PDA

View Full Version : New ZR1 and Lamborghini LP670 SV

Lankhoss
08-01-2009, 02:14 PM
So Autocar had a video out for a while with a rear-mounted camera showing the ZR1 chasing this car down, but wouldn't disclose what the front car was. Here's the video they just released....pretty fun watch.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallpapers/Videos.aspx?AR=242044&CT=V

Evil Goat
08-01-2009, 02:17 PM
i saw this earlier today...zr1's are no joke....

only one i've seen in person was at sdr a few weeks ago, it ran 12's on street tires, they put on "slicks" which i didnt take a good look at, they had no sidewall, so might as well been a drag radial i guess, and it still ran 12's....i wanted to offer to drive it but figured id piss off the old geezer driving it

Lankhoss
08-01-2009, 02:24 PM
i saw this earlier today...zr1's are no joke....

only one i've seen in person was at sdr a few weeks ago, it ran 12's on street tires, they put on "slicks" which i didnt take a good look at, they had no sidewall, so might as well been a drag radial i guess, and it still ran 12's....i wanted to offer to drive it but figured id piss off the old geezer driving it

Wow lol That's impressively terrible.

Even I hit an 11 the first time I took my Z to the track....and I had never drag raced in my life, was trapping in the wrong gear, didn't lower the pressure in my rear tires, and it was 103 degrees out ha ha

The ZR1's are setup to launch better than the Z06's as well. However, they do have more hp, 20" rear wheels, and a front weight bias....so I don't know which is ACTUALLY easier to get out of the hole.

btstone
08-01-2009, 02:36 PM
WOW. i wanna zr1. i may sell al my cars and get one :)

oleblue
08-01-2009, 04:37 PM
zr1's are nice but cost to much.You could put that extra money in a zo6 and murder the zr1.

Lankhoss
08-01-2009, 04:38 PM
zr1's are nice but cost to much.You could put that extra money in a zo6 and murder the zr1.

Agreed. But stock, it and the ACR are the best performance cars in the world for under 150k

oleblue
08-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Agreed. But stock, it and the ACR are the best performance cars in the world for under 150k

So what are the ACR's doing now are they faster than the zr1?

OnURleft
08-02-2009, 06:35 AM
Ahhh the Lambo!

I'm also very impressed to see another test driver comment on how docile/confidence inspiring the Vette is. That is very untypical of Vette's on a track.

Lankhoss
08-02-2009, 08:22 AM
So what are the ACR's doing now are they faster than the zr1?

They have always been, according to what info is out there. They are slower in a straight line, but that is it.

There has yet to be a head to head test with the two cars, using the same driver, same day, same track. However, the ACR has done Nurburgring about 4 seconds faster than the ZR1. That says quite a bit, considering the one advantage the ZR1 has is power, and a long course like that makes good use of a car with good acceleration and top speed.

OnURleft
08-04-2009, 05:07 PM
They have always been, according to what info is out there. They are slower in a straight line, but that is it.

There has yet to be a head to head test with the two cars, using the same driver, same day, same track. However, the ACR has done Nurburgring about 4 seconds faster than the ZR1. That says quite a bit, considering the one advantage the ZR1 has is power, and a long course like that makes good use of a car with good acceleration and top speed.

IIRC the ACR comes with Pilot Cups which are R comps, vs the Vette's PS2's which turn to gew (but good predictable gew) at a professional drivers pace. Those pilot cups would DEF buy you over 4 seconds on an 7-8 minute track, not to mention the big unstreet car like wing just slicing seconds.

ZR1> ACR (not saying you disagreed, just IMO). It has less in many ways and does almost the same thing

Lankhoss
08-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I think they did a better job at ACTUALLY making the ACR a track car. The ZR1 on the other hand....well, I don't really understand it.

The Corvette is GM's flagship sports car. The Z06 is the "purely performance oriented" version of the Corvette. So what is the ZR1? With the Coupe, Z51, and Z06 out there....why would you need a car that's comfortable on the street? So the ZR1 gained weight, and still uses normal street tires. I agree that if they were a softer compound it would make a big difference in how it performs compared to the ACR.....but there's just no reason they shouldn't come from the factory with them.

I think the Z06 looks better than the ZR1, plus N/A>FI. So even though I'm a GM guy, I actually like the ACR better.

oleblue
08-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey lankhoss, I seen a video of you racing a Viper what kind was it? What did it have done to pull you like that cause the z06 is suppost to be neck and neck with them aint they? I guess it just depends on what model the Viper was.

Frög
08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
There is a Zr1 in dunwoody that I have seen 2 or 3 times.. What a sick car..

Lankhoss
08-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Hey lankhoss, I seen a video of you racing a Viper what kind was it? What did it have done to pull you like that cause the z06 is suppost to be neck and neck with them aint they? I guess it just depends on what model the Viper was.

There's not a video of a Viper beating me, that I'm aware of.

The Z06 dominated the Gen III Vipers in a straight line, the Gen IV Vipers (like you ran into) will pull a stock Z06 pretty easily in a straight line.

The Gen IV Vipers have about 110 - 120 more WHEEL horsepower than the Gen III's did (picked up 8+mph in the quarter mile).

oleblue
08-04-2009, 07:54 PM
There's not a video of a Viper beating me, that I'm aware of.

The Z06 dominated the Gen III Vipers in a straight line, the Gen IV Vipers (like you ran into) will pull a stock Z06 pretty easily in a straight line.

The Gen IV Vipers have about 110 - 120 more WHEEL horsepower than the Gen III's did (picked up 8+mph in the quarter mile).

My bad, I could have swear it said lankhoss as the z06 but I cant find it now either so I guess I just looked at it wrong or something.

oleblue
08-04-2009, 08:06 PM
I just found the same video I watched and it was not you. I must have clicked the wrong video or something on accident.lol

Lankhoss
08-04-2009, 08:08 PM
I just found the same video I watched and it was not you. I must have clicked the wrong video or something on accident.lol

Ah, no problem. I think there was a video of a new Viper racing a lightly modded Z06 and the Z06 lost, or something like that.