PDA

View Full Version : HONDA VS BIG BAD V8!!!!

OldsTech
08-05-2009, 10:10 PM
I hope the Title got your Attention. Since the Shakes_GT vs Nemo debate. I wanted clear up the air alittle bit. About one thing that got under my skin . Power to weight. The comment was brought up The big bad v8 has 200 more hp so thats alrdy a disadvantage for the honda even if it does weight twice the other car. Becuz that much Hp overcomes weight. Here the scereio:

The 05 Supercharger Mustang GT that has dyno @ 425 tru hp to the wheels, it is Convertible, Automatic and fully loaded and has ran a 1/4 time of 12.5 at SDR with street tires vs Honda Coupe Gutted, 5 speed GSR tranny, Drag radials and since we dont know the true horse power lets say to the wheel 210hp.

So since we alrdy know the true hp of the mustang and the true 1/4 time of the mustang. So now can get a approximate weight by using a online 1/4 mile Calculator. At 425 wheel hp and 12.5 1/4 times. The Mustang weighs app. 4300lbs.

Since I have a friend of mine's whos honda hatch semi gutted weighed 2200lbs with him in it. Im going to say Nemo's fully gutted is 2100lbs with him. And with 210 hp to the wheels he would run approximately 12.5 on perfect conditions.

So with both car at 12.5 in the 1/4. The GT has 425hp and the lil ole honda has 210hp. But the GT has 215 more hp. That can't be right 215hp is so much. But the the GT weight literally twice has much has the Honda. Power to weight. Its too simple. This is what making the import world rock. Light weight cars, Fast high reving engine, and lots of aftermarket support.

Im not goin to call any names. But want to clear up the air. Its was disturbing me. How some doesn't really realize how much weight plays a factor.

OldsTech
08-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Damnit I cut off the et time for Nemo. Editing now

FIXED!!!

Motivation
08-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah, that calculator said my dsm would run an 11.5 at the time. Just saying.
That calculator bases it's times on RWD cars because, set up properly, they will have a better 60' time. A properly set up RWD will out launch an AWD ANY DAY of the week. I had a few cars launch the hell out of me, even when I launched off two step or upped it to around 6k. Can't always go to the calculator.

Also, Nemo runs in the 13's. Look at the runs when he ran Lee. It don't matter. You can't go just on P:W. Look at who has the advantage for launching... RWD on 10.5" wide tires, or FWD on 8" tires (assuming).

Just let it go. They will run when Nemo gets his car back on the road. It's been established. Let's not start anymore drama about it. And if ya'll are so worried Nemo has the advantage of power to weight ratio... Then why does he want to go from a dig? That's where it comes into play the most. Also, aerodynamics of a mustang are about as good as a brick. Ask any 05+ mustang owner how it feels when you hit over 120. So, wouldn't a dig be better for the mustang? Just my .02. But I am out of this thread, not going to say anything else.

b16EG-HaTcH
08-05-2009, 11:10 PM
DISCLAIMER: this rant is aimed specifically at SLOWLDSTECH

well i will just go ahead and assume you are talking about me. first of all i never said it didnt play a factor, but come on 200+ HP and probably 300 lb ft of TQ. i dont doubt a bit that the honda is 12 sec. car. the honda is 200 HP N/A and the mustang is BOOSTED, and its a convertible so its heavier blah, blah, blah.he is the one who bought the heavier version of said heavy car. and you and your HP/QTR mi calculator can both eat a dick. that is given perfect conditions and so on and so forth. i think you even said "and he ran that on street tire's" so it seems as if it couldnt get better. i know there is 03-04 cobra on this website making around the same HP and he is running around 11.7's so HMMMMMMM sounds like a there may be a flaw in ur little E-1/4 mile calculator. and dont even start w/ well his mustang must be lighter shit. GTFO here w/ that shit. point blank quit being a cheerleader (the only reason this thread was made obviously)and let the 2 ppl involved race. all this P2W shit you are spewing doesnt matter and only will IF the mustang loses then it all starts up again w/ well he is spraying, his car is 1500lbs lighter :jerkit: let the fuckin guys race and see if his heavy, boosted ass mustang can win against a spraying , wittle ol 4 cylinder.

not trying to step on anyone's toes, i am not biased in this race w/ who wins or loses at all but it sounds like excuses are already being made before anything has even happened AND NOT EVEN BY THE DRIVER OF THE CAR. quit trying to come up w/ reasons as to why why domestics are inferior to imports<------ instigating. if your only reason as to why a honda can beat a mustang (only an example) w/ twice the horsepower and triple the TQ is weight then it sounds to me like maybe a lighter vehicle should have been purchased.

JUST LET THE 2 GUYS FUCKING RACE AND GET IT OVER WITH.

b16EG-HaTcH
08-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah, that calculator said my dsm would run an 11.5 at the time. Just saying.
That calculator bases it's times on RWD cars because, set up properly, they will have a better 60' time. A properly set up RWD will out launch an AWD ANY DAY of the week. I had a few cars launch the hell out of me, even when I launched off two step or upped it to around 6k. Can't always go to the calculator.

Also, Nemo runs in the 13's. Look at the runs when he ran Lee. It don't matter. You can't go just on P:W. Look at who has the advantage for launching... RWD on 10.5" wide tires, or FWD on 8" tires (assuming).

Just let it go. They will run when Nemo gets his car back on the road. It's been established. Let's not start anymore drama about it. And if ya'll are so worried Nemo has the advantage of power to weight ratio... Then why does he want to go from a dig? That's where it comes into play the most. Also, aerodynamics of a mustang are about as good as a brick. Ask any 05+ mustang owner how it feels when you hit over 120. So, wouldn't a dig be better for the mustang? Just my .02. But I am out of this thread, not going to say anything else.

damnit i just typed out that whole paragraph (or 2 LoL) and you beat me too it and w/ less to read at that :doh:

slostang
08-05-2009, 11:14 PM
dumb thread. race and stfu.

BB1_Luda
08-05-2009, 11:26 PM
That calculator does not factor in torque either. Horsepower ain't everything...

The v8 will have a very wide flat torque range.
The 4 cylinder will be laughable and fall off quite a bit as rev's get higher.
If 2 cars had the same weight and same peak hp. a turbo/na 4cyl will lose to a v8.

slostang
08-05-2009, 11:33 PM
That calculator does not factor in torque either. Horsepower ain't everything...

The v8 will have a very wide flat torque range.
The 4 cylinder will be laughable and fall off quite a bit as rev's get higher.
If 2 cars had the same weight and same peak hp. a turbo/na 4cyl will lose to a v8.

although a valid point, gearing/gear ratio's also is also a huge factor.

OldsTech
08-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Im not trying to figure out Nemo times. I use 210hp just to get him in the 12.5. I had to have them running the same time. To get the different in weight. I can't believe yall get so upset over something this little. Telling me to let it go. Its just a simple Power to weight calculate. And the Reason I use Gt and nemo. Is cuz of the recent event and wanted something everyone could relate too. If I know it would get this kind of negative reponse just on the ppls I used. I would have u Me vs chris. It donesn't matter. It just weight and hp.

And when I have tested in the past. It is very accurate within a couple of tenth. IF yoo run right and right weather. If yall wanted to try to prove me wrong. Then please do.

And the calculator doesnt know if it FWD or RWD or AWd. Its just a simple ratio. Stopping to take thing to the next level. All im giving is how weight can overcomes hp.

creman
08-06-2009, 06:37 AM
bench racing at it's finest.

Eksgot_ti
08-06-2009, 07:39 AM
that calculator sux. Just run them and we will find out

blown_ss
08-06-2009, 07:43 AM
lol at this thread.

check out what car and driver has to say about what this mustang weighs.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/05q2/ford_mustang_gt_convertible-road_test

NEMO
08-06-2009, 08:28 AM
damnit i went to bed to early last night :lmfao: :lmfao:

Honda Coupe Gutted, 5 speed GSR tranny, Drag radials and since we dont know the true horse power lets say to the wheel 210hp.the only thing gutted is seats and behind the dash. and my HP is not even 200 to the wheel:lmfao: maybe between 180-190

So with both car at 12.5 in the 1/4.i would love for my car to hit the 12s but i am no where near that yet. maybe after my tune who knows.

but like i said before if you are worried about the weight or that im spraying. then dont run me because i dont want to hear the shit talk after the run

OldsTech
08-06-2009, 09:15 AM
damnit i went to bed to early last night :lmfao: :lmfao:
the only thing gutted is seats and behind the dash. and my HP is not even 200 to the wheel:lmfao: maybe between 180-190
i would love for my car to hit the 12s but i am no where near that yet. maybe after my tune who knows.

but like i said before if you are worried about the weight or that im spraying. then dont run me because i dont want to hear the shit talk after the run

I know man. And im not saying u run 12's. I had to get yalls car to run the same time on the calculator. To get the weight difference. I had to plug several different number to your car to 12.5 on the calculator. Thats all. I want the weight different. And to show how little hp u need to run fast. Not u run this or that. Just an power to weight example

89FOXBODY
08-06-2009, 06:13 PM
fail....:goodjob:

umairejaz
08-06-2009, 06:30 PM
BIG fail..... lol

DarKStaR
08-06-2009, 07:25 PM
those calculators lie....I put in my trap speed and vehicle weight, and it said i should have 194hp by my times...and i only had 175...I could just be that good ;) lol j/k

BB1_Luda
08-07-2009, 03:45 PM
IRL.

http://craig.backfire.ca/img/redneck-rice.png

http://craig.backfire.ca/img/torque.png

http://craig.backfire.ca/img/powerband.png

HypnoToad
08-07-2009, 04:10 PM
who cares how u get there

a quick car is a quick car........doesnt matter if its a V8 or a 4cyl

bowdown201
08-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Oldstech..just drop it already. No one gives a fuck about a 1/4 mile calculator. If you and the mustang are so ass hurt about nemo not racing tell him to name the fuckin place and we can run so yall can stfu

NEMO
08-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Oldstech..just drop it already. No one gives a fuck about a 1/4 mile calculator. If you and the mustang are so ass hurt about nemo not racing tell him to name the fuckin place and we can run so yall can stfutravis the date is set for the 15th:goodjob: want to join?

Motivation
08-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Errr... I MIGHT actually be picking mine up that day... I'll let ya know.

Just_CHill
08-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Lol, BRB is never the same without the drama I see...

Hondatypr636
08-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Lol, BRB is never the same without the drama I see...

drama is a way of life.

DSGMach1
08-12-2009, 10:30 AM
IRL.

Haha how you like that hypno? The "Redneck V8" is a chevy motor. Distributor on the front ftw!

Fuckin Mustangs:ninja::ninja:

Just_CHill
08-12-2009, 10:42 AM
IRL.

LOLOL!!! Reps!

Axon360
08-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Haha how you like that hypno? The "Redneck V8" is a chevy motor. Distributor on the front ftw!

I wouldn't fit the ricer version, since my hp/tq is semi equal toooooo

OldsTech
08-12-2009, 06:24 PM

I can't say anything thats all gm motors. I can't think of any non-gm motor thats is in the in back.

OldsTech
08-12-2009, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't fit the ricer version, since my hp/tq is semi equal toooooo

The power of a turbo on a inline 4.

jdm_crx_man
08-23-2009, 09:11 AM
210whp damn nemo????must be k series j/k lmao

OldsTech
08-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Its done buddy! The 210hp was only inputed to get nemo into the 12.5 zone. So I could get a est in difference in weight.