i started on classic then plan to do lean and doubles after im done with each 90 day course. my body is sore but i feel great. its crazy intense but will with the 1-130 hour a day it requires.

WalkS
08-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Great job man! I defiantly know how hard it is to stick to a "nutritional diet" with working out. So much temptations out there, you have to have determination to do so. I lost 50lbs 2 years ago. And it was hell getting it off and hell now to keep it off. I do admit I went the wrong path of losing the weight, pills, starving myself to losing losing 10lbs in one week, gained it back the next, starved myself and took pills etc, etc. Once I gained it back for good, I realized what I've done (maybe permanently damaging my body?) and why it went wrong. So I changed my diet, ate right and of course did a lot of cardio/weight training and a lot of motivation. I say motivation is what really what helps to losing the weight.

But congrats once again for reaching your goal! Stick to it, and find a partner to motivate you every once in a while!

Julio
08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Pretty good man.. congrats..

I lost 40 in 7 month.. so thats dope.. I was at 260 man.. Im down to shy of 220..

200 Ill be happy...

I eat what I want.. just less portions.. I cut soda out though.. and dont eat pass 7pm..

But Im in no rush.. .. just smarter eating habits..

changaroo
08-06-2009, 09:32 PM
p90x works really well... just gotta stick with it... thats the hard part -.-

THEONE
08-06-2009, 10:52 PM
p90x is the shit i just started it monday. i started on classic then plan to do lean and doubles after im done with each 90 day course. my body is sore but i feel great. its crazy intense but will with the 1-130 hour a day it requires.

what do you think of plyometrics? that and yoga beat my ass to death .

green91
08-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Thats great man, it feels really nice to lose weight. Im 6ft tall and have went from 195 to 172 within about 2 months time. Id like to get a little closer to 165 and them im done. I did it almost completely from diet change and light exercise.

evogotspray
08-24-2009, 12:10 AM
i hear meth works pretty good for weights loss...

lmao.... j.k

NevrNufTorq
08-24-2009, 12:26 AM
good for you brother!!!! :cheers: