PDA

View Full Version : Places Red Carpet Lanes Bowling in Duluth

UpSideDownDesi
08-02-2009, 12:58 AM
I been going to this place for a while now, it was great in the beginning, and i have seen it go down the drain. They are getting promoters in who are more concerned about making money for themselves than doing bowling alley any good.

My experience today:
-I had to pay $5 cover to get in, to go Bowling. They said it's a party going on inside and u can go both up & down stair. There was no party, upstairs was a ghost town with 1 person at the bar. Nice party huh?
-Down stairs had good bit of crowd, but only 1 cashier. 30 mins wait not to get a lane, but to get to cashier. There were only 2 groups in front of us with about 4-5 people in it. Either they need to get people who know what they are doing or open more cashiers.
-Then we got assigned a lane which had 2 chairs missing (broken off), ummm 6 people, 2 chairs. That lane should have been close. I told some fat lady up front who's the supervisor. Her reply, "you can sit on the chair for lane next to you." WTF, i am paying i want to sit down at my lane when i am eating, and drinking. Finally they move our lane. I throw the first ball, lane freezes.....6th frame, lane freezes again (no help for 10mins). Then last frame, last player...lane shuts down on us before we even finish :2up:. That's when we dipped instead of playing next game.

Summary: Be ready to pay $5 just to enter the bowling alley (ie $15 for the first game), shitty to no customer service, lanes that don't function properly, place feels more like a run down place with loud music just to keep people entertained.

I don't mind throwing money down to have fun, but i am not the one to waste it either. You'll be wasting it if you go to Red Carpet Lanes in Duluth. :goodjob:

RL...
08-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Damn I've been there only once like 2 months ago and I had fun! Some nice looking ladies up there too...but these things always change..

jR1_kS14
08-02-2009, 01:51 AM
is it a korean owned place?

cactusEG
08-02-2009, 02:22 AM
is it a korean owned place?

LOL ! I wont let u talk down about my race like that, fuck face ! ! ! :rolleyes:

jR1_kS14
08-02-2009, 02:24 AM
heh, just wondering.

gwinnett has been taken over by koreans lolz

but i doubt it, usually their places are pretty good.

cactusEG
08-02-2009, 12:07 PM
heh, just wondering.

gwinnett has been taken over by koreans lolz

but i doubt it, usually their places are pretty good.

I'm joking, Im not asain....

RL...
08-02-2009, 07:43 PM
koreans suck

bookthief
08-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Yes, I'm quite sure the owner is korean/some Asian of some sort.

OP, thanks for sharing your opinion.
And maybe the reason as to why, the service/place/etc. seemed "shitty"
was due to the low employee staff (which you seemed to notice)
And another reason might be b/c the place is "used" by hundreds of people through out the week, you might encounter some mishaps, every now and then.

I guess you just ended up going on the 'wrong day'

UpSideDownDesi
08-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Doesn't matter who the owner is doesn't make a business great or bad based on white, asian, black, and any other race. I come from very strong customer service background, i can improve customer service of that place with half of the employees their were there that night.

-Reason why the service was bad
A. No politeness when attending clients, no smile, no eye contact, no appreciation of clients, instead of improving on a mistake they offered next lower alternative, no apology for inconvenience ....employees don't seemed to be supervised well. I'd like to see requirements to get hired there and training employees get (nothing against people working there.)

B. There were plenty of employees. I said they need to know what they are doing, not lack of them. Make better use of employees. There were 3 people behind the counter, 1 cashier, 1 shoe person, and heavy set white lady (supervisor) simply walking around. While I was waiting 2 employees other than the cashier weren't doing ANYTHING. Those weren't the only wandering employees. Great employee management huh?

- Other bowling places are used by 100's off people every week also, go to 300 or Brunswick. There might be wait to get lanes, lanes freezing, but customers are priority.

I shouldn't look for a right day to enjoy my time, i should be able to go anytime and have fun ;). I have gone there multiple times and actually defended the place when people said negative about it, but place has gone down from it was only few months back. Heck i was actually gonna hold a event there or make that place part of it. They got the crowd, they are busy, i am sure they are making money, but they are forgetting where's the money coming from....clients. They never know who might be the next client....;).

RL...
08-02-2009, 10:10 PM
^^when he's right he's right

bookthief
08-02-2009, 10:13 PM
There you go.
Thanks for elucidating properly.

I've never been to 300--Brunswick--a couple times.
Ehh, i'm not much of a bowler.
Some are, some aren't.

I'm not one to tell you what to do, but my suggestions are to:
-watch a movie instead
-visit other bowling places
-wait a few passing months and see/hear if the Carpets have straightned out.

Maniacc
08-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Redcarpet Lames does suck.

The bowling side of it isn't bad, but the 'wannabe' club part sucks massive blue whale cock.

UpSideDownDesi
08-02-2009, 10:27 PM
There you go.
Thanks for elucidating properly.

I've never been to 300--Brunswick--a couple times.
Ehh, i'm not much of a bowler.
Some are, some aren't.

I'm not one to tell you what to do, but my suggestions are to:
-watch a movie instead
-visit other bowling places
-wait a few passing months and see/hear if the Carpets have straightned out.

Visit 300 or 10 pin alley, that is the image i believe Red Carpet lanes is trying to achieve, but far from it. I gladly waited 1hr for a lane there, paid premium for games & drinks, but i have hell of a time when i go.

I am not a bowler myself. I am guy who likes to socialize and go bowling every once in a while with friends.

I have my options set :D. Thanks for recommendations.

I'll take a wild guess, you are somehow linked to Red Carpet lanes?

bookthief
08-02-2009, 10:30 PM
An entire hour, you say?

Hmm..

Wild guess??--semi-correct.
I just know people that work there.

UpSideDownDesi
08-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Redcarpet Lames does suck.

The bowling side of it isn't bad, but the 'wannabe' club part sucks massive blue whale cock.
Night club part of it is big fail for them, i saw 1 person at the bar upstairs on a sat night at 11:00pm. They finally moved the DJ downstairs after realizing so. I feel sorry for them to be paying out those promoters (must have money to waste). They were better off themselves....no kidding.

UpSideDownDesi
08-02-2009, 10:39 PM
An entire hour, you say?

Hmm..

Wild guess??--semi-correct.
I just know people that work there.

I waited entire hour at 300, i had fun waiting that hour. Layout of it that place is great. They apologized for the wait when we were served. At times they messed up, and offered complimentary services to show efforts they are putting in and make sure we leave satisfied. Even though we didn't accept, we left happy. That's customer service where business messes up, but client still leaves happy.

I hope you can put in a word to the owners through people u know. I'll keep their names off public forums :goodjob:.

bookthief
08-02-2009, 10:44 PM
I waited entire hour at 300, i had fun waiting that hour. Layout of it that place is great. They apologized for the wait when we were served. At times they messed up, and offered complimentary services to show efforts they are putting in and make sure we leave satisfied. Even though we didn't accept, we left happy. That's customer service where business messes up, but client still leaves happy.

I hope you can put in a word to the owners through people u know. I'll keep their names off public forums :goodjob:.

I see what you're saying.
customer service/satisfaction, should be priority # 1.

I'll tell them something, alright :goodjob:

Maniacc
08-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Night club part of it is big fail for them, i saw 1 person at the bar upstairs on a sat night at 11:00pm. They finally moved the DJ downstairs after realizing so. I feel sorry for them to be paying out those promoters (must have money to waste). They were better off themselves....no kidding.
Remember when you saw me there and I told you that I had been working there part-time for like a week or two? Yea, well I quit like a few days later. Only reason why I even bothered with RCL is because I live like 5 mins away from it. And from what I gathered the place is complete fail.

Too many black people fucking it up. They tip like shit but expect 5 star service.

Not only that but money fucking sucks there. Shit, you bust your ass from like 5-close which is usually around 3am for nothing! Oh and the people who work there are ugly too which is another reason why I left.

AirMax95
08-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I go there all the time, just not on Sunday's anymore after 10. I know a couple of the promoters and they are small time. Most of the time the service is fine, but Sunday just blows plain and simple.

300 has 2 cashiers most of the time, and they handle the masses pretty well. Red Carpet has potential, but the party promotions are lame and will stop soon. I'm pretty sure they drop a nice chuck to rent the door, and based off the attendance, they can't be turning a profit.

AirMax95
08-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Remember when you saw me there and I told you that I had been working there part-time for like a week or two? Yea, well I quit like a few days later. Only reason why I even bothered with RCL is because I live like 5 mins away from it. And from what I gathered the place is complete fail.

Too many black people fucking it up. They tip like shit but expect 5 star service.

Not only that but money fucking sucks there. Shit, you bust your ass from like 5-close which is usually around 3am for nothing! Oh and the people who work there are ugly too which is another reason why I left.

What exactly are the black people fucking up, your tips?

pt_tng
08-03-2009, 12:10 PM

:lmfao:

UpSideDownDesi
08-03-2009, 12:32 PM

yea it's mostly african american crow, but watever bring them money. They are running a business. They need to stop with these promoters running the place, and run it like a bowling alley is suppose to run. Promoters are running the place down or who ever is telling Victoria to do this and that. Once image of a business is ruined, it's done for good....hard or impossible to build it back up.

Maniacc
08-03-2009, 04:36 PM
yea it's mostly african american crow, but watever bring them money. They are running a business. They need to stop with these promoters running the place, and run it like a bowling alley is suppose to run. Promoters are running the place down or who ever is telling Victoria to do this and that. Once image of a business is ruined, it's done for good....hard or impossible to build it back up.

Who gives a shit, man.

I don't see that place being there in 2010. They will either go back to the original plan and stick with simple entertainment: pool, poker, bowling. Or, have no choice but to abandon ship.

What exactly are the black people fucking up, your tips?

No, not my tips(since I don't work there anymore).

Society. lol

TIGERJC
08-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Who gives a shit, man.

I don't see that place being there in 2010. They will either go back to the original plan and stick with simple entertainment: pool, poker, bowling. Or, have no choice but to abandon ship.

Society. lol
well you can jump back over the fence then

EJ25RUN
08-03-2009, 07:28 PM
I can relate about that place. Initially it was nice environment.

Last time i went, they wanted me to pay this cover nonsense as well so i left. Before that, they got rid of the arcade section as well. Not going back there again.

ThAixGuYx2k7
08-04-2009, 02:28 AM
I used to work at RCL when they FIRST opened. The management kept changing their minds on a daily basis and I never got the raise I was promised. They started out pretty well, now it's all down hill ever since they let their best manager go about four months ago. They screwed up my W2 form, and I had to go in 3 times to get it fixed. They had good intentions, the place LOOKED fantastic, the arcade WAS decent, the pool hall and poker tables looked really nice and the food used to be good. Honestly, they might have made it out better than how they are now if management was better. Me and along with 3 other people walked out all at the same time after we were told they were cutting back on hours and salary. Economy is bad, they just opened up at a wrong time.

jR1_kS14
08-04-2009, 02:54 AM
I used to work at RCL when they FIRST opened. The management kept changing their minds on a daily basis and I never got the raise I was promised. They started out pretty well, now it's all down hill ever since they let their best manager go about four months ago. They screwed up my W2 form, and I had to go in 3 times to get it fixed. They had good intentions, the place LOOKED fantastic, the arcade WAS decent, the pool hall and poker tables looked really nice and the food used to be good. Honestly, they might have made it out better than how they are now if management was better. Me and along with 3 other people walked out all at the same time after we were told they were cutting back on hours and salary. Economy is bad, they just opened up at a wrong time.

lolwat

you're expecting a raise in pay, on the first year you are working there?

UpSideDownDesi
08-04-2009, 11:39 AM
lolwat

you're expecting a raise in pay, on the first year you are working there?
Raises are given on quaterly, semi-annual, and yearly basis depending on where you work. Every 6 months is about industry standard.

Z33_kid
08-04-2009, 04:05 PM
wow that sucks ... brunswick ftw on 99cent bowling

Julio
08-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Raises are given on quaterly, semi-annual, and yearly basis depending on where you work. Every 6 months is about industry standard.

Says who ?

Is all about the company .. Not the industry.. and sometime.. not even the company.. just the job market :rolleyes:

red carpet lanes has always sucked. Doesnt care who runs it..

I met a lady there, someone told me she was the owner.. I dont know.. whatever.. she was pretty fuckable...

I cant wait until a drunk person throws a bottle from upstairs and knock someone out at the bottom.. That will be epic.

On the other hand.. cant believe you peeps are complaining about a bowling alley..

eYezs1ck
08-06-2009, 01:49 AM
koreans suck
are you korean?

T-Mo Goodie
08-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Who gives a shit, man.

Society. lol

You are ignorant a fcuk!!! Go live deep in the country somewhere because I can tell BLACK PEOPLE are not gonna go anywhere! They probably didn't tip you because, hey look at your attitude. You undercover race haters kill me. You won't say that siht to a black persons face!

Maniacc
08-06-2009, 01:05 PM
You are ignorant a fcuk!!! Go live deep in the country somewhere because I can tell BLACK PEOPLE are not gonna go anywhere! They probably didn't tip you because, hey look at your attitude. You undercover race haters kill me. You won't say that siht to a black persons face!
You are one ugly ass spook you know that? I am not ignorant, Shaniqua. I'm one of those people who just wont say how's it goin to anybody in passing, unless It's a cute chick or someone I actually like. Who I treat badly. The rest can fuck themselves. I hate most all people. Escpecially dumbfucks like you.

Colored women who think they know what they're talking about.

I know that black people are not going anywhere. They're like roaches. A parasite. Why don't you fuckoff and continue 'crankin' that cotton-gin?' Maybe go make some corn bread or grill some chicken? Want some cole slaw? Publix. Hit it up, cunt.

WickedIXMR
08-06-2009, 01:29 PM
You are one ugly ass spook you know that? I am not ignorant, Shaniqua. I'm one of those people who just wont say how's it goin to anybody in passing, unless It's a cute chick or someone I actually like. Who I treat badly. The rest can fuck themselves. I hate most all people. Escpecially dumbfucks like you.

Colored women who think they know what they're talking about.

I know that black people are not going anywhere. They're like roaches. A parasite. Why don't you fuckoff and continue 'crankin' that cotton-gin?' Maybe go make some corn bread or grill some chicken? Want some cole slaw? Publix. Hit it up, cunt.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

choiiiiiiiii
08-06-2009, 10:52 PM
:eek:

:goodjob: lol

SPOOLIN
08-07-2009, 11:46 PM
Says who ?

Is all about the company .. Not the industry.. and sometime.. not even the company.. just the job market :rolleyes:

red carpet lanes has always sucked. Doesnt care who runs it..

I met a lady there, someone told me she was the owner.. I dont know.. whatever.. she was pretty fuckable...

I cant wait until a drunk person throws a bottle from upstairs and knock someone out at the bottom.. That will be epic.

On the other hand.. cant believe you peeps are complaining about a bowling alley..

lol yeah direct shot it looks like. And i Can't stand alleys that have staff like that and have broke shit that they don't repair. Bowling alley machines take round the clock maintenance to keep them going...and holy shit they charge 5$ a GAME?!? that shit is not worth it. I pay 2$ LOL.
http://jessj.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/6466809.jpg

JDMGRNAV6
01-11-2010, 12:51 AM
this place is gay, i kno a few of the so called "bouncers" so no cover for me, and upstairs is no joke deserted, def a waste of time, i dnt bowl really at all so if i dnt have a good crowd to drink around i dnt wanna be there... and no hott bitches

everything is set-up real nice tho imo

this thread is gettin heated lol

nextelbuddy
01-11-2010, 03:55 PM
this place is closed down now....

Julio
01-11-2010, 04:06 PM
this place is closed down now....

lmao.. NOt shocked..

thx for the update..

JDMGRNAV6
01-11-2010, 11:10 PM
is it really?? i wass there like three weeks ago.

AtifSajid
01-12-2010, 01:27 PM
I have been to red carpet lanes quite a few times myself for private bday parties and such. I have noticed that the club upstairs is ALWAYS empty except for the party that we are in.

Never tried to bowl because the lanes were always full. Music was good.

The pool tables suck though. Unless I just happened to pick the wrong one.

JDMGRNAV6
01-13-2010, 12:29 PM
drove by it last nite and its like a ghost town