PDA

View Full Version : HID problem

ed_gm90
08-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey guys i have a question, one of my HIDs is brighter than the other one. Any one know what could be causing this? or how i can fix it? :???:

singhondeck
08-05-2009, 03:20 PM
the bulb has gone badd...i think...otherwise it shudnt happen

DynamicSound
08-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Your bulb could of gone bad, the ballast could be going bad, or the fuse could be going bad in your car. This is because when power decreases, the color/brightness changes and gets darker.

Easiest way to check it is to first remove and swop the bulbs. If the problem switched with the bulb...it is the bulb. If it does not change sides, then remove and swop the ballasts. If the problem switched with the ballast...it is the ballast. If it does not change sides...then it is not the HID kit. You then want to change your fuse for that side of the car to a new fuse with 15 amps.

slimm
08-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Your bulb could of gone bad, the ballast could be going bad, or the fuse could be going bad in your car. This is because when power decreases, the color/brightness changes and gets darker.

Easiest way to check it is to first remove and swop the bulbs. If the problem switched with the bulb...it is the bulb. If it does not change sides, then remove and swop the ballasts. If the problem switched with the ballast...it is the ballast. If it does not change sides...then it is not the HID kit. You then want to change your fuse for that side of the car to a new fuse with 15 amps.

x2:goodjob:

mocha latte cupcake
08-05-2009, 04:10 PM
i was going to say its like boobs... one is always bigger/better than the other just let it be... turns out i was wrong. :no: sorry.

DynamicSound
08-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Being a TC, it most likely not the fuse, but thought I would add that just in case.

Some HID kits tend lose color quickly. I know Xentec HID Kits lose their color quickly. I had tons of problems from them back when I was selling. I had a guy send me some just a month ago for warranty that he bought 10 months ago. He had a Bi-Xenon kit in 6000k and one of them turn yellow like 4300k.

DynamicSound
08-05-2009, 05:04 PM
i was going to say its like boobs... one is always bigger/better than the other just let it be... turns out i was wrong. :no: sorry.

:lmfao: :boobies: