PDA

View Full Version : Vista cannot be installed...

dtmcnamara
08-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Well I just bought a 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD drive with the intention of installing my OS on it and running just that.

When you go to the M$ web site they say you just need a 20GB hard drive with at least 15GB free. Well I got home started to install everything and blue screen.

Well it reset so fast I could not read it, so I tried to install it again...blue screen again. Well this time I decided to catch in on camera, but I was too late.

Well I tried this about 5 more times when I finally got the blue screen on the camera...and it pretty much said I did not have enough memory on the drive to finish the install....WTF?

Well I guess I will have to wait until I get mother other drive and RAID them together.

Anyone got Vista Ultimate 64-Bit on a drive 30gb or know how to modify a install to get it to fit on the hard drive...THANKS

jorgen
08-05-2009, 08:03 AM
M$ web site
^Microsoft?

I don't know how big Vista is, but I know its not 15 Gigs.
Try wiping the drive clean and starting over?

After looking up OCZ Vertex SSD... Solid State drive. Interesting, not familiar with this new technology. My first thought is it could be driver related. Like when Installing XP on a SCSI drive, you have to install a special driver before it can read it and continue.

If those don't work...
Not sure if its a labtop or desktop, but if you can, go back to a normal ATA or SATA drive, and use the SSD for something else.

dtmcnamara
08-05-2009, 05:01 PM
figured it out...vista requires 30GB, but thats home and premium only. Business and Ultimate require 40GB to install and take up 20GB after install.

I just bought another 30GB and did a raid together to make a 60GB HD. Works fine now.

THANKS

jorgen
08-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Vista can take up 20 Gigs?

dtmcnamara
08-11-2009, 06:57 AM
ttt