PDA

View Full Version : Emissions testing station that doesn't look for the cat

Apex i ITR
08-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Not sure if this allowed to be spoken about on this forum but I know I'm not the only EVO with a TBE in the surrounding Atlanta area.

I went to 2 different testing stations that I was assured wouldn't look for a cat and they both did......I'm so fucking annoyed with this shit. I went through all this trouble to not throw a god damn cel and now to deal with this....highly fucking annoying.

I'm sorry for the cursing guys......I'm so heated I can't help it.

So can anyone recommend a place they know FOR A FACT that doesn't look for a cat. I don't have the stock exhaust and after al lthe money spent to get this far I really don't want to go through all the trouble of having to buy a stock exhaust just to pass emissions.h

Z0_o6
08-01-2009, 02:03 PM
unfortunately i can't help you with finding a shop like that as i don't live in an emissions county, my only recommendation would be to get a high-flow 3" cat such as a random technologies one and have it installed. it will be legal and not lose any power. then you shouldn't have any trouble passing at any emissions place.

81911SC
08-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Do you know what you're talking about?

Apex i ITR
08-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Do you know what you're talking about?

me or the second poster?

I'm not a fan of hacking my current 3 inch TBE to fit a high flow cat or else I would've just bought a Catback and a hi flo cat.

I know thats probably going to be the only way but there are way to many TBE evo's running around for me to be the only one having to deal with this sh1t.

NoWAyItZTOMmY
08-02-2009, 03:27 PM
weld the bottom part of the shield to the TBE of your so it 'looks' like one. trade u one for those rear seats ;o

rickgiblin
08-02-2009, 08:06 PM
talk to anthony... i beleve he does emissions.

OTG Signs
08-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Depends on your county. Forsyth just checks for CELs via OBDII ports. No visuals.

quickdodgeŽ
08-02-2009, 08:52 PM
after al lthe money spent to get this far I really don't want to go through all the trouble of having to buy a stock exhaust just to pass emissions.h

Should have thought about that before you spent "al lthe money" you did. Lolol @ posting about illegal shit on a public board. Later, QD.

Slomaro Z28
08-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Get a hi-flow cat or gut a stock cat.

Turbodude06
08-03-2009, 02:21 PM
if its obd2 i've never been checked for a cat, cause none of mine have one.....