PDA

View Full Version : really random, but i have to ask!

Schugg
10-08-2005, 01:40 AM
ok so if the "universe" is made up of tons of galaxies, and suns, and all that. that means there is somewhere atleast another galaxy, that also revolves around another sun. what if there was another planet, just like this one, but with nothing or other things living on it. like i said this is pretttty random, but it just seemed like a cool thought.

DJ XtRaKŠ
10-08-2005, 01:49 AM
um....lay off the acid dude

SwiftGTiRacer
10-08-2005, 01:50 AM
those are questions you ask when your stoned.

Swifty

Schugg
10-08-2005, 01:53 AM
it does kinda sound like im on acid with that post, but im not so its good. i think i just need to get to sleep, after being up till 7:00am last night cause my friends timing belt broke and needed me to come get him.

edit: or when u have a lack of sleep, i dont smoke the green either.

chuck
10-08-2005, 08:28 AM
that means there is somewhere atleast another galaxy, that also revolves around another sun

please tell me you do know that all the stars are other suns and many have planets and satellites (not the kind for TV, lol) orbiting around them

Brett
10-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Yeah I was gonna say STARS are SUNS.... and they have shown now quite a few planets orbiting stars now, Bad thing is the only ones we have found are "Super Planets" which are ones 10x larger then the gas giants we have ( Jupiter and Saturn ) and they are very close to thier son, Like how close Mercury is and closer, so we have yet to see a planet that orbits a sun that is our size and even a distance like ours that could support life. But they find new ones all the time now, they now know how to look and find them, they look for a wabble in a star and by finding that and how much it wabbles they can estimate the size of the planet, its orbit, etc.....

Our Sun is a star. But I look up at the sky al the time and think of shit like that, But we had a thread about this a few weeks ago, and I was saying how I have always been heavlily into the space program and space science, I like to look up at the sky and wonder where another planet is like ours that has life on it like ours and wonder if they are looking up at the sky at the same time wondering what we do.....

Schugg
10-08-2005, 12:03 PM
yes i know that all the stars are suns just alot farther away. but i meant like another star/sun, big enough to be in its own galaxy

quickdodgeŽ
10-08-2005, 12:34 PM
That's backwards, there. The Sun, and any other existing sun, is a star. Later, QD.

The Golden Child
10-08-2005, 12:53 PM
u need 2 read this on drugs ..

aaronfelipe
10-08-2005, 12:55 PM
um....lay off the acid dude

LMAO

Sledlude
10-08-2005, 05:48 PM
the answer to everything ever is 42. yes, 42.

Schugg
10-08-2005, 05:59 PM
haha