PDA

View Full Version : Music QD's Old School Track of the day...

quickdodgeŽ
08-04-2009, 10:22 PM
WATCH AND LISTEN!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcrG05S_xoE)

One of the greatest groups of the East Coast getting barely riding on the coattails of old school hip hop. Gangstarr. Guru is a mic ripper for sure. Later, QD.

big crunch22
08-06-2009, 05:24 PM
i like this mayne

cjhutch
08-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Man Guru's Jazzmatazz series is one of the best. I like Vol.2 the most.

Rollmodl
08-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Have you heard Vol.4?

Rollmodl
08-11-2009, 09:15 PM
WATCH AND LISTEN!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcrG05S_xoE)

One of the greatest groups of the East Coast getting barely riding on the coattails of old school hip hop. Gangstarr. Guru is a mic ripper for sure. Later, QD.

Your really Old School. How far back do you go? T-La Rock (It's Yours) or maybe Cella Dwellaz?

quickdodgeŽ
08-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Your really Old School. How far back do you go? T-La Rock (It's Yours) or maybe Cella Dwellaz?

I have Grandmaster Flash, Funky Four +1, Treacherous Three, Grand Wizard Theodore, Jimmy Spicer. Don't let the white skin fool ya. I know my shit. Later, QD.

Rollmodl
08-11-2009, 10:34 PM
I have Grandmaster Flash, Funky Four +1, Treacherous Three, Grand Wizard Theodore, Jimmy Spicer. Don't let the white skin fool ya. I know my shit. Later, QD.

I love it man especially when you mentioned Jimmy Spicer. Do you remember the Fever? Are you originally from NY?

quickdodgeŽ
08-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I love it man especially when you mentioned Jimmy Spicer. Do you remember the Fever? Are you originally from NY?

I'm from Long Beach, CA. But I started listening to rap when around 1978 when Flash, Afrikka, Herc and those folks got it started. I've been a hip hop/rap junkie from then til around 1992 or so. Later, QD.

Rollmodl
08-11-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm from Long Beach, CA. But I started listening to rap when around 1978 when Flash, Afrikka, Herc and those folks got it started. I've been a hip hop/rap junkie from then til around 1992 or so. Later, QD.

Okay. Now your telling your age with that reference. I began listening to Hip Hop around 1977. It's good that you know your stuff. I havent met much people with that much history in Hip Hop besides myself and a few friends. Did you stop listening from 1992?

BTW I will be doing video coverage of the Tunerfest show for Tunerlifestyletv. We just became a forum sponsor and should have our banner ad up soon.

quickdodgeŽ
08-12-2009, 05:48 AM
Okay. Now your telling your age with that reference. I began listening to Hip Hop around 1977. It's good that you know your stuff. I havent met much people with that much history in Hip Hop besides myself and a few friends. Did you stop listening from 1992?

BTW I will be doing video coverage of the Tunerfest show for Tunerlifestyletv. We just became a forum sponsor and should have our banner ad up soon.

I mean I listened to it throughout the 90s but was losing interest in it during that time and especially in the new decade. I just keep old school CDs with me and listen to them everywhere. I also keep soul/R&B as well, from Confunkshun to Mary Jane Girls to Jonzun Crew, Ohio Players and the lot.

I should be at TFS. Later, QD.