PDA

View Full Version : Since this is a automotive enthusiast forum.

TheProfiteer
08-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Ok, so I originally joined IA because I got into cars started doin a bunch of swaps with a buddie of mine, and when ever i needed help or advice I knew I can always come here and get helped out. But that phase is over, no more swaps, no more OBD1 Civics, no more tools in my garage.

Thanks to Emino, and Vteckidd for being the most helpful, along with a few others here as well, they helped me out with alot of problems. So thanks guys.

Now lately I have been doing nothing but trolling the god damn WL forum, apart from some random FS threads, and a few threads in Computer Tech, I havent done much here cept troll. Now while the WL is good for some lulz, and some nice jailbait pics, it can get just a bit stale, redundant and childish.

Now I drive an 07 Civic EX coupe, its nothing special at all, its slow as balls, and the only thing its good for is MPG.

So my question is, Should I enter the car scene with my POS slow ass civic?
or GTFO?

Buttons
08-03-2009, 02:24 PM
i'm sure we've seen slower and worse... lol

TheProfiteer
08-03-2009, 02:25 PM
damn it, hear = here

mocha latte cupcake
car scene is for enthusiasts of all kinds.

dropped with wheels? enthusiast.

ICE inside the ride? enthusiast.

done got me a JDM shift knob, Hazard button, and coin holder? enthusiast.

as long as you come to the scene bringing happiness and the pursuit of enjoyment for the scene i'll never knock anyone. granted there are some misguided people we call ricers, but the pleasure derived from the scene is no less the same. stay and enjoy it man. mod as you want or don't want. :goodjob:

Ed
i'm sure we've seen slower and worse... lol

x2

PS: its Vteckidd.

Elbow
08-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Hondas are slow, useless, and have no potential, the wrong wheels have power, and because of that, they are just as good as your moms minivan.

That's why I have a CRX.

mocha latte cupcake
08-03-2009, 02:26 PM
x2

PS: its Vteckidd.

i was informed it was vtakkidd? :thinking:

Paul
08-03-2009, 02:27 PM
the car scene isn't about what you drive, what you know about cars, its about enjoying cars and having a good time. once you take it to any other level it just isn't the same. i've watched the scene go up/down for years the biggest thing that changes is the people in it. i still to this day love cars and love messing w/ them; as well as hanging w/ my friends who enjoy the same. IA/WL is just an extension of that love for cars - i get to BS w/ my friends online and be serious in other forums/parts of IA for the car shit.

Ed
08-03-2009, 02:29 PM
WL > internet.

TheProfiteer
08-03-2009, 02:30 PM
only thing is man, man does this car lack some fucking power, maybe I should trade it in for an Si at least. I am making low as fuck payments on this thing though, ($250 a month) on a 48 month finance. I couldnt of goten an Si at the price, but now I really wish I bit the bullet just endured the $50+ bucks a month for an Si

Paul
08-03-2009, 02:32 PM
only thing is man, man does this car lack some fucking power, maybe I should trade it in for an Si at least. I am making low as fuck payments on this thing though, ($250 a month) on a 48 month finance. I couldnt of goten an Si at the price, but now I really wish I bit the bullet just endured the $50+ bucks a month for an Si

small car + turbo = fun; keep the low payments/maintenance plus still have some fun

DriVaH
08-03-2009, 02:33 PM
the car scene isn't about what you drive, what you know about cars, its about enjoying cars and having a good time. once you take it to any other level it just isn't the same. i've watched the scene go up/down for years the biggest thing that changes is the people in it. i still to this day love cars and love messing w/ them; as well as hanging w/ my friends who enjoy the same. IA/WL is just an extension of that love for cars - i get to BS w/ my friends online and be serious in other forums/parts of IA for the car shit.x2... most importantly, do you and what makes you happy..:goodjob:

TheProfiteer
08-03-2009, 02:35 PM
small car + turbo = fun; keep the low payments/maintenance plus still have some fun

you know I was thinking that, getting a decent turbo kit, pushin no more than 8lbs or so, to get to at least 200HP to the crank.

but..........I dont know how well this thing will tune, considering its a 07. I dont know how easy it is to mod or chip the new emission computer systems on newer cars.

DriVaH
08-03-2009, 02:36 PM
only thing is man, man does this car lack some fucking power, maybe I should trade it in for an Si at least. I am making low as fuck payments on this thing though, ($250 a month) on a 48 month finance. I couldnt of goten an Si at the price, but now I really wish I bit the bullet just endured the $50+ bucks a month for an Sii remember a while back, they did a honda fit (time attack) with the single slammer making 700+ with a turbo

TheProfiteer
08-03-2009, 02:37 PM
i remember a while back, they did a honda fit (time attack) with the single slammer making 700+ with a turbo

I still want to keep this car as a Daily though, god knows im not even paid enough to afford insurance on this bitch. (stupid fucking fucked up record of mine)

mocha latte cupcake
08-03-2009, 02:39 PM
you know I was thinking that, getting a decent turbo kit, pushin no more than 8lbs or so, to get to at least 200HP to the crank.

but..........I dont know how well this thing will tune, considering its a 07. I dont know how easy it is to mod or chip the new emission computer systems on newer cars.

still going to be easy enough a AFC works just as good on new stuff as it does on old. my previous project made 187/185 and it was a blast to drive. it won its fair share of around city races and still got pretty good gas mileage :goodjob: i say do eet.

T25ish turbo for the lil fun pocket boost.

DriVaH
08-03-2009, 02:40 PM
I still want to keep this car as a Daily though, god knows im not even paid enough to afford insurance on this bitch. (stupid fucking fucked up record of mine)i know you wanted a dd, i was just showing you the potential that is there for a build...i am sure you can squeeze some fun out of it...

Paul
08-03-2009, 02:41 PM

this is why i drive dubs - they come turbo simple flash + bolt on's and your in the mid 200 :: low 300 range :cheers:

TheProfiteer
08-03-2009, 02:48 PM
whats a ballpark price estimate for slappin a turbo kit on this sucker?

mocha latte cupcake
08-03-2009, 02:51 PM
being that i don't know my hondas too well...

i'd say you could piece together a kit for under 2000 or so.

turbo - 400
fmic - 200
vafc - 150
injectors - 150
piping - 400 (FMIC, Intake, Downpipe) etc
couplers, tbolts, etc - 200
wideband - 200
fpr - 75
boost gauge - autometer = lulz cheap
blow off valve - OEM DSM like 11 bucks
idk how you kids do your return lines though...

DriVaH
08-03-2009, 02:56 PM
not sure about your year, it will depend on the type of kit. it will also be cheaper if you can piece one together like pure jdm said... i would say between 1000-3000

TheProfiteer
08-03-2009, 03:02 PM
should I wait until my odom hits 60k, when my powertrain warranty expires (i currently only have 28k on the odom)

mocha latte cupcake
08-03-2009, 03:04 PM
stack parts while your waiting then 60k hits :goodjob: Boom headshot teh boosts

TheProfiteer
08-03-2009, 03:05 PM
stack parts while your waiting then 60k hits :goodjob: Boom headshot teh boosts

fuck yeah not a bad idea.

I gota get some pics up of the ride while im at it, it surprisingly looks pretty darn clean for a civic.

how hard is installation. They did something good/bad with this gen civic

they pushed the engine in far as fuck in, under the dash, almost like they do with RWD american cars. So you dont have as much clearance as you did with older gen civics.

It gave the civic interior the illusion of alot more space (this gen has a huge fucking windshield) but decreased the ease of access to the motor bay almost 40%-50%.

so if I blow around 2000k on a turbo kit, i wonder how much more installation is gonna run me.

mocha latte cupcake
08-03-2009, 03:07 PM
true that... for all we know its a EF with an EG front swap and EK rear hatch conversion with a newer D series and a RSX trans. :ninja:

disclaimer: please no one attempt what i just wrote, it will be the scourge of the earth. i'm not taking responsibility for that hideousness thank you. -jm

Leadfoot_mf
08-03-2009, 06:01 PM
i glad so many come to the whoreslounge for life lessons.

NevrNufTorq
08-04-2009, 07:45 AM
if you like it, do what you want. or keep it as a daily and get something else to pimp for special occasions!!! most importantly do what makes you happy. what's wrong with driving a completely stock car but being on a car enthusiasts website b/c you love cars????? :thinking:

answer: nothing wrong with it in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Sammich
08-04-2009, 09:05 AM
WL > internet.qft and gtfo

Catnip
08-04-2009, 11:19 AM
fuck yeah not a bad idea.

I gota get some pics up of the ride while im at it, it surprisingly looks pretty darn clean for a civic.

how hard is installation. They did something good/bad with this gen civic

they pushed the engine in far as fuck in, under the dash, almost like they do with RWD american cars. So you dont have as much clearance as you did with older gen civics.

It gave the civic interior the illusion of alot more space (this gen has a huge fucking windshield) but decreased the ease of access to the motor bay almost 40%-50%.

so if I blow around 2000k on a turbo kit, i wonder how much more installation is gonna run me.

My :2cents: ...

If you have a garage, buy a cheap honda shell... put the motor you want in, and build it exactly how you want it. That way, your DD is still just that, a DD. Of course the car doesn't have to be a complete build, but stock Z6, tranny, and turbo kit = FUN.

All that can be done with a simple took kit from sears ($100-$200), jack/stands, and borrow an engine hoist from someone.

Vteckidd
08-04-2009, 11:40 PM
DOnt turbo an 8th gen civic. Waste of money.

First of all there is virtually no tuning system available for them, so it will run like shit in partial throttle aka gas mileage. Greddy Emanage is NOT A TUNING SYSTEM.

You could piece a kit together for cheap, but again, its not worth it if you cant tune it and you can cause expensive damage to the D thats in there.

K Swap, ehh, too much money, not enough power. Youll have a car as fast as a bone stock SI which are like $11,000 now thanks to the economy.

IMO, keep it, dont do shit to it. Maybe some cheap Rotas and Tein springs.

If you want to get back into modding cars, that is NOT that platform to do it with. You are better off picking up a car already modded.

Hell i paid $2500 for my B16 LSD CRX and it would walk all over my RX8 (which is as fast as your civic probably lol).

If i put $2500 in my RX8, it would still be slow

Catnip
08-05-2009, 01:14 AM

First of all there is virtually no tuning system available for them, so it will run like shit in partial throttle aka gas mileage. Greddy Emanage is NOT A TUNING SYSTEM.

You could piece a kit together for cheap, but again, its not worth it if you cant tune it and you can cause expensive damage to the D thats in there.

K Swap, ehh, too much money, not enough power. Youll have a car as fast as a bone stock SI which are like $11,000 now thanks to the economy.

If you want to get back into modding cars, that is NOT that platform to do it with. You are better off picking up a car already modded.

Hell i paid $2500 for my B16 LSD CRX and it would walk all over my RX8 (which is as fast as your civic probably lol).

PS. I hate you.

Slomaro Z28
08-05-2009, 11:08 AM

Couldn't agree more, I have a 07 civic ex also. The manifold for a turbo would be expensive since our cat is attached to the head and it doesn't have a traditional header. I say a set of wheels and lower it, maybe some HIDs.

voted not worth messing with based on the R18, other than that do what ya want.

TheProfiteer
08-05-2009, 01:02 PM
yeah guys, thats what I thought, not worth boosting the 8th gen.

Im probably gonna end up trading it in for an 07 Si.

I no longer have the tools necessary to do any more swaps in my garage. Compressor-Gone, Engine Lifet-Gone, all my tools-most are lost.

If the trade doesnt happen, a drop and some HIDs are probably what I am gonna do next.