PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Automotive Prepper or Detailer job.

koi
08-03-2009, 02:51 AM
I'm ASE certified in Paint and Refinishing. I also Painted, prepped, and detailed at my last job.

Problem is the last place I worked at closed it doors and I'm now doing something I hate. I really want to get back into painting cars or really anything to do with cars. Even though I would love to stay close to home. At this point, I will go anywhere and do anything to get back into the collision repair field.

Any leads will also help also.

koi
08-04-2009, 11:07 AM
lol

That's pretty much the answer i've been getting.

Nothing. :o.

Georgia_boy
08-04-2009, 01:45 PM
abra in morrow is looking for someone. Dont really know how far it is from conyers, but its worth a try.

koi
08-05-2009, 09:59 PM
The one in morrow is looking for a body tech. But I still gave them my resume anyways. ;o]~

Thanks for the heads up.

Motivation
08-05-2009, 10:52 PM
uh hum... thought you found a job? I am so confused? Go read the email I sent you. They still need someone.

NevrNufTorq
08-05-2009, 11:05 PM
sucks your all the way across town, i bet my paint guy dan would love to have a guy like you sucks sooo far away :(

hope you find something :goodjob:

koi
08-06-2009, 12:11 AM
uh hum... thought you found a job? I am so confused? Go read the email I sent you. They still need someone.

Checked my email and didn't see anything buddie.

NevrNufTorg- That seems to be the problem I keep running into. I use to work in norcross and didn't have a problem traveling. But my wife is pregnant. So the desire to stay close is strong. Only issue is alot of the jobs that have been open. Have either been to far north or close to were you live. But don't get me wrong. I would travel if it came to it.:lmfao:

AnTi-PooN
08-09-2009, 04:50 PM
there are at least 2 of these types of jobs a day on craigslist

koi
08-09-2009, 11:20 PM
I look every day and have only seen 1 painter/prep/detail job in the last two weeks. Now if I was a bodyman, That would be true. But all my experience is on the paint side.

aguynamedpat
08-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Justin, check this out:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/trd/1309468646.html

slaterock266
08-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Hey Koi I Just Moved Back To Conyers After Being In Nashville Auto-Diesel College Do U Know Of Any Places Hiring Bodymen, detailers, painter's helpers or anyhting like that. I am also ASE certified in Painting and i Also Have A Certification In Structural Analysis and Damage Repair I Just Need Some Help. I can't find anything any help would be greatly appreciated.

koi
08-13-2009, 10:17 AM
As of right now, I'm looking myself. So I'm not sure why you posted in here.

But I will give you some advice. If you have no experience in the field other then college. Then be prepared to not go into a job thinking you know your shit. You don't know how many people I have seen come from school to a job as a body man/painter only to fail. I'm not saying you can't do it. But school can get you the knowledge to get ASE and ICAR's. But doing the job in the real world is something totally different and can be hard at times.

Now saying that, I'm putting myself first and looking for myself a job close to home if I can. But if I get one and there still looking for people. I will give you a heads up. I would hope you would do the same for me.

greasemunkey
08-18-2009, 12:41 PM
i just checked a few places around where i live. they are at an all time low now. i got let go from a body shop around 3 months ago. times are tough guys.