PDA

View Full Version : General Chat So...Infiniti G35 owners!.

haybuddyy
08-02-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm kind of a noob. So I guess this goes here.

I'm probably purchasing an Infiniti G35 coupe here soon this week. It's a 2004.

All you people that have owned one or owns one currently; were you happy with it? What are the pros/cons of the car?

I'm kind of excited. Hopefully I won't be car-less anymore. :bump:

RL...
08-02-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm kind of a noob. So I guess this goes here.

I'm probably purchasing an Infiniti G35 coupe here soon this week. It's a 2004.

All you people that have owned one or owns one currently; were you happy with it? What are the pros/cons of the car?

I'm kind of excited. Hopefully I won't be car-less anymore. :bump:

Drive one and determine that for yourself..They are good cars

Dr.G35
08-02-2009, 08:11 PM
I love my car! The only thing I don't like about it though, is the interior. It has a cheap look to it. lol. pm me if you have any questions about it.

Johnnyone
08-03-2009, 01:42 PM
I have a 05 sedan (changed the interior in 05) and i like it. Check out g35driver.com, good resource for that car.

Elbow
08-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Electrical issues out the ass...and slow, other then that, purty nice.

haybuddyy
08-03-2009, 09:42 PM
It wasn't meant to be a fast car, it's just gonna be my daily driver.

I think the interior would look nice on the one I'm currently looking at...It has all that nice black leather, you know..

But like nissanTuner said; I guess I should see for myself.

Thanks guys.

abmobil
08-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Electrical issues out the ass...and slow, other then that, purty nice.

Oh really?
What electrical issues do they have?
I have yet to hear of any major electrical issues with the Z or the G ,and there are plenty of them out there.

dizzle
08-18-2009, 07:11 PM
I haven't had any electrical issues with mine. My first G35 was an 05 6speed with 70kish miles. Started hearing a rod knock the same week I purchased it. Took it back, bought an auto (yeah sucks I know), and now i'm hearing a weird noise again. Definitly check it out before you buy one. But I love it.

DirtyMechanic
08-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Electrical issues out the ass...and slow, other then that, purty nice.simon your like the jack of all trades but master of none. you know a little about a lot, please leave. you dont have one nor have you driven one for any lenth of time. and what electrical issues... are you sure you not confused with VW and Audi?

haybuddy id highly recommend checking out MyGFrenzy.com for a lot of local support help and info... and we are definitely nicer than IA...

Nissan Sean
08-18-2009, 07:18 PM
simon your like the jack of all trades but master of none. please leave. you dont have one nor have you driven one for any lenth of time. and what electrical issues... are you sure you not confused with VW and Audi?

haybuddy id highly recommend checking out MyGFrenzy.com for a lot of local support help and info... and we are definitely nicer than IA...

haha mike, i dont know if you are any nicer....but yeah mygfrenzy is a better place if your looking for g35 info

deliriouzmc
08-18-2009, 07:19 PM
cons: automatic gets boring.. interior is tolerable not the best though... i love mine drive one and see for yourself if it's for you

DirtyMechanic
08-18-2009, 07:22 PM
haha mike, i dont know if you are any nicer....but yeah mygfrenzy is a better place if your looking for g35 infowoo woo woo looks whos comes out to try to rag on me.... i can be nice... doesnt mean im nice to you...:goodjob:

DynamicSound
08-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I have enjoyed mine...after time you will want to upgrade.

03-04 only downfall is the interior...it is not bad, but 05-06 has a better interior and 07+ have a great interior.

The car is not slow...just not fast. I consider the G35 a quick car and with my 04 sedan, I still can run with the best of them and beat a stock Mustang GT from a roll. Once they work on the lack of torque, I think the G series will be a car to reckin with in performance.

If you have a Honda or a similiar car, it will feel like a major upgrade.

And...never had any electrical issues in the 5 years I have owned it...nor have any of my G35 friends had any electrical problems. :screwy:

Balls
08-20-2009, 11:36 AM
woo woo woo looks whos comes out to try to rag on me.... i can be nice... doesnt mean im nice to you...:goodjob:

pookie bear is always a nice person.....

DirtyMechanic
08-20-2009, 01:54 PM
pookie bear is always a nice person.....pookie bear is dead FYI...

mocha latte cupcake
08-20-2009, 02:14 PM
POOKY LIVES ON!

RL...
08-20-2009, 02:33 PM
g35's should be able to hit 13's all day on the track...not slow to me...

bu villain
08-20-2009, 03:00 PM
I' very happy with my 05 (had it for almost 3 years now)... here's my opinion:

pros:
very balanced (as in weight)
VQ is a solid motor
lots of quality aftermarket parts available

cons:
slightly high clutch engagement point
cream pillars and headliner (even with black interior)
bolt ons do little for power/torque
and of course all the electrical problems (haha...just kidding)

You may want to check the TSBs...but that goes with any car you plan on buying. For example, I believe some of the 04's had some oil consumption issues. DM knows way more about this stuff than I do.

Balls
08-20-2009, 04:33 PM
pookie bear is dead FYI...
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........p ookie bear dont leave.......

OnURleft
08-22-2009, 02:48 AM
If you don't give a SHIT about inner beauty then the G35 is your car. They are beautiful supermodels but there as pretty on the inside as your dead great grandmas tities. The drivetrain and motor is similar to a 8 year old coffee grinder that needs balancing, the suspension is descent but too soft ( especially on quick transitions it's just horrible), brakes are good but overrated and the overall performance is equivalant to a 1993 BMW M3 Euro (developed 17 years ago). So, yes it's a good car that's somewhat dependable but overall it's more poseur then "hot." So, trying not to be biased I go for quality, not something trying to immatate what's good

Elbow
08-22-2009, 05:49 AM
If you don't give a SHIT about inner beauty then the G35 is your car. They are beautiful supermodels but there as pretty on the inside as your dead great grandmas tities. The drivetrain and motor is similar to a 8 year old coffee grinder that needs balancing, the suspension is descent but too soft ( especially on quick transitions it's just horrible), brakes are good but overrated and the overall performance is equivalant to a 1993 BMW M3 Euro (developed 17 years ago). So, yes it's a good car that's somewhat dependable but overall it's more poseur then "hot." So, trying not to be biased I go for quality, not something trying to immatate what's good

LOL best description EVER. :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Elbow
08-22-2009, 05:50 AM
simon your like the jack of all trades but master of none. you know a little about a lot, please leave. you dont have one nor have you driven one for any lenth of time. and what electrical issues... are you sure you not confused with VW and Audi?

Shut up dumb fuck I am speaking from friends G35's that have had issues, windows quit working, dash light issues, the famous 3rd gear grind in every G35 I've seen, etc etc.

Sorry that your car isn't some gift from god with no issues. :no:

DirtyMechanic
08-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Shut up dumb fuck I am speaking from friends G35's that have had issues, windows quit working, dash light issues, the famous 3rd gear grind in every G35 I've seen, etc etc.

Sorry that your car isn't some gift from god with no issues. :no:umm you mean one friend.... mary... and she was complaining about every little thing.
and i never said my car never had issues. i just had them done under warranty and they were never really to bad... you make a opinion on only one car. not the hunderds ive seen and worked on.

Elbow
08-22-2009, 04:57 PM
umm you mean one friend.... mary... and she was complaining about every little thing.
and i never said my car never had issues. i just had them done under warranty and they were never really to bad... you make a opinion on only one car. not the hunderds ive seen and worked on.

Mary is the only person I know with or had a G35? You know everyone I know? :???: