PDA

View Full Version : OBD2 Civic GSR swap

gerardojdm
08-01-2009, 11:36 AM
Ok i need to know what exactly need to be done to drop in a Obd1 gsr swap in a bd2 civic.
I know that the harness of the civic will have to be put on the Gsr motor. But will the be plugs missing? Are there going to be CEL's? Emissions?

Also the Distributor and alternator will be need to changed or converted OBD2 for a fact. The mounts or get get the brackets.

Whats else?? I've never dont a swap on a 1996+ civic and just trying to help out a friend. Thanks IA

punkr6
08-01-2009, 12:35 PM
use the obd2 dizzy, injectors,and ecu. Also the obd2 oil pump and crank sensor thats behind the lower timing belt cover will need to be added. Other then that its pretty straight foward. lucky for you you have both set ups and its just a matter of swaping some parts around...

wrekonize
08-01-2009, 03:31 PM
have jdmda9 help you out

punkr6
08-01-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm on the southside, let me know if you need anything...

Tech5
08-01-2009, 05:03 PM
You will need to do the Crank angle sensor MOD...

Civic uses a 3 pin plug, and GSR uses a 2 pin plug...

Tech5
08-01-2009, 05:04 PM
have jdmda9 help you out

Neggative.... Either a sponsor or he will get banned

Tech5
08-01-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm on the southside, let me know if you need anything...

be careful

punkr6
08-01-2009, 05:12 PM
be careful

I retrack my last statement, I was only trying to help a neighbor out completly FREE and I was in no way trying to solicitate labor. Jesus....

wrekonize
08-01-2009, 06:39 PM
this post was a joke tech5
because these two been at each others necks about who know more about swaps.....lol

im just trying to clear jdmda9 name hes a good friend of mine....

Neggative.... Either a sponsor or he will get banned

Tech5
08-01-2009, 10:05 PM
this post was a joke tech5
because these two been at each others necks about who know more about swaps.....lol

im just trying to clear jdmda9 name hes a good friend of mine....

Thats going to be hard to do my friend

Barefoot
08-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Thats going to be hard to do my friendthats right because i know more.

Tech5
08-02-2009, 10:45 AM
thats right because i know more.

Than a Rock I agree:lmfao:

Formally...
08-02-2009, 09:26 PM
As for swapping in a OBD1 gsr in an OBD2 civic here is what you will need to do. You will use the wiring harness that came in the car and just modify it to the new motor.

If civic is EX and already has vtec then you will not have to add those.
If civic is Y7 then you will have to convert to 2 wire IAC.
You can use the OBD1 dizzy ust rewire/repin the plug for dizzy.
You can use the OBD1 ecu with conversion harness but if stock ecu you will have to add knock sensor wiring and butterfly box wiring if using stock intake manifold.
Alt plug can be rewired.
Will have to use ODB2 GSR ecu (2000-2001 have emobilizers and will not work) to pass emissions and will have to do the CKF rewire at ecu and not have to change oil pumps.

Good luck with swap.

jdmda9
08-03-2009, 11:58 AM
exactly. hopefully its an ex so that the swap will be less of a hassle. later!
As for swapping in a OBD1 gsr in an OBD2 civic here is what you will need to do. You will use the wiring harness that came in the car and just modify it to the new motor.

If civic is EX and already has vtec then you will not have to add those.
If civic is Y7 then you will have to convert to 2 wire IAC.
You can use the OBD1 dizzy ust rewire/repin the plug for dizzy.
You can use the OBD1 ecu with conversion harness but if stock ecu you will have to add knock sensor wiring and butterfly box wiring if using stock intake manifold.
Alt plug can be rewired.
Will have to use ODB2 GSR ecu (2000-2001 have emobilizers and will not work) to pass emissions and will have to do the CKF rewire at ecu and not have to change oil pumps.

Good luck with swap.