PDA

View Full Version : This is complete BS

BanginJimmy
08-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Obama's justice department drops charges against Bl;ack Panthers who intimidate white voters in Philly. This proves to me that Obama is a racist, I mean, why else would this case be dropped? The case was actually already won and over with and Justice was about to hand out the civil sanctions. Yet the case is dropped with no reasons given by the new transparent regime in Washington.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2009/05/29/charges-black-panthers-dropped-obama/

Or for those that denounce anything from Fox. How about the Washington Times?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/29/career-lawyers-overruled-on-voting-case/?feat=home_cube_position1

TIGERJC
08-04-2009, 10:24 PM
yep obama is racist :rolleyes:

ahabion
08-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Are you kidding?! He can't be racist... he's Black... (sarcasm)

preferredduck
08-05-2009, 12:42 AM
just like this story never made it out of ohio and nothing has been done about it at all. no leads, arrests, suspects, anything.

http://www.ohio.com/news/50172282.html

Akron police say they aren't ready to call it a hate crime or a gang initiation.

But to Marty Marshall, his wife and two kids, it seems pretty clear.

It came after a family night of celebrating America and freedom with a fireworks show at Firestone Stadium. Marshall, his family and two friends were gathered outside a friend's home in South Akron.

Out of nowhere, the six were attacked by dozens of teenage boys, who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as they confronted Marshall and his family.

The Marshalls, who are white, say the crowd of teens who attacked them and two friends June 27 on Girard Street numbered close to 50. The teens were all black.

''This was almost like being a terrorist act,'' Marshall said. ''And we allow this to go on in our neighborhoods?''

They said it started when one teen, without any words or warning, blindsided and assaulted Marshall's friend as he stood outside with the others.

When Marshall, 39, jumped in, he found himself being attacked by the growing group of teens.

His daughter, Rachel, 15, who weighs about 90 pounds, tried to come to his rescue. The teens pushed her to the ground.

His wife, Yvonne, pushed their son, Donald, 14, into bushes to keep him protected.

''My thing is,'' Marshall said, ''I didn't want this, but I was in fear for my wife, my kids and my friends. I felt I had to stay out there to protect them, because those guys were just jumping, swinging fists and everything.

''I'm lucky. They didn't break my ribs or bruise my ribs. I thank God, they concentrated on my thick head because I do have one. They were trying to take my head off my spine, basically.''

After several minutes of punches and kicks, the attack ended and the group ran off. The Marshalls' two adult male friends were not seriously hurt.

''I don't think I thought at that moment when I tried to jump in,'' Rachel Marshall said. ''But when I was laying on the ground, I was just scared.''

Marshall was the most seriously injured. He suffered a concussion and multiple bruises to his head and eye. He said he spent five nights in the critical care unit at Akron General Medical Center.

The construction worker said he now fears for his family's safety, and the thousands of dollars in medical bills he faces without insurance.

''I knew I was going to get beat, but not as bad as I did,'' Marshall said. ''But I did it to protect my family. I didn't have a choice. There was no need for this. We should be all getting along. But to me, it seems to be racist.''

Akron police are investigating. Right now, the case is not being classified as a racial hate crime. There were no other reports of victims assaulted by the group that night.

The department's gang unit is involved in the investigation, police said.

''We don't know if it's a known gang, or just a group of kids,'' police Lt. Rick Edwards said.

The Marshalls say they fear retaliation at home or when they go outside. They are considering arming themselves, but they're concerned about the possible problems that come with guns.

For now, they are hoping police can bring them suspects. They believe they can identify several of the attackers.

''This makes you think about your freedom,'' Marshall said. ''In all reality, where is your freedom when you have this going on?''

BanginJimmy
08-05-2009, 05:25 AM
How many threads do you plan on posting that in? Obama has no need to be involved in local cases and he needs to stay out of it. Just like he should have with Gates.

tony
08-05-2009, 05:42 AM
lol Washington Times is no different than Fox. I'll have to read up before commenting.

David88vert
08-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Don't read it. Watch the video. They committed a crime when they brandished weapons. If the nightsticks had been in holders, they would probably be within the law; however, this is pretty clear cut.
Had this been a couple of KKK members in paramilitary gear while bandishing nightsticks, they would have been sent to prison for a hate crime.

BanginJimmy
08-05-2009, 07:54 AM
Don't read it. Watch the video. They committed a crime when they brandished weapons. If the nightsticks had been in holders, they would probably be within the law; however, this is pretty clear cut.
Had this been a couple of KKK members in paramilitary gear while bandishing nightsticks, they would have been sent to prison for a hate crime.

I agree completely. When you add this to Wright and Gates it starts to paint an ugly picture.

Vteckidd
08-05-2009, 08:29 AM
+1

I saw this live the day of the election. Since when did we condone intimidation tactics?

jorgen
08-05-2009, 01:21 PM
One the one had... I think from that video this must be a joke. Walk in, Vote, done.
Guy aint doin shit. Had he beat someone or made a threat, then this would have been a case.

On the other hand, this guy has a really good point...
"Had this been a couple of KKK members in paramilitary gear while bandishing nightsticks, they would have been sent to prison for a hate crime."

BanginJimmy
08-05-2009, 03:15 PM
One the one had... I think from that video this must be a joke. Walk in, Vote, done.
Guy aint doin shit. Had he beat someone or made a threat, then this would have been a case.

"Had this been a couple of KKK members in paramilitary gear while bandishing nightsticks, they would have been sent to prison for a hate crime."

You don't think walking around a polling place brandishing a weapon is serious? What planet are you from?

AirMax95
08-05-2009, 04:13 PM
yep obama is racist :rolleyes:

Yeah, for that matter, I am too :ninja:

When people understand the intricacies of racism.....never mind, lost cause on this board. How does this prove Obama is racist?

Anyway, I have been looking for more on the case. The news reports don't tell the "why".

Also, not to justify the said actions, KKK rallies have been doing this for years, and still do. Nothing new in my book. Like I have said before, radicals cancel themselves out eventually.

BanginJimmy
08-05-2009, 05:01 PM

You don't think walking around a polling place brandishing a weapon is serious? What planet are you from?

David88vert
08-05-2009, 05:03 PM
I agree completely. When you add this to Wright and Gates it starts to paint an ugly picture.

I am not saying that Obama is racist, just that those actions are pretty clear, so they should investigate WHY these Black Pather members were let off the hook for a clear violation of legal statutes.

BanginJimmy
08-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Yeah, for that matter, I am too :ninja:

When people understand the intricacies of racism.....never mind, lost cause on this board. How does this prove Obama is racist?

You think some 3rd tier political appointee made that decision himself? If you do, I have been giving you FAR too much credit.

Would Obama, or anyone else in the Justice Dept, throw this case out of it was Skinheads in their costumes? I can assure you the answer is a resounding "no". Then you add the rhetoric of Obama's friends Wright and Gates, along with the mentalities of his wife and it paints a pretty clear picture to anyone not blinded with awe at his very name.

Anyway, I have been looking for more on the case. The news reports don't tell the "why".

That would be because no one will even admit who gave the order. How are you liking the new transparency in this administration?

Also, not to justify the said actions, KKK rallies have been doing this for years, and still do. Nothing new in my book. Like I have said before, radicals cancel themselves out eventually.

Please show me a case within the last 25 years of a KKK rally at a polling place during a federal election.

LizBiz
08-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Maybe we need a "Race" section....I swear nothing in the "politics" section is about politics. *shakes head*

TSiFTW
08-06-2009, 04:57 AM
Maybe we need a "Race" section....I swear nothing in the "politics" section is about politics. *shakes head*

When Race involves politics, it is relevant. They are not saying your white I'm black yada yada. This is about a blatant disrespect for the law that states no campaining outside the poll locations during elections. It is the same as campaining in my book since violence was threatened and no action was taken. That tells me he condoned the action. Once again Obama thinks he can just override the law. What a joke he is. One day you left wing nutswingers will see the light as many already have. Hope it is not to late for you when you do. :(

TSiFTW
08-06-2009, 04:58 AM

Not saying you are a leftwing nutswinger. I was just sayin in general.

zspeed24
08-06-2009, 05:09 AM
When Race involves politics, it is relevant. They are not saying your white I'm black yada yada. This is about a blatant disrespect for the law that states no campaining outside the poll locations during elections. It is the same as campaining in my book since violence was threatened and no action was taken. That tells me he condoned the action. Once again Obama thinks he can just override the law. What a joke he is. One day you left wing nutswingers will see the light as many already have. Hope it is not to late for you when you do. :(

:goodjob:

David88vert
08-06-2009, 07:11 AM
You think some 3rd tier political appointee made that decision himself? If you do, I have been giving you FAR too much credit.

I do.

Obama does not have the time to look at every case and make a decision. It is a physical impossibility. Usually, the president's cabinet advisors will make a decision, of which he will be informed of in a brief fast-moving meeting.
This case would have been nothing more than a small bullet point on a PP, if it even came up at all. A lot is done in the president's name without him being involved. It's called delegation.
The reality is that his cabinet staff are making the decisions, that's why it is important to choose a president that will choose good advisors.

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 08:34 AM
So, before you read, you have YET to show me how Obama is racist.

Would Obama, or anyone else in the Justice Dept, throw this case out of it was Skinheads in their costumes? I can assure you the answer is a resounding "no". Then you add the rhetoric of Obama's friends Wright and Gates, along with the mentalities of his wife and it paints a pretty clear picture to anyone not blinded with awe at his very name.

David88vert took the words right off my keyboard.

I will bite into your scenario of "if" they were Skinheads. Skinheads are so fucking numb in the head that they would have inflicted violence, and claim to have done so in the name of Hitler. Hell, white america is so afraid of the "big black man" that George Foreman could have stood there in plain clothes and scared them, lol. So, can I say that they would have gotten off, NO. Until more of the story is reported no one can say "if" to anything. Recants, false testimony, etc could have easily turned this.

Look, you can continue to bash Wright and Gates. I know both of their history, where their speech and essay content come from, and why they do what they do. None of you here has listened to Wrights complete sermons, nor have you taken the time to grasp the message. Gates, don't even get me started! I bet 6.25 people here actually know him, outside of "the Harvard professor". Seemingly, there is no more white guilt, it is now white fear.

Go ahead, call me a racist too :goodjob:

That would be because no one will even admit who gave the order. How are you liking the new transparency in this administration?

I am willing to bet no one asked the question as to WHO gave the order, especially when people like you smear "Obama is a racist" to give blame to someone. When the who question is asked, or someone speaks, keep the racist 8 ball in the corner pocket sir.

Please show me a case within the last 25 years of a KKK rally at a polling place during a federal election.

Funny thing, there are not any CASES because charges were not brought up. Why? Well because when the KKK does their racist roundups, it considered peaceful. Putting KKK and peaceful in the same sentence.....OH EM GEE :eek: They have always gotten of on the the First Amendment, prohibiting government from abridging "the right of the people peaceably to assemble." Like I said, I don't condone the acts of the NBPP, I am making the fact that these idiots on both sides will solve their own problems; self destruction.

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Here is a link that spells out more of the ruling, not much, but gives some insight.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/gop-holder-battle-over-new-black-panthers-2009-07-12.html

TSiFTW
08-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Point being this. Race is race. Everyone with any life experience can racially profile. While race is relevant in a political discussion when it is drug in by a political figure it still is stupid. Arguing over whether it would be a big deal if KKK done the same thing. Hahaha. No point in it. The fact is the Panthers done it. Not the KKK. Get over it. Don't try to justify it. It was wrong. Period. It would be wrong NO MATTER WHO done it. And if you try to justify it, then you are wrong and you know it. Obama has much bigger fish to fry then race cards. Will he do it, he may try. That is to be seen. I just wish some people will quit looking at him as being black, and look at his political stand. You will see that he is failing. He is losing backing, his popularity is falling, and you're change isn't what you thought it would be. He has all the potential to be the next Jimmy Carter or quite possibly worse. When you watch the biased news channels, actually listen to what Obama has to say, not what the reporters are twisting it into. He is not your Robin Hood. He is rich. He got that way through deceiving us. You think he wants to cut his own throat to spite his face. Hell no he don't. Look past him being black and look at him as being a politician. Then do some real research and compare what he is trying to do with other world leaders of the past with the same principles and look at their failure rates. He is no hero. He is no savior. He is no President. He cares about himself and himself only. If you think he gives a damn about any of you then you are sadly mistaken. Sorry for the long ass post but I had too.

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 09:29 AM
I really don't think anyone is justifying what was done by the NBBP. The KKK was brought up to show that 1) Its not new practice, 2) There are bad apples everywhere.

Also, I don't think he got rich by decieving people.

At the end of his term we all will look back and have opinions on him, as with all past politicians.

TSiFTW
08-06-2009, 10:21 AM
I really don't think anyone is justifying what was done by the NBBP. The KKK was brought up to show that 1) Its not new practice, 2) There are bad apples everywhere.

Also, I don't think he got rich by decieving people.

At the end of his term we all will look back and have opinions on him, as with all past politicians.

I know your point. I was simply stating that the race should be (but isn't) null. Look past it. Look at the real political issues. The I just threw in some of my own:2cents:. Real talk though, I would love to see him prove me wrong. I just don't think it'll happen.

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 10:29 AM
I know your point. I was simply stating that the race should be (but isn't) null. Look past it. Look at the real political issues. The I just threw in some of my own:2cents:. Real talk though, I would love to see him prove me wrong. I just don't think it'll happen.

Cool. I will save myself the torment and wait till the term is up.

I was browsing a few forums and lots of people are outraged at the charges being dropped. Plenty of them calling the Black Panthers racist, and that they have always been. The thing people need to distingush is that the Black Panters and the NEW Black Panthers are two VERY different organizations. The Black Panthers are actually at the throats of the New Balck Panthers because they are doing what blacks did not want done to them. Pisses me off :2up: Some people just don't get it. The way to keep the fight alive to combat racial discrimination and unjust acts is not to turn the table. As I get more free time, I am going to start speaking and volunteering at functions that address this topic, amongst others.

Ignorance and stupidity hold no race or color.

LizBiz
08-06-2009, 10:32 AM

Your opinion works for you however, it does not work for me. Let's just leave it at that. Politics is not my forte, but I do not quite grasp how this situation makes OBAMA racist.

TSiFTW
08-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Ignorance and stupidity hold no race or color.

That is all that needs to be said.:goodjob:

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Your opinion works for you however, it does not work for me. Let's just leave it at that. Politics is not my forte, but I do not quite grasp how this situation makes OBAMA racist.

It doesn't......

When BanginJimmy proves it, I'm moving to Pluto.

TSiFTW
08-06-2009, 10:49 AM

First off I will start by saying that I did not say he was or wasn't. I don't know how his name was brought up in the first place considering the topic was about the Panthers. However he has done some things that should not be done by the President in my opinion. Anyone who puts themselves in a position to be racially profiled. Guess what? You will be profiled and ridiculed. It is just life.

Like I said in my other post, we can all racially profile. No doubt about that. If Obama does just one thing that fits that profile people will say he is racist. Just like if I (being white) yell Freebird at a bar, you will no doubt know what color I am without even looking. You could even say to your friends," hey you hear that white boy yell Freebird", without even looking at me. Are you being racist, probably not. Are you profiling, absolutely. We are all guilty of it! However, let someone hear you say that and they may take it as being racist. We all have our own views on politics no doubt. Obama just needs to stop doing things that CAN possibly make OUR president out as being a racist, and start focusing on more important issues than race. That is all.

LizBiz
08-06-2009, 10:59 AM
I don't know how his name was brought up in the first place considering the topic was about the Panthers. I was wondering the same, but the OP stated:

This proves to me that Obama is a racist, I mean, why else would this case be dropped?

he said it, not me. I'm just trying to make sense of it.

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 11:00 AM
What on God's green earth has Obama done to, even at the least, make him out to be racist?

TSiFTW
08-06-2009, 11:07 AM
What on God's green earth has Obama done to, even at the least, make him out to be racist?

Getting involved with ANYTHING at all that involves race, you may not want to discuss it and I don't want to discuss the happenings of recent,can be made out by some to be racist. He should not have gotten personally involved. Period. Therefore I stand by my statement that if it involves race he should disassociate himself from personally getting involved. Ever.

Total_Blender
08-06-2009, 11:10 AM

I heard Obama eats babies for breakfast and puppies for dinner. :ninja:

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Getting involved with ANYTHING at all that involves race, you may not want to discuss it and I don't want to discuss the happenings of recent,can be made out by some to be racist. He should not have gotten personally involved. Period. Therefore I stand by my statement that if it involves race he should disassociate himself from personally getting involved. Ever.

Thank you sir for proving that no one understands the definition of racist or racism.

Seriously, people whore the word out like honda wheels on IA.

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 11:13 AM
I heard Obama eats babies for breakfast and puppies for dinner. :ninja:

Yeah, he's sitting next to me! We are going to KFC for lunch to feed our fried chicken crave and discuss the NFL season :lmfao:

LizBiz
08-06-2009, 11:14 AM
If Obama does just one thing that fits that profile people will say he is racist. Are you stating in general or on this subject, if you're talking about this subject...so because the case was dropped, this makes him look like a racist?

Obama just needs to stop doing things that CAN possibly make OUR president out as being a racist, and start focusing on more important issues than race. That is all. how do these things make him look racist? I don't think OBAMA his focused on race......people make situations about race.

I'm going to go out on a bit of a limb here and say....race is discussed more so NOW than before, and we all know why. Everytime something happens race gets thrown into the equation, by people.

Total_Blender
08-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Therefore I stand by my statement that if it involves race he should disassociate himself from personally getting involved. Ever.

Thats kind of hard for him to do when his critics drag his name into arguments. He was mentioned in the first post on IA about the Gates incident, it was something like "we elected the first Black president... the era of White guilt is over!!!1!!".

Some people look to him like he's the leader and spokesperson of all Black people, and that all Black people everywhere are in agreement on everything, all the time :crazy:

TSiFTW
08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Thank you sir for proving that no one understands the definition of racist or racism.

Seriously, people whore the word out like honda wheels on IA.

That is the point I was trying to get across. The term racism has became so broad spectrum that it is thrown around like a stick in a dog park. I am simply trying to say, no more racism bullshit, lets get onto the real topics.

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Thats kind of hard for him to do when his critics drag his name into arguments. He was mentioned in the first post on IA about the Gates incident, it was something like "we elected the first Black president... the era of White guilt is over!!!1!!".

Some people look to him like he's the leader and spokesperson of all Black people, and that all Black people everywhere are in agreement on everything, all the time :crazy:

Ahh, which brings me to another irritating topic......I shall save it for another day.

TSiFTW
08-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Ahh, which brings me to another irritating topic......I shall save it for another day.

Took the letters right off my keyboard.:goodjob:

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 11:26 AM
That is the point I was trying to get across. The term racism has became so broad spectrum that it is thrown around like a stick in a dog park. I am simply trying to say, no more racism bullshit, lets get onto the real topics.

So, back to your statement though. WHY SHOULD HE HOLD HIS TONGUE AND DISASSOCIATE HIMSELF FOR FEAR OF BEING LABELED AS SOMETHING THAT IS FASLE?

He should be able to discuss on what the hell he feels, just like any other american, president or not.

He is not Racist and has not done anything to be Racist.

Seriously, he was called a racist for say "the cop acted stupidly". He didn't even say WHITE cop....he said COP/OFFICER. WTF? How is that racist. Now, a case is dropped against the New Black Panther Party, and he is racist? The hail is going on here? :???:

People need to stop and really look at history to understand racist and racism. Speaking on a topic that involves another race does not make you racist. It does not mean you feel that your race is superior, you are hatred towards another race, nor that you are discriminating against another race.

TSiFTW
08-06-2009, 11:39 AM
And btw I am starting to agree with Liz on the subject of if you wanna talk race then post about race. If you wanna talk politics then talk politics. I just don't believe that race and politics go hand in hand now days. It was only relevant to this discussion because yes his name was brought into it. It seriously just gets to me seeing anything about race now days. Maybe when people of all races start to realize that everything that happens in Washington affects everyone in this Country, of every race, then better issues can be discussed.

zspeed24
08-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Thats kind of hard for him to do when his critics drag his name into arguments.

Didn't he inject himself into the Gates fiasco?

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 11:45 AM
And btw I am starting to agree with Liz on the subject of if you wanna talk race then post about race. If you wanna talk politics then talk politics. I just don't believe that race and politics go hand in hand now days. It was only relevant to this discussion because yes his name was brought into it. It seriously just gets to me seeing anything about race now days. Maybe when people of all races start to realize that everything that happens in Washington affects everyone in this Country, of every race, then better issues can be discussed.

Politician to Politican = don't see race....they see power and money. I don't think all are corrupt, but they walk a thin line and can easily be swayed.

What people are trying to do is shut him up pretty much! They also labeled him racist, because he is supporting "racist" Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor. Give me a break.....now everyones racist, lol.

TSiFTW
08-06-2009, 11:47 AM
So, back to your statement though. WHY SHOULD HE HOLD HIS TONGUE AND DISASSOCIATE HIMSELF FOR FEAR OF BEING LABELED AS SOMETHING THAT IS FASLE?

He should be able to discuss on what the hell he feels, just like any other american, president or not.

He is not Racist and has not done anything to be Racist.

Seriously, he was called a racist for say "the cop acted stupidly". He didn't even say WHITE cop....he said COP/OFFICER. WTF? How is that racist. Now, a case is dropped against the New Black Panther Party, and he is racist? The hail is going on here? :???:

People need to stop and really look at history to understand racist and racism. Speaking on a topic that involves another race does not make you racist. It does not mean you feel that your race is superior, you are hatred towards another race, nor that you are discriminating against another race.

Just an example. So, if I said a racial slur to a black man or woman and it made headlines, should he really take time out of his day that he should be using on more important issues, to go on national television and say I acted stupidly. Hell no. It doesn't matter how important of a figure the guy thinks he is. He is no better than any other black/white person. If you can't understand that then I feel sorry for you. End of story.

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Refer to below.....blah.

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Just an example. So, if I said a racial slur to a black man or woman and it made headlines, should he really take time out of his day that he should be using on more important issues, to go on national television and say I acted stupidly. Hell no. It doesn't matter how important of a figure the guy thinks he is. He is no better than any other black/white person. If you can't understand that then I feel sorry for you. End of story.

I see where you are going, but it still falls back to how society wants you to act. Sure, he could have skipped the subject and moved on, but he chose not to.

The issue is not that he said something, the issue is what he said had him LABLED as a RACIST, to country that can't define RACISM.

Remember when people were pissed because he was choosing his Final four BBall picks? Can he not be human?

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Yeah, he's racist also because he supports Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor.....who is also a "racist".

Geeze....there are some butt hurt people!

Let's have a racist party, we can all come!

preferredduck
08-06-2009, 11:54 AM
+1

I saw this live the day of the election. Since when did we condone intimidation tactics?

it's not supposed to happen but it does. if they commited a crime then they should be punished.

TSiFTW
08-06-2009, 11:57 AM
it's not supposed to happen but it does. if they commited a crime then they should be punished.

Back on topic and no mention of race. Hooray for you. :goodjob:

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Seriously....case closed.

They should have been punished, but they said lack of evidence had the charges dropped.

Sucks...

TSiFTW
08-06-2009, 12:02 PM

They should have been punished, but they said lack of evidence had the charges dropped.

Sucks...

Agreed:goodjob:

BanginJimmy
08-06-2009, 02:09 PM

Sucks...

Case was already won, what do they need more evidence for?

Hell that video is enough to convict ANYONE unless they get a presidential pardon, which is exactly what this was.

As far as him being racist maybe that was a poor choice of words. He just hates whitey.

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 02:29 PM
How does he hate whitey?

Nevermind.....forget.....

BanginJimmy
08-06-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm sorry that you are too blinded to see any faults in him but it seems pretty obvious to me.

AirMax95
08-06-2009, 02:57 PM
No, I see his faults, but I asked you how does he hate whitey?

If it is so obvious, just put it out there for us "blinded" people.

LizBiz
08-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Case was already won, what do they need more evidence for?

Hell that video is enough to convict ANYONE unless they get a presidential pardon, which is exactly what this was.

As far as him being racist maybe that was a poor choice of words. He just hates whitey.

This and your OP have proven to be null and void. Now is the time to take it for what its worth because you are beinging to sound ignorant.

bu villain
08-06-2009, 03:12 PM

It's obvious because if you were raised by a white mother and your black father wasn't around, you would hate whitey too!

Btw, I think it was a mistake for him to get involved in the Gates thing but he was trying to talk about Healthcare and he said he would take one last question from the press and they asked him about the Gates thing. He heard one of his friends got arrested in his own home and didn't have all the facts and made a "stupid" comment. Get over it... doesn't make him racist.

BanginJimmy
08-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Its obvious when you look at the facts. Obama spent 20 years listening to Wright's hate, which he obviously agreed with because he stayed there.
Then you have his friend Gates, who immediately throws the race card when he is obviously the only one in the wrong.
Then you have Sotomayor, who has said several times that a hispanic is better suited to make judicial decisions than a white male.
Finally you have his wife. The same woman who was never proud to be an American until the oppertunity for power was before her.

You can also look at several quotes from his books that also paint that picture.

What else do you need to see to open your eyes?

David88vert
08-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Its obvious when you look at the facts. Obama spent 20 years listening to Wright's hate, which he obviously agreed with because he stayed there.
I agree that it is obvious that he sat in there and heard the racist speeches from Wright and did not leave. While he says he did not agree with them, they definitely did not upset him enough for him to get up and leave.

Then you have his friend Gates, who immediately throws the race card when he is obviously the only one in the wrong.
I disagree that Gates was the only one in the wrong. If someone charged into your house after a long trip, you would be irritated also. He just took the wrong tactic in answering, and the cop arrested him after knowing it was Gates' house just to cover his ass. That was improper also. This was simply a situation that spun out of control when it was well-intentioned in the beginning.

Then you have Sotomayor, who has said several times that a hispanic is better suited to make judicial decisions than a white male.
While there are questions regarding her, Obama did not know her personally, and is simply going with who his advisors recommend. I doubt he chose her because she is racist. That would be the most ignorant error, and he is not know to be blatantly ignorant.

Finally you have his wife. The same woman who was never proud to be an American until the oppertunity for power was before her.
That's not what was said. Her quote was removed from context and your statement twists it to a different meaning/connotation. Personally, I think her Harvard thesis shows her to have racist tendencies though.

Is Obama racist? Not blatantly. No more so than most of the members on this forum. I think that he has done a better job of avoiding racial tensions than some past presidents. That does not mean that I think he is doing a good job, or a bad one though.

stephen
08-06-2009, 09:38 PM
I do.

Obama does not have the time to look at every case and make a decision. It is a physical impossibility. Usually, the president's cabinet advisors will make a decision, of which he will be informed of in a brief fast-moving meeting.
This case would have been nothing more than a small bullet point on a PP, if it even came up at all. A lot is done in the president's name without him being involved. It's called delegation.
The reality is that his cabinet staff are making the decisions, that's why it is important to choose a president that will choose good advisors.

THANK YOU!

let's look at this another way, shall we...

in all fairness, if it wasn't for obama being elected in the first place, then "HIS justice department" may not have the particular jobs that they have. hell, for all we know his people felt like "well, these guys might've helped my boss get his job, which in turn led to me getting my job. i think we can let this go."

not to mention, the ARTICLE CLEARLY STATED the charges were dropped due to a law that the good savior BUSH PASSED. when you're cited for speeding, noise pollution, disorderly conduct, etc. whomever the powers that be are will already have a case against you...does that mean the charges will stick??? NO! INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, and in this case there was a way for these guys to appear innocent according to THE LAW.

BanginJimmy
08-07-2009, 05:42 AM
This was a civil case, not a criminal one. Because the defendants didn't show for court they received a summary judgement against them. At that point the case was over and won for the govt. Why in hell would they drop a case that was already won?

So Obama gets a pass for talking out his ass and calling a police dept stupid. Now he gets another pass for this. How many free rides are you going to give this moron?

Total_Blender
08-07-2009, 08:24 AM
So Obama gets a pass for talking out his ass and calling a police dept stupid.

The police dept did handle the situation badly; they should not have arrested Gates. He was in the right to chide them, but he went over the line in using the word "stupid".

I notice that whenever White conservatives discuss race, they are very glib about it. Lots of "period/end of story/get over it/it ain't 1850" etc. The conservative side of the race debate seems to have a lot to say to Black America, but seems unwilling to listen to other points of view.

BanginJimmy
08-07-2009, 09:06 AM
And the the black point of view is that the white guy is racist. I have never once said get over anything but how long will it be used as a crutch? It has become acceptale in this country to stereotype whites and especy white cops as racists. Why does that not get any attention?

How were the police wrong in arresting someone that is causing a scene in public? If anything the cop showed very good restraint with Gates then Obama.

stephen
08-07-2009, 10:15 AM
This was a civil case, not a criminal one. Because the defendants didn't show for court they received a summary judgement against them. At that point the case was over and won for the govt. Why in hell would they drop a case that was already won?

So Obama gets a pass for talking out his ass and calling a police dept stupid. Now he gets another pass for this. How many free rides are you going to give this moron?

the bottom line is the case was dropped due to the fact that these guys were protected by THE LAW. a law "created" by a white man, upheld by a black man, & "protected" a group of black men. sounds to me like you issue should be with BUSH.

lol, I ca't believe you're still stuck on the gates thing. in all fairness, gates was on his PRIVATE property. isn't it conservatives who always demand freedoms & less government? why shouldn't gates or ANYONE be able to say whatever they want to whomever they want when on their personal property. if we to go by your "standards" then obama has every right to come to YOUR private property, & arrest you now for calling him a racist on a PUBLIC forum.

preferredduck
08-07-2009, 10:31 AM

Sucks...

there is a video of them standing out front with nightsticks and i read they are from texas. what the fuck were they doing in philly, visiting cousin ray ray. if they were outside my voter building they would have left in handcuffs hours before a video would have been shot. usually there are police around making sure the "campaigning" isn't done at the voting building. They would have also been arrested if they stayed in texas. i for one think something more should be done about this but what i'm not sure. we all know if another group would have been out there with weapons they would still be in jail waiting for a hearing.

preferredduck
08-07-2009, 10:39 AM

well you never see the white side of his family, they don't get a tour of the white house. he also had several insances in a row where he should not have opened his mouth. on the gates arrest he said "i don't know all the facts yet but it seems the police acted stupidly" and at that point all he knew was his black friend was arrrested by a white cop. also look at the attorney general's new hate crime bill they are trying to sneak in other bills. some things just seem a certain way. also the civilian militia he wants is mainly young black men who think he is jesus or something.

they will soon try to get rid of protests soon because of these town hall meetings they say are GOP funded and insurance company ran. I CALL BS ON THAT!!! i think there are just alot of pissed off people who have seen him lie about every single one of his campaign promises and that doesn't make you feel very good about him anymore. transparency? Where? more like no transparency.

preferredduck
08-07-2009, 10:51 AM
the bottom line is the case was dropped due to the fact that these guys were protected by THE LAW. a law "created" by a white man, upheld by a black man, & "protected" a group of black men. sounds to me like you issue should be with BUSH.

lol, I ca't believe you're still stuck on the gates thing. in all fairness, gates was on his PRIVATE property. isn't it conservatives who always demand freedoms & less government? why shouldn't gates or ANYONE be able to say whatever they want to whomever they want when on their personal property. if we to go by your "standards" then obama has every right to come to YOUR private property, & arrest you now for calling him a racist on a PUBLIC forum.

the police had rights as soon as the call was put in for a possible burglary. i have an alarm system at my house. about 4 years ago i set it off one morning and did not hit the right button. guess what my white ass had to do, put my hands in the air and prove i lived at the residence. after about 10 mins they they left but the whole time they treated me like i did not live here, it's their job. if i was a criminal they did not want me to leave, so the point being gates should have cooperated.

Don't get me started on bush, i think he should have criminal charges against him.

AirMax95
08-07-2009, 11:06 AM

You can also look at several quotes from his books that also paint that picture.

What else do you need to see to open your eyes?

Ok, well, I guess I hate whitey too :rolleyes:

If you want a discussion thread on Wright, we can do so. If you want one on Gates, lets do that too.

Sotomayor has explained her comments and has been made clear what she meant. 98% of law in this country has been made by one race.

I myself at one point was not proud to be an American. The history alone gives me that feeling. My position now is numb. Michelle Obama said her piece numerous times, so what? That does not make her racist. That shows she is a compassioniate human that does not accept the past actions of this country.

Quotes from his book, please. The man, black half, went through the same ups and downs as any other black man. Sure he was privilged to an extent, but when the majority doesn't like you it shows, and you can feel it.

Would anyone else like to take a stab at how Obama hates whitey, is racist, or any other left field name?

Total_Blender
08-07-2009, 11:11 AM
they will soon try to get rid of protests soon because of these town hall meetings they say are GOP funded and insurance company ran. I CALL BS ON THAT!!! .

Dick Armey's FreedomWorks (the same people who brought you Teabagging) are busing people from their Republican districts into Democratic districts to attend and disrupt the Democratic town halls. They are trying to create the image of a Republican presence/threat in the constituencies where there is little or none. Instead of Democrat congressmen having to answer to their own constituents, they have to answer to the wingnuts Dick Armey is hauling around.

Other 527's are doing this as well. They make comparisons to the Freedom Riders and other movements that used groups from different locations to challenge local laws. But Freedom Riders and the other groups did not attempt to thwart the democratic process (as is Democracy, not the political party) by interfering with the opportunity of local citizens to directly discourse with their own representatives in congress.

The money for FreedomWorks, Americans For Prosperity, etc is coming directly from insurance companies. They probably spend more money on astroturfing, swiftboating, and political patronage than they spend on cancer research. :2up:

stephen
08-07-2009, 09:39 PM
the police had rights as soon as the call was put in for a possible burglary. i have an alarm system at my house. about 4 years ago i set it off one morning and did not hit the right button. guess what my white ass had to do, put my hands in the air and prove i lived at the residence. after about 10 mins they they left but the whole time they treated me like i did not live here, it's their job. if i was a criminal they did not want me to leave, so the point being gates should have cooperated.

Don't get me started on bush, i think he should have criminal charges against him.

calling the police does not give them any extra rights. the call is to make them aware of a danger to the public and/or an individual, and request their assistance with the use of the law.

once gates was identified as the owner of this particular personal property, further validating that there was no crime in process, then he should've no longer been considered the suspect of ANY other crime. he used his FREEDOM OF SPEECH to express how the situation made him feel. the cop acted stupidly by using his powers against someone who hadn't broken any laws due to him being on his personal property. why do you think he requested gates to "come outside?"

at the end of the day, reality OBVIOUSLY doesn't matter to some of you. due to the fact that no one owns slaves anymore, and we have a black president, black people are no longer justified for suggesting racism still exist...and if it does, then it's the blacks who are racist.

preferredduck
08-10-2009, 12:47 AM
calling the police does not give them any extra rights. the call is to make them aware of a danger to the public and/or an individual, and request their assistance with the use of the law.

once gates was identified as the owner of this particular personal property, further validating that there was no crime in process, then he should've no longer been considered the suspect of ANY other crime. he used his FREEDOM OF SPEECH to express how the situation made him feel. the cop acted stupidly by using his powers against someone who hadn't broken any laws due to him being on his personal property. why do you think he requested gates to "come outside?"

at the end of the day, reality OBVIOUSLY doesn't matter to some of you. due to the fact that no one owns slaves anymore, and we have a black president, black people are no longer justified for suggesting racism still exist...and if it does, then it's the blacks who are racist.

actually the phone call was probable cause and from my understanding he did not immediatley show who he was. gates should not have ran his mouth and pulled the race card and just should have said here is my ID officer, thanks for looking out for everything i own. go tell a cop a remark similar to his or flip them off or whatever you like and i bet you will get charged with something. we do have freedon of speech and you can say what you want, but on the flip side to this you should not be degrading to a cop, or any other person for that matter. i have the first ammendment right too but if i were to drop the N bomb i would get sued, charges filed, etc. i still want to find an attorney about my incident last year. i was called a cracker at work and lost my job. i guess teh rights only go so far these days.

.blank cd
08-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Im still trying to figure out why everyone thinks Obama has anything to do with this? Obama doesnt preside over the Judiciary branch of government, The supreme court does. Obama is head of the Executive branch of government. Please read up on Government Checks and Balances. FURTHERMORE, the president can only pardon FEDERAL crimes and crimes against the United States

This country sure would be fucked if presidents could just go pardoning people left and right

Total_Blender
08-10-2009, 10:37 AM
. FURTHERMORE, the president can only pardon FEDERAL crimes and crimes against the United States

This country sure would be fucked if presidents could just go pardoning people left and right

Since it was an election issue I'm assuming its some sort of federal case. Or it was something that was appealed to the scotus.

Presidents pardon questionable people all the time. Every single president in American history has made a few questionable pardons.

.blank cd
08-10-2009, 10:42 AM
its still a civil case. at best a case for the state.

Read up on all those questionable pardons. all of them were federal crimes

Total_Blender
08-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Read up on all those questionable pardons. all of them were federal crimes

Of course, why wouldn't they be. :screwy:

I'm really not sure whats going on with this case because Fox and other right-biased sources are the only ones covering it. So I am sure we're only getting half of the truth. I'll weigh in when there's credible information out there.

.blank cd
08-10-2009, 02:11 PM
I am too. There's definitely more to this story than we know. The laws are more defined than people actually think. And since it's a decent sized organization like the NBPP, there are alot of powerful attorneys involved. The facts are that they were credentialed to be there legally, and no real threat of violence was made. Tapping a night stick in your palms is no more a threat of violence than me looking at you and cracking my knuckles at the same time. But in no way does this make Obama a racist.