PDA

View Full Version : Movies/TV Bruckheimer Enlists "World War Robot"

BKgen®
08-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Jerry Bruckheimer has acquired the right to IDW Publishing's graphic novel WORLD WAR ROBOT, reports VARIETY. Written by Ashley Wood, the story is presented in the form of war journals from a war between humans and robots that stretches from Earth to the moon to Mars.

Wood and IDW head Ted Adams are set to exec produce.

If you haven't read/seen the novel, it's worth picking up. Definitely worth flipping through if you're ever at a Barnes & Noble at the very least. I don't know what he's planning on doing with the title (live action/CG(animation)... no idea). 3d movies seem to be the craze these days, so you never know. Hopefully they'll do it justice... It's Bruckheimer, and the Pirates movies weren't half bad. He also produced the Prince of Persia movie that's in post production right now... We'll see how that turns out. :rolleyes:

Anyway, anyone else ever read World War Robot?

http://premium1.uploadit.org/brandonp47//wwr01.jpg

americanctm
08-02-2009, 02:56 PM
damn sounds interesting... i've never heard of it. I heard they were going to make a movie about the zombie survival guide and World War Z. Never heard of World War Robot.
The story sounds like it could be a Terminator meets Halo kind of thing.

BKgen®
08-02-2009, 03:41 PM
damn sounds interesting... i've never heard of it. I heard they were going to make a movie about the zombie survival guide and World War Z. Never heard of World War Robot.

Loved both of those books, and if Max Brooks has a big role to play in the making of it, it'll be as "real" as possible.

Bigt8aford
08-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Never heard of it, but it seems to be really good! I ll have to check it out.

ShooterMcGavin
08-06-2009, 12:06 PM
yeah i believe world war z is going to be come a film, can't wait :D

VTECking
08-09-2009, 12:54 AM
If you haven't read/seen the novel, it's worth picking up. Definitely worth flipping through if you're ever at a Barnes & Noble at the very least. I don't know what he's planning on doing with the title (live action/CG(animation)... no idea). 3d movies seem to be the craze these days, so you never know. Hopefully they'll do it justice... It's Bruckheimer, and the Pirates movies weren't half bad. He also produced the Prince of Persia movie that's in post production right now... We'll see how that turns out. :rolleyes:

Anyway, anyone else ever read World War Robot?

http://premium1.uploadit.org/brandonp47//wwr01.jpg

The shit on the left reminds me of the gekkos on MGS4.

BKgen®
08-09-2009, 12:11 PM
The shit on the left reminds me of the gekkos on MGS4.

Yeah, looks very similar to the first level.